AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-09-27, 01:21   Link #41
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Private Nurse is translated and you can purchase the game online. I suggest you check out JastUsa. A word of warning, a majority of these translated games sucks miserably so you need to ask around for the ones worth spending your bucks. I don't know if there are any ero-games on video game consoles.

Anyway, since this thread has been revived, I had my friend (who introduced me to bishoujo gaming in the first place) borrow the game and he loved it. He told me today that he was absolutely depressed over Maria's ending and that he found it gloomier than all of Crescendo's stories (he owns Crescendo). I mean yeah, it's really sad and everything but come on, there' no way that it can beat yuka's storyline in Crescendo. It's really ironic coz I'm arguing for his game while he's arguing for my game. Wait till I give him Kana, hehe. I haven't touched that game since I played it that one time, a long time ago.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 09:28   Link #42
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semaj
Time to revive an old thread, sry guys.

I just finish the Maria ending (too sad) and I having one question; what is she exactly? I read through some of the after dairies and they are just not very helpful. I was wondering if someone actually figured it out or could atleast point me to a disscussion about it.
Spoiler for Private Nurse - Maria ending:
Old 2004-09-27, 12:18   Link #43
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

I believe...

Spoiler:

As for the other questions, G-Collections is one of the few 'active' localization groups out there that do translations for bishoujo/ero titles. Unfortunetly, bullsquat is right, the vast majority are ones that are only for sexual appeal and not something like Private Nurse, Crescendo, Kana, Heart de Roommate, etc. Finding ones that use story over sexual gratification is pretty difficult in our society as eros are still very niche and not much of a market. However, if you do know Japanese, your choices go up exponentionally.
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 21:42   Link #44
Semaj

lol, I got three out of four (Private Nure, Cresendo, Kana), but I saw somewhere that Heart de Roommate is not a heavily ploted game. Any rejections or confirmation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
Anyway, since this thread has been revived, I had my friend (who introduced me to bishoujo gaming in the first place) borrow the game and he loved it. He told me today that he was absolutely depressed over Maria's ending and that he found it gloomier than all of Crescendo's stories (he owns Crescendo). I mean yeah, it's really sad and everything but come on, there' no way that it can beat yuka's storyline in Crescendo. It's really ironic coz I'm arguing for his game while he's arguing for my game. Wait till I give him Kana, hehe. I haven't touched that game since I played it that one time, a long time ago.
I don't think Yuka's story is anywhere near as sad as Maria's. Sure the main part of the story is not very happy (and the climax is just sad), but the ending was very uplifting (Seeing Ryo said he met an angel is just brillant) and I'm sure they both of them went on to have a very good life. However in Maria's story, first she and Hiroki were having very good lives but then she realize that she can't ignore her duties forever, and thus brings a lot of hardships in their relationship. In the end Hiroki had to choose to let her go willingly, and that is very sad indeed. So in comparison, Yuka's story may have a sadder tone but the ending is much happier; but in Maria's story you are giving a good dose of happiness and to have reality beat you on the head in the end. To me, the ending is just a bit more important than the rest of the story and I think Maria's ending is sadder than Yuka's main plot, so I feel Maria's story is much sadder.

As for Kana, I don't even think it is anywhere near as sad as those two.
Spoiler:
Semaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 21:47   Link #45
Semaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3
Spoiler for Private Nurse - Maria ending:
Yeah, I checked their site too. But I can't even find their forum or BBS. Would have wish a copy was made somewhere.
Old 2004-09-28, 02:46   Link #46
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Well, I can't say your point is not valid. It's a very good argument. In my opinion though, a story does not necessarily have to have a tragic ending in order to be heartrending. Sad stories actually more often than not still end on a happier note. I felt a gut wrenching mix of emotion whenever I replay that scene in my mind of Yuka
Spoiler:
There were just so much emotion in her storyline. Maria's story was sad.
Spoiler:
And of course, the ending did left me speechless for a good half hour or so, but then I was able to move on fairly quickly after that.

I don't even want to talk about Kana, seriously. I'm amazed it didn't effect you that much. Maybe it hit closer to home for me personally but that game literally left me psychologically damaged for a month. I can only try to forget it.

Last edited by Bullsquat; 2004-09-28 at 16:17.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 15:25   Link #47
Arwyn

Quote:
lol, I got three out of four (Private Nure, Cresendo, Kana), but I saw somewhere that Heart de Roommate is not a heavily ploted game. Any rejections or confirmation?
Check my review thread on Heart. While not as strong as Crescendo or Kana, it has a couple of decent storylines. Be warned, it starts kinda light but gets increasingly serious, and Asumi's "True" ending is a killer.

Crescendo is still my personal favorite, and has a good mix of storylines, with some light and happy ones, and some VERY strong emotional ones.

Kana is excellent, but its like getting worked over by Mike Tyson from an emotion standpoint.

Private Nurse and Heart rate about the same for me. Maria's storyline in Nurse is probably the strongest, but the the others dont measure up. I liked Heart, most of the storylines were decent, a few (the cousins) were kind of lacking, Asumi's "True" ending is just as painful as Maria's (if not more so), and the suprise for me was the storyline with the teacher, which was really sweet.

In short, if you like the others, Heart wouldnt be a bad choice.
Arwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 16:48   Link #48
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Heart has a unique spin on the game flow, as it is literally episodic in nature. You will go through episodes as you would with a normal anime series, and even have a recap episode during the mid-point. However, like every anime of this 'genre' that I have ever seen, after the first half of the 'season', the second half becomes much more serious in tone. With that said, Heart does very well at keeping a very light-heart up to that point, and even after that, Asumi does wonders at trying to keep it light-hearted despite you already understanding the hardships.

Like Arwyn said though, her endings were a shocker...

Spoiler for Asumi ending:

I'd say Heart's endings are very contrasting to each of the characters, I'm still more drawn to Tomoe than the rest But alas, I was pleasantly surprised at the game and the story, despite the protagonist being such a weak baby
Old 2004-09-28, 19:09   Link #49
Semaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
Well, I can't say your point is not valid. It's a very good argument. In my opinion though, a story does not necessarily have to have a tragic ending in order to be heartrending. Sad stories actually more often than not still end on a happier note. I felt a gut wrenching mix of emotion whenever I replay that scene in my mind of Yuka
Spoiler:
There were just so much emotion in her storyline. Maria's story was sad.
Spoiler:
And of course, the ending did left me speechless for a good half hour or so, but then I was able to move on fairly quickly after that.

I don't even want to talk about Kana, seriously. I'm amazed it didn't effect you that much. Maybe it hit closer to home for me personally but that game literally left me psychologically damaged for a month. I can only try to forget it.
I like you point too, but I think I'll keep my view for now. On thing I'm not sure is who you meant by the head nurse; if you are saying she is Juilet and that scene was after Hiroki got beat up, then don't reply to this.

I saw that Kana was very sad to most people, and I felt sad to for a day or two as well. But I guess it could be my fault that that game didn't have as much effect on me.

Thanks for the recommendations for Heart, it'll be on my list and I know how to get it.
Old 2004-09-29, 07:32   Link #50
rel

hmm

Heh.. it's funny that the above 4 mentioned games kana, crescendo, private nurse and heart de roommate are mentioned because those 4 are probably my favorite ones out of all the english bishoujo games ive played due to their storylines/plot. The sex romp fest games are not as fun to play, like the horny bunnies and come see me tonight series :P Basically you pick girls and bang them so the game is basically revolved around sex, but the top 4 there that i mentioned actually have a story line and its NOT based around sex, sure there is sex in them but its out of love for a person and it usualy happens way later in the game.. not in the first 10 minutes hahah :P
rel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 11:24   Link #51
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

At least Come See Me Tonight 2 tries to emphasize more to the story than the original did. Of course, it's still a mix bag

Crescendo is probably the only of the story-driven titles that tries to emphasize a bit more to the intimate relations, but it does so only as a plot device, not as a 'gratification' tool. But at least it's done tastefully.
Old 2004-09-29, 21:17   Link #52
Semaj

Do you mean that Cresendo is the only one that explains why the characters had they relationship they had?
Old 2004-09-29, 23:10   Link #53
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Not quite...specifically it gave more emphasis on the intimate side than the other titles did. In other words, it gave more light to that side while including it as a story driven element. Such as what Bullsquat said about Yuka...she's perhaps one of the more stronger sides of Crescendo's story, and it heavily uses sex.
Old 2004-09-30, 16:48   Link #54
Arwyn

Quote:
Do you mean that Cresendo is the only one that explains why the characters had they relationship they had?
Yes and no.

For the most part, the storyline and the characters relationships develop long before the sex. Some stories are a little different.

Kaori/Kaho/Kyoko storylines are all pretty well developed, and you dont see any of the sex until your very far along in the story, actually almost to the end. The sex scenes are there because of the relationship, rather than just some CG's thrown in to get folks to buy the game.

The Ayame/Yuka/Miyu storys have the sex show up much earlier, but it is part of explaining the backstory and why the characters are they way they are. While there is more and its graphic, it sets the stage for the rest of the story, and what happens to the characters. Yuka's in particular is a pretty stark contrast between what happens before and then after the relationship.
Old 2004-10-01, 10:14   Link #55
Semaj

I see what that means now, didn't quite get it right away.
Old 2006-05-31, 05:06   Link #56
sapphy

hey i was really interested in this thead

you guys mentioned that g-collections once showed an in-depth explanation about private nurse's ending right? if someone has a copy of it, could anyone pls tell me? i'd be really grateful. hmm... i really am curious of what other proofs they could've given other than the ones mentioned (very much) earlier than my post... i still havent tried the other games you guys say, so i guess im silent bout those...
sapphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 20:19   Link #57
Mazryonh

That in-depth explanation is something I'd like to see as well.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 10:07   Link #58
TronDD
Team the box!

It was 2 years ago someone mentioned the explaination and it was already gone at that time. Good luck finding it now.

Maybe a google cache or the internet way back machine will have it.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 09:51   Link #59
Arwyn

I think there are some walkthroughs floating around that had part of that discussion in them. I remember one that had a VERY large descripton about what everything was in the storyline, at the very end of the walkthough. I dont know if its still there, but you might Google it and see.
Old 2006-07-17, 08:12   Link #60
Oreca

I have really shitty problem
I dont know how to save the game, so i cant exit the progremm without loosing my game and i dont wanna start from the beginning
please help me!!!
thx Oreca
Oreca is offline   Reply With Quote