AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-05-11, 03:53   Link #30761
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Nobody ever uses nukes because it has the capacity to leave its target irradiated and uninhabitable. Theoretically, a tiny amount of anti-matter can level a small country but without radiation, leaving a probability of rehabilitation. People aren't afraid of using anti-matter just because anti-matter blows up. They are afraid because they can't stabilize it. Anti-matter can theoretically be contained and used for power generation with a failsafe that causes the anti-matter to annihilate baryonic matter inexplosively should the system ever collapse.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 04:01   Link #30762
Eratas123

Well do what you want, then. I think Anti-matter is way too convenient an excuse to be used, so if you plan to use it, good luck.
Old 2012-05-11, 04:05   Link #30763
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I already did. Sadly the whole fandom believes anti-matter is more unbelievable than an unnamed source of infinite energy.

Reality is really stranger than fiction.
Old 2012-05-11, 04:08   Link #30764
Eratas123

Because Anti-matter is rarely referenced in real life. Besides, being able to use it is impossible right now, so nobody's going to believe it.
Old 2012-05-11, 04:17   Link #30765
demino_hellsin
That one guy

and in reality we already have a functioning blackhole generator... though it's still a lab experiment.
Old 2012-05-11, 04:20   Link #30766
Eratas123

Fans have a different standard. Just because you think it's realistic, doesn't mean others will. Generally, fans accept things like Time Travel or Unknown energy sources, but attempting to spin off and make currently realistically impossible stuff suddenly possible gets called out.
Old 2012-05-11, 04:32   Link #30767
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I concur.

However, again. The IS being referenced as the ultimate machine without anything coming close is probably one major reason that lots of guys write something about destroying IS. Very rare and probably only applies to FOREVER ALONErs like me, but it is just aggravating.

Heck even gundams in W and 00 have been put in tough spots merely due to tactical superiority. In IS-verse, even that is meaningless if the plan doesn't make use of an IS.
Old 2012-05-11, 04:48   Link #30768
Eratas123

Because the Gundam world is a World of Badass with competent protags. IS world has Ichika as the main representative of males everywhere. You really expect anything, especially when every other male shown apart from that one unnamed bartender seems to have whipping boy stamped across their forehead?
Old 2012-05-11, 04:55   Link #30769
demino_hellsin
That one guy

so... you mean to say the IS are designed such a way in canon-verse so that Ichika can survive whatever onslaught goes his way?
Old 2012-05-11, 05:00   Link #30770
Eratas123

He doesn't even need an IS. He gets smacked by IS attacks even when out of the suit, and he ends up fine.
Old 2012-05-11, 05:04   Link #30771
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So what does Ichika's aptitude as a protag connect to IS superiority?
Old 2012-05-11, 05:11   Link #30772
Eratas123

I'm using him as an example. The reason the IS are superior isn't because they're completely unbeatable, it's because no one's going to even try to fight them. Place IS in the Gundam world and the Unbeatable machine" label's gonna disappear faster than you can say *Insert corny word here.*. In their world, they're unbeatable. In somewhere like Gundam and Index, they'd be elite mooks, but mooks nonetheless.
Old 2012-05-11, 06:53   Link #30773
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

What he said

That's why Vic Viper/Lord British team laughs at the bitchy attitude of Cecilia (pre-development mind you), true, I.S. was godly powerful, but with Sonic Diver as reference, the military in AU knew how to counter I.S. efficiently. As in, not wasting too much military hardware and manpower in process.

Wartime industry is really scary.
Old 2012-05-11, 07:07   Link #30774
demino_hellsin
That one guy

and then anti-IS sentiment by writers is bashed... it's a cycle.

If you hate bad writing then just spit it out.
Old 2012-05-11, 07:11   Link #30775
Eratas123

I don't really think I've seen IS fics like that bashed. THe only fic bashed from what I've seen are the "Male IS pilot fics". Never have I seen "IS can't be beaten!" as a complaint.
Old 2012-05-11, 07:14   Link #30776
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
I don't really think I've seen IS fics like that bashed. THe only fic bashed from what I've seen are the "Male IS pilot fics". Never have I seen "IS can't be beaten!" as a complaint.
I've been holding back on complaining about that since forever.
Old 2012-05-11, 07:17   Link #30777
Eratas123

Then it's a good thing you don't read Shadow, cause you'd be complaining with the chapters I'm about to release
Old 2012-05-11, 07:19   Link #30778
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
I got a better idea.

Tsurugi is walking down the street humming and skipping until suddenly Detective-san jumps out of an alley and kidnaps her. Detective-san sends a note to Inami saying that Tsurugi is now his so don't bother looking for them in XXX XXXXXX XX XXXX XX. Inami rushes over to that exact location only to discover that it was trap set by Detective-san. He traps Inami and forcibly removes him from his armor, then he fires his special ray-gun which turns anyone into a girl. Inami is now a girl and Detective-san makes him/her do yuri with Tsurugi while Detective-san watches while stroking a light-brown cat.

There's more to this but I feel like this is enough for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Inami comes imto contact with a drone transporting a genuine IS core that was "liberated" by some unsavory individuals. Inami decides to add an additional objective of core retrieval. The core ends up being passed around between people into a practically forsaken city.

Inami braves through it and realizes that even non-soldiers, mobsters or even mob criminals are willinh to go through great lemgths or a quick million using the IS core. More so when he is attacked by a street urchin with only a glass shard clutched tightly in a bleeding hand.

Inami had asked the child if the child knew what the core was. The child answers that he has no idea, just that it has something to do with IS and that means money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Inami is not a nihilist, he is not going to channel Nietzsche and "Oh I.S. corrupt everyone, lets just destroy it".

And as Stratos said, the reason has to be personal.... hmmm... need to think something. Probably "Tsurugi as victim idea" work in another scenario, but that would be a badass decay if done wrong.
'Preciate the inputs, guys

@Box

Nay~! D:

...Unless it's in the world of To Love-Ru.

@Demi

Sounds pretty extensive. But then again, as Zero mentioned. It needs to be a personal level... Though it doesn't always have to involve any of his haremettes being the victim, their skills are pretty much on par with his.
Old 2012-05-11, 07:21   Link #30779
Eratas123

@ Stratos - What do you need help with?
Old 2012-05-11, 07:22   Link #30780
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@stratos: I contemplated him having another friend. Undergoing a special process to be able to pilot an IS... He was not informed side-effects would include being partially cybernetic and having both gender qualities as consequences of the multiple experiments forcibly done on him. Now he allies himself with PT or some terrorist organization to claim revenge and he's trying to make Inami see his way.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest