Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-05-23, 04:37   Link #921
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by calubin_175 View Post
1/144 Phase 3 announced
- ...Today must be the day God decided: "Hey, let's make Wavehawk's life worse than it already is." Apart from having: Back-to-back customer complaints from Monday up until I logged off work 30 minutes ago and Finding out they're re-making the movie Highlander with RYAN REYNOLDS of all people...

...yeah. Being double-trolled with by a 1/144 Phase 3 and a 1/144 Berkut was...to be expected. Just...to be expected.

What next, a 1/144 Susanoo? DON'T YOU DARE ANSWER THAT, KOOKI!!!
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 04:51   Link #922
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Whats there to be surprised about? It was a given that the Phase 3 would appear since the originals are in Kits. They only have to add two fins... Wouldn't be surprised if they also have the Phase 3 Yuuya and the Phase 3 Yui versions as well...

And there is an 1/3000 scale Susanoo...

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 04:53   Link #923
calubin_175

Sorry, 1/144 Phase 3 is not announced yet, it was just the lineart popping up beside an article for the game on Hobby Japan. It is inevitable anyway though.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 05:38   Link #924
nexcal

What's a Phase 3? I'm not familiar with the Muv-luv universe besides Alternative and TE.

Last edited by nexcal; 2013-05-23 at 06:15.
nexcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 06:04   Link #925
Freedomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexcal View Post
What's a Phase 3? I'm not familiar with the Muv-luv universe besides Unlimited and TE.
Shiranui Phase 3. New mecha from VN Total Eclipse:

http://s019.radikal.ru/i618/1305/0e/1f7005811012.png
http://i078.radikal.ru/1305/a0/42175b77aa76.jpg
http://s017.radikal.ru/i401/1305/e1/b031586776d9.png
Freedomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 07:07   Link #926
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

I just cannot forget this article whenever I think of the Phase 3...

In the middle of December 2010, a Japanese TV news reported that a standing robot statue looking alike Gundam was revealed in Floraland (国色天乡乐园) in Sichuan, China. The news report pointed to the statue’s resemblance to the Japanese Gundam model:

“Clearly, this is a rip-off of Gundam. But it is made by wire and nylon cloth, it is low-quality. And the robot is credited as Gundam on Floraland’s official web site.”

In this same report, Floraland official responded with the following statement:

“This robot is completely our designer’s original. We had never thought that this robot look alike something. We don’t know what Gundam is. But, as we was pointed out that, we are fixing it up now.”

This news was subsequently reported by English online news sites such as Kotaku.[2] The news made headlines across Japanese online communities and many began referring to the Floraland robot as “中華ガンダム” (Chinese Gundam), “チャイダム” (Chi-dam) or “偽ガンダム” (Nise Gundam, lit. Fake Gundam), mocking the display as a low-quality imitation of the 18-meters tall Gundam replica statue previously installed in Odaiba district of Tokyo in July 2009

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2013-05-23, 12:24   Link #927
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomer View Post
Muv-Luv Alternative Chronicles 04 on AmiAmi.

Also, painted Meiya:

No special edition? What the. I want my special editions!

On another note,

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 15:38   Link #928
Freedomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by issuzark View Post
It IS special edition. First Press Limited Edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
This robot is completely our designer’s original. We had never thought that this robot look alike something. We don’t know what Gundam is.
Oh yeah, true story!
Old 2013-05-23, 19:20   Link #929
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomer View Post
It IS special edition. First Press Limited Edition.
Oh okay. Thanks for the clarification.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-05-23, 22:55   Link #930
nexcal

So the Phase 3 is basically a modified YF-23?
nexcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 00:03   Link #931
Freedomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexcal View Post
So the Phase 3 is basically a modified YF-23?
In fact, this is Shiranui Second + techlogies borrowed from YF-23. Modified Phase 2, which looks like YF-23.
Old 2013-05-24, 13:12   Link #932
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
On another note,

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Thanks for the scan.

Old 2013-05-24, 17:06   Link #933
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
“This robot is completely our designer’s original. We had never thought that this robot look alike something.
- Replace "Robot" with...well, any product made outside of China. And there you have the entire East Asia market in a nutshell...hey, we should use a joke like this in a fanfiction, with Russians and Americans accusing China of ripping off TSF designs. Oh, that'd be so politically incorrect...and downright hilarious.

Quote:

On another note,
- Dang, Yuzuka looks good with a tan...

Last edited by wavehawk; 2013-05-24 at 17:49.
Old 2013-05-24, 18:07   Link #934
calubin_175

It has been reported that the Phase 3 is the Shiranui frame with YF-23 armor slapped on. It goes to show that TSF anatomy is universal but frames may come in different sizes.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 18:29   Link #935
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Wait, then that means all of the stealth tech and advanced systems on the F-22 are solely on the armor you slap onto the frame?
Old 2013-05-24, 21:20   Link #936
sasahar17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Wait, then that means all of the stealth tech and advanced systems on the F-22 are solely on the armor you slap onto the frame?
That can't be right. I can't remember the exact source, but I remember an Air Force guy saying that stealth is ~90% shape and ~10% materials. Then again, this IS a giant robot and not a stealth bomber...
sasahar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 23:11   Link #937
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasahar17 View Post
That can't be right. I can't remember the exact source, but I remember an Air Force guy saying that stealth is ~90% shape and ~10% materials. Then again, this IS a giant robot and not a stealth bomber...
I'd imagine that the shape is solely defined by the outer armor and not the insides. Then again I may be very wrong.

No problem guys. I actually love that tanned Yuzuka too.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-05-24, 23:22   Link #938
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Ok, here is an very simiplified explanation on how stealth works in the airforce.

First, the detection system. In the air, this is called Radar, which is the emission and detection of the return of microwave frequencies bounching back from an object. Basically they blast waves and see what comes back.

Next, the stealth system, which is to minimize or eliminate the return of these waves from an object. This comes in two types, passive stealth, and active stealth.

Passive stealth is the action of stealth without having to do anything extra. Its inherent in the design. Physics 101 shows that angles play a part in how things bounce off them, so that's where shape comes into play. Some shapes are stealthier than others. Then there's materials, which can absorb these waves as well. like how cork can absorb sound, and rubber absorbs impacts. Thus stealth needs special materials.

Active stealth is the deliberate use of stealth, and can be anything from Jamming the waves, using multiple frequencies so that the detectors cannot read you. And then there is Active camouflage, which is the bending or blurring of the shape through the visible spectrum. Think invisible cloak.

The issue with active stealth is that it is really loud, and lets the opponent know that something is there to be loud, even if they cannot tell what it is. Even active camouflage takes a large amount of energy, which limits its use and makes it detectable by other means. Passive stealth on the other hand is difficult to detect, since nothing is emitted. It just shows a blank space. Both uses are valuable, if used in the correct situations.

In terms of giant mech though, just changing the shape has its limitations, since its of a general humanoid form. Materials would have to play a bigger part. Even then, the sound of its passage would still give it away, both in the air and on the ground. Unless they have those weight absorber things that go puni puni...

Old 2013-05-25, 04:10   Link #939
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Most of TSFs frame (or a skeleton, if you will), follows pretty much the same scheme as the original Phantom. The difference seems to be mostly in what you actually put into that shell, as well as what kind of materials you use for the armor.

Raptor's stealth is probably a combination of it's profiling, materials (including that cobalt paint), and its advanced electronics. I remember that irl the radar used by F-22 could actually scramble radars of other aircraft; I don't see while mecha!F-22 wouldn't be able to do that.

And tan Yuzuka is a different type of sexy. Me likes.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 04:31   Link #940
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth
I remember that irl the radar used by F-22 could actually scramble radars of other aircraft; I don't see while mecha!F-22 wouldn't be able to do that.
- You're talking about AESA radar. If I'm not mistaken, later-gen Super Hornets and the F-35 will have AESA radars as well, Raptor won't be alone in that ability. So likewise, I think the same holds true for TSFs.

Quote:
And tan Yuzuka is a different type of sexy. Me likes.
Quote:
No problem guys. I actually love that tanned Yuzuka too.
- Man, you guys would love Yuzuka if she were wearing nothing other than whipped cream and cherries...uhhh, actually, hold that thought.