Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-19, 01:55   Link #1121
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
To be perfectly I honest, I thought they would pull and an Illidan with Revan as in a character that would receive a dedicated expansion with quests/instances, etc to fulfill plot points. Sadly...they needed a boss that fulfilled a pants loot quota.
and he hadn't changed them in 300 year too.
Old 2012-01-19, 01:56   Link #1122
Nixl

Because it had the SMELL of the force to it, hence it gave +5 will and +5 Bachelor stats to it.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 02:02   Link #1123
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Because it had the SMELL of the force to it, hence it gave +5 will and +5 Bachelor stats to it.
Only +5... mine do more without a smell. Might as well auction it off as soon as possible. At least one Revanite is sure to over pay for it.
Old 2012-01-19, 02:05   Link #1124
Nixl

Bioware: "Okay, emergency meeting, how do we put more pants into this game?"
Dev 1: "Why don't we put in more quest rewards or random drops."
Bioware: "That is the worse idea that I've heard since someone suggested making Kotor 3."
Dev 2: "How about we kill off a lore character and have them drop pants?"
Bioware: !@#$ing Geniussssssss

Score
Old 2012-01-19, 02:21   Link #1125
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Dev 1: How about we kill off Revan for that loot and kill off HK for an off hand gear
Bioware: Off hand? and wasn't HK-47 in SW:Galaxies
Dev 1: Yeah like enchanted rings, but not... we'll say HK can be rebuilt and by whom/when doesn't matter
Bioware: What if that character uses a two handed weapon?
Dev 1: who care?
Bioware: OMFG! Give this guy a !@#$ing needless $100 million dollar raise and blow through our budget for no apparent reason!
Dev 2: I recommend we all get pay raises like that and as such have to launch the game sooner than ready since we watsed all the money...
Bioware: Early Release! Brilliant! We'll cash in sooner! Oh, man WoW is so dead!
Dev 3: Wasn't that inevitable with Diablo 3?
Bioware: first off, it's not a WoW copy so it isn't a MMORPG and next... Independent thought? That's one less raise, so more to divide up among the rest of us! Get his ass out of here.
Dev 1 & 2: SCORE
Bioware: Any chance you all could write some books too?
Dev 1: >=D
Bioware: oh yeah, we need space combat
Dev 2: oh don't worry we'll just make it a mini game. Set on rails... cheaper that way.
Old 2012-01-19, 02:32   Link #1126
Nixl

Dev 1: Guys...we've run out of money for hookers, cocaine, and Ewok replicas...what are we going to do!?!?!!
Bioware: I got an idea, how about we sell "founder" titles and medals to players.
Dev 1: Brilliant! They'll eat that right up. "

And that just happened...
http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120118-0

Score
Old 2012-01-19, 02:39   Link #1127
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Dev 1: Guys...we've run out of money for hookers, cocaine, and Ewok replicas...what are we going to do!?!?!!
Bioware: I got an idea, how about we sell "founder" titles to players.
Dev 1: Brilliant! They'll eat that right up.

And that just happened...
http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120118-0

So I can admit publicly I wasted my money then and still give it to talentless hacks only taking my money and giving me nothing back in return? BRILLIANT!

I'm sure they'll fix Ilum later... maybe I can get some more "free" rewards though first if I only continue to subscribe.

(reading the people who supported that on the link was just too funny )
Old 2012-01-19, 02:47   Link #1128
Nixl

[QUOTE=Ryus;3956307]
I'm sure they'll fix Ilum later... /QUOTE]

Don't worry, Bioware has more than enough time before the official forums can give feedback on Ilum.

With the random removal of the unsubscribe option, just this once Bioware may take payment in kisses.

Score

Last edited by Nixl; 2012-01-19 at 03:14.
Old 2012-01-19, 02:57   Link #1129
Ryus
The One Eyed King

I'm so glad I never gave them my credit card and got prepayed cards for Christmas. I can just let time run out with no worries.
Old 2012-01-19, 03:01   Link #1130
Nixl

Someone make the pain go away,
Old 2012-01-19, 04:28   Link #1131
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

*scratches head* seems like this thread became a chatroom for the two of you.

EDIT: And wow, 1.1 really made the ability delay for some people worse. O_o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqR7G8iM3R4

Last edited by Kyral; 2012-01-19 at 05:04.
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 05:21   Link #1132
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I am so glad I cancelled before today.

Now I'll just resub in March and fwing, FOUNDER.
Old 2012-01-19, 05:41   Link #1133
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Now I'll just resub in March and fwing, FOUNDER.
Woa that's low xD
I'll just stick with and see how it does while playing, lucky for me I don't to PVP and I level very slow so most of the time I don't encounter any bugs.

Only ability delay I had so far was 2 times in a row and not so extreme like in the video (and it only seem to be with melee attacks, so I think the matched animations might be at fault.)
Old 2012-01-19, 06:09   Link #1134
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I got an email for the Founder offer too, but too bad because they won't let me access the game from this damned country.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 08:11   Link #1135
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

you two take your hate too Profile messages, don't flood this topic with it, if you don't like the game, stop playing and complain about how "Bad" it is in PM's or what ever. Not here.

People claim they could have done it better, when in REALITY, no.. they can't.. not by a long shot.

I'm not saying the bad things about it aren't true. But its decent enough for me to play through some of the class stories and then quit. Maybe they'll release big updates that make the game a whole lot better.. who knows.

Until then I await for the failure of future MMO's and the Expansion that will kill WoW from the inside.
Old 2012-01-19, 09:00   Link #1136
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
The everyday life of a Republic trooper....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...0kDP_Cexo#t=9s
Ahh, this brings back memories of taking over Crossroads in WoW. Poor hordies couldn't quest for hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Presuming the existence of such an incident requiring extensive reconstruction, I put forward the idea Bioware could have taken a page from Silicon Knights' playbook, with specific reference to Too Human, wherein each choice (human or cybernetic) comes with its own set of perks and tradeoffs.
Dunno, Bioware seems to avoid racial differences entirely so I doubt perks and tradeoffs would make it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I'm surprised people still use recurring subscriptions after the PSN debacle (game-time cards, yo!), but what the hell is going on there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Woa that's low xD
I'll just stick with and see how it does while playing, lucky for me I don't to PVP and I level very slow so most of the time I don't encounter any bugs.
Currently a tad too busy to play seriously (deadlines, deadlines, deadlines and a whole slew of other games too) but I'm still having fun. Don't see many of the things people are complaining about, and bugs are few and far in between.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 09:02   Link #1137
Nixl

Just woke up, did not realize how much Ryus and I wrote. What a night.

As to any party offended, you have my apologies. Though the posts were made in complete sarcasm, I can see how it would appear hate mongering. Hard to explain, maybe it is a Claymore subforum thing in which anything goes. Having spent more time on other subforums, we do seem to troll each other more often on the Claymore subforum from time to time.

Overal, I mean, who wouldn't spend at least part of their budget on hookers, cocaine, and Ewok replicas? Who wouldn't....

Edit: @Keroko, meant to ask what class did you pick?
Old 2012-01-19, 09:15   Link #1138
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Itt is lame he drops pants, but look at what arthas dropped =/

So are you guys still playing? Or do you actually think it sucks.

I'm fine with revan. Being beaten so easily, but it shoulda been a little more drawn out. Doesn't need to be a raid, he is weakened and not someone like deathwing whho needs a raid to kill.
Old 2012-01-19, 09:25   Link #1139
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Itt is lame he drops pants, but look at what arthas dropped =/

So are you guys still playing? Or do you actually think it sucks.
I forget what Arthas drops, Ryus and I are probably raging still from what they did with Revan and the Exile both in game and....that book, that god damn book.

Ryus logs on once a week still, I couldn't buy TOR due to internet/PC issues and beta kind of killed it for me. Was not my cup of tea to say the least. I still enjoy observing TOR's community, but like all internet forums there also a cage for the insane as you can see in the pictures above.

I may not like TOR, but I do like watching its community. I have 2 big issues with TOR exuding story/writing gripes since that it subjective. (1) I think the HeroEngine was a mistake. It is poorly optimized and I currently believe it is the reason behind many of Bioware's design choices, just to make room for it. (2) I honestly do not think Bioware knows what it wants TOR to be just yet. This may sound critical but I do not think TOR truly excelled at any aspect due to bugs, poor implementation of certain features, and generally some areas/features being virtually untested (looking at you EV). Take the class system, it is heavily mirrored down to the talents and abilities, yet for some reason Bioware gave Imperials superior versions of spells. The mirroring was made for the sake of PVP balance and yet they still did not have PVP balance. To me those decisions are an oversight just like 1.1 Ilum. Once Bioware has focus I think its design shall change for the better.

Those things *can* be fixed, but where I draw concern Kyero Fox is that Bioware's response seems to indicate they took the wrong lesson. Take the 1.1 Ilum issue yesterday. It took them over 4 hours just to make a statement and when they did issue a statement it was to the effect of calling it a "potential" problem despite widespread abuse. It was another 4 hours just to get a more elaborate response in which they state "we'll fix it eventually," but in essence they did nothing. One designer literally just told people not to play in Ilum at all and did not admit there had been a mistake. They had options, but they chose to take their time. Worse of all is that apparently people in the public test forum were calling this disaster, but were ignored. To me that is bothersome, TOR *could* be a good game, but I am worried Bioware is not listening. For any game/genre that seems like a warning sign.

To me 1.1 is a potential warning sign Kyero Fox. That is in essence what I took from yesterday. I could 100% wrong and to a degree I hope I am, otherwise a lot Star Wars fans got played.

Last edited by Nixl; 2012-01-19 at 09:37.
Old 2012-01-19, 09:46   Link #1140
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'm just waiting for balance fixes, and controlling my gameplay time. Wow takes priority simply because I've been playing it longer, have so much going for me, AND unlike them hater-players I do like the game.

I'd be back in SWTOR for good once it matures.

Tags
bioware, lucasarts, mmorpg, star wars, windows