AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-05-27, 08:30   Link #31481
greedyspectator

@Demi:
Actually, my point is that the depiction of particle accelerators (sniper rifles used by IS) in IS verse is relatively accurate. The sniper rifles have short range (400m), blooming color (although relatively inaccurate) and the physics done (somewhat) correctly. The reason that Cecilla can't seem to fire from more than 400m is probably because actual physics were used to determine the range of her weapon.

Emphasis of probably.

@Zero:
The thing about plasma weapons is here: http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/spa...Plasma_Weapons
Old 2012-05-27, 08:45   Link #31482
Eratas123

How about the first day of school?
Old 2012-05-27, 08:50   Link #31483
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyspectator View Post
@Zero:
The thing about plasma weapons is here: http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/spa...Plasma_Weapons
I think I just found my new favourite website.
Old 2012-05-27, 08:54   Link #31484
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Greedy
Thanks

I however doubt that 400m is her highest range, she was referred as sniper after all... unless it's Izuru that underestimate the range like people from Battletech

EDIT: Just think a little evil idea... how small you can make casaba howitzer? as in actual size and yield?

@ Eras
Exactly

However, I can't think any after the opening ceremony.

Well, more like having too many to put properly, such as Ichika met Dan or how Rito has "Love on the first sight" on Haruna and... you get the idea. My head hurts, I need someone to help sorting them out and Tri is not available
Old 2012-05-27, 09:03   Link #31485
Eratas123

Not love at first sight. How about Rito and Sairenji get paired up as lab partners or something and he starts falling for her?
Old 2012-05-27, 09:09   Link #31486
greedyspectator

@Zero:
Casaba Howitzer? That small directed nuclear flame of death?
Theoretically, as long as you have a heat sink capable of taking in the excess heat and a strong enough container, you can make it as small as you want. The yield, however, is rather tricky, but perhaps the smallest Casaba Howitzer can reach about 44tons of TNT (roughly the power of a small tactical nuclear weapon). Anything less is difficult and counterproductive.
Old 2012-05-27, 09:16   Link #31487
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ greedy
Is it possible to use pure fusion warhead rather than W44 'portable' fission bomb? I admit this is beyond my scope of knowledge so I need some help.

@ Eras
Noted, will try to put that on the sheet.
Old 2012-05-27, 09:29   Link #31488
Eratas123

Try squeezing in Ran She likes Rito here, right?
Old 2012-05-27, 09:34   Link #31489
greedyspectator

@Zero
Pure fusion is difficult. Monstrously difficult. Most fusion bombs use fission as a source of energy to create fusion, like for example the three stage tsar bomba bomb which uses Fission to create Fusion to create another fusion. A pure fusion bomb would require fusing the hydrogen used without a primary fission reaction. This can be done in two ways, either by using Antimatter as a catalyst or using Induced Gamma Emission. However, since induced Gamma Emission is still at it's infancy, using Antimatter as a catalyst is the more realistic option, although in IS Verse this may not be a problem due to advanced tech. I am currently unable to comment on the IGE side (since I have no idea how it's supposed to work), but on the Antimatter Catalyst option I can comment on. The energy created by an Antimatter-matter reaction can be used to power a secondary fusion reaction (and would be much more efficient and cost effective than an Antimatter only reaction or a Fission-Fusion reaction). This would be done by injecting the antimatter couple of the fusion matter, for example, injecting hydrogen fuel used for fusion anti-hydrogens. NASA has wrote a paper about this: www.engr.psu.edu/antimatter/Papers/NASA_anti.pdf
Old 2012-05-27, 09:40   Link #31490
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Odd... I didn't crunch numbers but as far as I know, her rifle should be well between the 1 and 3 kilometer mark. Blooming just means the beam diffuses right?(or it expands?)

Was the banning of electric weapons tourney rules or alaska treaty?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 09:43   Link #31491
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Greedy
Exactly

This weapon was supposedly the most powerful weapon an I.S. would mount (seconded by HELIX warhead, which is based on thermobaric weapon). The catch? it's so hard to make that even the most advanced I.S. can only create a single warhead per session. Casaba or not.

And yes, this weapon is not for tourney use, it's strictly for space defense and anti-warship application (since aliens are far outstrip earth military in terms of technology gap, I.S. are Earth's main defense force)

If this bunny is too unrealistic however I'll be glad to kill it.

@ Eras
Damn near everyone is separated after kidnapping Incident. Which is only 3-5 months away form the start of the year.

Ichika join Houki and Kanzashi's training regiment, Rito went to German and become the founding member of Schwarzer Hase, Dan enlist as UN Cadet rep in this case, because in his own words "Japan doesn't need two male pilots" (Yes, United Nations has their own share of Military force, long story)

I can insert Ran before this timeline however, because the three guys were the local club helper, those that help the clubs with some... ahem, commission. (and yes, Ran also saw her brother as cool, just not in *that* way )

Ran's interest kind of died after Rito and Ichika left, which is somewhat realistic seeing it's just a small crush of 11 years old girl, her newfound interest came during non-canon Mondo Grosso Junior three years later.

@ Demi
Tourney rules.
Old 2012-05-27, 09:52   Link #31492
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Does Ichika not feel attracted to Laura at all?

Side note - Would a Window Washer fight be possible to do?
Old 2012-05-27, 09:56   Link #31493
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

In canon? he think she's cute. Sexual attraction? Barely. Romantic? Nope.

Window washer... wait what?
Old 2012-05-27, 09:59   Link #31494
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Support unit in what way?
Currently Electronic Warfare (Stalling/destroy electronic devices) and Engineer (Bomb setting) machine

Later:
Medic (utilizing the same Nanomachines used by Laura)

Mechanic(IS repair... due to its ability to stall IS process and repair the damage part)

Engineer (other aspect)

Personnel Denial weapon.

===

Edit:
Suggestion to Zero: There is so many
Logistic (extra ammo/energy), Chemical, Bio-weapon and radiation, support fire(arty), signaler, medic, mechanics, engineer (bridging, mine-placing/removing)
Old 2012-05-27, 09:59   Link #31495
Eratas123

Ah shit, I meant Rito, not Ichika.

Side note - I meant would a fight scene on one of those window washer thing she possible? I wanted to do a high fall fight.
Old 2012-05-27, 10:06   Link #31496
agetreme
Just another Idiot

@Zero: Or you might want to try some Support unit from Blue Blaster

Stealth
Barrier/tank
Electronic Counter Measure,
Electronic-Counter-Counter Measure,
Recon
Hit-and-run (high Mobility)
Old 2012-05-27, 10:10   Link #31497
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
Well, he did. Though originally he dismiss it as brotherly feeling. When Laura is sane (that is, not murderously angry or cocky) she act and look more like someone from Mikan's age bracket.

Since Lala went for Ichika instead of him, the slot for 'exotic' girlfriend is empty, and I was conflicted whether to have Cecilia or Laura to fill it.

Note - Lol that would be awesome fight, but too little chance of coming out alive when you fall. (unless there's convenient buffer below)

@ Age
Thanks for the idea, all of them seem useful and practical to put in story.
Old 2012-05-27, 10:14   Link #31498
Eratas123

Cecilia again? Why does Cecilia get te most feelings switch?

Side note - That's the point A PT pilot versus a normal when her IS was temporarily disabled.
Old 2012-05-27, 10:21   Link #31499
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, throw the dog a bone?

She was all but sidelined in canon right?

Cecilia get her spotlight in ST.... as a butt monkey of sort, with clearly no chance of winning Ichika ever and constantly out of placed. Rin's plot at least never so much emphasized until she was rejected, which start V5 plot.
Old 2012-05-27, 10:24   Link #31500
demino_hellsin
That one guy

If a scholar writes a paper(thesis) on a topic and asks a higher authority to check it. Would it automatically be published if it was correct?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest