AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-26, 07:00   Link #21
Dr. Casey

Don't think so. According to madragon's anime countdown, it's still about five hours away.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 10:20   Link #22
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
2 hrs and 10 min until premiere on CR ~degeso
Old 2011-09-26, 13:02   Link #23
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Episode one was great degeso. My favorite segment was Ika vs Jellyfish Sunae getting jealous of Ika's friends was great, and Ika getting put in her place by Shizuru once again
Old 2011-09-26, 15:18   Link #24
Midonin
Last Engage

Ika Musume With A Question Mark 01 - Jellyfishing, Jellyfishing, Cheating!

The show seems to have taken a boost in the visuals department upon returning. Things look more vibrant, more fluid, and the soundscape is a little different too. The OP and ED songs are both great. Again, at least one member of Sphere usually participates in a show when they have a theme song tied up. I'm waiting for Toyosaki/Tomatsu/Takagaki/Kotobuki's guest appearance in this season. There are plenty of chances for it.

The first sketch was mostly reintroducing the characters. Everyone feels in top form too. As for the second one, the melancholy that is Sanae's existence continues. It also proves that Ika might be a tsundere. (Squidere?) And for the third, you can always count on Chizuru to make a game exciting. Harris. Clark and Martin's idea was both genius and stupid, a great punchline.

Ideally, a second season should be as if the first season never left. Ika passes that mark with flying colors! (~de geso)
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 16:33   Link #25
DarkLordOfkichiku

Chizuru ensures that the status quo remains! . Poor Ika Musume, her invasion's never going to succeed as long as Chizuru is close by... but then again, as Eiko pointed out, Ika's fairy happy with the status quo too, even if she complains about it . Not that she'd ever admit that . And trust those three idiots to make matters worse
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 16:37   Link #26
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Liked the premiere, though it didn't quite feel like it was firing on all cylinders like most of S1. Timing seemed slightly off, and it was a bit too cuddly at times. Still good, and first eps of sequels can sometimes be tough.

Is Ika developing a bit of a tsundere crush on Goro?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 16:47   Link #27
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

I miss the original opening and ending, they go with a new but anonymous and weak one that i skipped with nonchalance. >_<

Where is the octopus girl we meet at the end of the first season? Hope they introduce her as a main character too before the end of this season. The more characters the better. <3
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 18:01   Link #28
Kyouka
Is Here

kinda mad no ultraprism
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 18:11   Link #29
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Ika Musume With A Question Mark 01 - Jellyfishing, Jellyfishing, Cheating!

The show seems to have taken a boost in the visuals department upon returning. Things look more vibrant, more fluid, and the soundscape is a little different too. The OP and ED songs are both great. Again, at least one member of Sphere usually participates in a show when they have a theme song tied up. I'm waiting for Toyosaki/Tomatsu/Takagaki/Kotobuki's guest appearance in this season. There are plenty of chances for it.

The first sketch was mostly reintroducing the characters. Everyone feels in top form too. As for the second one, the melancholy that is Sanae's existence continues. It also proves that Ika might be a tsundere. (Squidere?) And for the third, you can always count on Chizuru to make a game exciting. Harris. Clark and Martin's idea was both genius and stupid, a great punchline.

Ideally, a second season should be as if the first season never left. Ika passes that mark with flying colors! (~de geso)
I liked the first season but was going to pass on this... but "Things look more vibrant, more fluid, and the soundscape is a little different too." has me putting it on the queue to look at.
Old 2011-09-26, 19:32   Link #30
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Welcome back you ever adorable little squid girl you~

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 19:38   Link #31
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I cheated and went straight into the Second Season without finishing the first; because of that I have no squidding idea who Kiyomi is.

*Welp, no talking about subbing groups on Crunchyroll-tagged threads.*
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 19:39   Link #32
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I cheated and went straight into the Second Season without finishing the first; because of that I have no squidding idea who Kiyomi is.

By the way, which group is subbing the episode using "very unusual" terms for Ika-Musume's speech pattern?
I have to say, a group I won't be using next week. Those annoyed the hell out of me - they were kinda horrible.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 20:23   Link #33
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

SHINRYAKU-shinryaku-shinryaku- IKA-MUSUME is back, but no more shinryaku shinryaku shinryaku op to go with it.
Old 2011-09-26, 21:13   Link #34
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

What your rating for the first season (?/10)?

I was adding Squid Girl 2nd season to my MAL list, when I notice a review has been made for the first episode of this season, the person went ahead and give it a 10/10, which is pretty peeving.

@episode 1.

Sanae was so flat for high school girl, compared to the middle school girls. The 3rd part, Sanae boobs exploded without a shirt on!

Also liking the random Squidness.
Old 2011-09-26, 22:21   Link #35
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I love seeing Ika Musume back. Kind of more thoughtful this episode, but it's probably to remind us why we love Ika-chan.

Spoiler for wordy:

**For any one curious, the second and third part were 134 and 135 from the manga.

And... this episode felt much nicer to me after I rewatched the last episode from the first season.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 22:39   Link #36
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 22:56   Link #37
chibi211820

the first season was really good but in this second one they changed it all to ika saying ''squidly'' and ''ink'' and ''squiddy'' a lot and everyone calling her ''squid girlie instead of ''ika'' thats really annoyed me
chibi211820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 22:56   Link #38
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Great to have Ika back. Best part was having to face Chizuru when she's angry.
Old 2011-09-26, 22:58   Link #39
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibi211820 View Post
the first season was really good but in this second one they changed it all to ika saying ''squidly'' and ''ink'' and ''squiddy'' a lot and everyone calling her ''squid girlie instead of ''ika'' thats really annoyed me
No, she did that in the first season too. I watched the CR subs for the first season from start to finish (it supports the industry, after all), and that's their translation style. The only difference is that now, there's not a five or six day delay between their airing of an episode and its initial airing day. It's a translation style that might not appeal to everyone, but it is being done in an attempt to keep the same punniness as the Japanese version.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 22:59   Link #40
Kagayaki

The Sanae/Kiyomi/Ika scene and the jellyfish replicator gag were the best parts of the episode for me Other than that, it was Ika failing to invade anything, which is fun but not the strongest part of the series IMO, although I guess it was a good reintroduction to all the characters.

Tags
comedy, slice of life