AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-05, 14:24   Link #81
Sunder the Gold

Aqua Current is officially categorized as "Black". The idea being that Black is "colorless", being outside the chromatic color wheel (which would make White "all-colors-at-once"). Since Current's avatar is transparent, it is colorless.

Aqua Current and Black Vise have the most unusual body-types seen thus far, such that Black Lotus seems the odd-one-out among the Black avatars.

Theories about fear are not only groundless (given that different people fear things with different priorities; there's no objective standard for fear) but better off in the Theories and Speculation threads than the Question-and-Answer thread.

Besides which, my own theories about what Black signifies (along with all the other colors) can also be found in the Speculation and Theories threads. I've posted my thoughts in practically all such threads, by now.
Old 2013-01-05, 20:57   Link #82
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Speculation isn't allowed in this thread, but you can provide a number of facts that help support a theory for the asker to make up his own mind. I'll post my reply to you in the Speculation thread since this is turning into a discussion.
Old 2013-01-13, 09:31   Link #83
Zentank

I've been lurking around threads and forum for quite a while. After re-reading the novel thread from pg 1 again I'd like to ask novel readers some question.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-01-19, 13:08   Link #84
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Can I post a link to a forum I created at fanfiction.net in the Fanfiction thread?
Old 2013-01-20, 04:48   Link #85
Kudryavka

Spoiler for .:
Old 2013-01-20, 20:46   Link #86
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
Spoiler for .:
The question doesn't sound like question at all. The rumor is too obvious.

I think you are talking about another anime. It would be more interesting to learn the source of your information.

By the way, Kawahara will attend Sakura-Con. He has another work. It is not animated yet. That work is not from the days of his old pen name.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2013-01-21, 04:05   Link #87
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
The question doesn't sound like question at all. The rumor is too obvious.

I think you are talking about another anime. It would be more interesting to learn the source of your information.

By the way, Kawahara will attend Sakura-Con. He has another work. It is not animated yet. That work is not from the days of his old pen name.
Yea I was asking a question. I heard black snow princess and the chuby boy had a child and she was in sword art onlin. If thats wrong then im sorry, but yes or no?
Old 2013-01-21, 04:24   Link #88
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

No, you are absolutely completely off. Wherever you got that information from, I would suggest never getting any information from there ever again.

Sword Art Online takes place in 2022. Accel World takes place in 2046.
Old 2013-01-21, 04:52   Link #89
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Duke View Post
No, you are absolutely completely off. Wherever you got that information from, I would suggest never getting any information from there ever again.

Sword Art Online takes place in 2022. Accel World takes place in 2046.
Ok, maybe it was the orange hair girl and the guy from sword art online had a kid and its either the fat boy or black snow princess. Thank yuou.

And wtf you're 9?? You have to be 13 to join.
Old 2013-01-21, 06:58   Link #90
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Quote:
Ok, maybe it was the orange hair girl and the guy from sword art online had a kid and its either the fat boy or black snow princess. Thank yuou.

And wtf you're 9?? You have to be 13 to join.
"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2013-01-21, 08:13   Link #91
Kudryavka

Quote:
"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln
How did he say that??? He died before computers. Or are you making more fun of me
Old 2013-01-21, 09:52   Link #92
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Exactly, you see, because you're reading it on the Internet. Anyway, to keep this on topic, Kuroyukihime has been speculated to be the child of Kirito and Asuna, but no confirmation has been provided by the author. Furthermore, he has said that SAO and AW takes place in different universes.
Old 2013-01-21, 17:29   Link #93
Kudryavka

Quote:
Exactly, you see, because you're reading it on the Internet. Anyway, to keep this on topic, Kuroyukihime has been speculated to be the child of Kirito and Asuna, but no confirmation has been provided by the author. Furthermore, he has said that SAO and AW takes place in different universes.
Yes, thats what i meant. Wish you didnt have to be mean though, I knew it was based in fact.
Old 2013-01-22, 23:08   Link #94
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Anyway, to keep this on topic, Kuroyukihime has been speculated to be the child of Kirito and Asuna, but no confirmation has been provided by the author. Furthermore, he has said that SAO and AW takes place in different universes.
With the revelation that White Cosmos is her evil manipulative sister and her parents taking the time and money to send a lawyer for her, I'm pretty sure that is Kirito and Asuna's perfect happy family.

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-01-23 at 11:23.
Old 2013-01-23, 01:32   Link #95
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusjecht View Post
With the revelation that White Cosmos is her evil manipulative sister and her parents taking the time and money to send a lawyer for her, I'm pretty sure that is Kirito and Asuna's perfext happy family.
lol I knew its possible.
Old 2013-01-23, 10:49   Link #96
Sunder the Gold

Any information on what Mirror Masker's "Theoretical Mirror" ability could do?

I've got an idea for a Black/Colorless avatar, and I wonder if Masker already embodied the concept.
Old 2013-01-23, 11:27   Link #97
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
lol I knew its possible.
Not sure if trolling or just....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Any information on what Mirror Masker's "Theoretical Mirror" ability could do?

I've got an idea for a Black/Colorless avatar, and I wonder if Masker already embodied the concept.
Theoretical Mirror reflects all light-based attacks. If BB accurately replicates real-world physics as well, then this would happen:

-Lasers get reflected

-Radiation is useless

-Microwaves beams (the one for cooking food) are useless

-But radio communication can't reach MM. Not that it's an attack, but it seems to obey.

And, considering that radiation pressure as proven by Einstein is still ridiculously minimal, even Metatron's laz0rs would be reflected with no trouble.

In theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Judging by the color wheel, White is 'The Mario' and Black is the 'Lethal Joke Character'.

Black Lotus is a poor example of what black avatars can normally do, since she's Level 9. We don't know what her avatar was like at Level 1.

I speculate that all of her stats were basically horrible, whereas all of the pure White King's stats would have been basically above-average. However, in return, Black Lotus had some weird advantage that the White King doesn't.

Dusk Taker is technically Purple, but he's very, very close to Black. His one special ability was to take the special abilities or tools of others. Maybe he could have developed other abilities, but I'm guessing he kept dumping points into Demonic Command, the same way Silver Crow seems to have done little besides upgrading his wings.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Black Lotus has the special ability to cut ANYTHING. She's relatively weak, slow and fragile, and she doesn't have good attack range, but if she cuts you, you bleed. (Metaphorically.)

So, she's rather like Tohno Shiki, from Tsukihime. A fragile squishy human (compared to monsters) with excellent skills and the power to stab anyone dead... if the attack manages to hit the right spot.

Orange Duke had the best answer here, and there is confirmation in the light novels too:

Quote:
On the other hand, Ash Roller’s «Ash», in the color circle, it is closer to blue than green. The low color saturation means its attacks are special type. It is hard to tell if the tires are weapons or not, but I am afraid its affinity is the close-range blunt attack type. That means your armor has almost no effect against Ash Roller’s charge. In that case, there is only one way against him in a head to head fight.
To add on to Duke's answer thus, saturation is an important factor as well.

Dusk is shown as very dark purple, so it's basically purple + black. His combat abilities should be ranged, but the low saturation means that he fights in a 'special' way by stealing body parts, moves, and armaments.

As for Black, it seems to run the whole gamut. I daresay Black is the colour of anything else, which explains at least why Vise and Lotus are so different. Graphite is very near black as well, if not already there; he and Lotus seem similar then, becasue Black avatars are everything else.

Ardor sits at the opposite end of the saturation scale: red + lots of white. So not only does she have longe-range toasting flames, she's a special avatar that can cleanse others with the flames.

This answers why Pard is a melee fighter too despite being blood-coloured; the low saturation of red mixed with black gives her avatar special attributes that don't manifest as long-range weaponry. Rather, I bet her avatar is made from an incident actually involving a leopard.

I'm going to consider this closed since the colour question now has an answer supported by LN information.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-01-24 at 04:41. Reason: merge double-post
Old 2013-01-23, 13:13   Link #98
Kudryavka

Quote:
Not sure if trolling or just....

I dont know much about either of these books, so sorry if I didnt get the joke?
Old 2013-01-23, 20:12   Link #99
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
With the revelation that White Cosmos is her evil manipulative sister and her parents taking the time and money to send a lawyer for her, I'm pretty sure that is Kirito and Asuna's perfect happy family.
Quote:
lol I knew its possible.

Quote:
I dont know much about either of these books, so sorry if I didnt get the joke?
Oh god man. Is English your second language or something? Learn what's called sarcasm.

To set the record straight, let's start off with bullet points:

Spoiler for v12 Novel Information + SAO:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-01-24 at 04:42.
Old 2013-01-25, 10:41   Link #100
Kudryavka

Quote:
Oh god man. Is English your second language or something? Learn what's called sarcasm.

To set the record straight, let's start off with bullet points:

Spoiler for v12 Novel Information + SAO:
Chill, man. I already said I dont know much about the serieses, so I dont know why you got all insulted. If I said something wrong, i thought itd go without saying im a noob and dont mean any harm, you cant cut some slack? And no, I cant see through sarcasm that uses a bunch of details that I, who isnt in the know, would not be familiar with, so I deeply apologize for failing you there, sensei. All I wanted to know is if what i heard was true because I thought itd be cool for an author to cross universes like that.

Anyway thank you for my answer.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a