AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-03-21, 19:59   Link #301
Shirozaki
白の魔法使い

Send a message via MSN to Shirozaki
Aren't they, like, in the game files?

AuraTwilight:
Congrats, you're a theatergoing witch.

You asshole.
Shirozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 20:00   Link #302
Chron

That is my point, from your perspective, musouka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirozaki View Post
Aren't they, like, in the game files?
You underestimate my computer illiteracy. Badly. Also I can't access my own computer at the moment so...no, I can't do it right now, at any rate.
Chron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 20:00   Link #303
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
I don't understand how you got from "writing a successful children's book series based on Mariage Sorciere and making some orphans happy" to "supporting a Beato cult".

Let me put it this way. How would you interpret that scene if I replaced Ange with J. K. Rowling and the Umineko cast with Harry Potter characters?
Maybe Ange is writing Haruhi or something? lol.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 20:02   Link #304
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chron View Post
I'm afraid I don't think you had one in the first place.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 20:04   Link #305
Chron

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
I'm afraid I don't think you had one in the first place.
No need to get so high strung, it's just the internet.
Old 2011-03-21, 20:05   Link #306
Shirozaki
白の魔法使い

Quote:

You underestimate my computer illiteracy. Badly. Also I can't access my own computer at the moment so...no, I can't do it right now, at any rate.

No, no. I mean, like, already ready to use in a folder in your game directory, conveniently named BGM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
Maybe Ange is writing Haruhi or something? lol.
That explains the Haruhi x Umineko Crossover I saw yesterday.

AuraTwilight:

You asshole.
Old 2011-03-21, 20:06   Link #307
Chron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirozaki View Post
No, no. I mean, like, already ready to use in a folder in your game directory, conveniently named BGM?
You mean the one on the computer I have no access to right now?

Quote:
That explains the Haruhi x Umineko Crossover I saw yesterday.
Where did you see this?
Old 2011-03-21, 20:08   Link #308
Shirozaki
白の魔法使い

Quote:
You mean the one on the computer I have no access to right now?

Where did you see this?
Psht, I ignored that on purpose.

It was either pixiv or some twitpic, my STM is horrible. Edit: I can't see it working for some reason though. (The crossover, I mean)

AuraTwilight:

You asshole.
Old 2011-03-21, 20:11   Link #309
Chron

Not to sound more morbid than usual, but sometimes trainwrecks are worth seeing purely on the merit of seeing how big the disaster is.

Man that's a dark way to put it.

But oh well, I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunities later to see it, I was able to track down the Milk Tea doujins, so I'll just take a stab at finding that one as well. Thanks.
Old 2012-01-10, 19:25   Link #310
Mormel

I really loved Umineko from start to end.
I watched the anime in one go and it was good, but it somehow felt so incomplete.
I read the books after that and even did enjoy the parts that I've already seen again.
I have a somewhat strange question. Is Umineko really that good or is it just that I haven't read something comperable? I haven't read much VNs apart from Umineko. I think it was 'Saya No Uta' and 'Chaos Head'. While those indeed have been enjoyable, Umineko has been on a whole different level for me.
I'm asking that because I'm about to get the PS3 versions of Umineko and haven't even got a PS3 yet. I just want to make sure that I don't miss out on similar good books, because I won't be able to buy something else then for a while...
Could you please tell me how Umineko was for you compared to other great books/Vns you have read?
Mormel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 22:52   Link #311
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
I watched the anime in one go and it was good, but it somehow felt so incomplete.
I read the books after that and even did enjoy the parts that I've already seen again.
I have a somewhat strange question. Is Umineko really that good or is it just that I haven't read something comperable? I haven't read much VNs apart from Umineko. I think it was 'Saya No Uta' and 'Chaos Head'. While those indeed have been enjoyable, Umineko has been on a whole different level for me.
I'm asking that because I'm about to get the PS3 versions of Umineko and haven't even got a PS3 yet. I just want to make sure that I don't miss out on similar good books, because I won't be able to buy something else then for a while...
Could you please tell me how Umineko was for you compared to other great books/Vns you have read?
I don't know if it will affect anything, but there is one visual novel that the author, Ryukishi07, claims to be a major inspiration for him: Clannad.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 23:44   Link #312
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
I don't know if it will affect anything, but there is one visual novel that the author, Ryukishi07, claims to be a major inspiration for him: Clannad.
To add on to what immblueversion has said, Rewrite is another Visual Novel made by the same company. Ryukishi himself helped write some parts of this one.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 06:51   Link #313
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Nope, it's not just you, Umineko really was THAT good. Personally, nothing else I have read blew my mind so much.
Clannad doesn't even compare. But if you really liked Umineko that much, I think you should really check out Higurashi (of the same author), if of course you haven't already.
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 16:03   Link #314
Mormel

Thank you for your answers.
I decided that I won't buy the PS3 version, since I think that it is awesome as it is.
For Higurashi, I've seen the anime for this, too, but it didn't give such an incomplete feeling as Umineko. Maybe I will read itsometime, but for now I will read something from Key. Thank you for your suggestions.
Mormel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 17:42   Link #315
fujifruit

Quote:
Thank you for your answers.
I decided that I won't buy the PS3 version, since I think that it is awesome as it is.
For Higurashi, I've seen the anime for this, too, but it didn't give such an incomplete feeling as Umineko. Maybe I will read itsometime, but for now I will read something from Key. Thank you for your suggestions.
Read Yu-no instead.
fujifruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 08:35   Link #316
Captain Bluebeard

Quote:
I had thought that too when watching the Anime, and I still consider it one of the best, though the novels are on a whole different level -and there were actually a hell of a lot things that were left out or souped up in the Anime, surprisingly. Now, of Key's works, I'd definitely reccomend Kanon!
Old 2012-02-01, 17:09   Link #317
Ikuko
The Madwoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
Nope, it's not just you, Umineko really was THAT good. Personally, nothing else I have read blew my mind so much.
Umineko is one of the stories (if not the very most of them) that most impressed me ever. Particulary the 'love-it-or-hate-it' last episode.

I'm looking forward to when I have the time to read/play Higurashi and Higanbana.
Ikuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 19:45   Link #318
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikuko View Post
Umineko is one of the stories (if not the very most of them) that most impressed me ever. Particulary the 'love-it-or-hate-it' last episode.

I'm looking forward to when I have the time to read/play Higurashi and Higanbana.
I thought EP8 was a fantastic conclusion, though I can of course see why some people hate it. However, from a critical perspective, the series might not fare as well. The storyline is good, and music is absolutely fantastic (a soundtrack that surpasses even Final Fantasy's imo) but there are a lot of flaws of the entire series (notably pacing issues and general ridiculousness). I personally LOVE Umineko, but I can see where some of the negative points in reviews are coming from. I can't wait 'til Higanbana is translated

I haven't read CLANNAD, but the anime is without a doubt the best anime I've ever seen, but for reasons unrelated to Umineko.
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 23:08   Link #319
Winar

Personally I have supported suggestion "We are reading the book not about Battler, and not written by himself - we are reading the book about how Battler reads the book written for him by Beatrice about himself, written by Battler himself." It was posted in times of 6th episode, strange but most of this information is correct.
Truth still and forever live in his heart.
Winar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 07:41   Link #320
Captain Bluebeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I thought EP8 was a fantastic conclusion, though I can of course see why some people hate it.
I can also see it too, but that's not the series fault, more like the people's for being thickheaded.

Quote:
However, from a critical perspective, the series might not fare as well. The storyline is good, and music is absolutely fantastic (a soundtrack that surpasses even Final Fantasy's imo) but there are a lot of flaws of the entire series (notably pacing issues and general ridiculousness). I personally LOVE Umineko, but I can see where some of the negative points in reviews are coming from.
Ridiculousness? Well, perhaps there were times when things got silly or they went overboard with the fanservice, but that wasn't really so bothersome. In my opinion, the storyline is pure genious, the soundrack (you've said it), and well, the only reason I would see for Umineko not doing too well would be that it's not friendly to all readers since it's quite heavy, and that most people are thrown off by the unconventional art (which in my opinion is absolutely perfect in every shape and way).

P.S:
Quote:
I haven't read CLANNAD, but the anime is without a doubt the best anime I've ever seen, but for reasons unrelated to Umineko.
Totally unrelated, but...I can't really see why EVERYONE seems to say CLANNAD is the best anime ever and so on. I mean, okay, I was brought to shameless tears by After Story, but up to that, it's just a huge load of fanservice crap and fillers. Kanon was far superior in my opinion -and again, sorry for the spam.

It's tough to be blue...

Last edited by Captain Bluebeard; 2012-02-06 at 08:36.