AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 27 12.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 63 29.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 56 26.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 33 15.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 19 9.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 2.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.42%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.47%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.42%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-08, 20:28   Link #81
IfritTower
Just furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemperor View Post
WHAT A HORRIBLE BGM THEY PUT WHEN MARIA WAS READING THE LETTER i can't believe they cut the awesome bgm from the visual http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30kl0eCtbcU.
I like the episode but i think they ruin the first twilight, goldenslaugther was very badly used they cut the episode in the best part of the bgm, what a shame.
I love 犯行の予告状読み上げ(ラック眼力), but to be truthful, I really didn't notice it in Episode 1. I only really started liking it later on.
Old 2009-07-08, 20:34   Link #82
moemegane
Probatio Diabolica

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfritTower View Post
I love 犯行の予告状読み上げ(ラック眼力), but to be truthful, I really didn't notice it in Episode 1. I only really started liking it later on.
Bad choice for the letter scene, but they sure used more BGM for the episode two.

I hope for the other episodes they can use more BGM from the VN
Old 2009-07-08, 20:40   Link #83
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Ok, time to make a review. Watched it twice even.

Spoiler for tl;dr review:

Last edited by Christen; 2009-07-08 at 23:19. Reason: possible spoilers :p
Old 2009-07-08, 22:03   Link #84
USCPharmacist

Sound like you all need to stop watching the anime at this point cuz I think you'll all have a seizure and die. Instead of seeing some discussions of the plot of the anime all I see is oh shit they cut this and they cut that and this rush and that has no emotion. I am just glad to see my favorite VN now has voice and moving characters. Sure the show is not perfect but if all you do is to compare how much they cut it then you should just reread the VN instead cuz there is gonna be more cut. Or are you guys planning to whine all 26 episodes and give 1 to all of them?
Anyway I am more interested in reading what 1st time anime viewers think about the episode. I wonder if you guys are like the story so far and have any theory about what happened. The most fun part about Umineko is not just the story, but making up theory about the murders. I am sure some of you are beginning to become suspicious about Maria. hihihihihihihihih

P.S. Give some more credits for the first time viewers, they don't need you to explain how to enjoy an adaptation. Although, if you guys insist, make a thread call "what you miss from DEEN" would be better than whining.
Old 2009-07-08, 22:10   Link #85
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I have been insisting on that myself. Even as a novel reading myself all the complaining from my co readers is incredibly irritating, I cannot imagine how discouraging this most be for first time viewers. I really think all this VN-anime-manga comparison should be separated and quarantined to a single thread, and leave this set of anime threads to only impressions about the anime as a standalone instance of the series.
Old 2009-07-08, 22:18   Link #86
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I really think all this VN-anime-manga comparison should be separated and quarantined to a single thread, and leave this set of anime threads to only impressions about the anime as a standalone instance of the series.
Funny, I was just done posting a request about it myself. Though rather than 'quarantined', I thought it might be beneficial for people to have a thread where they could properly discuss the merits (or lack of) with the differences, which is something I was interested in talking about here but I didn't want to come across as a total elitist douche with the way the thread was moving.
Old 2009-07-08, 22:19   Link #87
Marion
The Great Dine

Personally I'm glad that the series is an anime. I'm not as much miffed about cuts as much as the lack of information. Battler's relationship with Rudolf and Kyrie, the tension between Eva and Natsuhi and so forth. If the anime devoted even a minute or two to give the viewer some insight on the relationships then the quality of the overall story will improve for first-time viewers especially.

That's just me though. I still love the seiyuus (even though I'm still dying to know how Ohara does Beatrice), the OST is very good and the overall style of the show is pleasing.
Old 2009-07-08, 22:20   Link #88
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

The first twilight has already started. Well, subs aren't out yet, so we can't exactly expect the theories to start coming now. I'm looking forward to those theories myself.
Old 2009-07-08, 22:28   Link #89
Westlo
Lets be reality

lol @ anyone being attached to rudolf at this point in the VN... I really doubt the majority of people felt that way lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist View Post
P.S. Give some more credits for the first time viewers, they don't need you to explain how to enjoy an adaptation. Although, if you guys insist, make a thread call "what you miss from DEEN" would be better than whining.
Yeah... sadly this is FMA Brotherhood all over again.
Old 2009-07-08, 22:30   Link #90
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
Funny, I was just done posting a request about it myself. Though rather than 'quarantined', I thought it might be beneficial for people to have a thread where they could properly discuss the merits (or lack of) with the differences, which is something I was interested in talking about here but I didn't want to come across as a total elitist douche with the way the thread was moving.
I agree there should be a seperate thread for VN/anime comparisons. I've read all 4 episodes of the VN but I'm really enjoying watching the anime version as well.
Old 2009-07-08, 22:35   Link #91
Oekitarts
Oppai Sommelier

Send a message via Yahoo to Oekitarts
Hmm...
Spoiler for Observation:
Old 2009-07-08, 23:06   Link #92
Rena Ryuuguu
Hinamizawas Cleaver Girl

Send a message via MSN to Rena Ryuuguu
wow ep 2 of EP 1 was awesome but that
Spoiler:
came a little to fast . am I wrong? kana kana?
but still I'm glad they kept the slaughterer bgm and the blood
Old 2009-07-08, 23:13   Link #93
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
I am glad they slowed it down a bit, atleast. I thought it was pretty good on it's own. I thought the one-winged eagle in your heart and wedding propsal were really well done, though Jessica giving Natsuhi the charm lost a lot of feeling.

I seem to be the only one who liked Maria's face when she read the letter. I like to imagine her with that face than starting, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

I agree about the reactions to the first twilight being a bit terribly done. Not from a "compared to the visual novel" standpoint, but just from a normal one. It just seemed like they were too well ordered, and not chaotic about it.

Spoiler for Current Discussion:
Old 2009-07-08, 23:16   Link #94
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Saw EP 02.

Besides the DEEN's (over) animation I think it was all right. The pacing is exactly what I excepted. I was pleasantly surprised that DEEN adapted some music from the game in.

What I didn't like:
Ingot scene. There just wasn't enough emphasis on the fact that no one really believes Kinzo has several tons of gold and they believe whole gold myth is bullshit. I think that's what was missing the most, but is irrelevant for the long run.

Overall decent episode.
Old 2009-07-09, 01:32   Link #95
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Ahahaha, that delayed reaction was horrid. The rest was pretty decent in my book.
Old 2009-07-09, 01:43   Link #96
Vicious108

Good episode. Had a hard time recognizing those banged up bodies at the end, but I think I got who they were right.

Maria's face when reading the letter was win. As a whole her character was more tolerable this time around, thanks to the lack of uu~.
Old 2009-07-09, 01:59   Link #97
KnightHart
The Traveler of the Book

there is no umineko anime
where's my worldend_solo,DEEEEEEEEEN
Old 2009-07-09, 02:00   Link #98
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

...and now that the subs are out, I can post a bit of opinion with better understanding of what was said during the episode!

Spoiler for Pros and Cons:

The list of those in the shed since they weren't directly mentioned at the end of the episode, though most of you know who they are:
-Krauss
-Rudolf
-Kyrie
-Rosa
-Gohda
-Shannon

And here's the discussion I'd like to start: The times were.... weird.

10:00pm (according to Kinzo's(?) clock): Siblings attempt to break down his door.
08:15pm (according to eye catch clock): Gold bar revealed to Natsuhi.
09:00pm (according to eye catch clock): Natsuhi receives charm from Jessica.
Old 2009-07-09, 02:05   Link #99
Mercurius

Not sure how well it will work out, but I'm gonna treat each anime episode like I do with the VN: with lots of notes and observations.

Spoiler for I-II: first move:
Overall, the episode was an improvement from I-I. Hope that trend continues.

My two cents on the whole adaptation thing - a proper adaptation imo can be done in one of two ways: either it follows the source to the T, or creates something unique that captures the essence of the source. The problem I have with the Umineko anime is that it's riding the fence: it uses the same music, almost the exact same wording in the dialog, and even Beatrice's portrait is a direct copy from the novel. But, it is cutting out a significant portion of background info that really gave the novel its essence and character. In order to truly succeed as an adaptation, imo, the anime needs to either a) include the background info and character development or b) start creating its own style and stop relying on copy-pasta'ing media from the source.

Last edited by Mercurius; 2009-07-09 at 02:09. Reason: More thoughts
Old 2009-07-09, 02:07   Link #100
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Maybe they meant it as this scene was taking place earlier. But maybe it was intended? I'm not sure what to make of it. It can't just be a simple continuity error.
Closed Thread