AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-01-23, 01:54   Link #4401
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

If Peyton clears health-wise, there is going to be major interest, such as:
  • Cardinals
  • Jets
  • Redskins
  • Seahawks
  • Dolphins (but with Philbin being hired, I think that Matt Flynn may come here due to playbook familiarity)
  • Browns
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 02:13   Link #4402
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Hmm... the Cardinals? That sounds like a pretty darned good fit. Following right behind Kurt Warner's shoes.
That would be interesting actually, since I kind of want Travaris Jackson to succeed in Seattle now, A trade for Manning would just ruin that.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 02:17   Link #4403
Alchemist007
*Author

Pretty much don't care for the superbowl anymore but I'll vote for the not patriots as an accustomed habit.
Old 2012-01-23, 03:30   Link #4404
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^I'm a drinking your tears fan...
BTW wingdarkness, I've got an offer to make for you, are you interested in hearing what it is?
Old 2012-01-23, 04:43   Link #4405
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
That would be interesting actually, since I kind of want Travaris Jackson to succeed in Seattle now, A trade for Manning would just ruin that.
I think is pretty much established that Tavaris Jackson is a career back-up --good enough to play off the bench and keep a job in the NFL, but not good enough to be a trusted season starter. Seattle is going try to improve the QB position somehow this year or next. If they do that, then they will compete with the Niners for the division.

I believe Indy will flat out cut Peyton, since it will be with minimal cap penalty due to injury incentives in his newest contract.

Last edited by Dilla; 2012-01-23 at 04:53.
Old 2012-01-23, 04:54   Link #4406
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
I think is pretty much established that Tavaris Jackson is a career back-up, good enough to play off the bench and keep a job in the NFL, but not good enough to be a trusted starter. Seattle is going try to improve the QB position somehow this year or next. If they do that, then they will compete with the Niners for the division.

I believe Indy will flat out cut Peyton, since it will be with minimal cap penalty due to injury incentives in his newest contract.
I dunno, his coach seems to trust him, and despite the 7-9 record for the season, it was still better than many expected for a going through the changes that Seattle did this year. I'll talk more about what I'm expecting in the NFL in the years ahead in a megapost that I will make after the Superbowl. I agree with you about Peyton though.
Old 2012-01-23, 07:04   Link #4407
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Personally I hope Peyton goes to the Jets so we can watch the inevitable cross-town conflict in NYC. The NY Post would have a field day with both Mannings in town.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 07:50   Link #4408
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Argh. Peyton not on the colts=epic fail. If Peyton says he can play, the colts better keep him. Luck is untested in the NFL, and remember how close Matt Ryan was to #1 pick a few years back, and how mediocre he's proven himself to be.
Peyton is 36 years old though. And he's coming off of three neck surgeries in the last two years if I remember correctly. Who knows how much longer he'll want to play if he comes back. And if he does come back that means you are probably going to be obligated to bring back guys like Saturday and Wayne who are not in their prime anymore. Luck is untested, sure. but this is an opportunity that may not come around for a decade. The Colts need to start building for the future. A quarterback, that some believe is the best since Manning was drafted, is a good way to start. Business is business and Manning should understand this. A move like this could end up in a messy divorce, but I'm certainly not crying that the 49ers decided to go with Steve Young over Joe Montana, and I bet Packers fans are happy with Aaron Rodgers.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 08:03   Link #4409
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
OK. If you go /sp/ - you shall see a tribute to Billy Cundiff and Kyle Williams. Two boneheads that prevented the Har-Bowl.
oh god, my sides xD
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 08:53   Link #4410
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well the super bowl is set after cause oops mistakes from both Harbaugh brothers special teams big NO!!!

the super bowl is set is rematch of xlii with pats & giants rematch from 08 super bowl got to wonder will lightning strike twice or revenge of the pats empire?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 09:52   Link #4411
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I could only see Manning joining the Seahawks or the Jets. And the thing is, Saturday said on TV that whever, Peyton goes, he's going. And I doubt Nick Mangold would like that. Also concerned whether Peyton would fit some of the culture aspects of the Jets and the personnel cutting they did over the last season. I think Seattle has the most to offer and a better fir in terms of personnel and culture. However, Arizona have publically stated they will go after Peyton like no tomorrow if he does leave Indy. But again, not sure Arizona have the setup for Peyton to have one more crack at a Superbowl with the limited time he has left.
Old 2012-01-23, 11:59   Link #4412
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Seattle seems like a nice unassuming place for Peyton. Places like Miami, Washington, and NY seem too big town for a quiet guy like Peyton. Especially in NY where the paparazzi would be all up on his nuts. Phoenix would work, too. Cleveland just sucks.

I was thinking Matt Flynn would go to Seattle, but now that the Packers' former OC has gone to Miami as the new head coach, I think Flynn will follow him for playbook familiarity. I think Arizona have enough components to have some playoff runs for Manning while he's there, they finished 8-8 with John Skelton as QB and he will have Larry Fitzgerald and a middle of the road defense. However, Seattle has Sidney Rice, Marshawn Lynch, and a top 15 defense to work with. Either way, some competition would do the 49ers and that division some good.

I doubt money will really matter to Peyton, so I think he'll chose the team with the components to get to the Super Bowl; plus location.
Quote:
I dunno, his coach seems to trust him, and despite the 7-9 record for the season, it was still better than many expected for a going through the changes that Seattle did this year. I'll talk more about what I'm expecting in the NFL in the years ahead in a megapost that I will make after the Superbowl. I agree with you about Peyton though.
Seattle was probably the most surprising overachiever this year next to the Bengals and Cam Newton. They were projected to be in the 'Suck for Luck' competition.
Old 2012-01-23, 12:20   Link #4413
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I believe the Seahawks were the youngest team in the NFL so thats saying something.
Old 2012-01-23, 12:24   Link #4414
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

5th youngest. . .

Youngest teams (in terms of average player age):
1.) Buccaneers
2.) Packers
3.) Panthers
4.) Bengals
5.) Seahawks

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...at-53-man-cuts
Old 2012-01-23, 13:02   Link #4415
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obdJG17CDLE (start at 1:15)

now...am I just not familiar w/ the rules or is that not indeed pass interference or at least holding? (think I phrased that right...)
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 13:43   Link #4416
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Seattle seems like a nice unassuming place for Peyton. Places like Miami, Washington, and NY seem too big town for a quiet guy like Peyton. Especially in NY where the paparazzi would be all up on his nuts. Phoenix would work, too. Cleveland just sucks.

I was thinking Matt Flynn would go to Seattle, but now that the Packers' former OC has gone to Miami as the new head coach, I think Flynn will follow him for playbook familiarity. I think Arizona have enough components to have some playoff runs for Manning while he's there, they finished 8-8 with John Skelton as QB and he will have Larry Fitzgerald and a middle of the road defense. However, Seattle has Sidney Rice, Marshawn Lynch, and a top 15 defense to work with. Either way, some competition would do the 49ers and that division some good.

I doubt money will really matter to Peyton, so I think he'll chose the team with the components to get to the Super Bowl; plus location.
Seattle was probably the most surprising overachiever this year next to the Bengals and Cam Newton. They were projected to be in the 'Suck for Luck' competition.
I agree with you about the NFC West needing more competition, thankfully I think that the Seahawks and Cardinals should rise to the occasion in 2012. And even of they don't improve much, The Niners' schedule is going to be tough next year regardless.
Old 2012-01-23, 14:21   Link #4417
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
5th youngest. . .

Youngest teams (in terms of average player age):
1.) Buccaneers
2.) Packers
3.) Panthers
4.) Bengals
5.) Seahawks

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...at-53-man-cuts
The Bengals look like they're going to be a force for a while. If they can draft a play-making RB, their offense will become even more dangerous.
Old 2012-01-23, 15:33   Link #4418
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obdJG17CDLE (start at 1:15)

now...am I just not familiar w/ the rules or is that not indeed pass interference or at least holding? (think I phrased that right...)
No, since he didn't impede the receiver from his route.
Old 2012-01-23, 18:26   Link #4419
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
BTW wingdarkness, I've got an offer to make for you, are you interested in hearing what it is?
I'll play...

Nothing else to do but lament over a team that could only muster 1 first down (49ners) barely beating a team we (The Saints) put 50 points on(Giants)...What a cruel world...
Old 2012-01-23, 19:17   Link #4420
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I'll play...

Nothing else to do but lament over a team that could only muster 1 first down (49ners) barely beating a team we (The Saints) put 50 points on(Giants)...What a cruel world...
49ers had 15 first downs in the game. And the Saints didn't score 50 points on the Giants. Way to exaggerate the truth.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports