AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-18, 07:18   Link #3441
Yye1
Wide Right

lol finally got around to reading vol 6, when kotori called shidou oneechan, that was awesome

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 11:24   Link #3442
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Guys, please refrain from linking or asking about any scanlation sites while posting on this forum. It does not matter if the work in question is unlicensed, you still cannot link to it here.
Old 2013-07-19, 02:06   Link #3443
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

And so it begins
Date a Live 16.5

Old 2013-07-19, 03:06   Link #3444
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
And so it begins
Date a Live 16.5

The world will end the moment Tohka found that out......
Old 2013-07-19, 04:34   Link #3445
ImperialFlameGod8190

Stop seriously with the whole date a live 16.5 thing dude it aint funny its old.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 08:55   Link #3446
bobokagagoka

so what exactly happened when kurumi escaped from efreet/kotori? i thought she lost her arm? but why is that she had her arm again in vol.7
bobokagagoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 10:43   Link #3447
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobokagagoka View Post
so what exactly happened when kurumi escaped from efreet/kotori? i thought she lost her arm? but why is that she had her arm again in vol.7
She actually had it back by the end of volume 4.

Remember that she uses her Dalet bullet to reverse time and "heal" her injuries, including severed limbs as we saw when Mana attacked her. She just wasn't in a good condition or situation to use it right away after Kotori blasted her with Megiddo.
Old 2013-07-22, 12:58   Link #3448
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
She actually had it back by the end of volume 4.

Remember that she uses her Dalet bullet to reverse time and "heal" her injuries, including severed limbs as we saw when Mana attacked her. She just wasn't in a good condition or situation to use it right away after Kotori blasted her with Megiddo.

Did the anime cut the scene out where Kurumi lost her arm? Because I don't recall it.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 13:20   Link #3449
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
Did the anime cut the scene out where Kurumi lost her arm? Because I don't recall it.
Yeah, in the anime Kotori just blew a big hole in Zafkiel, probably for violence censoring like they censored the severed foot in episode 8.

I wouldn't be surprised if the BD/DVD version of episode 10 shows the actual scene though.
Old 2013-07-22, 13:25   Link #3450
JediNight
キズランダム

Is this series actually any good? Or are you just reading it bc the zaniness is entertaining? Because the whole "the only way to defeat them is to ... date them!" and then Tohka immediately goes from tsun to deredere date mode in the anime just about made me want to gag from the stupidity of it.

I guess it's just not for me?
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 13:27   Link #3451
ImperialFlameGod8190

Jedi the sad part is that's expected but I agree some of it is stupid but its has its moments.
Old 2013-07-22, 13:49   Link #3452
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I read it because it's good. I didn't see the first arc as dumb as you seem to, but either way it's definitely on its feet from the 3rd arc onward.

And what anime doesn't have a stupid part?
Old 2013-07-22, 14:28   Link #3453
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Is this series actually any good? Or are you just reading it bc the zaniness is entertaining? Because the whole "the only way to defeat them is to ... date them!" and then Tohka immediately goes from tsun to deredere date mode in the anime just about made me want to gag from the stupidity of it.

I guess it's just not for me?
It's good. Better in the LN, because they explain a few key points better. To summarize....
  • The whole "Date" thing. This is necessary because it is physically impossible for humans to defeat a spirit. The anime makes it seem like the AST can put up a fight. They can't, and they repeatedly acknowledge that what they are doing is only buying time. Except Origami, but she's irrational around spirits at best.
  • Tohka (and other spirits) attitude towards Shidou. Until they met him every single other human has tried to kill them. He reaches out to them and gives them the only source of companionship and kindness they have known. That's why they are so quick to become attached.
  • The zaniness comes from two things. One, it's anime, so the rules of reality stretch for comedy. Two, as stated before, the spirits can't be dealt with through other means. Hence the absurd date scenes.
  • What happens outside the dates. See, Ratatoskr does everything they can to keep the focus on the dates and in the aspect of a "dating sim". Eventually reality hits and the spirits have to use their powers for something. This sends the story straight into the horror genre.... told from the perspective of the monster. I hate Origami and the AST for various reasons, but even I felt sorry for them after what Tohka did to them.
Old 2013-07-23, 01:18   Link #3454
Ramen00

IMO I really didn't like the adaptation that much..... Too much for fanservice.. didn't explained quite a few points.. skipped some funny scenes.

...Imouto wars wasn't focused that much!! Tohka and Yoshino talked while they are having the war which leaves the focus on both the imoutos OTL

So I recommend reading the LN more xD
Ramen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 02:13   Link #3455
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Over all, the animation staff butchered it a bit. I am definitely gonna start reading it now that I have free time.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 04:43   Link #3456
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen00 View Post
IMO I really didn't like the adaptation that much..... Too much for fanservice..
Honestly, with all due respect, your statement failed a good bit right when you said that.

I'm not sure how the novels are any less fanservicey than the anime, other than the fact that the novels can't show it visually as much simply because it's a novel, which by definition and default prevents it from largely using actual fanservice shots. But the text makes it amply clear that there's a good deal of fanservice in the wording.

And each volume of the novels starts with a pic of the front cover girl(s) shown at least half-naked for a reason.
Old 2013-07-23, 05:10   Link #3457
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Honestly, with all due respect, your statement failed a good bit right when you said that.

I'm not sure how the novels are any less fanservicey than the anime, other than the fact that the novels can't show it visually as much simply because it's a novel, which by definition and default prevents it from largely using actual fanservice shots. But the text makes it amply clear that there's a good deal of fanservice in the wording.

And each volume of the novels starts with a pic of the front cover girl(s) shown at least half-naked for a reason.
but hey the more fanservicy written novels should really go to HS DxD, Campione? nah... but unless you like raunchy kissing this one has less of a fanservice but the element is still there, but people still read DAL even though the plot sounds stupid but its definitely a fun to read so I guess I can't just ignore the anime exist since again they did show up some important parts yet not everything but again like SAO some people in the animation staff by then understand that the audience may have more or less read some of the light novel volumes
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 06:19   Link #3458
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Well I guess I'm the only one who enjoyed both the anime granted it didn't follow the LN perfectly I'm still glad they animated it and we're getting a second season
Old 2013-07-23, 06:20   Link #3459
cloud04
Scanlator

i dont think the anime had that much fanservice compared to the LN version for DAL..
although probably the only thing you would imagine after the anime would be..when you read the LN again, imagine w/ the voices already LOL if you like the VA that is
Old 2013-07-23, 06:22   Link #3460
ImperialFlameGod8190

I enjoyed both the anime was amusing but it wasn't perfect no anime ever is from an LN and campione was butchered completely compared to the other ones so its fine. the next season will be fun and im curious how much of the yamai twins arc will be censored and likely the full miku arc will be an interesting read plus maybe 1 more arc tbd.
actually the anime for DAL managed to include almost all the major fanservice moments from the 1st 4 volumes. Tohka's arc had no fanservice really at all. Yoshino's the only service came from Origami Kurumi was a fanservice dream and the kotori arc did the fanservice justice especially the bikini competition before the date with kotori the pool was also quite nice. But if u wanna see fanservice etched into the story the yamai twins are you.

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy