Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-23, 20:13   Link #1
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Wind ~A Breath of Heart~

I just watched Wind A Breath Of Heart (Christmas Special) Anyone have any info on it. Was it a game?
Old 2003-12-23, 20:20   Link #2
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

All I can tell you is that Wind ~ A Breath Of Heart was originally a computer game ^^;
Old 2003-12-23, 20:33   Link #3
GipFace

Meh

Lame info page

Anyway, Su-Yu's TL of the episode was deplorable, with such lines like "A broom is but a spider dwelling" and angel's eyelines ... WTF? The song (Cumulus) is about a cloud ...
Old 2003-12-23, 22:01   Link #4
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipFace
Lame info page

Anyway, Su-Yu's TL of the episode was deplorable, with such lines like "A broom is but a spider dwelling" and angel's eyelines ... WTF? The song (Cumulus) is about a cloud ...
Wind ~A Breath of Heart~ is a popular ero-game from the softhouse, Minori.

If you must know a rather maniacal detail, this is the softhouse where director Shinkai Makoto worked for, and he did the OP Movie sequence for this game.

If you look at the OP sequence, you can tell which parts he salvaged to make "Hoshi no Koe - Voices of a Distant Star" after he quit the softhouse to direct and make this short anime on his own.
Old 2003-12-23, 22:10   Link #5
GipFace

Um

he quit the softhouse

He did not quit the softhouse. He is working on the opening for their next project, Haru No Ashioto.

Also, this was made AFTER Hoshi No Koe. Good day.
Old 2003-12-23, 22:51   Link #6
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipFace
he quit the softhouse

He did not quit the softhouse. He is working on the opening for their next project, Haru No Ashioto.

Also, this was made AFTER Hoshi No Koe. Good day.
He quit the softhouse. That doesn't mean he doesn't get paid by places to do projects. You should read his diary on his HP dated 9.29 more clearly... he specifies 僕個人の仕事, which means "a job that I agreed to do."

Read his online diary and his interviews more carefully, and he states that though the OP sequence for Wind ~ A Breath of Heart~ and Hoshi no Koe ran parallel in production, he quit after he made the OP sequence, six months before the game was released (2002) to focus on his attention on Hoshi no Koe, completed in 2001.
Old 2003-12-24, 00:50   Link #7
FubaredByAnime

This is not the first fansub to come out for this OVA. AJ and another smaller group released it at almost a year ago. As anyone who watched it could tell, they're pretty much lost if they don't have any idea of what the game is about. My interpretation of the OVA is that it's nothing more than a marketing tactic to sell some more games or merchandise. I read a walkthrough from gamefaqs that provided some info about it, but still am kinda lost about what the concept of the game and the OVA (which I assume takes place after the game) is about.

So KJ1980, what is this game about? Feel free to put it in "spoiler" color because I inquiring minds want to know.

- Fubared
Old 2003-12-24, 01:20   Link #8
Thelastguardian

isnt wind a hgame? I think I have the game somewhere in my stack (I only download stuff, I never use them for some unknown reason).
Old 2003-12-24, 02:04   Link #9
holyangel
Kawaii Fantasy

Hi, GipFace, a staff of NNL and we received your very nice private message which we felt very touch and thus would like to express our every thanks to you... Read On...

DIDN'T ANYONE TELL YOU THAT A SINGLE JAPANESE SONG CAN BE TRANSLATED IN MANY MANY DIFFERENT WAYS? IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOU HAVE THE OFFICAL LYRICS FROM THE DVD BOX MEANS THAT IT MUST BE CORRECT AND ANYTHING WHICH IS DIFFERENT FROM THAT MEANS IT'S BAD! AND IF I'M CORRECT, FROM WHAT YOU JUST MSG US, YOU ARE SAYING THAT YOUR WIND - A BREATH OF HEART VERSION WAS USING THE DVD SUB AND DVD RAW, AND THUS, DUDE, GET A LIFE! YOU GUYS ARE JUST DVD RIPPERS! AND DIDN'T YOUR PAPA EVER TEACH YOU NOT TO JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER? YOU MEARLY BROWSE THROUGH OUR OP AND ED SONG, WHICH COULD BE TRANSLATED INTO MANY MANY DIFFERENT WAYS AND YOU GIVE A CONCLUSION THAT JUST BECAUSE OUR IS DIFFERENT FROM YOUR DVD SUBS, YOU CONCLUDE THAT OURS ARE WRONG, AND THUS IT SUX? GET A LIFE!! GO GET SOME COKE AND DROWN YOURSELF IN IT!

TRYING TO DO US A FAVOR BY PROVIDING US WITH ANOTHER RAW AND SONG TRANSLATION FROM YOUR DVD SO THAT WE CAN DO A V2? GO TO THE CHURCH AND DONATE IT THERE! WE DON;T APPRECIATE HELP FROM PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY ARE SO SMART!!

THE NEXT TIME YOU WANNA COMMENT ON TRANSLATIONS, GO LEARN JAPANESE AND GET INTO A JAPANESE UNIVERSITY FINAL YEAR BEFORE YOU COMMENT ON IT, INSTEAD OF JUST REFERING TO YOUR DVD SUBS ALL THE TIME!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below this is a comment by the translator in charge of this wind project.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll have you know that Japanese pop singers are not trained whatsoever in the linguistic pronunciations, so much like any english pop, the words are indiscernible a large part of the time, if some bitch has a problem with what I heard then they can go f*** themselves, this is what I heard, no more
Old 2003-12-24, 02:27   Link #10
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyangel
Hi, GipFace, a staff of NNL and we received your very nice private message which we felt very touch and thus would like to express our every thanks to you... Read On...

DIDN'T ANYONE TELL YOU THAT A SINGLE JAPANESE SONG CAN BE TRANSLATED IN MANY MANY DIFFERENT WAYS? IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOU HAVE THE OFFICAL LYRICS FROM THE DVD BOX MEANS THAT IT MUST BE CORRECT AND ANYTHING WHICH IS DIFFERENT FROM THAT MEANS IT'S BAD! AND IF I'M CORRECT, FROM WHAT YOU JUST MSG US, YOU ARE SAYING THAT YOUR WIND - A BREATH OF HEART VERSION WAS USING THE DVD SUB AND DVD RAW, AND THUS, DUDE, GET A LIFE! YOU GUYS ARE JUST DVD RIPPERS! AND DIDN'T YOUR PAPA EVER TEACH YOU NOT TO JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER? YOU MEARLY BROWSE THROUGH OUR OP AND ED SONG, WHICH COULD BE TRANSLATED INTO MANY MANY DIFFERENT WAYS AND YOU GIVE A CONCLUSION THAT JUST BECAUSE OUR IS DIFFERENT FROM YOUR DVD SUBS, YOU CONCLUDE THAT OURS ARE WRONG, AND THUS IT SUX? GET A LIFE!! GO GET SOME COKE AND DROWN YOURSELF IN IT!

TRYING TO DO US A FAVOR BY PROVIDING US WITH ANOTHER RAW AND SONG TRANSLATION FROM YOUR DVD SO THAT WE CAN DO A V2? GO TO THE CHURCH AND DONATE IT THERE! WE DON;T APPRECIATE HELP FROM PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY ARE SO SMART!!

THE NEXT TIME YOU WANNA COMMENT ON TRANSLATIONS, GO LEARN JAPANESE AND GET INTO A JAPANESE UNIVERSITY FINAL YEAR BEFORE YOU COMMENT ON IT, INSTEAD OF JUST REFERING TO YOUR DVD SUBS ALL THE TIME!!

Below this is a comment by the translator in charge of this wind project.

I'll have you know that Japanese pop singers are not trained whatsoever in the linguistic pronunciations, so much like any english pop, the words are indiscernible a large part of the time, if some bitch has a problem with what I heard then they can go f*** themselves, this is what I heard, no more

....???
post the original msg from GipFace, I am curious.
Old 2003-12-24, 02:41   Link #11
holyangel
Kawaii Fantasy

Normally I won't do this... but I can't take this insult lying down... and so here we goes again! NNL Uses DVD Raw? Sure Win Digital Raw? Think Again!!

Suteki-Yume Shot 1

No Name Loser Shot 1

Suteki-Yume Shot 2

No Name Loser Shot 2

Your colors are in YuV instead of RGB, resolution is slighty off and thus the face look longer instead of fatter, you deinterlace using a blend field option and further smooth in the final encode, thus losing up to 50% of video quality, if not more. Xvid quarter pixel option seems to be off

The next time you think that you are so good that you are in a position to insult and offer others or rather shame others with what you have accomplished, think again! You wanna do great dvd rips? The night is still young my child, so don't get so cocky! Maybe one day when we get a chance to work on a unlicensed DVD, I'll show you a real dvd encode!

Last edited by holyangel; 2003-12-24 at 03:30.
Old 2003-12-24, 22:09   Link #12
Tboz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FubaredByAnime
This is not the first fansub to come out for this OVA. AJ and another smaller group released it at almost a year ago. As anyone who watched it could tell, they're pretty much lost if they don't have any idea of what the game is about. My interpretation of the OVA is that it's nothing more than a marketing tactic to sell some more games or merchandise. I read a walkthrough from gamefaqs that provided some info about it, but still am kinda lost about what the concept of the game and the OVA (which I assume takes place after the game) is about.

So KJ1980, what is this game about? Feel free to put it in "spoiler" color because I inquiring minds want to know.

- Fubared
You are absolutely right, I haven't played the game and I can't understand the show one bit. That cosplay fetish guy is rather funny though.
Old 2003-12-25, 05:30   Link #13
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Could someone tell me if Wind ~ A Breath Of Heart (Christmas Special) is different to the Wind ~ A Breath Of Heart OVA.

Is this a second OVA/Special or is it the same thing. Envirosphere lists a Special [AJ], an OVA [NNL] and a Christmas Special [S-Y]. A-Kraze has also produced an OVA as well. I'm wondering if it's the same episode or if there are more than one.

The above screen shots imply that the S-Y special and the NNL OVA are the same thing but I would like to double check since there are now four different fansubs.

Cheers
Old 2003-12-25, 06:13   Link #14
holyangel
Kawaii Fantasy

Well at the end of the show it add Wish you a happy merry christmas and it was meant as a 2002 christmas special. There was no ova nor a TV series planned for it.
Old 2003-12-25, 06:23   Link #15
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to uLTraCarL- Send a message via AIM to uLTraCarL-
they are all the same thing, yes.

The Chronicles of uLTraCarL .. Youtube connection
[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
Old 2003-12-25, 07:05   Link #16
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Many thanks for the info guys.

Quote:
There was no ova nor a TV series planned for it.
One further question then, how was this episode first released.

Was it shown on TV (for the Xmas 2002 holidays) or
Released on DVD (for the Xmas 2002 holidays).

If it was shown on TV first (and then maybe later released on DVD), then it's a TV Special. If it was released directly to the DVD marketplace, then it's an OVA release.

Specials can be a bit odd sometimes. They normally imply an initial TV release but I'm sure some OVAs are marketed as "Specials" sometimes. My guess is that Wind is a OVA but also called a Christmas Special.

Edit:
OK, NNL explain the origins on their web site. The DVD was released as part of a Omake box based on the 2002 Bishoujo game. So it isn't really an OVA release but a (non-TV) special.

Last edited by xris; 2003-12-25 at 07:56. Reason: Update
Old 2003-12-25, 13:23   Link #17
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Well at the end of the show it add Wish you a happy merry christmas and it was meant as a 2002 christmas special. There was no ova nor a TV series planned for it.
I don't think there wasn't any at the time, but several months later there was some talk of making another anime for it (probably a one shot OVA), but I haven't heard anything since then so it might just be vaporware.
Old 2003-12-25, 17:44   Link #18
Kokushi_Musou
太鼓の達人

I kinda feel sorry for Gipface here so, I'll interject.

Quote:
DIDN'T ANYONE TELL YOU THAT A SINGLE JAPANESE SONG CAN BE TRANSLATED IN MANY MANY DIFFERENT WAYS?
Sure, many different ways as in the English words used...not in the overall meaning.

Quote:
IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOU HAVE THE OFFICAL LYRICS FROM THE DVD BOX MEANS THAT IT MUST BE CORRECT AND ANYTHING WHICH IS DIFFERENT FROM THAT MEANS IT'S BAD!
Well the I'm absolutely sure that the OFFICIAL LYRICS from the DVD BOX would mean that it is correct....but apparently that's not what you think.

Quote:
AND IF I'M CORRECT, FROM WHAT YOU JUST MSG US, YOU ARE SAYING THAT YOUR WIND - A BREATH OF HEART VERSION WAS USING THE DVD SUB AND DVD RAW, AND THUS, DUDE, GET A LIFE! YOU GUYS ARE JUST DVD RIPPERS!
Right...... because most R2 DVDs all have English subs.... Yes that is sarcasm....

Quote:
AND DIDN'T YOUR PAPA EVER TEACH YOU NOT TO JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER? YOU MEARLY BROWSE THROUGH OUR OP AND ED SONG, WHICH COULD BE TRANSLATED INTO MANY MANY DIFFERENT WAYS AND YOU GIVE A CONCLUSION THAT JUST BECAUSE OUR IS DIFFERENT FROM YOUR DVD SUBS, YOU CONCLUDE THAT OURS ARE WRONG, AND THUS IT SUX? GET A LIFE!! GO GET SOME COKE AND DROWN YOURSELF IN IT!
Well first of all I don't have a papa....but on the topic of the OP/ED look at my first rebuttal.

Quote:
If you plan to say "What do you know?", I've been speaking Japanese for all my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by some translator dude
I can agree with that... well maybe except the go fuck themselves part. I know what it feels like trying to do an OP or ED where the whore doesn't sing clearly... But I don't think not being able to hear clearly would be a real good reason to close yourself to criticism (let's hope for constructive stuff at least).
Old 2003-12-25, 18:37   Link #19
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Edit:
OK, NNL explain the origins on their web site. The DVD was released as part of a Omake box based on the 2002 Bishoujo game. So it isn't really an OVA release but a (non-TV) special.
Doesn't that make it an OAV, if it's not released on TV first, but as a video product you have to buy?
Old 2003-12-25, 18:52   Link #20
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Doesn't that make it an OAV, if it's not released on TV first, but as a video product you have to buy?
There isn't a real definition of what makes an OVA an OVA.

The way I use the term (in the How Many Episodes: Answered here! thread) is An OVA release means that the series hasn't been shown on TV before but is released straight into the 'video marketplace'

Since this wasn't available as a stand-alone DVD but part of a omake supplement to the 2002 Bishoujo game Wind ~A Breath of Heart~, then I would say it's a Special and not an OVA.

But that's just by my logic, and since I was asking so I could determine how I should fit it into my scheme of things, then 'Special' it is
Closed Thread