AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-13, 04:11   Link #1
deltara

Chapter 427 Discussion (spoilers)

Welcome to the One Piece manga chapter discussion thread .

As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Please include this note at the start of any new manga discussion thread (otherwise there's a chance the thread will be deleted).
End of edit by Mod (xris)
---

Chapter title: "It's not like this is hell"

ボロボロルフィー
*A totally beaten up Luffy

ル「ウソップ…!?お前…来てたのか…!?」
Luffy: Ussop...!? You...you came...!?

ウ「か…勘違いすんじゃねェぞ!おれはロビンを助ける為にここへ来た!お前の顔なんか見にきた わけじゃねェ !おいコラcp9のボスネコ!おれ様が相手だ!」
Ussop: Don't misunderstand things! I came to save Robin! I didn't come to see you or anything! Hey you, CP9 bosscat! I'M your opponent!

ル「やめろ!殺されるぞ!」
Luffy: Stop it! He'll kill you (you'll get killed)!

ウ「うるせェ死にぞこないが!ここが地獄じゃあるめェしそんな死にそうな顔してんじゃねェ!」
Ussop: Shut up, you can't even die right! It's not like this is hell or anything so wipe that near-dead look of your face!

~ロビンについてプチ回想~
~Little flashback about Robin~

→jetガトリング→海軍「ルッチさんが敗れました!!」おわり
*Chapter ends with a JET Gatling and the Marines saying: "Mr. Lucci lost!!"

Last edited by xris; 2006-09-20 at 08:53.
Old 2006-09-13, 09:18   Link #2
chucky
Always impatient

Well, I read the full text spoiler and this chapter.... just sucks.....
Old 2006-09-13, 09:35   Link #3
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Would you care to elaborate?
Old 2006-09-13, 09:54   Link #4
chucky
Always impatient

Oda set up the fight b/w luffy and lucci in such a meticulous way (most of them is OK imo).
And then it looks like lucci is winning the fight by a margin.
And then Usopp takes off the mask and Luffy is fired up, and one hit KO-ed Lucci.
So the nakama bonding suddenly fuels up our hero and voila the villain drops dead?
As if we havent seen this in stuff like Saint Seiya or what not before.
Not to mention, not even the Crocodile fight go astrayed in this way. Or Eneru.
And it seems to me Oda is running out of ideas.
Only smells like a recipe of self-destruction.
Old 2006-09-13, 10:40   Link #5
deltara

Translation of Chapter 427 greater detail AWESOME CHAPTER

Chapter 427: This isn't hell.

Usopp: Luffy! What're you doing!! Get up!! Luffy!!!!

Marines: ...!! What are these pirates, with this kinda fighting... They just keep going against all those captains...

Franky, Robin, and Zoro fighting against the captains.
Zoro: Usopp.

Luffy: *pant* Usopp...?! You... came?
Usopp: *pant* Don't get me wrong, I came here to save Robin!!
Luffy: !
Usopp: I didn't come here to see you!
Zoro: ...of course.
Usopp: Oi, you, CP9's boss-cat! I'll be your opponent!! Come and get me!

Lucci: ! *glare*
Luffy: Eh?! Oi... stop...!! Stop it!!! Don't... don't lay a hand on him!!
Lucci: I have no business with someone who's already defeated. I'll kill all of them.
Usopp: Good, come here! Boss-cat, I'll take you down!
Luffy: Are you stupid? Stop it, Usopp, he'll kill you!!
Usopp: Shut up! You look like you're gonna die, what can you do?!
Luffy: I'll kick his ass!
Usopp: Then stand up! And stop looking like you're gonna die! It's not like you! We can see the sky black from explosions, and the sea! This isn't hell!! Don't look like you're gonna die! DON'T MAKE ME WORRY, DAMMIT!!!

Luffy: ...got it... this isn't hell or anything...!

Usopp rubs his eyes, Lucci looks at Luffy

Usopp: Beat him! Let's all go back together, Luffy!

Luffy: Of course!

Lucci: ...You can move again?
Luffy: I'm not gonna say that I'm beaten!

Lucci: Seimei kikan, cancel. (phrased badly, I know. XD Basically... he stopped using it. XD) I'll take you down in an instant with my power... Don't worry about your nakama! All of you will be going to hell together!

Lucci uses a barrage of "madara" shigan, Luffy gets hit.
Luffy: I won't get hit again...

Lucci grabs Luffy

Lucci: Saidairin Rokuougan!! ((saidairin = largest ring, rokuougan = six-king-gun))

Luffy has the white-eyes ((unconsiousness)), Lucci starts to leave

Luffy: Gomu gomu no...

*Flashback*
Aokiji: Taking in such a dangerous woman, the day you'll regret it really isn't too far...
Robin: It's over... We won't meet again.
Lucci: This is too much for people like you to get involved in!
Nami: Robin's prepared to die for us!!
Spandam: Are you guys insane?! Don't think you can make an enemy of the entire world and live!
Robin: I want to live!
Lucci: I will follow that woman to the end of the world to kill her!

Lucci: !! Tekkai!
Luffy: JET Gatling!!

Lucci goes flying, and is defeated
Hattori: *pigeon noise* (...what noise *does* a pigeon make, anyway? o_O)

Luffy: *pant* ...it's over... this should be it...

Luffy: LET'S GO BACK TOGETHER, ROBIN!!!

[[R-Reporting to all ships! Mr. Rob Lucci of CP9 was just... was just defeated by the pirate "Mugiwara no Luffy"!!]]

http://img19.imagevenue.com/loc368/t..._122_368lo.jpg
http://img19.imagevenue.com/loc364/t..._122_364lo.jpg
http://img22.imagevenue.com/loc439/t..._122_439lo.jpg
http://img157.imagevenue.com/loc408/..._122_408lo.jpg
http://img128.imagevenue.com/loc347/..._122_347lo.jpg

credit Battle Franky on Arlong Park

AWSOME chapter
Old 2006-09-13, 13:32   Link #6
noktown

Yeah i liked the chapter too ,i cant wait to see the episode of this chapter which is not going to be released anytime soon
Old 2006-09-13, 18:25   Link #7
DrFuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky
Oda set up the fight b/w luffy and lucci in such a meticulous way (most of them is OK imo).
And then Usopp takes off the mask and Luffy is fired up, and one hit KO-ed Lucci.
So the nakama bonding suddenly fuels up our hero and voila the villain drops dead?
As if we havent seen this in stuff like Saint Seiya or what not before.
Not to mention, not even the Crocodile fight go astrayed in this way. Or Eneru.
And it seems to me Oda is running out of ideas.
Only smells like a recipe of self-destruction.
I disagree... if that fight had gone on any longer, it would have dragged. Besides, there is still that small thing called the Buster Call that everyone has to take care of. If this would have been the utmost end, then I would have agreed with you. It would have been too spiffy.

There are too many questions that are yet to be answered in the following chapters. This means that even though Rob Lucci is defeated, the tension is still there. I dunno, maybe Oda is preventing us from tension burn-out, but before you go into conclusion that he is running out of ideas (which I dont even consider because I believe this was a very good way to end the fight, considering the emotional intangibles), lets give this some chapters to develop. You might be surprised.

I mean, I didnt expect the bloody mermaid...

or the 200 captains...

Who knows, the pigeon might be holding a golden bullet....
Old 2006-09-14, 09:46   Link #8
kari-no-sugata

Ahh, scans available at last.

Hah, Usopp uses a Japanese phrase that always cracks me up a bit, "shini-zokonai". Kinda means "failure at dying" He also is briefly seen using the "nails across the blackboard" thing too, hehe.

Lucci's finally down for good (fight would already have been over if a BC ship hadn't been in the right place at the right time when Luffy went Gear 3 on him). That JET Gattling looked quite painful!
Old 2006-09-14, 11:41   Link #9
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

I...loved it. A lot.
God, Luffy is awesome. Such devotion to friendship!
*starts looking for her nakama*
Old 2006-09-14, 12:50   Link #10
I love waffles!

Did anyone else notice the cameo on the bottom left panel on page 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky
Luffy is fired up, and one hit KO-ed Lucci.
It wasn't 1 hit, it was alot of high speed punches.
Old 2006-09-14, 15:20   Link #11
marvelB

Just finished the chapter. Kickass finisher. I was actually sorta hoping that Luffy would use Gear 3 to finish Lucci, but Jet Gatling is a nice choice, as well. Loved the look on Lucci's face when he had the living hell beat out of him....

As for the rest of the chapter, I loved Usopp's little motivational speech to Luffy. It was just the thing he needed to get back on his feet. Plus, we see how everyone's still able to fight so well against all of those captains (gotta love seeing Usopp using Usopp Noise! XD). But now, there's the main concern of dealing with the rest of the Buster Call (and those VAs)....

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love waffles!
Did anyone else notice the cameo on the bottom left panel on page 2?

You mean this? Yeah, other manga series are supposed to have Kochi Kame crossovers, as well....

Last edited by marvelB; 2006-09-14 at 15:58.
Old 2006-09-14, 16:49   Link #12
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Oh wow this chapter was pure awesome!
I can't remember the last time I was that pumped up reading. Usopp and Luffy's dialouge made me cry a little ;_; I can't believe they're STILL being antagonistic towards each other.

I was in awe of how badass Luffy was in this chapter. I think this was the most serious fight he's ever had. Crocodile was pretty intense too, but this one really surpassed it. Luffy really showed himself to ba a man to feared if you threaten the ones he loves enough. I hope the animated version does it as well as Croc/Luffy. I enjoyed it more than the manga version. Another classical piece, anyone? XD

Thank God the fight is finally over, though. Now we can finally get down to business with stuff like WHAT DID FRANKY DO WITH THE MONEY and whether he's permenently going to join. Oh crap hey still have Buster Call to deal with first.

Quote:
Wha? That's not what happened. Skimming over chapters? Knowing you, you'll probaly get a better reaction when you see the anime version.
Old 2006-09-14, 17:52   Link #13
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I thought it was an amazing chapter, although I don't know how luffy took that last Saidairin Rokuougan from Lucci. But like everyone said it's good that the fight is over because it was getting to be too long and now the strawhats still have the bustercall to deal with! Hopefully we see where Sanji ran off to next week.
Old 2006-09-14, 20:31   Link #14
RogSqdLdr

Hahaha I love it - the return of Ussop noise! The guy wasn't hitting the Marines with Kabuto so he uses a chalkboard as a weapon - Ussop's got style

I'm still amazed Luffy took 3 rokugans in this fight and is still alive - he said that the rokugan was about 10 times as powerful as an impact dial. Like someone pointed out before, that's like taking the damage of a reject dial.

Anyways I'm looking forward to seeing how in the world the Straw Hats escape, what Sanji is doing and where he disappeared to, and seeing how the Giants, Franky family and the shipwrights are faring.
Old 2006-09-14, 21:24   Link #15
TRUTH_Shikamaru

this was a SICK chapter

pumped me up too!
Old 2006-09-14, 21:36   Link #16
yuchan

I don't think luffy was this worn out even in the Eneru and Croc fights was he? He shouldn't be able to move. He took some very solid hits from Lucci. Well, now that the fights are over, they were everything i wanted them to be. Oda didn't disappoint. And how the hell did Ussop get up there?
Old 2006-09-15, 00:03   Link #17
chucky
Always impatient

What?

One Jet Gatling is one hit (why didnt luffy try it before then?). And Lucci just stands there and takes it

Oh well.... it may be too nitpicking to ask Oda to iron out every single detail, but since this fight is the meat of the whole arc, I am not gonna let it off the hook

I have seen the whole chapter already , and it doesnt change my verdict. It is still very lame and lazy, though I admit prolly some of you guys are right -- the fight is too long and about time to end it. And yes, prolly with music and such, anime may work a lot better than manga.

ONE MORE COMPLAINT: I did post the whole translation here once and I got deleted and warned. Why this time it can stay here? I have no prob with deltara at all but it is just a tad.... unfair....
Old 2006-09-15, 00:36   Link #18
regasatanum

Thanks, deltara
Old 2006-09-15, 00:53   Link #19
Slayerx

Overall, i'm glad the fight is over, but i think that ending could have been better... I kinda agree with chucky, this end felt just a tad blah to me... not sure exactly why though... could be a number of things... or i could be nitpicking

For one thing, Jet Gattling as the final move doesn't really work for me, it doesn't have that same climatic feel that single hard attack has... and it also makes me wonder why he never used jet gatling before then... he used a jet version of almost all of his attacks except for gattling which is one of his most damaging attacks... you'd think he would have tried it before...

Then there's that final blow by Luuchi... Ok, Luffy being beaten but still managing to get up and continue fighting, that i'm ok with, but taking yet ANOTHER one of luuchi's most powerful hits and getting up AGAIN, now that's a bit too much imo; not to mention that Luffy got back up so quickly, it's almost like the attack didn't even phase him... what i personally would have prefered is Luffy winding up his strongest Jet rifle/bazzoka, and slaming Luuchi at the same time as getting hit by Luuchi; Luufy being the one to remain conious after the exchange... either that, or a gear 2 and 3 combo =P (but i guess he should save that for latter)

also, it does feel like oda rushed there at the end... didn't even bother to make a panel of Luffy collapsing from that attack and getting back up...
Old 2006-09-15, 01:41   Link #20
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx

For one thing, Jet Gattling as the final move doesn't really work for me, it doesn't have that same climatic feel that single hard attack has... and it also makes me wonder why he never used jet gatling before then... he used a jet version of almost all of his attacks except for gattling which is one of his most damaging attacks... you'd think he would have tried it before...
Same argument:
Why doesn't he do Bazooka/rifle at the beginning of every fight then? -_-

Quote:
Then there's that final blow by Luuchi... Ok, Luffy being beaten but still managing to get up and continue fighting, that i'm ok with, but taking yet ANOTHER one of luuchi's most powerful hits and getting up AGAIN, now that's a bit too much imo; not to mention that Luffy got back up so quickly, it's almost like the attack didn't even phase him...
What? You want to have 5 panels of Luffy just lying there?

[quote]what i personally would have prefered is Luffy winding up his strongest Jet rifle/bazzoka, and slaming Luuchi at the same time as getting hit by Luuchi; Luufy being the one to remain conious after the exchange... either that, or a gear 2 and 3 combo =P (but i guess he should save that for latter)[quote]
Gear 2 and 3 combo would be uber lame. A monstrous super attack with tremendous speed... a bit overpowering. Why don't we just give Luffy the ability to fart a nuke? Hitting each other at the sametime and having only one standing seems a bit too much like a climatic Pokemon battle for me.

Quote:
also, it does feel like oda rushed there at the end... didn't even bother to make a panel of Luffy collapsing from that attack and getting back up...
I agree that it felt a bit rushed for the ending, I half expected Luffy to use another attack after the gattling.
Maybe Luffy didn't collapse from the second attack.

Quote:
One Jet Gatling is one hit (why didnt luffy try it before then?). And Lucci just stands there and takes it
Why didn't Luffy just use Bazooka at the beginning of every fight? Why didn't Sanji just use muton shot? Cause it's a finishing attack, so it has to be used at the end. Lucchi doesn't just "stand there." He turns around surprised to see LUffy still standing, but Luffy has already fired off his Gattling. What does Lucchi do? Tekkai.

Now to give my 2 cents:
Why is Jet Gattling better choice than Jet Bazooka or Jet Rifle?
A regular pistol attack doesn't affect the typical boss on Grand Line, we all noticed this? Gattling is like 1000s of pistols. A bazooka or a rifle is stronger and delivers a strong impact to the opponent. Kinda like being hit by 1000 ants wont hurt as much as a single tiger's paw. But get this: jet pistol is strong enough to get Lucchi to bleed. So tell me this:
1000 tank shots vs a missle/bomb.