AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 30 16.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 25.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 54 29.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 35 19.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 5.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.10%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.55%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-08, 12:15   Link #61
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Not very much happen in the first episode i really didnt expect much except for the love declrations of war by all parties involved. If i had to pick the best thing about the first episode it would have to be the OP and ED.

Both were strong and very virbrant not mention both songs kicked ass. I think i watched the opening twice before i even watched the episode lol. I think animes with strong OP's tend to do better with viewrs because it catches their attention.
Old 2007-10-08, 13:11   Link #62
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Well since its been a really really long time since the first season I can understand why they had to do a recap sort of episode. Even, if I did rewatch the first season to refresh my memory a week before this episode was released -_-....
Old 2007-10-08, 16:20   Link #63
s[H]sIkuA
Drill Drill Drill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Not very much happen in the first episode i really didnt expect much except for the love declrations of war by all parties involved. If i had to pick the best thing about the first episode it would have to be the OP and ED.

Both were strong and very virbrant not mention both songs kicked ass. I think i watched the opening twice before i even watched the episode lol. I think animes with strong OP's tend to do better with viewrs because it catches their attention.
True, I was interested of Lucky Star because of Motteke Sailor Fuku at first, but after watching the show itself, Ive fallen in love with it
Old 2007-10-08, 16:58   Link #64
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Nice first ep to be honest. I didn't feel like a recap to me. Maybe the first 5mins? Not expecting this season like the first one be anything ground shattering, but a new good solid season of Urusai goodness.

About Yuji not hearing it. I don't really mind they are young it's not like they are going to die or should I say vanish(?) anytime soon.

Someone mind posting a quick summary on season one? I am to busy to bother watching it again. :O
Old 2007-10-08, 21:27   Link #65
Panzer Bandit
Serfectly Pober

Going into this season, I was both really excited and really scared. Excited that I finally get to see a second season of Shana, and scared after witnessing the train-wreck that was ZnT 2.

So far, everything looks good, and I'm praying that the extra time between seasons gave the storyboarders ample time to really plan things out. Now, for the episode itself...As a note, I haven't read any of the light novels aside from volume 1, so while everyone keeps hinting that something big will happen, I want to be kept in the dark as much as possible. So please, be liberal with your spoiler tags if you reference the novels.

1. I didn't mind the recap session at all, seeing that it's been over a year since season one ended, and I think they pulled it off without being overly boring. Yuji's analytical skills seem pretty sharp, which kind of carries over from last season. Being one month removed from ZnT 2, I was shuddering at the thought that Saito=Yuji. Thankfully, he's far less lecherous and a lot more intelligent (though he seems just as clueless about romance ). I liked how they reanimated everything too, rather than reusing the old stuff. Nice touch there.

2. One thing I did mind was Yuji not hearing the confession. Bad plot hole... It was too convenient to go down this route, I think. I too would have preferred that they kept the relationship development going. Shana being flustered at Yuji's question was very cute, though.

3. Not that I'd knock the entire episode for this, but did Kugimiya Rie's English get a little worse? I could've sworn she said that line a lot better in the first season...

4. The new Tomogara seems interesting. I'm wondering what she accomplished by sending Yuji off to his dreamworld. Also seems like a pretty powerful ability if she can use it on the Flame Haze as well.

5. Everyone's already mentioned this, but watching this in HD gives me nerdgasms...

All in all, I thought it was a good start to the season. I'm still a little scared, seeing that I thought ZnT 2 had a good start, only to have its plot fall apart at the seams. I honestly think that JC Staff will do a much better job with this, though.

I give it a solid 8 out of 10.
Old 2007-10-08, 21:30   Link #66
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Id give it an 8
I didn't like how it was all flashbacks
but on the good side, the opening was good
We need some Khamsim in this series again
Old 2007-10-08, 21:59   Link #67
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer Bandit View Post
3. Not that I'd knock the entire episode for this, but did Kugimiya Rie's English get a little worse? I could've sworn she said that line a lot better in the first season...
I felt the same. Her pronunciation of "would smell" in particular was really off this time around.
Old 2007-10-09, 00:45   Link #68
Aznbanana

i felt this deserved an 8. like others said before, when the producers decided to make Yuuji unable to hear her confession really ruined it for me. But i loved Alastors reaction
Old 2007-10-09, 01:11   Link #69
godraziert

Gave it a 9. I liked this episode a lot after not being in touch with Shana since the 1st Season ended. It was interesting to see both the new Tomogara's power and how Yuuji was slowly able to comprehend his situation, which actually allowed me to enjoy the flashbacks . . . a great way to recap.

I also liked how they didn't reveal too much about the new Tomogara since it keeps me anticipating her return once more, especially after that little smile/smirk which she gave before disappearing.
Old 2007-10-09, 01:51   Link #70
jukugo
Haruhiist priest trainee

Send a message via AIM to jukugo
I gave it a 9, but it was really more like an 8.5 >_>.

This episode was an example of recap done right, as it refreshed our memories without being long-winded about it and, as an added bonus, it quickly re-establishes Yuuji as a protagonist who is not completely worthless, which I would definitely count as a good thing.

I agree with the above posters about Kugimiya Rie's English, it did sound worse than that scene in the first season. I think it was still good enough to remain decently convincing, though.

As far as Yuuji not hearing Shana's words, I feel like it could turn out to be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on what they do with it from there, which will likely become apparent very quickly. They can only leave it hanging for so long before it becomes silly, so hopefully they'll tie it off quickly.

Also, ZOMG purdy! purdy!

*Ahem*
Old 2007-10-09, 03:41   Link #71
Westlo
Lets be reality

I didn't mind the recapped portion as much as I thought I would, I thought they did it in an interested way. I also didn't mind the reset in the Yuji/Shana relationship because I'll rather it get back on track with the novels.

Get's a 7/10 and it's a nice start, JOINT is the opening of the season thus far and the 1280x720 Eclipse encode is gorgeous.
Old 2007-10-09, 05:08   Link #72
Lilprid
Burn burn burn ^^

http://stage6.divx.com/Limited-Image...BSS-Eclipse%5D SUBBDDDD!
Old 2007-10-09, 05:49   Link #73
arkxkra
全力全開

just watching 1st epsiode, feel ok also, quite similar to season 1, episode 1 take alot of time... but its ok, looking forward to next episdoe.
I feel this time the op and ed is much for better, especially the op.
Old 2007-10-09, 06:55   Link #74
prosnoopy

The first episode was great, loved the OP.
Old 2007-10-09, 09:45   Link #75
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Gave it an 8. Its good but not perfect.

Yet again, 8 was the highest mark that I gave only once throiugh-out the whole ZnT 2 season so I guess not bad start at all.

The only complain - Yuji not hearing Shana's confession sounded bit too forced since you can clearly see that he did hear her confession in season one...

But its not too bad. Besides, you can always watch Zero No Tsukaima season two, if you want to be reminded how do REALLY terribly done episodes look like. After ZnT 2 nothing looks so bad.

I can only be happy that it didnt seem to pick stupidity of ZnT 2 season or perverted overused jokes to create some pathetic comedy.

But let's wait and see how other episodes look like. After All, ZnT 2 seasons first episode wasnt too bad either...And we all know how bad it turned out later.

But since director is not the same as stuck-forever-in-puberty as in Znt 2, it can't be that bad.
Old 2007-10-09, 11:21   Link #76
rozenfreak123
Kanna-chan/Rin-chan Lover

I gave the episode a 6 merely because I was expecting something more dramatic such as the Ball Masque attacking once again and capturing Yuji Sakai but to torture him for insulting Hecate for calling her an empty container.
Old 2007-10-09, 12:07   Link #77
Dark Wing

Obviously this episode was a recap and used to introduce the newest enemy every creative too if I may add. Well I'm just glade we got a season 2 and I'm really looking forward to it because if the anime dose stay true to the novels (let us pray on this one) then Yuji will become stronger able to fight on with his own power. As for the plot hole of "I didn't hear it" I think the JC staff is basically saying it we want it this relationship our way. I can only hope they don't go the way of ZnT2....
Old 2007-10-09, 12:10   Link #78
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozenfreak123 View Post
I gave the episode a 6 merely because I was expecting something more dramatic such as the Ball Masque attacking once again and capturing Yuji Sakai but to torture him for insulting Hecate for calling her an empty container.
that might be expecting a bit much for a first episode... 0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing
I can only hope they don't go the way of ZnT2....
unlike ZnT2, SnS2 has the same production team back as last time. shouldn't be that much to worry about when it comes to a drop in quality.
Old 2007-10-09, 14:37   Link #79
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
WOW i just noticed someone actually rated episode 1 a 1 thats pretty harsh,
Old 2007-10-09, 15:14   Link #80
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I think it was kinda boring, partially because the last thing I wanted to see was a repeat of the first episode of season 1 (after having watched the movie), so as you can see that's my reasoning. The end was very cute though (for me at least) so I'll give it a generous 7/10. I'm sure that it will get better, but I'm just not big on the first.
Closed Thread