AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-02, 06:57   Link #21
Budweineken
Crap

I saw a few minutes of the first episode and it just didnt do it for me... does it actually get any better... or does it continue in the same fashion?
Old 2004-05-02, 07:05   Link #22
Secca
nya`
*Artist

So how does the scoring works? Does the distance where the ball end up to the cup matter? or is it they just score based on how many shots to get into the cup? Because in the anime he had a birdy i think, is that higher score?
Old 2004-05-02, 07:16   Link #23
Budweineken
Crap

The way scoring works is a hole has a par set-up..... par is how many shots are required to make it to the cup...

a birdy is you make it to the cup in one less shot than par... so lets say a hole is par 4... a birdy would be making it in 3....

when you make par... your score is 0 or even... birdy = -1

Winners have the lowest score... negative scores are possible
Old 2004-05-02, 09:51   Link #24
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Thanks for the terms definition, I rewatched it and it makes alot more sense now.

episode 2
Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-02, 09:54   Link #25
Budweineken
Crap

You may also see an eagle... that's two shots under par... and i think that three shots under is called double eagle if i'm not mistaken...
Old 2004-05-26, 05:39   Link #26
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Episode 3. Yuka's group are such rude golfers. Isn't what they were doing kinda cheating?

At the end of the episode 4, I tought Aoba was gona pull off another cool difficult shot. But omg, did he just got hit by the golf ball and looks like in the face too? That looks gona hurt alot.

I didn't know golf is sucha dangerous game.
Old 2004-05-26, 13:01   Link #27
Uska
Guardian of the Seal

Send a message via AIM to Uska Send a message via Yahoo to Uska
Yea they're cheating. Jealous pricks are trying to make Aoba-kun's life impossible :/
Old 2004-05-26, 13:10   Link #28
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Is there no referee or something? They seems to be just playing on their own. They even write their own score. How do you know they not cheating the score?
Old 2004-05-27, 07:41   Link #29
LynnieS

Probably by the honor system... and your opponent will know as well if you take a couple of strokes off of your score.
Old 2004-09-12, 11:58   Link #30
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I just finished watching episode 24 yesterday. I really like this show and definitely have a new respect for golf. I used to think golf is just a boring game for old men, there is no adrenaline or excitement about it, they just hit the ball randomly. ^^;; But after watching this series, it really open my eyes that it takes experience and knowledges to use the terrain. It takes a real skill to be able to hit the ball and it go precisely the way you imagine it. Playing against the terrain is chalanging and where the fun part really is.

The begining of this series was just a warming up, getting know the rules and grass. It really get even better toward the 2nd half of this series, Dan Doh shows his crazy dedication and calculation, he is really a golf genius. ^^

Is episode 24 the last one, I didn't see any preview or is there more?

I like Dan Doh and I hope there is more.
Closed Thread