AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-07-31, 11:10   Link #5801
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
edit: huh? did I miss something? wtf is a "rune knight"???
Hmm, FT wiki's got Rahal and Eve as members, the latter having resigned. When I made the post I had Rahal in mind, with his squad, although I guess I should have said the "4th Custody Enforcement Unit under the newly reformed Magic Council", but rune knights is just so much easier to type :P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 11:11   Link #5802
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

We never got to see it but Happy said Natsu did after Natsu got sick from eating Aetherion, just a bit after the tower of heaven arc. Saying that Natsu got sick from eating Laxus's lightning too.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 11:12   Link #5803
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Hmm, FT wiki's got Rahal and Eve as members, the latter having resigned. When I made the post I had Rahal in mind, with his squad, although I guess I should have said the "4th Custody Enforcement Unit under the newly reformed Magic Council", but rune knights is just so much easier to type :P
and again thx for clarification

though ... who was rahal again? *facepalm*

nm, I'll ask FT wiki
Old 2011-07-31, 17:48   Link #5804
MisterJB
Warden of the West

One chapter, that was all it took to give the torch back to Natsu...
I feel like crying. Why does Mashima insist on trying to ruin this arc?
Old 2011-07-31, 18:15   Link #5805
haegar
mangaviking

do not cry for claymore makes up for the mess Mashima left us with this weekend
instead, worship roxanne in all her twisted splendour
Old 2011-07-31, 19:33   Link #5806
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
We never got to see it but Happy said Natsu did after Natsu got sick from eating Aetherion, just a bit after the tower of heaven arc. Saying that Natsu got sick from eating Laxus's lightning too.
Happy said Natsu eating the lightning made him sick, but didn't mention it powering him up.

Aetherion works because it consists of many elements, but lightning is lightning. There wouldn't be separate dragons for fire and lightning if the elements overlapped.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 09:56   Link #5807
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

This is what I don't like about this series, Natsu always gets a random power up that is going to disappear after the fight is over. Really really lame, he's always as strong as the situation requires him to be. He is not any different than he was in chapter 1, no new moves, no nothing.
Old 2011-08-01, 10:07   Link #5808
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
This is what I don't like about this series, Natsu always gets a random power up that is going to disappear after the fight is over. Really really lame, he's always as strong as the situation requires him to be. He is not any different than he was in chapter 1, no new moves, no nothing.
Fairy Tail needs a training arc.
Old 2011-08-01, 10:29   Link #5809
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

So either Natsu found some way to eat Laxus' lightning which is a stupid ass pull or laxus somehow transferred his power to Natsu (without lightning) which is less an asspull in terms of giving Natsu the power-up but a even bigger ass pull considering that the stronger Erza is there and a much more appropriate target
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 15:08   Link #5810
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Erza is a holder mage, not a caster. Even Gray is a better target for Laxus' lightning transfer.
Old 2011-08-01, 16:51   Link #5811
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Erza could pull a lightning manipulation sword from somewhere and use that. What could Gray do?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 16:57   Link #5812
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yeah. For one counter, as demonstrated by the Battle of Fairy Tail arc. Gray as a caster at least uses the same base type of magic.

But I'd say the main reason Laxus picked Natsu over Erza is that Natsu was the one who ended up beating Laxus. Double team though it may have been, Natsu was the one doing the most of the punching and crunching in that fight.
Old 2011-08-01, 17:08   Link #5813
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Yeah. For one counter, as demonstrated by the Battle of Fairy Tail arc. Gray as a caster at least uses the same base type of magic.
Gray's never been shown to absorb anything, and he manipulates ice.

Erza, OTOH, has no such limit. Her power could explain anything with an appropriate item. Even an upgrade - all she has to do is buy a new sword or armor.
Old 2011-08-01, 17:18   Link #5814
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

True, but Erza requiping an armor that could perfectly absorb and utilize all of Laxus' magic and counter Hades would be just as much an asspull as what's happening now.
Old 2011-08-01, 18:05   Link #5815
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Erza could pull a lightning manipulation sword from somewhere and use that. What could Gray do?
You have evidence she has one? Maybe she does, maybe she doesn't. How is Laxus to know. Natsu in the situation is also on more buddy-buddy relations with Laxus after the stunt that led to him leaving the guild; he also has a reputation of pulling ass-pulls and saving the day which Laxus is probably well aware of.
Old 2011-08-01, 21:56   Link #5816
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
True, but Erza requiping an armor that could perfectly absorb and utilize all of Laxus' magic and counter Hades would be just as much an asspull as what's happening now.
Well she does have that Lightning Empress Armor that reduces the impact of lightning magic, but absorbing elemental magic is still a ways away it seems.
Old 2011-08-02, 00:31   Link #5817
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Yes, but less than Gray doing it, which was my point.

Heck, I'm not sure you can say it's as much as Natsu, either. He isn't the Anything Dragon Slayer.

(But really, the whole Laxus coming there just to be a powerup on legs was silly.)
Old 2011-08-02, 01:26   Link #5818
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
(But really, the whole Laxus coming there just to be a powerup on legs was silly.)
Amen to that.
Old 2011-08-02, 03:55   Link #5819
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Oh definitely. If it happened after a good fight and Hades used some underhanded trick to disable Laxus, okay. But this... meh.

Maybe this is one of those things the anime can fix.
Old 2011-08-02, 05:52   Link #5820
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Oh definitely. If it happened after a good fight and Hades used some underhanded trick to disable Laxus, okay. But this... meh.

Maybe this is one of those things the anime can fix.
true.some hope left. but I really really do think "not doing crappy stunt like this" is one of the things Mashima needs to fix, and badly so ... but I guess its asking too much

Maybe it's not even him and money folks ask him to write shit short and mucho stupid so FT can properly compete with the big three *sarcasm off*

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen