AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-12-25, 13:47   Link #201
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I don't think so since the Dark Knight's job right now is to reclaim Gateway city from the Humans which Archduke Fire Dragon wants.
no!
Archduke will questioned Dark Knight line:
"to protect you with all my might"
...wait a minute.............*warlock whispering something to me*.
oh?
exchange?
good one indeed...

so...Archduke get back Gateway city (demon's) in price of Aurora Island (human's)

Archduke: "my land back to me...but why you're not help Walrus general?"
Dark Knight: "come on, lemme rest will ya?"
Archduke: "ok" * snap the finger*
Dark Knight: "GYAAAA..!! why are you naked?! princess!?...wait! Archduke?! don't leave us alone...You..!"

you know what happened do you?
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 14:20   Link #202
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Hahahah. Funny, but unlikely. Remember, the Archduke doesn't care about the human world. He's just more angry that humans are occupying one of their lands in the demon world.
Old 2012-01-01, 16:29   Link #203
Johnny
Working the bags...

Seen that someone started roughly translating the online novel. I believe it follows the Comp Ace version. Starts a tad before ch 8 and goes to sometime after, but not too far after. Following chapters should be interesting. Not sure if I can post the link, so PM me if you want it...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 17:31   Link #204
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Seen that someone started roughly translating the online novel. I believe it follows the Comp Ace version. Starts a tad before ch 8 and goes to sometime after, but not too far after. Following chapters should be interesting. Not sure if I can post the link, so PM me if you want it...
Huh? A novel follows the manga?
Old 2012-01-01, 17:53   Link #205
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Huh? A novel follows the manga?
I believe it's manga follows LN as this was a LN to begin with(?)

Would love to see how the LN handles all this stuff, would it be a very boring or very interesting read?!
Old 2012-01-01, 18:15   Link #206
Johnny
Working the bags...

Guess I did make it sound that way. Was referring to the fact that out of the several version the LN seems to be the Comp Ace one, or Comp Ace one is following the LN...
Old 2012-01-01, 18:18   Link #207
Xacual

Was that translation about a month or so old? I know someone on 4chan translated a bit and then said he wasn't going to bother doing any more.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 18:23   Link #208
Johnny
Working the bags...

Yeah, I think the update says first week of December. It's not mind blowing material, but yet interesting enough for me...
Old 2012-01-01, 23:16   Link #209
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Was that translation about a month or so old? I know someone on 4chan translated a bit and then said he wasn't going to bother doing any more.
I got a link of those translations. If you guys want, i'll post it here.
Old 2012-01-01, 23:27   Link #210
azziz

Quote:
I got a link of those translations. If you guys want, i'll post it here.
yes,please do so-or pm-me,johnny.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 01:44   Link #211
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Just so you know, before i post the link, these posts have spoilers on what's gonna happen in the next Comp Ace Manga chapter.
Spoiler for plot:
Old 2012-01-03, 00:20   Link #212
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Good news everyone! The Comic Clear and Champion Red manga scanlations of Demon Queen and Hero is out! Also, the spin-off Gaiden scanlation will be coming out soon. Enjoy!
Old 2012-01-03, 22:16   Link #213
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Reading the Comic Clear version, it was pretty much the same as the Comp Ace version, except the beginning part with the hero kicking ass. I don't know why, but the CC translation felt like it tried too hard to NOT sound exactly like the CA version, rewording things in a different way that kinda felt...off. I'll still keep reading it, just in case the CC version scanlations get past the CA ones =03.

The Hero in the CC version reminds me of the Ryu from Breath of Fire kinda;
Spoiler for BoF ryu pic:

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 01:19   Link #214
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Man a series with soooo many adaptations you'd think something would go wrong somewhere but so far I've found none, they have all been very good reads.
In particular the 4-koma is hilarious
Old 2012-01-04, 03:21   Link #215
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Apparently someone change the TVTropes page for The Demon Queen and The Hero to it's original Japanese title "Maoyuu Maou Yuusha".

I got no problem with it. The problem i have is the person who mostly edited the page insist we should call the Demon Queen her original Japanese name "Maou" since "Demon Queen" might not be correct.

First of all, we all call the main female character the Demon Queen and to suddenly ask that now we call her Maou is absurd since "Maou" has been used in a lot of mangas/animes and not all of them have the same translation but it is accepted by the fandom. (eg.Kyou Kara Maou: Demon King, Shina Dark: Satan, Superior: Demon Queen.)

So your opinion guys, should we call her by her original Japanese name or the one we all know?
Old 2012-01-04, 03:30   Link #216
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

The 4-koma Demon Queen is funny. If you can't argue it, moe it.

Quote:
So your opinion guys, should we call her by her original Japanese name or the one we all know?
I'm fine with the translation. It's a bit like translating Shinigami as "Grim Reaper" when it is more story-appropriate (as opposed to the literal "Death God"). Maybe the translation doesn't convey the exact sense of the word, in its full nuances, but a translation is always going to have that problem, and given that the title isn't exactly being used for a telling of a native Japanese myth, but rather through the filter of a Westernesque, Dragon Quest-ish Medieval fantasy...

Moreover, it is more consistent given that we're not using "Yuusha" but Hero, Female Knight, Mage, Merchant, Winter King, etc.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 06:25   Link #217
Belgaesh

Quote:
I have no problem with it, either way I prefer this better. I'm already quite accustomed with the use o japanese names, like Maou.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 08:15   Link #218
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Absolutely "Demon Queen". Because "Demon King" is silly, and all other characters are called by their functions, too. Her function is clearly the ruler of the Demons, hence Demon Queen.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 16:19   Link #219
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Apparently someone change the TVTropes page for The Demon Queen and The Hero to it's original Japanese title "Maoyuu Maou Yuusha".

I got no problem with it. The problem i have is the person who mostly edited the page insist we should call the Demon Queen her original Japanese name "Maou" since "Demon Queen" might not be correct.

First of all, we all call the main female character the Demon Queen and to suddenly ask that now we call her Maou is absurd since "Maou" has been used in a lot of mangas/animes and not all of them have the same translation but it is accepted by the fandom. (eg.Kyou Kara Maou: Demon King, Shina Dark: Satan, Superior: Demon Queen.)

I could have sworn it was"Demon Lord" in the translations

but maybe that's just my brain on auto filter mode.

Maou in your typical Japanese RPG is always Demon Lord, but Demon Queen works.

The question here is the demon lord being a woman common knowledge or not?
Maou has a gender neutral connotation in its original context, so it might come up as plot point where character xxx didn't realize that it was a woman all along.

Demon Lord, IMO, has a more gender neutral connotation as well.

But this comes from someone who has played Sengoku Rance and Monmusu Quest

What's in a title?

"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2012-01-04 at 16:38.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 17:06   Link #220
Athena
The Power of One

In the tiny bit of translation I made, I chose to use Maou. First of all because I was too lazy to put up "Demon Queen" or "Demon Lord", but also in case there's a connotation I do not know of. For example, if you translate "Youkai" into "Monster", both word could mean the same, but have different connotations. Same thing here.

BTW, Key Board, what's the image you posted?

Tags
adventure, economics, fantasy, romance, threesome