AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-30, 16:44   Link #61
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I say the GOP doesn't *want* to fix the problem - if they did they wouldn't be proposing solutions that most neutral audits say makes things worse for the country and the general public. What the GOP proposes simply makes things better for the 0.01% and tosses in some hot button social issues for the witchburning faction. They are blathering things about what the country needs (leadership (Fearless Leader), so-called christian values (extremist)) yet the actual plans, policies, and bills they present continue to accelerate the damage they've already done.

When the Congressional Budget Office and a small army of independent accounting analysts are calling bullshit when they fact check.... it really *isn't* the same on both sides.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-08-30 at 17:10.
Old 2012-08-30, 16:56   Link #62
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
One basic thing I've noticed is that people on both sides of the political arguements think the other side is misinformed. it is becoming cronic that the right wing voters thing the left wing voters are out of touch with reality and the left wing voters think the same of the right wing voters.
Well, sure, that's what both sides think. But that doesn't mean that both sides are equally wrong.

Just because the GOP accuse Dems of what they are themselves doing, doesn't make them the same. The GOP is the side that is now, just telling lies in public because they don't care anymore.
Old 2012-08-30, 18:09   Link #63
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Here there be copypasta for those of you too lazy to go crash reddit's server again:

All credit goes to Biinaryy of reddit whose post I plagiarized, and, uh, Barack Obama and his campaign. Go upvote them or something.

Spoilers
Spoiler for Mr. President's Q&A on reddit
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

If you missed out, Barack Obama did an IAMA on "the front page of the internet" for 30 minutes. That NOT BAD thing at the end is an acknowledgment of this meme, so definitely someone on the Obama team knows this "internets" stuff. Not bad.

He didn't exactly answer the tough questions, it was basically just a campaign stop to energize the one voting base that won him the last one. It worked. People went wild, the website crashed, you know the deal. You've missed him these four years, wondered where the hell he's gone: Election mode Obama is back.

He's not my kind of leftist -- he's not even leftist (lol) -- but I'm actually kind of happy, if only because he's the only man standing between this country and the GOP, and we need him in top form. GOP, YOU SHALL NOT PASS.
Old 2012-08-30, 18:20   Link #64
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
GOP, YOU SHALL NOT PASS.

NOT SO FAST !!!

New computer simulation model from University of Colorado predicts a Romney SMACK DOWN over B. Hussein 0bama in all key swing-states (except Colorado)

... even that flamming lib-tard Michael Moore concedes to Romney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moore

People Should Start to Practice the Words 'President Romney'
Old 2012-08-30, 18:24   Link #65
GDB

Sounds more like a dream you had. Are you sure it wasn't a dream you had? Or was the dream merely believing it would come to pass?
Old 2012-08-30, 18:24   Link #66
Kyuu
=^^=

Wow. I had a field day in the "discussion" here, using my skills... @ trolling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZipUINVXIc
Old 2012-08-30, 18:29   Link #67
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
NOT SO FAST !!!
Dude, even for your usual trolling, this is weak.

0/10 would not respond again.
Old 2012-08-30, 18:31   Link #68
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
NOT SO FAST !!!

New computer simulation model from University of Colorado predicts a Romney SMACK DOWN over B. Hussein 0bama in all key swing-states (except Colorado)

... even that flamming lib-tard Michael Moore concedes to Romney!

I prefer using 538's Poll aggregation and it's still showing President Obama with a slight lead in the Popular Vote.

As for actual statistical simulation models:

Quote:
Scenario Analysis
How often the following situations occurred during repeated simulated elections.

Electoral College tie (269 electoral votes for each candidate) 0.3%
Recount (one or more decisive states within 0.5 percentage points) 6.5%
Obama wins popular vote 69.0%
Romney wins popular vote 31.0%
Obama wins popular vote but loses electoral college 1.8%
Romney wins popular vote but loses electoral college 3.1%
Obama landslide (double-digit popular vote margin) 6.7%
Romney landslide (double-digit popular vote margin) 1.0%
Map exactly the same as in 2008 1.3%
Map exactly the same as in 2004 <0.1%
Obama loses at least one state he carried in 2008 92.6%
Obama wins at least one state he failed to carry in 2008 19.0%
Although Electorally it all comes down to Ohio and Virginia. Seriously the Electoral College System is very archaic IMO. Unless it becomes Proportional in distributing delegates instead of "Winner take all" it's bad for citizens in general due to the "Safe States" effect.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Old 2012-08-30, 18:36   Link #69
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Although Electorally it all comes down to Ohio and Virginia. Seriously the Electoral College System is very archaic IMO. Unless it becomes Proportional in distributing delegates instead of "Winner take all" it's bad for citizens in general due to the "Safe States" effect.
While I agree it's archaic and needs to be changed... I'm in no hurry to be spammed by campaign commercials for 3 or 4 months straight.
Old 2012-08-30, 18:37   Link #70
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Sounds more like a dream you had.

See that scoreboard that HuffPost keeps in their front page? Take a last good look @ it and savor it while it lasts cause the end game is already called by UC... it will be like ENIAC called it for IKE!
Old 2012-08-30, 18:39   Link #71
GDB

I think I figured out your problem. You think this is a game with no real consequences, like the Olympics.
Old 2012-08-30, 18:43   Link #72
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Though it makes you wonder if the cooked the electronic books ahead of time so it will match their front page.
Old 2012-08-30, 19:01   Link #73
flying ^

Quote:
I prefer using 538's Poll aggregation
... straight from a closeted lib rag

OF COURSE NYT's calling hoping praying for at least a narrow win! NYT is so lib that outgoing editor in chief called 'em out it. Progressive worldview bleeds throught NYT. NYT staff stop trying to hide & pretend... be more like WSJ!

Last edited by flying ^; 2012-08-30 at 20:06.
Old 2012-08-30, 19:02   Link #74
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
See that scoreboard that HuffPost keeps in their front page? Take a last good look @ it and savor it while it lasts cause the end game is already called by UC... it will be like ENIAC called it for IKE!
I am glad you post here. It confirms what we already know and what we are up against.

I can't stop you living in a fantasy. I just wish your country doesn't have nuclear weapons; I would trust Iran with nukes more than the GOP at the moment.
Old 2012-08-30, 19:06   Link #75
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
... straight from a lib rag

OF COURSE NYT's calling hoping praying for a 0bama to narrowly win! NYT is so lib that outgoing editor in chief called 'em out it. Progressive worldview bleeds throught NYT. Stop trying to pretend... be more like WSJ!
Why in the world would you want Romney to win? I assume you are not the typical right wing nut who is uneducated and lacks the capability to think critically.

I will not be surprised if you don't reply to my post
Old 2012-08-30, 19:10   Link #76
flying ^

Quote:
College System is very archaic IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
While I agree it's archaic and needs to be changed.

geez... just how UNAmerican you and your ilk can get with such suggestion!? That very system is what made USA..... USA. Such dangerous suggestion is akin to calling for a bloody revolution (bad!). What USA needs is RESTORATION (good!)

Last edited by flying ^; 2012-08-30 at 19:22.
Old 2012-08-30, 19:18   Link #77
Lightning_Wing

The college system that was present in the early days of America and the current system are not the same. While I personally may not use archaic, it does need changed.
Old 2012-08-30, 19:21   Link #78
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
flying,

Okay I play, so what one thing you like about Romney and how do you think that he can change America and be honest because I think there is nothing he can do right now.
Old 2012-08-30, 19:52   Link #79
GDB

Quote:
geez... just how UNAmerican you and your ilk can get with such suggestion!? That very system is what made USA..... USA. Such dangerous suggestion is akin to calling for a bloody revolution (bad!). What USA needs is RESTORATION (good!)
The American way is to fix what's broken, not cling to ancient ways just because that's how it was done. Refusing to adapt, and as such impede civil liberties and common sense, is what's truly unamerican.
Old 2012-08-30, 19:56   Link #80
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
... straight from a closeted lib rag

OF COURSE NYT's calling hoping praying for at least a narrow win! NYT is so lib that outgoing editor in chief called 'em out it. Progressive worldview bleeds throught NYT. NYT staff top trying to hide & pretend... be more like WSJ!
Ah, I see our poster child has shown up. Ya'll carry on.