AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-14, 07:10   Link #1721
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Mission accomplished. =D

Took it for a test drive before I go decking it out to use for real and surprisingly not a bad game with 3 kills and 3 spots with it completely stock, only negative thing (that I knew in advance) is the high repair charge if its destroyed which will likely lead to some frustration but so far I like it !

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 07:52   Link #1722
Sumeragi
Banned

Until I get over 52% victory rate, I am never ever going to platoon. Please don't invite me.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 07:54   Link #1723
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Forgot to take a screenshot, but forgot how trolltastic the M4A3E8 was. Got Mastery Badge 2nd class on my first match with it despite being stock save for the 76mm gun. That KV-1 was probably surprised when I started tracking him over that rock wall that I was high enough to shoot over. Can't wait to be able to circlestrafe in it again once I get all its modules

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 12:27   Link #1724
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Oh hey, it looks like we're back to the default garages. Oh, and I noticed that, yes, if your vehicle has Winter camo it's apparently the pattern you first see after you first log in. Hmm, my Sherman sure looks weird in all-white, but I oh-so love the Soviet non-speckled pattern.
Old 2013-01-14, 12:47   Link #1725
willx
Nyaaan~~

Speaking of stats -- oh dear, I was just looking at my 24 hr stats. I was ~54% win rate with >1100 efficiency over 50 games .. and then I started focusing on leveling the M7, T21 and Leopard .. and all of a sudden it has plummeted down to ~48% and ~850 efficiency. The scout vehicle grinds are just brutal on your stats.

It hurts .. it huuuurts. It creates an urge in me to never grind scout vehicles and only play "best of tier" vehicles fully equipped via free xp .. it's counter to what I actually want to accomplish and it's annoying.

PS: I just had a game yesterday where someone loudly complained I should quit the game before the match even started because I was top tier but had a low efficiency rating -- we won the match and I stalled 4 enemy heavies while my team capped.
Old 2013-01-14, 13:35   Link #1726
Gravitas Free Zone

Regarding the whole problem with the Heavy Destruction Weekend ending sooner than expected...

"Super Brawl Weekend" seems rather nice.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 14:05   Link #1727
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Took it for a test drive before I go decking it out to use for real and surprisingly not a bad game with 3 kills and 3 spots with it completely stock, only negative thing (that I knew in advance) is the high repair charge if its destroyed which will likely lead to some frustration but so far I like it !
Oh, you are going to love and hate this tank. I grind it for future tournaments, but to keep this lil' roller alive is a challenge. Once I upgraded that turret (into something really large), I am met with Tier X matches consistently...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 14:14   Link #1728
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Until I get over 52% victory rate, I am never ever going to platoon. Please don't invite me.
man, I wonder whose fault that was.

Quote:
Speaking of stats -- oh dear, I was just looking at my 24 hr stats. I was ~54% win rate with >1100 efficiency over 50 games .. and then I started focusing on leveling the M7, T21 and Leopard .. and all of a sudden it has plummeted down to ~48% and ~850 efficiency. The scout vehicle grinds are just brutal on your stats.
yeah, scouts are not really good for your efficiency, especially the ones that don't go so fast and thus don't get a lot of spotting damage. The best you can do in a t10 battle is tag along with your comrades and act as a mobile "shoot@me" billboard. It may save your team that E100 or IS4, who knows. People like to shoot stuff that they know they can pen.

And about the xvmtards' complaints, I hate to say it but if your team is full of red and orange and theirs yellow and green, they are probably going to win. But if someone rips on your individually, just prove them wrong.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 14:15   Link #1729
Sumeragi
Banned

It's just a reoccurring thing. Every time I platoon I fall into a below 30% W/R for that particular time.
Old 2013-01-14, 14:23   Link #1730
LeoXiao
思想工作

It's weird since I tend to get more xp and higher effic when platooning at higher tiers. I helped a guy get 7 kills in his T-54 twice (his two absolute best games in that tank) and my own scores in those rounds weren't bad either. Some peoples' luck just varies I guess.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 14:46   Link #1731
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
It's just a reoccurring thing. Every time I platoon I fall into a below 30% W/R for that particular time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
It's weird since I tend to get more xp and higher effic when platooning at higher tiers. I helped a guy get 7 kills in his T-54 twice (his two absolute best games in that tank) and my own scores in those rounds weren't bad either. Some peoples' luck just varies I guess.
I find platoons to be more "streaky" both on the up side and on the down side. When Tak and 12ice (sidebar: I know it's "Twelve Ice" but I always just read it "Rice") were platooning recently, we were on quite a tear of a win streak. I recall quite a few win streaks with Sume as well a while back. Then again, I also recall a series of terrible losing streaks that has made me want to stick my head in a block of ice.. Maybe confidence and frustration are contagious and magnified?

PS: I also think with the greater reliability of ventrilo usage for voicechats (even just being able to listen in) our performance tends to go up, in particular, with higher tiered vehicles -- constant communication and a slower(ish) move speed makes people calmer and more methodical, as well as obviously better coordinated. It's a theory anyway, but when I used to play other team-based games like LoL and DOTA, we definitely won more when we were constantly communicating.
Old 2013-01-14, 14:54   Link #1732
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Yep, ever since vent came into play, we have indefinitely improved our coordination. With 12ice and Wil, we were able to score wins after wins after wins after... well, you get the drill. Tanks just have to work together. Since 12ice is a Tiger, he trails behind us a few paces so he could perform what he does best, that is to snipe, while Wil and my IS draw fire from enemy tanks.

Works out wonderfully.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 15:26   Link #1733
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

You gotta love the PZ III/IV. Speed & agility of a light tank, and power of a medium.

That battle was lost from the beginning, XVM only show a 6% of victory. Buuuuut, the crusader, priest & me turned the battle on our favor. specially when we were only the three of us against 6 of them.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 15:58   Link #1734
Sumeragi
Banned

What rank do you have for the mastery badge?
Old 2013-01-14, 17:08   Link #1735
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Ace tanker IIRC, I have it since a long time ago. In fact I always get over 700xp with pz3/4 on a good battle (1 kill, 2 dmgs). I use the tank mostly to go after the enemy arty, or to give the last shot to an escaping enemy when my allies can't pursue or to scout/counterscout depending of the sutiation.
Old 2013-01-14, 19:18   Link #1736
Sumeragi
Banned

9 enemies damaged, 5 kills, and reset for victory:

This is the kind of game I should be playing all the time.
Old 2013-01-14, 19:20   Link #1737
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Just picked up the big boy turret and gun for the chaffee so it looks like a real beast now.

Just need to train the crew and mount some bolt on modules.

Edit: Tak the game that screenshot was from was full of 9's and 10's... but I managed to survive with 9hp which still left a costly repair bill

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 19:50   Link #1738
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The Chaffee and its commie counterpart the T-50-2 both have high repair costs to counterbalance their roles as high-end scouts. Especially the latter's role as an end-tier annoyance (really, leaving it alive is a BAD idea as it spots like crazy), I think it's merited.
Old 2013-01-14, 20:37   Link #1739
Sumeragi
Banned

Repair costs are related to HP, although there is a multiplier.
Old 2013-01-14, 22:36   Link #1740
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

@Sumeragi
Definitely, repairs for a tier 5 scout is the same as a tier 8 tank. The T-50-2 as example, 8.5k-9k are always taken of full repairing the tank if is destroyed.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks