AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-04-25, 06:53   Link #781
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
wat? Fighting over a $80 figure? And like Vexx said, who doesn't preorder Japanese figures? Yui was up for reservation for months, and these guy brawl the day of release. That, coupled with the stereotypical idea of two nerds fighting stupily, made me think "Losers!" when I read this.
Like I posted in the manga thread, there seems to be a small group of people who somehow manage to be obsessed enough to get highly upset about these kind of things, but at the same time not interested enough to get hold of things at the earliest possible moment (in this case, by preordering).
Old 2010-04-25, 18:53   Link #782
Kudryavka

Whew, another Alter Mio? Though her face looks nice, unlike Uplark's take on school festival Mio.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 22:47   Link #783
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
I still don't get what the fangasm is about over Mio's school festival costume, but I'll probably be a sucker and buy it anyway because the figure overall is too cute, and just one Alter Mio figure isn't enough for me...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 23:03   Link #784
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Manufacturers are waring. One has the shy pose the other has the smiling one.

They're war our money! They manufacturers win all the time.

From VOLKS

Series: K-ON!
Material: PVC
Scale: 1/7
Release date: TBA 2010
Price: 7,140 yen <<< with tax
Old 2010-04-25, 23:04   Link #785
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
I still don't get what the fangasm is about over Mio's school festival costume, but I'll probably be a sucker and buy it anyway because the figure overall is too cute, and just one Alter Mio figure isn't enough for me...
I think it's because it's the closest third party companies can get to a Mio in Don't Say Lazy attire, an outfit which KyoAni is hoarding for themselves. An independent artist, Teru Yuki, was going to make a DSL Mio for WonFes, but changed the outfit to the school festival one because KyoAni allegedly claimed copyright on the DSL outfit and forbade him from using it. Just imagine what KyoAni would do to a bigshot company like Alter or GSC...
Before and After:
-->
Old 2010-04-25, 23:17   Link #786
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Before I go.

Main character and popular characters.

Old 2010-04-25, 23:49   Link #787
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
I think it's because it's the closest third party companies can get to a Mio in Don't Say Lazy attire, an outfit which KyoAni is hoarding for themselves. An independent artist, Teru Yuki, was going to make a DSL Mio for WonFes, but changed the outfit to the school festival one because KyoAni allegedly claimed copyright on the DSL outfit and forbade him from using it. Just imagine what KyoAni would do to a bigshot company like Alter or GSC...
I'm not talking about any licensing issues, I'm just talking about the personal tastes of fans...I can probably see the majority of the Mio fanbase going ape-S and buying that figure on the basis of the school festival costume alone, where while as a Mio fan myself, I have a more modest personal taste finding the simple school uniform Mio the best ever for a Mio figure...But even with all that, I'll probably cave in and buy it anyway after some minor reluctance, not because of my indifference to the costume design, but because the overall design is that much more adorable, even for a Mio figure...I probably wouldn't even bother considering the purchase if it wasn't for that...

Good grief, why should I bother with a savings account if I'm going to be spending my income on things like this anyway?
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 09:02   Link #788
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
<snip>
Azunyan.

Must

Have.

ABSOLUTELY! (starts to eat instant noodles everyday).

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 08:08   Link #789
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

More Azusa.

Same maker as the Tsumugi doll.
Old 2010-05-01, 08:23   Link #790
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well at least it's less creepy than the Mugi one. *whew!*
Actually, this one is much MUCH better than the Mugi one.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 08:28   Link #791
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
wat? Fighting over a $80 figure? And like Vexx said, who doesn't preorder Japanese figures?
I suspect people looking into scalping the merch. You know, the sort that'll post this stuff on YJA/eBay with an exuberant mark-up. They may have only caught wind of it because of the second season.

@kenjiharima:
Okay, now that is an Azone I genuinely like. The other ones look weird with those shoulders, where Azunyan actually looks just right.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 10:33   Link #792
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
I suspect people looking into scalping the merch. You know, the sort that'll post this stuff on YJA/eBay with an exuberant mark-up. They may have only caught wind of it because of the second season.
That's an interesting theory.... occasionally you'll hear reports about "fans break into street brawl over tickets" to an event only to find it was some thuggy scalpers interfering with each other when it actually gets to court.
Old 2010-05-01, 13:11   Link #793
Kudryavka

Quote:
More Azusa.

Same maker as the Tsumugi doll.
Azone, right? I like how their dolls are really affordable, at least for BJDs. Before I knew they were 1/6 scale.

I'm really itching for that guitar, though. I wonder if Azone sells accessories separately.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2010-05-01 at 13:38.
Old 2010-05-09, 11:06   Link #794
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Mio's turn.

Azone you know the drill....
Old 2010-05-09, 11:26   Link #795
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Mio's turn.

Azone you know the drill....
Shimapan! Lift the skirt! Lift the skirt!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 20:04   Link #796
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Huzzah! first!

Face is, well yeah... But the costume!! >_<

Spoiler for :

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Mckendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 05:02   Link #797
Eak
One angry cloud.

I am going to on a limb and say that those who physically fought after the figures would fall into the extreme otaku category.. :P

That being said, in my experience of seeing these extreme otakus there's a striking number of people who pre-ordered it but go to the stores and or launches to buy another one.. Similar to the kind of people who buy like 10 of the same thing...
Eak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 00:43   Link #798
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ahhh!!! Yui

http://www.amazon.com/K-Summer-Speci...N%3DB0038ZLY7C
Old 2010-05-19, 05:38   Link #799
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckendrick View Post
Huzzah! first!

Face is, well yeah... But the costume!! >_<

[pic]
That figure is epic win.
EDIT:
Spoiler for big:

WTH, K-ON copter!?

EDIT2:

K-On USS Kitty Hawk
K-On really is everywhere. At least I can imagine the band using a heli for getting into a concert but a super carrier!?

Last edited by krko; 2010-05-19 at 05:56.
krko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 08:25   Link #800
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
That figure is epic win.
EDIT:
Spoiler for big:

WTH, K-ON copter!?

EDIT2:

K-On USS Kitty Hawk
K-On really is everywhere. At least I can imagine the band using a heli for getting into a concert but a super carrier!?
Rule of Cool at work here.