Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-08, 10:24   Link #21
Hisoka44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichido reichan
-Digital anime era (2000-2004) the time we are now, with all the anime done via computers and almost all the shows doesnt use cells to animate, and the fans got lazy and cheap that they dont want to pay anymore for anime, they just download now. the titles of this era are known for everybody but special mention to Naruto, Full metal alchemist, Peacemaker Kurogane and Hajime no Ippo.
sure, alot of anime use computers now but there is still some nice left as Inuyasha perhaps'? completly cellshaded, no computers. very good anime ^_^

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-09-20 at 20:42.
Old 2004-09-20, 20:10   Link #22
Kawaii_tsunami
Apprentice Timer

The first anime show?? astroboy??

My friend's doing a project on anime and manga while im doing it on fansubbing ^^!! yaya...
um..anyways bak to the point,
he says that astroboy was the first anime and manga ever.......i dont think so....
so..if anyone out there *takes binoculars and sees lots of pros knowing alot more than me about anime* could tell me a few anime and manga series' that were there before astroboy i'd appreciated it (hehe...im gonna bet him $1 that im right.....so yea..thanks)

thanks.....KAWAII!!.....

oh yea..one more question.........when i try timing it goes at 10 fps when i finish and save it....is that too slow?? cuz everytime i play it on vlc it just turns up black...which is bad..cuz i wana learn to be a timer..and im not having good progress.....or if anyone could direct me to the place that would tell me....i'd be happy!!

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-09-20 at 20:44. Reason: Threads merged
Old 2004-09-20, 20:32   Link #23
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
Actually, an anime called Manga Calendar is older. (It is the same thing as Astro Boy, only Astro Boy is the new name, Manga Calendar is the old.)
Old 2004-09-20, 20:50   Link #24
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii_tsunami
My friend's doing a project on anime and manga while im doing it on fansubbing ^^!! yaya...
um..anyways bak to the point,
he says that astroboy was the first anime and manga ever.......i dont think so....
so..if anyone out there *takes binoculars and sees lots of pros knowing alot more than me about anime* could tell me a few anime and manga series' that were there before astroboy i'd appreciated it (hehe...im gonna bet him $1 that im right.....so yea..thanks)

thanks.....KAWAII!!.....

oh yea..one more question.........when i try timing it goes at 10 fps when i finish and save it....is that too slow?? cuz everytime i play it on vlc it just turns up black...which is bad..cuz i wana learn to be a timer..and im not having good progress.....or if anyone could direct me to the place that would tell me....i'd be happy!!
Well, since this question has already been answered,and answered very well, by our greatest expert on anime history, the renouned kj1980, I have merged your humble thread into the thread where he gave us all a lesson on what the first anime actually were and how they came to be so that you and others can once again read his dissertation and learn from it.

Wow, that's my best run-on sentence EVER!

Please see post #7 of this thread for the awesome answer.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-09-20, 21:53   Link #25
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Actually, it is a misnomer to define "Momotaro no Shinpei" as the first anime. As described in my post #7 on this thread, Japanese anime history can be traced back even further.

Keeping aside the original Edo roots of Ukiyoe pictures and lithographs, what can be construed as being "animated" then can be taken from this post that I have posted on a different thread:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...3&postcount=12
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...9&postcount=17
Old 2004-09-22, 05:18   Link #26
Thursday
Astronomic Bluesman

Send a message via MSN to Thursday
Thanks a lot for that interesting information kj.

To be honest, I haven't really watched anything that old. One of the oldest movies I have seen though, would be The Adventures of Hols, Prince of the Sun (Taiyou no Ouji Horusu no Daibouken.) Actually, all the old movies I have seen is by some kind of Pre-Ghibli group that includes either Miyazaki or Takahata. Lupin III (both TV and 'The Castle Of Cagliostro') is from early -70, so, I guess that is pretty old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1989
Actually, it is a misnomer to define "Momotaro no Shinpei" as the first anime. As described in my post #7 on this thread, Japanese anime history can be traced back even further.
Yeah, and honestly... No one may never know exactly which anime was made first. What we should be able to acknowledge, though, would be which anime that was first to be shown in the cinema's.
Closed Thread