AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 46 35.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 31.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 9.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.29%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.76%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 5.34%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-23, 03:24   Link #101
Joachim
et tu, brute?

im crossing my finger to my hiromi x shin prediction (which is a lil bit wavering when i watch this episode, like its all going on direction of noe x shin)

@usagijen: what if something like this happen in episode 13

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-23, 03:56   Link #102
Stretch5920

No one seems to be mentioning that Shin rewrote the ending to his story this ep, since he didn't like the Jibeta tries to fly and dies ending.
Old 2008-03-23, 03:57   Link #103
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
what if something like this happen in episode 13
Spoiler:
For reference, Episode 1:
Spoiler for Shinichirou in Episode 1:
What's Shinichirou's dream? What was Noe's role in helping him fulfill that dream? So, where do Shinichirou's feelings truly lie? Why, then, did he need to go see Noe?

If you ask me, at least, there's nothing OMGWTFBBQ about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
No one seems to be mentioning that Shin rewrote the ending to his story this ep, since he didn't like the Jibeta tries to fly and dies ending.
Irony, foreshadowing, or both? You decide! But seriously, it was pretty clear he was going to re-write the ending after last episode, since even he thought that ending was bad. It didn't represent his true feelings.
Old 2008-03-23, 04:18   Link #104
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Well I have a few thoughts on this
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sailor Enlil; 2008-03-23 at 05:39.
Old 2008-03-23, 04:51   Link #105
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
I forgot to mention that. You're right. Well, it was obvious Shin would change it. Jibeta dies, and Raigomaru finds out that he's just an ordinary meek chicken (Shin's just an ordinary harem character). The picturebook ended so bland and awkwardly.

I feel kind of silly for not accepting this sooner, but if Raigomaru's flight represents Shin being able to love Noe---then I guess ShinxNoe is sealed judging from

Spoiler for ep13:

It makes sense to me after all, between the picturebook and Hiromi's drama, I feel the show focuses more on the picturebook, concept of flight, and Raigomaru.

Last edited by ani_d; 2008-03-23 at 05:11.
Old 2008-03-23, 05:27   Link #106
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
For reference, Episode 1:
Spoiler for Shinichirou in Episode 1:
What's Shinichirou's dream? What was Noe's role in helping him fulfill that dream? So, where do Shinichirou's feelings truly lie? Why, then, did he need to go see Noe?

If you ask me, at least, there's nothing OMGWTFBBQ about it.

Irony, foreshadowing, or both? You decide! But seriously, it was pretty clear he was going to re-write the ending after last episode, since even he thought that ending was bad. It didn't represent his true feelings.
actually it is a positive OMGWTFBBQ, made me choke upside down in happiness, if you catch it in other way around then its not
Old 2008-03-23, 06:23   Link #107
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Spoiler for Thoughts for 12:
Old 2008-03-23, 06:59   Link #108
zAKai

Spoiler for Hrm....:
Old 2008-03-23, 07:25   Link #109
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
I forgot to mention that. You're right. Well, it was obvious Shin would change it. Jibeta dies, and Raigomaru finds out that he's just an ordinary meek chicken (Shin's just an ordinary harem character). The picturebook ended so bland and awkwardly.

I feel kind of silly for not accepting this sooner, but if Raigomaru's flight represents Shin being able to love Noe---then I guess ShinxNoe is sealed judging from

Spoiler for ep13:

It makes sense to me after all, between the picturebook and Hiromi's drama, I feel the show focuses more on the picturebook, concept of flight, and Raigomaru.
Wow. Thanks for clicking it into me (I am slow ).

Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-03-23, 07:45   Link #110
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
can i have nobuse and aiko as the male and female lead now? my respect to nobuse (call him a loser or what, but he is the one who didn't stray from the one he loved) >>>> my respect to shin (the good guy, bagh)
And if Nobuse was the lead you would more than likely be whining about him and wishing his best friend Shin was the lead Because everything that pissing you off about Shin comes with being the main character in a show like this. Aside from the lead of the Korean manhwa Unbalance X Unbalance (Jin ho ftw!) I really doubt their is a harem lead that people can generally like and not bitch about.

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-03-23 at 07:59.
Old 2008-03-23, 15:10   Link #111
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
And if Nobuse was the lead you would more than likely be whining about him and wishing his best friend Shin was the lead Because everything that pissing you off about Shin comes with being the main character in a show like this. Aside from the lead of the Korean manhwa Unbalance X Unbalance (Jin ho ftw!) I really doubt their is a harem lead that people can generally like and not bitch about.
I have to agree. The way the show is set up there never was a clean way for Shin to resolve the situation, whereas Nobuse only has a one way street with Ai. I know everyone would like to keep things simple since most people are fans of either ShinxHiromi or ShinxNoe, but this situation has been extremely messy ever since Shin misunderstood Hiromi's intent in answering her friend's question. Since the Shin/Jun pact that spawned shortly thereafter, Shin has had both Hiromi and Noe in his heart in a sense, so he does feel responsible for what both of them have been going through.

The problem is that he wasn't able to find a simple answer to what he said about doing things properly simply because the complex triangle defies a clean, simple resolution.
Old 2008-03-23, 23:24   Link #112
SnEptUne

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
MUHAHAHAHAHA *dies laughing*
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep12:

Two 1 ratings...
Not completely surprised, though.
Spoiler:

Last edited by SnEptUne; 2008-03-24 at 00:05.
Old 2008-03-24, 00:17   Link #113
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Wow. Thanks for clicking it into me (I am slow ).

Spoiler:

You're welcome. ^__________^ Well, if you will reread my previous post, you will actually see that I added the word "if" somewhere in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnEptUne View Post

Cry your heart out, Hiromi, after all the trouble, Shin is abandoning you again... Geez, she is playing victim again. What beautiful tears, they should be collected and sold on ebay! She can get indeed get carried away just because she is beautiful; in conclusion, pretty people can get away from being a needy kid.
LOL! The Mugiha dance was the hightlight of this show for me. For some reason, I think the deal about Hiromi and her "don't leave me behind" line are getting a little too overused. -_- I don't think it's just me. Here's to hoping she doesn't pull that pity party trick to get Shin's favor. If this show is intended to be a HiromixShin ending, they better do it properly.

I also noticed that they're making Hiromi look like the bad guy here when

Spoiler for ep13:

Kind of unexpected. I thought that was a bad move for her--plotwise.
Old 2008-03-24, 04:43   Link #114
yupyupyup

I hope for Hiromi ending. I have a huge fetish for long hair, and Noe is kinda crazy (stays with chicken, says strange things...) no matter how cute she is!
Old 2008-03-24, 07:19   Link #115
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
nice episode.
they managed to keep the drama going i m glad to see that what i was hoping to see is happening, if from episode 10 to 13 it had been an easy ride for hiromixshin it would have suck.
weither it s a noexshin or hiromixshin ending i dont mind as long as it s well written.

jun was great this episode, i love the way he asked if he could kiss noe and when she didnt notice anything he waited holding his lips 2cm away from hers to make her understand what he mean by loving her. i might be giving him too much credit but it seem to me he never would have kissed her even though he was dying to do it. it was just a way to make her understand that he didnt only love her from a brotherly love.

anyway 1 eps left.
what will be this spring romance that has any chance of living up to TT's level?
Old 2008-03-24, 07:26   Link #116
be0wulf
it's friday

Send a message via MSN to be0wulf
After watching episode 12, all I can say is...

WOWWWWW.

When the heck did both Hiromi and Jun turn into the weepy type? Why has Shin's IQ been decreasing exponentially with each passing episode? What's with the weird musical inserts that are all like "insert BAAAAWWWWW here"? Why is Jun such a freaky child molester all of a sudden? WHEN DID THIS TURN INTO THE MUTANT LOVE-CHILD OF SCHOOL DAYS AND KOI KAZE?!?

This episode only served to remind me of how much of an "average" harem anime True Tears really is. Shin's feelings have been jumping back and forth throughout the series, and I guess next episode will be a "I suddenly had an epiphany" type of episode, where he'll finally realize where his true feelings lay. How disappointing.

I think the main problem with this series is the fact that it can't seem to decide where it's plot should go. It embarks on new plot lines every few episodes, and offer each of them either an inconclusive end, or a branching off into a new plot line. The first couple of episodes deal with Hiromi's parentage, Shin's feelings for Noe, and Aiko's whole fiasco. None of them have been concluded to any satisfaction. Somewhere in there, Shin finally realizes that he actually likes Hiromi, but after a kiss it went nowhere (and let's not forget the sandal episode, which is revisited in this episode and is supposedly the reason why Hiromi adores Shin so much). And now we have...incest-chan and a last episode rush ending. Even the storybook metaphor's getting a bit jumbled; I don't even know which chicken's supposed to represent who anymore.

One last thing. While I was and always has been a Noe fanboy, and while I certainly wouldn't mind a NoexShin ending, I feel that, after everything that's transpired throughout this series, such a pairing would almost be a let-down. It'll be like as if the fanbase decided which heroine the protagonist ended up with (I'm looking at you, Ichiho 100%). Episode 13 won't be able to redeem this series from mediocrity, but let us just hope that it doesn't leave us with a Myself;Yourself-esque cop-out ending.

p.s. I'm assuming Noe doesn't die from her rendition of the Wright brothers (judging by the landing noise). Because if she did...I'd have to journey to Japan and choke a bitch. Who's up for a Kimi ga Nozomu Eien coma-girl ending? =P

http://www.chunlikickedme.tumblr.com
Old 2008-03-24, 07:47   Link #117
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for :

Last edited by arkxkra; 2008-03-24 at 08:03.
Old 2008-03-24, 08:00   Link #118
Atheuz

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-24, 08:33   Link #119
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by be0wulf View Post
Why is Jun such a freaky child molester all of a sudden? WHEN DID THIS TURN INTO THE MUTANT LOVE-CHILD OF SCHOOL DAYS AND KOI KAZE?!?
If this incest action suddenly surprised you than you really shouldn't be calling things average when you can't even pick up something that's been obvious since Jun put the helmet on Noe and longingly wanted to caress her face. Everything he did since than was all for Noe, we didn't need Hiromi's words in episode 11 to figure that out, it was obvious.

Quote:
I think the main problem with this series is the fact that it can't seem to decide where it's plot should go.
The series knows where it's going, it's the majority of the fan base who don't. I'm probably one of the top Hiromi and Shin shippers on AS but even to someone as biased as me I knew after 10 it would go back to Noe before a true resolution was reached.

Quote:
p.s. I'm assuming Noe doesn't die from her rendition of the Wright brothers (judging by the landing noise). Because if she did...I'd have to journey to Japan and choke a bitch. Who's up for a Kimi ga Nozomu Eien coma-girl ending? =P
She's talking in the next episode preview.
Old 2008-03-24, 08:53   Link #120
JCMS

I can' she said that. Hiromi's one damn bitch

GO NOE!!!!!
Closed Thread