AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-09-20, 19:07   Link #8601
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Any idea where this came from and the artists?

Spoiler for Virgin?:
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 19:51   Link #8602
seifer8ff

No not either of those...It was primarily human characters, there was just the one android/cyborg villain
seifer8ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 21:00   Link #8603
Lighty22

Hello, I was hoping somebody could identify this anime for me.

A while ago I watched a subbed anime (might have also been dubbed) that had a group of five guys getting superpowered armour and fighting evil. They had some memories from a past reincarnation (or from the suits) and were fighting aliens who were collecting jewels of some sort, I think. They were all named after birds (owl, crow, etc.). I also remember that there was a giant robot or something like that in space that might destroy the earth, and also that after a major battle (I believe it ended with the destruction of a city and the end of the first season) the main character/leader of the group seemed to suffer from depression and went wandering. Oh, and they were all idols, and two of them had some sort of comedy routine while a third was some sort of martial artist and another was just a kid... I think more people showed up with these suits of armour later in the series. They had a manager or something who called them her angels (I think) and there was a female idol/singer who ended up being the sister (possibly twin) of the main character's friend.

I cannot remember the name of this anime, and I was really hoping to watch it again so if anyone could tell me the name, and even where I might watch it, that would be wonderful!

Oh, and no, I am not looking for Saint Seiya, if anyone was thinking of that.
Lighty22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 05:43   Link #8604
Morisato

Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 05:55   Link #8605
GomuBlade
Bugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato View Post
That's from Persona 4. The anime adaptation starts now in October.
Old 2011-09-24, 19:37   Link #8606
Kudryavka

A movie I saw a while ago.

In the beginning, a guy is either about to get married or go on a date with his girlfriend, but he gets stuck in his house because he, er, gets his weewee stuck in his zipper after urinating in the bathroom. 911 (the hospital) has to come take him away, and his thing with his girlfriend is ruined. Then the movie goes to some time in the future. Does anyone know what movie this is?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 20:32   Link #8607
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
A movie I saw a while ago.

In the beginning, a guy is either about to get married or go on a date with his girlfriend, but he gets stuck in his house because he, er, gets his weewee stuck in his zipper after urinating in the bathroom. 911 (the hospital) has to come take him away, and his thing with his girlfriend is ruined. Then the movie goes to some time in the future. Does anyone know what movie this is?
Well not exactly anime or what not but that would be "There's Something About Mary"

very funny film mind you
Old 2011-09-25, 15:05   Link #8608
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Well not exactly anime or what not but that would be "There's Something About Mary"

very funny film mind you
Alright, thanks so much Bonta kun! I remember seeing just that part when I was younger, and want to see it now. Thank you
Old 2011-09-26, 10:59   Link #8609
SwiftAsLeaves

Genre: Shoujou (One shot, or maybe only one volume long)
This is what I remember:
THe girl was pretty, and a guy that she didn't like asked him out, she said she already likes someone, so the guy asked who it was, so she said a random guy's name whom she newly heard of. (That guy was in a band and I think the girl is a model) In the end the guy got bad stuff talked about him because the guy who confessed to the girl spread bad rumors. The girl felt guilty and so they spent time together and developed their feelings~ Thanks in advance Additional Info:
1. THe girl is a model
2. I think It's part of a compilation, and it had a second chapter
3. The second chapter was that the girl was going to tokyo because she had a huge opportunity for her modeling career. THe guy went after her and things went fine~
SwiftAsLeaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 14:30   Link #8610
greenclaws
Fucknugget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighty22 View Post
They were all named after birds (owl, crow, etc.). I also remember that there was a giant robot or something like that in space that might destroy the earth, and also that after a major battle
Sounds so much like Gatchaman aka G-Force aka Battle of the Planets aka Eagle Riders, or Chōjin Sentai Jetman but some story elements don't add up.

I'm looking for a 70s or 80s anime where a father on a spaceship searching for his son, they became seperated after his spaceship crashed (or something like that). The Dad was on a larger spaceship with various other characters that I cant remember, but which included a psychic girl who keeps describing visions of what the son was getting up to, which is when it would cut to his story & battles etc, which all took place on this jungle planet, featurng giant alien insects, probably mosquitos.

I saw someone else was looking for it and said that it was shown inbetween Voltron and Robotech on a New York tv station but they don't remember what it was called either.
greenclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 15:46   Link #8611
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclaws View Post
I'm looking for a 70s or 80s anime where a father on a spaceship searching for his son, they became seperated after his spaceship crashed (or something like that). The Dad was on a larger spaceship with various other characters that I cant remember, but which included a psychic girl who keeps describing visions of what the son was getting up to, which is when it would cut to his story & battles etc, which all took place on this jungle planet, featurng giant alien insects, probably mosquitos.
Reminds me of Ulysses 31
Old 2011-09-27, 18:29   Link #8612
greenclaws
Fucknugget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
Reminds me of Ulysses 31
It's definitely not Ulysses 31. I know that show, Ulysses and Telemachus are never separated for any real length of time, they're not attacked by giant insects and although Yumi is telepathic, she's not thaat telepathic. Thanks for the suggestion though. Does anyone else know?
greenclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 22:36   Link #8613
Penpa

Can someone ID this?

I found this on a advertisement site but got no reply form the person whom the screen was displayed on. The image looks like it was self drawn or from another site.

Last edited by Penpa; 2011-09-29 at 22:38. Reason: Needs to be smaller
Penpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 23:16   Link #8614
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penpa View Post
I found this on a advertisement site but got no reply form the person whom the screen was displayed on. The image looks like it was self drawn or from another site.

That's Hilda (Touko in Japan) from Pokemon Black and White. A Nintendo DS game, not an anime.
Old 2011-09-30, 20:25   Link #8615
Penpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
That's Hilda (Touko in Japan) from Pokemon Black and White. A Nintendo DS game, not an anime.
Are you talking about the fuzzy animal infront of the girl or the girl? Do you know where they got the picture how how they got it to be a screen saver? Ok I did a search on the name and did get quite a few hits thanks for the name otherwise I would've had no idea where it came from....thanks

Last edited by Penpa; 2011-09-30 at 20:29. Reason: more info...
Penpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 22:40   Link #8616
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penpa View Post
Are you talking about the fuzzy animal infront of the girl or the girl? Do you know where they got the picture how how they got it to be a screen saver? Ok I did a search on the name and did get quite a few hits thanks for the name otherwise I would've had no idea where it came from....thanks
The girl is Hilda, and the animals around her are various Pokemon. I can get the names of those too if you want.

I don't know where this specific picture came from or who drew it, though; I am sure that it's fan art, not official. It's not a screensaver, it's a wallpaper; you can make any image into a wallpaper by right clicking/Apple clicking, then clicking "Set as Wallpaper".
Old 2011-10-01, 03:36   Link #8617
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
What manga is this? Thanks in advance.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/258/toriko1093542.jpg
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 20:08   Link #8618
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
What manga is this? Thanks in advance.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/258/toriko1093542.jpg
Jack Frost.
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 22:30   Link #8619
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
Of course! I knew that picture looked familiar to me, but I couldn't place it. But as soon as I saw your answer, I knew I should have known it.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 03:07   Link #8620
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

A bit of an unusual request, perhaps, but I think it fits here.

I've been having fun playing Angela in the F2P MMO Rusty Hearts the past few days. There's an NPC that is giving me a strange sense of deja vu named Elma.

I can't help but think that I know of an anime character that resembles her, but I'm lost as to whom. It could be any number of girls stuck in the back of my mind, but after a while so many of them get all jumbled together. If anyone here can toss out some suggestions of anime that have a character like her in it, please do so.

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel