AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-14, 21:19   Link #361
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well it good to see Ieyasu but this episode just seem like a filler and with 2eps left I wounder how there going to rap it up or are they going to make this 50eps
Old 2012-09-14, 21:26   Link #362
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
You don't really get the feeling that the series is ending, it feels like it can keep at it forever.
It is true that I also feel that it will continue after episode 26 with a "Season 3" I would think that if the episode 26 there is nothing officially signed the anime such as Oda Nobunaga who leaves his world or anything in the kind you see?
Old 2012-09-20, 12:57   Link #363
Midonin
Last Engage

Sengoku (Present) 25 - Give a Man a Fish, He Eats For a Day; Teach a Man to Fish, He Eats For a Lifetime

I don't hear Ai Shimizu in many major roles these days. Nor see underboobs of that caliber. So I was interested in this episode the moment I saw the preview last week.

I've spoken before about the rapid tonal shifts this show has taken, and this is another fine example. Going from a drug cartel action thriller to a... pastoral fishing trip. And yet the show found a way to make Yoshimoto sitting around in a boat, sitting around on the shore, basically sitting around - it was still fascinating. Seeing her perfecting her technique, and the final payoff was something. That weird symbolic sequence with the fire fish that turned into a dragon what the naked Yoshimoto riding atop it. I'm pretty sure this never happened to Noto's or Otome's version.

The guest appearances by Bokuden and Souun were also nice to see - even if it's been a long time since their episodes aired, what they did for the world has not been forgotten. Their stories are continuing on. But not for much longer - because the overstory is about to end. Back to Nobunaga. Will Mitsuhide make another appearance to wrap up her plotline? The OP's been building up to it, so I hope so.

No matter what the finale brings, I can say getting to partake in this series as it aired has been a special experience, one that I felt was kind of underrated by the community as a whole.

The world of the warring states, the world of the present and the world of movies will overlap one last time. Now, to the final stage!
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 13:15   Link #364
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 25:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 13:18   Link #365
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

I forgot this show for a while, I picked it up when it started airing without knowing anything about it. I just liked the cute red hair.

However, the structure of the show really bothered me, I hated how they introduced new characters in every episode. Did they stop doing this eventually and started to build up a "more consistent" plot? Or at least, stopped focusing on different characters every episode?

I'd like to catch up on the show before it ends if it actually did change, I enjoyed the 5-6 episodes I've seen, it was a really pleasant watch. IIRC there's even KanaHana in there, I just couldn't deal with the way the story unfolded.
Old 2012-09-20, 13:21   Link #366
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudolicious View Post
I forgot this show for a while, I picked it up when it started airing without knowing anything about it. I just liked the cute red hair.

However, the structure of the show really bothered me, I hated how they introduced new characters in every episode. Did they stop doing this eventually and started to build up a "more consistent" plot? Or at least, stopped focusing on different characters every episode?

I'd like to catch up on the show before it ends if it actually did change, I enjoyed the 5-6 episodes I've seen, it was a really pleasant watch. IIRC there's even KanaHana in there, I just couldn't deal with the way the story unfolded.
While the episodic format of the show introducing the "girl of the week" format (that I didn't mind it no matter) does bothers you, I think it does have some nicely consistent plot hints in the more important episodes, like the Mitsuhide's episode. I don't know if you could enjoy more episodes, but you could do it as you pleases.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-09-20, 13:28   Link #367
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Only in rare cases. The episodic anthology nature is one of the building blocks of the series; if it stopped doing so, it wouldn't be Sengoku Collection anymore. The world is still consistent throughout, with callbacks to older episodes coming up once in a while, but the style is the same from beginning to end.
Old 2012-09-20, 13:42   Link #368
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Only in rare cases. The episodic anthology nature is one of the building blocks of the series; if it stopped doing so, it wouldn't be Sengoku Collection anymore. The world is still consistent throughout, with callbacks to older episodes coming up once in a while, but the style is the same from beginning to end.
Too bad, I heard once that they stopped introducing new characters and focused on the existing cast after 9-12 episodes, so I thought the style would change a bit and they would let a larger part of the cast interact more closely and directly with each other

"Consistency" was the wrong term maybe, "shifting focus" was probably more appropriate in here. There clearly was a somewhat consistent plot since the very first episode, again, the way they tell the story just bothers me. But well, as you said, it probably wouldn't be an actual "collection" otherwise.

Anyways, thank you both a lot for replying, now I know where I'm at. Probably gonna take my time with the show then.
Old 2012-09-20, 13:47   Link #369
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Too bad, I heard once that they stopped introducing new characters and focused on the existing cast after 9-12 episodes
That was pure conjecture based on nothing.
Old 2012-09-20, 18:10   Link #370
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

especially interesting episode and I'm sad that next week is the last episode and an episode will "summary of oda"? see if this brief episode actually complete anime
Old 2012-09-20, 21:08   Link #371
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.25

Yoshimoto give still hmm wonder how beat nobunaga then sessai after whip wrapping kotaro to see if sweets help but no.

so get Yoshimoto & kotaro to the outdoors during fish catching which Yoshimoto give try but flop yet keep train to catch & she got a fish.

do well til met golden fish after many try & then realize full focus to see give riding golden fish dragon.

yet give have not catch gold fish Yoshimoto now full re-focus catch biggest fish of them all nobunaga give whole time nobunaga was sleeping.

1ep to go.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 00:16   Link #372
Jasque

Episode 25

What hot girl as hell this Yoshimoto, yews

Spoiler:

Wonderful episode, I will think if this is my favorite...
And man, I'm so jealous of that Motherfucking Godoka Fish!
Jasque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 00:20   Link #373
gaiar31

..But Nobunaga she still day dream sleep..........

How does this series end in ep26 ....
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 00:35   Link #374
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiar31 View Post
..But Nobunaga she still day dream sleep..........

How does this series end in ep26 ....
yes I thought there would be a confrontation but not enter them ... one goes fishing and the other sleeps ...
Old 2012-09-21, 21:02   Link #375
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Second to last episode and they went with a fishing episode I wonder how there going to finish this
Old 2012-09-21, 22:21   Link #376
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

yes I wonder because in episode 26 looks like there will be flashback memories of Nobunaga ...
?...
Old 2012-09-27, 13:00   Link #377
Midonin
Last Engage

Sengoku (Present) Finale - Montage Theory

Very light on words, and very heavy on action, this presentation of the finale felt, at times, more like a music video. But I didn't have a problem with that. It revealed just how close everyone we've come to know over this season was, both in personal relations and geographical distance. Hisahide continues living on the run, Bokuden continues being a star, and Yoshitsugu looks to have found some contentment in her life. Not to mention that Shingen opened up her chicken wings franchise, just like she promised.

But the main thrust this week was Mitsuhide's closure. Nobunaga, ever since we met her, has had this mixture of arrogance and inability to read the atmosphere. Even if she did return home, it would be to a lonely world, so having Mitsuhide join her on her quest is about as perfect an ending as either of them could wish for. New generals are dropping into the world all the time, and the miko trio, at the very least, looks to be deriving some enjoyment out of this. With Mio's VA and jealousy and Azusa's motivations, she goes on to stand a chance of achieving her dreams.

It's a very close tie between this and Joshiraku for my favorite series of the season(s). It took a while to get acclimated to the premise, but once I did, I came to realize how much care was put into this series. The visuals may not be anything spectacular, but they are varied, from Yoshitsugu's roughly drawn world to Hideyoshi's bizarre wonderland. I can't remember the last time there was a true anthology series in anime. It works as a "cute girls" series, sure, but I love it because of the cinephile aspect of it. So many genres and styles and directors and fictions homaged. A variety of thoughts and experiences about the human experiences, presented abridged, but no less genuine. It's a world that feels lived-in, expansive, and interconnected, even if the episodes directly aren't.

This series might not be for everyone, but was it for me? Hell yes, it was. A wonderful, one-of-a-kind experience with a hidden gem of a series. I can't wait to write more in-depth on this.
Old 2012-09-27, 13:18   Link #378
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 26 (End) + Review:
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-09-27, 13:48   Link #379
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Not a bad show, it turned to be much better. 7/10
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 15:46   Link #380
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Yes great end for this anime, great to us again in the last minutes of the other girls

me too and this girl falling from the sky intrigues me who is she? We do will probably never

10/10 !!

and I notice that everyone is together in the same city ... and also I am happy to see Masamune and Kojuro they found a house or live together

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2012-09-27 at 16:17.
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, historical, shounen