AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-08, 14:57   Link #821
TigerII
Pilot in Training

He just did not seem that interested. Maybe in the upcoming mangas he will start to like her.

Just with her if you piss her off you might get your balls shot off.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 18:44   Link #822
kujoe
from head to heel

It depends on how you view it. He is somewhat drawn to her in the same way he was drawn to Yukio's plight. Unlike the latter however, he's no stranger to Revy. They're pretty much comfortable in each other's company right now for complicated and "not so romantic" reasons.

Last edited by kujoe; 2007-03-08 at 19:17.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 21:59   Link #823
depthcharge101

question. revy didnt actually shoot the church gal in the end did she?
depthcharge101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 23:36   Link #824
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by depthcharge101 View Post
question. revy didnt actually shoot the church gal in the end did she?
Haha, no, she didn't. But the series did literally go out with a bang.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 17:50   Link #825
TakezoSama

Send a message via MSN to TakezoSama
Cool

I do believe Rock likes Revy; But he's too scared to make a move on Would u dare to make a move on a girl that'd shoot ur arse to the moon? I sure wouldn't.

Still, that scene (i believe at teh 1st season) where Rock lit revy's cigar with his own cigar, was probably what they did feel for each other. Maybe they'll never be the usual romantic couple, but they just need something to trigger they relationship... like Rock getttin shot or something. Then Revy will probably make her move (if he doesn't die, of course). Now that'd make 3rd season watchable
TakezoSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 18:48   Link #826
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I agree that their relationship won't be the she blushes he stammers and at the end they kiss and say I love you like at the end of other romances.

The cigarette lighting did show she liked him though. Man that would be some rough angry sex there...

Just the sad part is I think one of them will die. Even if they make another season it would not be for a year or more. Gotta let manga get ahead.
Old 2007-03-09, 23:00   Link #827
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Of course their relationship isn't the usual highschool crush thing, they're adults. Well, more in Rock's case moreso than Revy's. Anyway, I predict that Rock is going to put himself in a real life-or-death shituation because of something that Revy inadvertantly did and she'll fight through hell itself to get him out. She'll probably end up crippled at the end... :sadness:
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 23:10   Link #828
Cal-Reflector

Crippled you say? From the way Gin's sword went straight through her thigh, I was rather surprised that the injury wasn't something more permanent, like if the thrust had cut bone.

Here's a poll: Who in Black Lagoon will kick the bucket next of the reoccuring characters? Winner, if and when he/she is determined by the plot in manga, gets repped from us all?
Old 2007-03-10, 00:07   Link #829
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Yes but most adults don't "Kiss" by lighting a cigerette..lol or kill and enjoy it.

It will definantly be one of the four.

Well Benny has the relationship with the counterfieter but he is not as big. His death is 50/50 in my book.

Dutch is the leader and everyone likes him. his death would be tragic to everyone and would cause one of those 'lets kill them all for the LT' type mentalities. Also his death would be the best. As the two main characters would still be together, but a main would die.(This is what I hope for, sorry Dutch lovers).

Okay now the most likely course.

Revy. Sadistic, psyco, and chinese. A dangerous combo. But she obviously has a thing for Rock shown by her jealousy to other girls and even showed she would die for him(When she drew her guns on the Russkies). Her death would most likely happen right after Rock realized he wanted her(And most likely a sex encounter) and then the next day she dies(Not the first show to do this). He would go into ultimate badass mode and with the help of the Russkies and remaining Black lagoon members would wipe out the enemy.

Rock's death is also a possibility(Although not till the end of the entire series since he is the main character). Would cause Revy to hit ultimatebitchfighterkillallofthosefuckerandcreatem anynewasshole mode.

And then there is the Revy & Rock die together which would just plain suck.

In my opinion, the Dutch's death scenario would be for the best but I believe they will most likely kill off Revy. Very doubtful they all live unless the end the series with a we will just keep doing what we are doing type ending.

Either way BL has been a fun ride and will be in the future. Hopefully we might get another series in a year or so and I hope for more shows like this.

For the bet, I regretfully and sulkily say Revy.
Old 2007-03-10, 00:32   Link #830
kujoe
from head to heel

If one of the members were to die, I imagine the others won't be too far behind. I always have this weird thought that the Lagoon crew will one day find themselves as the target of Hotel Moscow's firing squad in the future. One of those last stand moments in other words, with Balalaika and Dutch having their last conversation on the phone and the former hating herself for giving the order, then there's Eda arriving too late, and finally ending with Rock and Revy giving each the look before everything turns white on them.

It's a dark scenario for sure. But hey, this is how I would end the story if I was aiming for a tragic, all-guns-blazing ending. Of course, the fan in me would rather see something less dark and something a bit more uplifting as much as the world of BL would permit. (I'm not that cruel, you know.)

Another thing though... I'm wondering how long Rock's hands can stay clean. Now while in one way Rock's "first kill" is Yukio, (hence why I find it apt that Balalaika sent the picture to him, as a reminder of his decision in the end) I wonder if it will come to a point wherein he'll be forced to take someone's life directly.
Old 2007-03-10, 00:39   Link #831
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I would see him doing it to save Revy.

So in your opinion its either gonna be they all live or die?

I do agree that they will end up fighting Hotel Moscow.
Old 2007-03-10, 00:52   Link #832
kujoe
from head to heel

Maybe they'll all die by Hotel Moscow's hands, but allow me to qualify that with a "if I wanted to end the story with this kind of ending" statement.

While Black Lagoon has its moments, I don't think it's on that level yet so far. It still has that fun action vibe going for it after all.
Old 2007-03-10, 01:13   Link #833
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Personally I want them all to live. Just continue the story with them on the good side of Hotel Moscow and just do side missions with crazy nazis, serial killer little twins and such. .

On a side note this show reminds me of Mercenaries:Playground of Destruction bigtime.
Old 2007-03-10, 01:17   Link #834
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
And then there is the Revy & Rock die together which would just plain suck.
Am I the only one who read this and got flashbacks to how Vasquez and Gorman checked out in Aliens? Comment aside, it's an interesting if slightly dark line of musing we have here.
Completely unrelated: in case nobody's noticed before, a sweep has detected BL fanfiction over on fanfiction.net. Feel free to peruse 'True Self' and 'How to Hold A Gun'.

Quote:
On a side note this show reminds me of Mercenaries:Playground of Destruction bigtime.
I noticed that too; but if I were going to make a BL videogame, I'd look at Everything or Nothing as a basis...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 01:59   Link #835
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well however it ends it was still a good show and manga. But its not ever yet so lets see what the future holds.
Old 2007-03-10, 04:13   Link #836
Red Herring
SPARTANS

I'll be pissed if Revy dies. Killing cool characters for the sake being "dark" or "realistic" is alright in doses, but it seems to be the norm now. Nowadays having a sad ending is as cliche as having a happy one...
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 09:54   Link #837
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I am noticing that. Alot fo shows these days are having the sad ending. I guess to counter the amount of happy endings from earlier this decade. But come on, not all the good guys die.
Old 2007-03-11, 02:34   Link #838
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I am noticing that. Alot fo shows these days are having the sad ending. I guess to counter the amount of happy endings from earlier this decade. But come on, not all the good guys die.
Well, since technically Black Lagoon Anime cast is made up of bad guys, worse guys, and worst guys, does it matter?

Immorality is the landscape of the show; it is barely noticeable as a result, unless you are REALLY bad. I mean, we have seen the Lagoon company deliver bags of heroin, transport a crate of AK-47s (potentially to warlords, criminal gangs, terrorists, or all three.), and attempted to ship a small boy as cargo. In any morality upright anime the Lagoon Company would be the bane of humanity.

The lack of a need for moral lessons, however, means there is no need to kill anyone just because they are bad. The Twins died not because they were evil (though they were), but because their insane selves couldn't fit into a criminal society. The Nazi-wannabes Revy butchered weren't killed because they were arrogant idiotic bigots (though they were), but because they spend time partying rather than training to be real fighters.

There is no "right" side in Black Lagoon. Just order or chaos. If Revy was meant to die, she would have died on the streets of NewYork long ago. The cast of Black Lagoon are survivors. They won't die that easily.
Old 2007-03-11, 08:41   Link #839
TigerII
Pilot in Training

O I get that, hell they even got the CIA in on it(By no means a moral group). No, either they will die by Hotel Moscow or some other special forces group.

And the twin died because he was fucking insane.

The nazis died because they decided to get drunk and not get the hell out of dodge.

ANd I have seen one moral man in the show, the U-boat captain. And Rock tries to be at first then realizes if he is to survive he can't
Old 2007-03-12, 13:38   Link #840
magyareagle

Quite frankly, while I don't know where the anime will go, I don't think that they will meet their end at the hands of Balalaika. Keep in mind that Revy is probably the only person who could pull a gun on Balalaika and live. Which is what happens in the anime. Remember, Balalaika considers Revy (and by extension Rock), to be "Familly". A twisted disfunctional familly to be sure, but familly none the less. Revy calls her "Sis", or "Sister", and once comments that she's all she really has. I think the fact that Revy was willing to pull the gun on Balalaika was indicative of just how deeply she cared about Rock.
If you compare the relationships to that of the Godfather, then Rock more Michael Corleone, than anything else. Drawn into the world of darkness by choice, and then making the decision to pull the trigger. It seems almost like Balalaika is grooming him to be her intermediary with the legitimate world. Remember her comment of how he "will be an excellent villain". As long as Rock doesn't pose too big a threat to her interests, he will remain. Keep in mind her amiable relationships with Chan and Yolanda, direct competition in Roanapur, but not a threat. Personally, I think her ultimate goal might be to take over the Russian Mafia, or at least change the administration of Hotel Moscow from ground up.
Remember, she and her men joined the mafia after her former second in command was killed as a result of dirty money. So I think she has two goals: Power and Vengeance.
magyareagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, crime, madhouse, seinen