AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-26, 11:02   Link #261
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, there aren't that many in this format to begin with (13 x 12 minutes). I guess I just liked how this show kept things pretty fun and simple - sure, it wasn't all that groundbreaking, and you knew where things were going overall, but I still enjoyed it. Then again, I came to like Shizuka as the show went on, so maybe that helped. And I took the final episode mostly as harmless omake fun. So, I guess it's just a matter of taste, as is everything.
Fair enough.

I just know for a fact, I won't ever be watching this show again.
Old 2007-03-28, 16:47   Link #262
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Just finished watching this, and well... it was fun while it lasted. I wasn't expecting much, and i got what i expected It was good for extracting few laughs, but as for the romance part it seemed like a failure.

I was interested to see how they handle the Ojo part after the ep 9, and how they will make the guy warm up to Shizuka (Yes, it was dead obvious who he will end up with, though i kept praying to whatever demons i worship for him to end up with Ojo or even Akane (yes, i know she is his sister. No, i don't care) ). And what do you know - they decided to drop the issue at point when Ruo x Ojo was at it's strongest and pretend it never existed. Not to mention he suddenly was acting very nice towards Shizuka. Ep 10 makes for the most sh*tty transition ever. Got to love writers who can't write their way out of a wet paper bag

I hated Shizuka with a passion, and i would guess i was, probably, not the only one. I was foreseeing a guilttrip emo episode to make her more likable by a mile, and fair enough - we got it I didn't end up hating her as much as i did from the start, but still my wish was for her to fall in to a hole and disappear. I knew this one was supposed to be slapstick comedy, and was very surprised that i ended up hating a character with a passion that by far exceeds the hate some characters manage to generate from me in more serious shows.

I was a bit disappointed with Akane when she sided with Shizuka during that one argument- if any one, i expected her to understand how her onii-chan feels about this situation, but no - she decided to side with some crackshot inconsiderate girl who came flying trough the window and made Ryo's life a hell.

At least the ending was tolerable, even though it was overly cheezy (not that i can complain much about it in a series like this) and too dramatic for it's own good.

If any one understood what was the point of all the eps that focused on Ojo x Ryo (and the point of their whole relationship for that matter), let me know - because it can be classified as filler material, seeing it affected nothing and was forgotten as if it never existed.

All that aside, it was pretty enjoyable as a comedy and worth watching for a few good laughs. Out of Hani Hani, Wind, and this, Wind is definitely the best story imo (With Hani Hani being the worst by a mile). Doesn't mean it didn't have flaws - they were just less obvious and didn't hurt the experience so much. Guess it's time to check out W Wish next

bleh... 6/10 i guess...
Old 2007-03-28, 17:03   Link #263
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Seemd like one bigass cliche to me. I got what I expected.

6/10. Nothing great, but a good way to blow time.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 17:52   Link #264
martino
makes no files now

I actually quite liked this...one of Princess Soft's best series in my opinion, but then, it's not like they had any good anime series to start with. lol
Old 2007-03-28, 18:00   Link #265
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
I actually quite liked this...one of Princess Soft's best series in my opinion, but then, it's not like they had any good anime series to start with. lol
The comedy part was pretty good - it made me actually laugh, which a lot of things fail to do It fell on its face when it came to the romance part though.
Old 2007-03-28, 18:09   Link #266
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

/me raises banner

SHIZUKA

No wonder why I enjoyed the show more I actually disliked the main lead in this one
Old 2007-03-28, 18:18   Link #267
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
/me raises banner

SHIZUKA

No wonder why I enjoyed the show more I actually disliked the main lead in this one
*raise Emiho banner

I like the main lead, he actually has a backbone.
Old 2007-03-28, 18:25   Link #268
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I kinda liked the guy - as far as i see he didn't do anything wrong. (Believe me - i wouldn't behave any nicer if a girl suddenly came blasting trough my window and declared to be my fiancee and started to invade my private life ... no matter how hot she would look).
Old 2007-03-28, 18:30   Link #269
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

He was being too mean for no reason after a point. I could put up with him in the first 3 episodes, but he started getting on my nerves.

And no, I wouldn't mind Shizuka It's difficult finding a dedicated hot girl that can actually do things around the house.
Old 2007-03-28, 18:46   Link #270
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Dedicated to the point of being zealous and on top of that being completely inconsiderate towards my feelings No thanks. As for doing things around the house - i really doubt she can do anything i can't Though it means i could be more lazy than i already am, which is a bonus
Old 2007-03-28, 18:48   Link #271
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
He was being too mean for no reason after a point. I could put up with him in the first 3 episodes, but he started getting on my nerves.

And no, I wouldn't mind Shizuka It's difficult finding a dedicated hot girl that can actually do things around the house.
I think his sister is pretty dedicated as well and can certainly do everything Shizuka... well except the para-jumping.
Old 2007-03-28, 18:49   Link #272
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Ah, all's good then, if Shizuka drops in your house, send her to me :P

Well the problem with his sister is that it's his sister Not that I'd mind, this is the glory of anime But I always root for the one who hurts the most :P
Old 2007-03-28, 18:51   Link #273
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Considering I don't have a sister like that, hell NO But i will sent any eel chopper to you
Old 2007-03-28, 18:53   Link #274
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:

Well the problem with his sister is that it's his sister Not that I'd mind, this is the glory of anime But I always root for the one who hurts the most :P
I'll be sure to send her over And while she did hurt the most from the girls, i felt she kinda deserved some. I really dislike her.
Old 2007-03-28, 18:54   Link #275
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

That comment was for Skyfall's post

And no, eels can stay with Mayumi, getting tortured by having nothing to grab. The punishment of tentacle monsters
Old 2007-03-28, 21:03   Link #276
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I'll be sure to send her over And while she did hurt the most from the girls, i felt she kinda deserved some. I really dislike her.
I agree

yet another moment when npal and i are polar opposites. surprise surprise
Old 2008-12-09, 10:36   Link #277
FatalMemory

All was well with this series, until Ryo gave in during episode 7.
If anyone was being mean, it was Shizuka, all the time.

If I were Ryo, there'd be no way I'd forgive her unless she quit all the government crap, and tried to get me to accept her as a normal girl, and if I still wanted to kick her the hell out, she'd have to accept it.

Anything else is ridiculous, sure you have to sacrifice some freedom for a good relationship, but what freedom was Shizuka sacrificing ?
None.

To Love-Ru (same sorta surprise engagement, try to pull out and we'll kill you...and the Earth kinda story) was miles better than this.
Even if it had no ecchi, it'd still be miles better.
FatalMemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 18:20   Link #278
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

reminds me i want to watch this again tonite.
Old 2010-06-12, 03:04   Link #279
DanielSong39

It's probably not a good sign when Episodes 10 and 11 actually LOWERS your opinion of Shizuka. Mr. Claw can stroke the cat and laugh evilly all he wants; but he was justified in ordering his daughter to come back.

As for Ryo's turnaround - my take is that it was guilt, rather than love, that pushed him toward Shizuka. Shizuka resorted to emotional blackmail in Episode 11 and his sister and his friends kept laying the guilt trip on him all throughout Episode 12. Had he been able to overcome the guilt, I think he would've been able to recover from the experience.

In a way, I think Episode 13 was necessary to show that a reset of sorts had occurred. When the guilt is gone, what remains is a dysfunctional, forced relationship - which may or may not last.

But then again, maybe we shouldn't really expect a plot in these kind of shows. I admit I mostly watch for the humor and cheesy drama (which can also be humorous), and this show did well enough in delivering both.

P.S. I still think Emiho is the best choice, but the problem is that she is only 50-50 when it comes to Ryo and is more than willing to pass him off to Shizuka. When push comes to shove I think everyone simply needs more time - things will sort themselves out in 5-10 years.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, comedy, drama, princess soft, romance, zexcs