AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-08-29, 16:19   Link #2521
Freed00my

Bah fan translating exists exactly for the fans. I bet most people would buy the novels if they were available...
Freed00my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 18:35   Link #2522
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freed00my View Post
Bah fan translating exists exactly for the fans. I bet most people would buy the novels if they were available...
I would buy the novels almost instantly in they were in stores

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniDragon View Post
Well Yuji and SoF consciousness are somewhat merged so Yuji knows whats going on. I guess there goals are merged at this point as well. I wonder how Yuji would see everything if he was split from SoF.
Well there is a debate that Yuji is only able to control his own self-thinking, which means he has no sight of things, or control of his body on the matter. So that is where SotF comes in and takes over, and then explains to Yuji in his mind about the things that are happening (Meaning that SotF is lying to Yuji to try to get him under control) So if there was a possible way for Yuji to find out what SotF is truly doing that involves hurting our beloved Shana, then I would like to see this happen.
Old 2010-08-30, 00:27   Link #2523
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
At least, before this series end, I wanna know SoF's name he cast away and more detail on the first war against him. I would love to see Tis and Khamsin in action!
The 10th Novel goes into great detail about the 1st war against the Snake of Festivals, though I didn't bother reading it since IMO Shana novels not focusing on Shana and/or Yuji is not worth reading. It did say the last war when they banished SoF was around the beginning of 16th century, which is later than what I expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Well there is a debate that Yuji is only able to control his own self-thinking, which means he has no sight of things, or control of his body on the matter. So that is where SotF comes in and takes over, and then explains to Yuji in his mind about the things that are happening (Meaning that SotF is lying to Yuji to try to get him under control) So if there was a possible way for Yuji to find out what SotF is truly doing that involves hurting our beloved Shana, then I would like to see this happen.
The novels stated Yuji is cooperating 100% on his free will, simply because he wanted to end the war between Tomogaras and Flame Hazes. And since SoF's plans would achieve that, by removing all Tomogara from Earth, Yuji decides to help the SoF, such as taking down all the Flame Hazes in Misaki City and capturing Shana.

Yuji and the SoF have a partnership - they help each other get what they want (for SoF, a new world for Tomogara; and for Yuji, liberating Shana from the fate of a Flame Haze to die after centuries of warfare and in the end achieving no real progress in the world to make it a better place) and they aid each other with their own skill-sets; Yuji with his superior spirit senses and planning, and SoF with his powers as the 'Creator God'.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 00:59   Link #2524
OmniDragon

The 10th novel should be about the war against Toten Glocke, SoF should already be banished long before then.

If Shana keeps interfering in SoF's plans I wonder how that will affect Yuji and SoF partnership.
OmniDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 02:15   Link #2525
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Speaking of the Tenth Volume, I'd like to acquire some assistance. I'm currently "hosting" a translation project for the Eternal Song Manga. I have the first volume (Chapters 1-5) + Chapter 16. If you're interested, please post on the Manga Thread for Shana.

I'm currently detexting the two-page full-color spread for the first volume.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 15:55   Link #2526
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
The novels stated Yuji is cooperating 100% on his free will, simply because he wanted to end the war between Tomogaras and Flame Hazes. And since SoF's plans would achieve that, by removing all Tomogara from Earth, Yuji decides to help the SoF, such as taking down all the Flame Hazes in Misaki City and capturing Shana.

Yuji and the SoF have a partnership - they help each other get what they want (for SoF, a new world for Tomogara; and for Yuji, liberating Shana from the fate of a Flame Haze to die after centuries of warfare and in the end achieving no real progress in the world to make it a better place) and they aid each other with their own skill-sets; Yuji with his superior spirit senses and planning, and SoF with his powers as the 'Creator God'.
Hmm, this is going to be really tough to find a way to get Yuji and Snake to seperate from each other, at first I thought Snake would ditch Yuji since Snake's true form was already released.
Old 2010-08-30, 15:59   Link #2527
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Wasnt Viz really, really slow at translating that it took them almost 2 years just to release novels 2-3, then they decided to trash the project. Immediately making Baka-Tsuki pick it up, making everyone happy that they are translating 10x faster then Viz. But then Viz went and wanted control back just to make us sad?
Which is ridiculous since they haven't released a novel since making Baka-Tsuki stop. It's like they just don't want us to be able to read them and is going to punish us if we try to.
Old 2010-08-30, 16:00   Link #2528
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Maybe if Snake completes his ritual thing, everyone will live in peace and he'll leave forever.
I'm being far too optimistic aren't I. But still...
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 16:08   Link #2529
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Which is ridiculous since they haven't released a novel since making Baka-Tsuki stop. It's like they just don't want us to be able to read them and is going to punish us if we try to.
Viz, we need some good translators, not really slow people, or people that want to make us sad . Please go away and get some other people at this time and age who would still want to translate the novels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
Maybe if Snake completes his ritual thing, everyone will live in peace and he'll leave forever.
I'm being far too optimistic aren't I. But still...
That is a possibility, because Snake might actually be good in the end, like how Lelouch in Code Geass was trying to do, acting all evil leading up to dying in the end to bring peace to Japan. Now we got Snake trying to bring peace to Tomogaras and Flame Hazes, but then what would be the cost of this war?
Old 2010-08-30, 16:26   Link #2530
OmniDragon

Quote:
Hmm, this is going to be really tough to find a way to get Yuji and Snake to seperate from each other, at first I thought Snake would ditch Yuji since Snake's true form was already released.
I don't think SoF would ditch Yuji so easily since that would mean letting the Reiji Maigo fall out of his hands. There are still a few ways to seperate Yuji and SoF, Shana's been talking about reaching Yuji through her love since novel 17. Pheles/Johan will probably play a part too since it hasn't been revealed exactly what Johan asked Pheles to do but it has something to do with the silver.
Old 2010-08-30, 17:48   Link #2531
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I don't think SoF would ditch Yuji so easily since that would mean letting the Reiji Maigo fall out of his hands. There are still a few ways to seperate Yuji and SoF, Shana's been talking about reaching Yuji through her love since novel 17. Pheles/Johan will probably play a part too since it hasn't been revealed exactly what Johan asked Pheles to do but it has something to do with the silver.
Well the power of love might work, which might be good and not exactly "cliche" if executed perfectly

Also I still think Koizumi might use that thing Pheles gave her in Season 2, which will sacrifice Koizumi, summoning Pheles, and Pheles might have probably came up with a plan that can get Snake and Johan to get out of Yuji's body, but that is still a far away belief.
Old 2010-08-30, 18:19   Link #2532
OmniDragon

Even if Pheles does get Johan out of the Reiji Maigo is that really good? Johan and Yuji both need it to continue existing.
Old 2010-08-30, 19:06   Link #2533
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Even if Pheles does get Johan out of the Reiji Maigo is that really good? Johan and Yuji both need it to continue existing.
Jeez, the author of this novel is really impressive with the "choices" involving this
Old 2010-08-30, 19:12   Link #2534
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Well, Johan made the Reiji Maigo in the novels... (In the anime it was Pheles) it's not impossible for him to make another one, I think.
Quote:
That is a possibility, because Snake might actually be good in the end, like how Lelouch in Code Geass was trying to do, acting all evil leading up to dying in the end to bring peace to Japan. Now we got Snake trying to bring peace to Tomogaras and Flame Hazes, but then what would be the cost of this war?
One of the 'Four Gods of the Motherland' (That's what the Sub in Shana season 2 ep8 called them) said that even if they SoF and Yuji create a new world in the void and drain the existence out of that instead, it could still upset the balance of the worlds and destroy both Guze and Earth (from Vol20). Though SoF doesn't believe what he's doing will harm any worlds permanantly, if at all.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 20:03   Link #2535
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
One of the 'Four Gods of the Motherland' (That's what the Sub in Shana season 2 ep8 called them) said that even if they SoF and Yuji create a new world in the void and drain the existence out of that instead, it could still upset the balance of the worlds and destroy both Guze and Earth (from Vol20). Though SoF doesn't believe what he's doing will harm any worlds permanantly, if at all.

Well this is quite a disaster, so if they create a world where Tomagaras and Flame Hazes were supposed to live in peace, it will just end up destroying the balance of the world, which the purpose of the Flame Hazes is to keep this balance no matter the cost. Still that brings the questions of what might happen if our lovely Flame Hazes actually try to bring SoF to his senses, which sounds impossible since he is just blind to his goal (Alastor even tried once). I don't believe that Yuji knows that it will destroy the balance of the worlds... Meaning that the Flame Hazes will continue to exist to restore this balance.

Last edited by Hooves; 2010-08-30 at 20:17.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 20:31   Link #2536
OmniDragon

I don't remember when did Alastor try to bring SoF to his senses? I wonder if anyone can bring SoF to his senses it would be Yuji but Shana has to get Yuji to come to his senses first.
Old 2010-08-30, 20:35   Link #2537
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I don't remember when did Alastor try to bring SoF to his senses? I wonder if anyone can bring SoF to his senses it would be Yuji but Shana has to get Yuji to come to his senses first.
Its a chain reaction of trying to knock some senses into the duo of god-like figures

Well, I just pray that Shana can do it. Or else this might end badly..
Old 2010-08-30, 20:47   Link #2538
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

I'm still not sure whether we'll have a happy end or not yet, i mean we've seen no proof so far have we?
I like the fact that it's still up in the air.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 07:11   Link #2539
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

Send a message via MSN to Kochiya
Woah this forum's still active? Wow...
Am pretty excited on the upcoming stuff.
As for plotwise, it is interesting to note that there is subtle development of each character, like how Ribesal teases Pirsoryn and how the various Flame Hazes work together. So instead of looking at the general ending of ShanaXYuji, I look out for, and is interested, in how these minute stuff will turn out too.
As for ShanaXYuji, I personally hope for a bad end that is good in general. No Disney deaths please. Hopefully, we can see Wihelmina and Hecate more in the concluding part of the story.
Kochiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 07:14   Link #2540
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

KOCHIYA! I need you for the translation project! D:
I have the raws for the first 17 chapters of Eternal Song.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen