AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-01, 16:30   Link #1861
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
It's just a mantra used by LC fans. Of course they don't realize they watch yaoi.
Ugh, I still remember the Regulus vs Radamathis cover..... why it had to be both naked????? That totally killed the mood ser for the fight!!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 18:34   Link #1862
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Is that SS freak mantra now? Oh no they invited that artist that did ONE SEASON of Precure! Oh no they're renewing the character roster to keep the interest up! Clearly Precure is to blame!

Shut the hell up.
Yeah, that's pretty annoying. It seems like they think Umakoshi is some kind of Precure icon, ignoring all his other works because of one season.
I never watched any Pretty Cure, when i watch Omega i'm reminded of Casshern Sins instead. Besides the Umakoshi factor, sometimes the mood in Omega is kinda similar to that one.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 23:07   Link #1863
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
It's just a mantra used by LC fans. Of course they don't realize they watch yaoi.
Another attack to certain fans? Don’t you have anything more...meaningful...to post?

And how the hell is LC a yaoi? Is there any two male characters who attracted to each other beyond respect, bromance, friendship, or loyalty in it? Tell me. If you can’t, then what you’ve been posting about LC so far is just your biased opinion behind the need to badmouth LC and its fans.
Old 2013-03-02, 03:05   Link #1864
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Is that SS freak mantra now? Oh no they invited that artist that did ONE SEASON of Precure! Oh no they're renewing the character roster to keep the interest up! Clearly Precure is to blame!

Shut the hell up.
I have no idea what you're talking about and why you hate Precure.
But as you know, Toei is the company producing Saint Seiya Omega. Comparisions are inevitable
That's like having Sunrise produce a mecha show and not comparing it to Gundam

Coincidentally, it was either Precure or Gundam. No other anime uses that model. It's more common in sentai

but Gundam doesn't come out that fast

so Precure it is

but as you know, going through a new set of main characters too quickly can be overwhelming.
And that's what I don't like about Precure, and what I hope Omega SS2 doesn't fall into.

"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 04:47   Link #1865
Goty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
But as you know, Toei is the company producing Saint Seiya Omega. Comparisions are inevitable

That's like having Sunrise produce a mecha show and not comparing it to Gundam
What..? Toei does Pretty Cure, yes, like it does One Piece, Toriko, like they made a ton of animes in the past, such as Dragonball, Hokuto no Ken, Slam Dunk, including the original Saint Seiya, which was always sentai-ish, the anime at least. So why comparing it to Pretty Cure of all things is inevitable? That makes no sense.

The comparison with Sunrise is also poor, because Gundam is obviously Sunrise's flagship series, while Pretty Cure is just another modern franchise for Toei. Gundam is to Sunrise what Dragonball or One Piece, at best, would be to Toei, not Pretty Cure.
Old 2013-03-02, 09:41   Link #1866
Key Board
Carbon

Pretty Cure is a lot more larger than you think. It's definitely a flagship. And it's also the only franchise among those with a cyclic approach. Hence the comparison.

Regardless, you seem very upset and I'm not still not sure why.
So I'll be quiet about Pretty Cure, but my point stands.

We just had a fresh batch of main characters. Introducing a new batch of main characters to replace the old ones is too soon.

Look at the old Saint Seiya anime. Did they have a new batch of main characters when they went to Asgard or Hades? Exactly. That's my point.

In videogame terms, it's too early for Saint Seiya 3. Let us have a DLC for Saint Seiya 2 first.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 10:10   Link #1867
cyoti

Quote:
Look at the old Saint Seiya anime. Did they have a new batch of main characters when they went to Asgard or Hades? Exactly. That's my point.
You have been misinformed, there is no new batch of main characters.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 12:02   Link #1868
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Regardless, you seem very upset and I'm not still not sure why.
So I'll be quiet about Pretty Cure, but my point stands.
People usually get a bit touchy and upset because Pretty Cure was/is used a lot as a derogatory comparison when put with Omega in the same sentence.

Quote:
We just had a fresh batch of main characters. Introducing a new batch of main characters to replace the old ones is too soon.
Er they are introducing *1* new hero character for Omega season 2, and considering that he's a Steel Saint, I wouldn't think he'll have much of a role to stand on in the end as Steel Saints don't have cosmo, which is you know, kind of important to the SS franchise. My guess is Subaru's going to be a bit of a dick with his flashy technologically advance Steel Cloth which has some gimmick at the beginning which the Bronze Saints don't have and look down on them with their old fashion ways of fighting, and then later in the season he'll be proven wrong and all that.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 15:48   Link #1869
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Or how about upgrading the Clothes from Koga's group for season 3? I saw lots of models the late character designer made.

Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 16:58   Link #1870
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 47:
Old 2013-03-02, 18:33   Link #1871
cyoti

Yukana is expensive.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 22:38   Link #1872
Goty

Quote:
Pretty Cure is a lot more larger than you think. It's definitely a flagship. And it's also the only franchise among those with a cyclic approach. Hence the comparison.
A relatively new franchise like Pretty Cure being Toei's "flagship" only makes sense for someone completely unaware of Toei's history and works. The idea of comparing it to Gundam and Sunrise is simply absurd, just saying.
Old 2013-03-02, 22:43   Link #1873
AGear2Ax
ClearMind

Send a message via MSN to AGear2Ax
There has been a hot discussion lately on this thread An even there are some sarcastic comments that where took too seriously.

The only thing that I'll say about the topic is that... well... that's just a waste of time, a "fight" or anything or the sort between fans it's just meaningless... Toei is an enterprise, one that works on the entertainment industry, we can argue everything we want, but that will change nothing. Toei, as an enterprise, has the goal to make as much profit as possible so they will choose any project that will give the most profit. End of story. You want to know more? Well, search a book or on internet about engineering economics and projects valoration to have a more clear insight of Toei decisions.

About the episode... It seems there's isn't much development, and there's already many questions to answer...
Spoiler for like for example...:
Spoiler for Surprisingly:
Old 2013-03-03, 03:00   Link #1874
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
A relatively new franchise
It's been running unbroken for nine years, going into tenth.
History is just that, history, currently Toei is about One Piece and Precure, as far as anime goes.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 05:15   Link #1875
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGear2Ax View Post
...a "fight" or anything or the sort between fans it's just meaningless...
I agree. Even if there’s a war between Omega-fans vs LC-fans going on out there, don’t bring it here. This goes for both LC fans and Omega fans in this thread. There’s a rule in this forum that forbid attacks and insults to individuals or certain groups of fans iirc. I think most of us want this thread to be an enjoyable discussion place without any insult or personal attacks thrown around.
Old 2013-03-03, 06:34   Link #1876
Goty

Quote:
It's been running unbroken for nine years, going into tenth.
History is just that, history, currently Toei is about One Piece and Precure, as far as anime goes.
That's why i said "relatively", which it is when compared to Gundam, that made Sunrise what it is and it's still going strong after 30+ years.
Plus, outside Japan, Pretty Cure isn't very well known. You can't really plug Toei to Precure the same way Sunrise is associated with Gundam. That's why i was saying that SS Omega doesn't need to be compared to Precure the way a mecha anime by Sunrise will naturally make people think of Gundam, it's not the same thing. I was actually agreeing with you there.
Old 2013-03-03, 08:10   Link #1877
ShiroiRyu

Anyways, Amor is the best Pisces forever.
And one of the best Gold Saints of all generation.
Seriously, when you see him ... *_*
Old 2013-03-03, 08:49   Link #1878
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I agree. Even if there’s a war between Omega-fans vs LC-fans going on out there, don’t bring it here. This goes for both LC fans and Omega fans in this thread. There’s a rule in this forum that forbid attacks and insults to individuals or certain groups of fans iirc. I think most of us want this thread to be an enjoyable discussion place without any insult or personal attacks thrown around.
This. Though knowing that you guys are having a minor skirmish was enlightening, I'd much rather enjoy discussing Omega.
Old 2013-03-03, 10:24   Link #1879
AGear2Ax
ClearMind

Send a message via MSN to AGear2Ax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
That's why i said "relatively", which it is when compared to Gundam, that made Sunrise what it is and it's still going strong after 30+ years.
Plus, outside Japan, Pretty Cure isn't very well known. You can't really plug Toei to Precure the same way Sunrise is associated with Gundam. That's why i was saying that SS Omega doesn't need to be compared to Precure the way a mecha anime by Sunrise will naturally make people think of Gundam, it's not the same thing. I was actually agreeing with you there.
Well, to support your POV, Precure has a totally different target group, so comparing SS Omega and Precure despite both having different target groups is unfair and maybe that's why such comparison is a derogative one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
This. Though knowing that you guys are having a minor skirmish was enlightening, I'd much rather enjoy discussing Omega.
We can enjoy a healthy discussion about Omega if it doesn't become a flame war or something similar.

And speaking of comparison, I think we can make a fair one... With Digimon Xros Wars. It's original run was for a year just like Omega, they developed their characters on that time, both are from Toei, both have the same target group (if I remember correctly, SS Omega took over Digimon's time slot) and well... There's a new season for SS Omega that introduces a new MC, a Steel Saint...

So, this new character is to have a hook to the series, since the Bronze Saints have their pasts explained and somewhat "solved", so they need a new one to add the speculative factor to fans and to see him grow as a character.

For now, let's see how it ends this season of SS Omega, because that will settle the bar for the next one.
Old 2013-03-03, 15:04   Link #1880
Ozuma

@ latest episode

The Amor puppet show was some random yet lulzy awesome shit ^^
Ozuma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen