AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 25 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 63 80.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 14.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 2.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-03-31, 08:43   Link #41
Death Usagi
Banned

Finally we got some all out war

And we got a mass destruction cannon too! (on par to Genesis and Celestial Being [Innovator Ship from Season 2])

Got to see Master Chinan, Ral and Takeshis' Gunpla in action!!! YEAAAAAAAHHHH

And

O

M

F

G

EXIA AMAZING REPAIR !!! O GOD <3 <3 <3 kyaaaaaaaaa

The real Exia vs Strike!!! But it ends kind of vaguely without Trans-Am and such... T____T

I am surprised Mashita didn't get arrested...

Seems like Nils was able to continue to the Gunpla business with his research on Plavsky Particles.

Reiji and Aila both goes to Arian <3 <3 <3 YAY

10/10 3 TIMES

And...... That Promise... Build Strike Cosmos...

Season 2 please?
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 08:47   Link #42
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Farewell Build Fighters, you will be missed and you were enjoyed by many including myself.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 09:04   Link #43
Juke16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyron View Post
The next series would probably focus on different characters, but given that this is a fanservice + celebration series of sorts (I think), it's unlikely they'll do another one too soon

Also, I see that Setsuna made a cameo appearance in the final moments of the show o3o

Sneaky
Spoiler for Show timing:
Seems like it's Setsuna and Lockon.
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 09:08   Link #44
VTHokiePride

It's been awhile since I gave a perfect 10. An amazing battle and just enough content to either end it completely here or build another season. Best part was when Reiji had no idea why Aila was mad at him. It seems like everyone had a happy ending including Baker and Mashita.
Old 2014-03-31, 09:12   Link #45
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Oh god. Its so perfect. I can't even. So many feels. It's just perfect.
Old 2014-03-31, 09:16   Link #46
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
That was a very satisfying final episode. The fortress battle, the sheer insanity of Chinan and Ral tag team, and the tearful farewell between Sei and Reiji. It's like Yu-Gi-Oh!, we know it will end with them separating and the Sei/Yugi will grow stronger from here.
Yeah, I feel the same. But maybe unlike YGO their separation won’t be permanent. But it still reminds me of the bittersweet feeling of watching Yami Yugi....
Spoiler for Spoiler for those who don't want to know the end of YGO:
Old 2014-03-31, 09:18   Link #47
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Fun fact about this episode:

Those Gunpla that Chinan and Mao had at the very end?

They're actually custom Gunpla created to promote Gundam Breaker by Komatsu Mikako and Kokuryu Sachi, aka the VA's for Sei and Reiji respectively.

Komatsu Mikako's is the pink one on the left, which references Moretsu Space Pirates.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 09:25   Link #48
Gundamx

chairman and Secretary make gunpla battle company from scratch right?

I guess soon Reiji world will have them too
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 09:25   Link #49
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
The roster for this episode.....

Good god, Lieutenant Ral and Sensei; so incredibly Shounen. Kirara had the correct reaction.

........the one detractor of the episode: the China and Aila get unilaterally wasted, making it "the Boys' Game" like any old Gundam series. Though it made up for it somewhat that the only reason Sei and Reiji didn't join them was because the girls saved their butts..............

Oh my dearie, AMAZING EXIA REPAIR AND PERFECT GUNDAM.

That final Build Knuckle. Utterly badass.

The prez and Baker were partners 'til the end.

I thought Reiji explained Sei's "lack" of skill sufficiently enough; it's not that he wasn't skilled, but he likes Gunpla so much that he wasn't concentrating because he didn't want to wreck the Gunplas he built.

So Aila gets pulled over to Arian with Reiji, and cements ReijixAila!!! (well, essentially cemented, if it weren't for Reiji's blockheaded-ness ) Nice how they set that up with the crystal they gave her way back. Happy endings for everybody.

They DO need a sequel for this. Sometime maybe 10 years later or so when all the old characters are settled with their significant others.

I'd give this more than a 10 if they had more on the scale.
Old 2014-03-31, 09:30   Link #50
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Mr. Ral>>>>>>>>Infinity>>>>Original Ramba Ral
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 09:45   Link #51
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Funny thing About Exia Repair is that it S2 00 gundam. but at same time the MBS contract is expire this day lol

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 09:47   Link #52
anotheran

Build knuckle -> Double Build Knuckle -> Hyper Build Knuckle

AWESOME! What will be the next progression for build knuckle?

Could it be Cosmos Build Knuckle??!

Last edited by anotheran; 2014-03-31 at 10:01.
anotheran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 10:01   Link #53
G147

Galaxy Build Knuckle. xD
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 10:03   Link #54
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Funny thing About Exia Repair is that it S2 00 gundam. but at same time the MBS contract is expire this day lol
It expired today? Really? What timing.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 10:05   Link #55
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

The demand for Build Booster MK-II just skyrocketed after this episode

Actual winner of this episode: Bandai

And lol at Sei and Reiji guarding the remains of the Bearguy and Miss Sazabi, it's not like they would be dead if blown up...this is not actual combat
Old 2014-03-31, 10:14   Link #56
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Thoughts on finale.

Now that's how a finale should be. All out pandemonium & I loved every minute of it.

The A Baoa Qu got a nod. Its symbolic because it was Zeon's last line of defense in the OYW. So being used here as the lass boss, was an excellent choice.

Watching everyone take on the Mass-produced models reminded me of when Celestial Being took on basically all of earth's forces back in season 1 of 00. Mao's Crossbone was basically the Virtue of the group. XD We had everyone showcasing their skills a bit & it struck me that even China got some game. Apparently, she was doing some off-screen training...lol

Don't get me started on Ral & Chinan joining the fray. they are beasts!!! I always had an idea that Ral is a known/popular figure in the gunlpa world, but I didn't think he'd be so absurdly strong. So did he lose to Reiji on purpose all those times? Trying to motivate Reiji's gunpla drive?

Exia Repair also got a nod. I fanboyed a bit. Yuuki & Takeshi bursting onto the scene & Yuuki being OP as usual. Really, this guy is my fave character in the series, followed by Reiji.

Then we have Aila & China tanking blows for Reiji & Sei. Ah, young love.

Really though, even the final episode wasn't spared the RG Build Knuckle. Only difference is that RG was replaced with Hyper... -_-

Mashita is probably one of the derpiest villains I've ever seen. He actually confessed his crime to Reiji who didn't even know of his existence & even his fear of going back home was for naught. He's become a successful businessman in Arian & even Baker came with him. She got that love bug.

Then Reiji/Sei & Yuuki have what they thought would be the last gunpla battle ever, so they both made makeshift repairs to their units & proceeded to battle. The battle wasn't really shown, rather, we get a retcon-like speech about why Sei's control ability was horrible. Turns out that he just didn't want to scratch his toys. -_- This is further emphasized when he suddenly 1-UPs Yuuki & as he was about to land the decisive blow, the particles stopped flowing. Leaving the match a draw.

Looks like Sei is more OP than we thought. The most creative builder in the series & may damn well be one of the OP controllers in Reiji's & Yuuki's league. & you tell me that isn't a retcon? The whole reason why he needed Reiji in the first place is because his control was bad. Now he's even rivaling Yuuki & its implied at the end of the match there that he was going to win. That's a little bit of bullshit honestly.

Then, Reiji begins returning home, only to have a heartfelt final conversation with his friend & leaving everyone else dumbfounded at what they're seeing. They share one last high-five & promise to battle again in the future.

Reiji, now home, has a little monologue about his time with Sei, only to be interrupted by Aila. Who with the convenient excuse of "you forgot this (Beginning Gundam)", accompanied him to his home world, Arian. When asked why she tagged along, she replied that she made a wish. When asked about the wish, (as if it weren't already obvious enough) she goes tsun & calls him an idiot. Quite the Casanova aren't you, Reiji? lol As a shipper, that couldn't make me any happier. I'm glad that they weren't separated. She had nothing to lose, since she has no family & was poor/homeless. So coming over to that side means a fresh start & Reiji may even provide her financial support, since its in his character to do things like that.

The final montage shows how life has been for everyone over the past year (between 7th & 8th World tournaments) & basically shows that everyone is doing fine. As the final scene of the series, we see Sei, now a single competitor, gearing up with his Star Build Cosmos to participate in a qualifier match for the tournament. I so wanna see what Star Build Cosmos is all about. From what I gathered, it had two orbs orbiting (Red & Blue) around it at the end there.

I can already imagine that all his friends have already qualified, even if they weren't shown battling & Yuuki is basically guaranteed automatic entry due to his Meijin status.

Also, I have to say that the season 2 vibe is strong with this one. I've got that feeling. It just didn't feel like the end. We've got plenty of reasons to get another season. Arian can e explored & not only that, but they can also develop their own gunpla battle system. Reiji & Sei's promise to battle again. The 8th world tournament & even a later one.

Overall, this episode was amazing & honestly speaking, I wouldn't change any of it. It gets a perfect 10 for producing a satisfying ending & even giving a possible nod to a sequel season. Though, if at any point, said hypothetical sequel features a time skip, Yuuki had better won a world tournament or two because I'll flip some tables if he didn't. I doubt Sei can hold that title for years, he'll win no doubt, but not consecutively.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2014-03-31 at 10:26.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 10:16   Link #57
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
What timing indeed. But thanks to that, Sunrise gave us more mechas that haven't been animated yet throughout the series like the Crossbone, N Dagger N, etc.
Old 2014-03-31, 10:26   Link #58
Somnus
Eh?

I haven't been this satisfied by an ending, no, a SERIES (and a Gundam one, at that!) in a really long time. Zero complaints.

The Gundam fanboy in me is satisfied, the shipper in me is extremely satisfied (even got antagonist ships-a-sailin'), and the anime fanboy in me is satisfied. Well done, Sunrise. I shall cherish this show like a treasure, for I imagine it'll be a long time before I have something like this again!

I'd go into particulars, but why bother? I'd just be writing a summary of every second of the episode.

But damn, how sad was I when there was no preview after the gundam model bit at the end? ;_;
Old 2014-03-31, 10:30   Link #59
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Well more precisely it 2 days ago. 5 years after 00 S2 end.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 10:34   Link #60
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

MOAR. I WANT MOAR. I can't believe this series has come to an end. The first ep was weak and I dropped it for almost three months... then I tried it again and my god.

My thoughts on the final episode:

[ALLIED FORCE INTENSIFIES]

ULTIMATE COMBINATION ATTACK! SHISHOU! TAII!

[FLAMENCO MAXIMUM]

MOEAGARE!

MOEAGARE!

MOEAGARE!

GUNNNNPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! !!

My heart. All the feels. It can't take it. There's only one thing I can do:

Tomorrow, after work, with the money from my bonus, I will go and buy gunpla.

MOEAGARE! GUNPLAA! ;__;

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote