2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-03-31, 10:39   Link #61
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Don't get me started on Ral & Chinan joining the fray. they are beasts!!! I always had an idea that Ral is a known/popular figure in the gunlpa world, but I didn't think he'd be so absurdly strong. So did he lose to Reiji on purpose all those times? Trying to motivate Reiji's gunpla drive?
Mr. Ral was using a crappy gunpla.

Quote:
Looks like Sei is more OP than we thought. The most creative builder in the series & may damn well be one of the OP controllers in Reiji's & Yuuki's league. & you tell me that isn't a retcon? The whole reason why he needed Reiji in the first place is because his control was bad. Now he's even rivaling Yuuki & its implied at the end of the match there that he was going to win. That's a little bit of bullshit honestly.
I remember people complaining about Sei not having skill, why he shouldn't rely on Reiji, and fight his own battles.
Now, you're complaining Sei is OP?
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 10:39   Link #62
Sixth
Hu Tao

Nice ending. If only every anime has such a perfect ending scene.

Really love the Alia/Reiji scene. Apparently, being Mashita isn't that bad as he somehow scored a beautiful girl despite being not handsome or smart.

So, the reason why Alia at Reiji's homeworld is because of the necklace?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 10:44   Link #63
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
Mr. Ral was using a crappy gunpla.
Reiji pwned a group with a RX-79 Ball. So crappy gunpla is not an excuse.

Quote:
I remember people complaining about Sei not having skill, why he shouldn't rely on Reiji, and fight his own battles.
Now, you're complaining Sei is OP?
K, I wasn't one of those that complained about Sei not having skill or anything like that. I just found it kinda retcon-ish that he's the most OP builder in this series & now has control skill that's implied to put him on par with Reiji & Yuuki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
I haven't been this satisfied by an ending, no, a SERIES (and a Gundam one, at that!) in a really long time. Zero complaints.

The Gundam fanboy in me is satisfied, the shipper in me is extremely satisfied (even got antagonist ships-a-sailin'), and the anime fanboy in me is satisfied. Well done, Sunrise. I shall cherish this show like a treasure, for I imagine it'll be a long time before I have something like this again!

I'd go into particulars, but why bother? I'd just be writing a summary of every second of the episode.

But damn, how sad was I when there was no preview after the gundam model bit at the end? ;_;
I know what you mean. I'm extremely satisfied. It really is one of the best anime finales I've seen in years. It was PERFECT.

As a shipper, I'm flying high right about now, so nothing can take that feeling away...lol

Though i was half expecting a preview after the model kit advertisement. I REALLY didn't want this to end, but as they say, "all good things come to an end."
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 10:55   Link #64
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Reiji pwned a group with a RX-79 Ball. So crappy gunpla is not an excuse.
None of those Zeonists are comparable to Reiji, and none of their gunpla are comparable to Build Strike.
Old 2014-03-31, 10:56   Link #65
Side-streetdog

I must admit at first I have very low expectation on this series.
"What? anime for sell Gunpla? This gonna be suck"
...something like that. It can't be help since it come after Age series.
But when this show really start I got hit ...very BIG ONE.
While it idiocy in many point and too much Gunpla for sell.
I can't say I didn't enjoy it. In fact it one of only few anime that I watch every week.

It unexpectedly fun and very enjoyable.
I don't know this series will have 2 season or not,
But I hope they will made something that enjoyable like this in the future.
Old 2014-03-31, 10:56   Link #66
kuroihikari2

Sei's situation was explained, though, and was shown improving through the series.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 11:01   Link #67
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
None of those Zeonists are comparable to Reiji, and none of their gunpla are comparable to Build Strike.
Ok, so you're nitpicking a bit now.

Alright, then a better example would be the Beginning Gundam vs the Gundam MK. II in episode 23. The difference in build quality made a difference, agreed. But also, the control skill factor closed the gap. Seeing as Ral is that skilled, he shouldn't have been losing to Reiji so easily in the early episodes.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2014-03-31, 11:01   Link #68
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Bandai please hired this writer for every Gundam in the near future, first 00 than come this masterpiece! Do it!
Old 2014-03-31, 11:07   Link #69
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Damn, I knew that this ending is slightly similar to G Gundam! A great ending to this hidden gem to the Gundam series!

Now then, something that's bugging me about Takeshi Iori... Could it be that he's Kyoshiro since he's piloting a Perfect Gundam?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 11:07   Link #70
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Bandai please hired this writer for every Gundam in the near future, first 00 than come this masterpiece! Do it!
except the writer needs to change his writing when it comes to battle scene. Finishing everything with a knuckle is not good.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 11:10   Link #71
hai_san

Well well wasnt that an awesome final EP. While it did leave some unanswered question and conclusions, it did wrap it up all in a great way. I really hope it get another 2nd season, but even without the serie as stand alone is really fantanstic.

I wouldnt give it a "perfect" 10 but 9,999999 is indefinitely close to perfect!

ps: too bad there was no Amuro cameo in the end...
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 11:12   Link #72
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Ok, so you're nitpicking a bit now.

Alright, then a better example would be the Beginning Gundam vs the Gundam MK. II in episode 23. The difference in build quality made a difference, agreed. But also, the control skill factor closed the gap. Seeing as Ral is that skilled, he shouldn't have been losing to Reiji so easily in the early episodes.
Ral's Gouf created a gigantic hurricane by simply spinning around. How is that even piloting skill?
Simple explanation is that Ral's Gouf is an OP Mobile suit.
Mr. Ral already explained the reason Reiji won was because of Build Strike(And Ral piloting an obsolete MS).
Old 2014-03-31, 11:33   Link #73
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Ral's Gouf created a gigantic hurricane by simply spinning around. How is that even piloting skill?
Simple explanation is that Ral's Gouf is an OP Mobile suit.
Mr. Ral already explained the reason Reiji won was because of Build Strike(And Ral piloting an obsolete MS).
Dude, in this show, pilot skill = OPness...lol Seriously though, yea his Gouf is OP, but by that alone, we can safely assume that he's also a beast pilot. The fact that he & Chinan have combination moves is testimony to that. We've seen just how beastly Chinan can be in those flashbacks & if he & Ral go way back, that says volumes.

K, we'll leave it at that.
Old 2014-03-31, 11:33   Link #74
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Sei was hardly on Reiji or Yuuki league, he's more about Mao's, certainly better than Sazaki or Gonda but not world champion tier

Twice he fought superior opponent to a standstill, twice he use superior gunpla.

Against Reiji, he use Mk.II, several tier above Beginning. Against Yuuki, he use unscratched kitbash that is Build Strike, against heavily damaged, heavily imbalanced Exia with Kampfer parts.

Sei STILL have a room to grow, which is why Reiji said Sei need to become stronger.
Old 2014-03-31, 11:35   Link #75
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
The demand for Build Booster MK-II just skyrocketed after this episode

Actual winner of this episode: Bandai

And lol at Sei and Reiji guarding the remains of the Bearguy and Miss Sazabi, it's not like they would be dead if blown up...this is not actual combat
but they will lose their first gunpla forever
(they will not able to repair them)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 11:37   Link #76
Blazer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Against Reiji, he use Mk.II, several tier above Beginning. Against Yuuki, he use unscratched kitbash that is Build Strike, against heavily damaged, heavily imbalanced Exia with Kampfer parts.
Unscratched? Uh... it's missing one eye, the entirety of his head vulcans and has a giant gash on its chest. They were both equally damaged kit-bashes at that point.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 11:37   Link #77
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

As for Ral's OP-ness.... you guys forgot that he's amongst the few who remark the revolution in Gunpla battle...

What's that? Plavsky Hax? It's all about building and piloting, riding the plavsky wave ho!
Old 2014-03-31, 11:37   Link #78
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

as I expected...
bittersweet ending with Seiji's farewell (and yes he brought the future hobo queen to Arian)
GBF so far is kinda reserved with the matchup and everything, but not in this episode
full of explosions and gundams showing of their skills

plenty of plotholes? yes...such as why the plavsky particle is still working?
but at this point, in the final episode, it doesn't really matter and I don't really care

9/10 for this episode
8/10 for overall series and I blamed Build Knuckle for making some of the fights 'anti climatic'

wish sunrise and bandai are considering to make second season for this
the potentials are there...
Old 2014-03-31, 11:38   Link #79
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer-X View Post
Unscratched? Uh... it's missing one eye, the entirety of his head vulcans and has a giant gash on its chest. They were both equally damaged kit-bashes at that point.
It's arms are almost new and perfectly match, it's using a tricky melee weapon made by top class builder, it's legs are COMPLETELY INTACT

Compare to Amazing Exia, using Kampfer parts on one arm and one leg destroy the balance, and the Exia parts are halfway pulverized
Old 2014-03-31, 11:41   Link #80
Sinzz
Orange

OMGGG all the feels!!! This was an amazing series and it sucks that it ended so soon. I was expecting another 50 episode Gundam series so when I found out it was only HALF as long, my heart sank. They sure did wrap this up nicely though. Jesus I was near tears when it ended and actually watched until the end after the commercial in anticipation for the "next episode" even though I know there wouldn't be one. Every single fight scene, every single battle was super well done, even if Build Knuckle was overused and OP, but I've come to expect that kind of stuff with the main characters nowadays. That last fight though between Sei and Meijin left me wanting more, especially since there was no conclusion!!!!

Definitely an amazing Gundam series. Thank you Build Fighters!!!!
Sinzz is offline   Reply With Quote