Old 2014-01-10, 17:06   Link #341
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... son of a bitch...
Old 2014-01-10, 18:12   Link #342
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Can anyone explain for me why I would want to forma and what it does? It wasn't around when I last played, It was just the catalyst that increase your mod count to 60.
Old 2014-01-10, 18:38   Link #343
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

It basically resets an items rank back to zero but in the process allows you to choose a polarity slot (which can half the points required to fit a mod), this is handy when you've fused a mod to a high level where it takes up 10-12 points and by having a matching polarity slot you can half that which allows you to fit more high level mods to an item.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 18:49   Link #344
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Oh right so its pretty needed then, adding more stuff to the grinder
Old 2014-01-10, 21:06   Link #345
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

All things considered, there's actually enough guns and weapons out there that you can still get to Level 6 fairly easily. I'm at 8 myself.

If you guys are hurting for slots, I've no problem sending some plat your way to buy weapon slots.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 00:28   Link #346
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Phobos. Lord in hell, I'm going to be so glad to leave this wretched moon behind me.
Old 2014-01-12, 09:04   Link #347
KBTKaiser

Finally got my Boar Prime stock, GOODBYE VOID MOBILE DEFENSE...and good riddance.

7 runs of T1, not a single stock drop
1 run of T2, the stock falls into my lap on a 1 terminal run.

Last edited by KBTKaiser; 2014-01-12 at 09:15.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 13:26   Link #348
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Consider yourself lucky. I need to do T2 or T3 Exterminates to get the Prime weapon piece I want.
Old 2014-01-12, 13:54   Link #349
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I am STILL looking for frost prime systems from T3 exterminations...

I've ran out of keys though, so I've had to beg for invites in the recruitment channel =E

Encountered an infuriating bug thats cost me platinum in that items that where finished in the foundry have charged me a rush fee when claiming them.... its now happened for the second time.

On the bright side the new flack launcher is a beast against infested and when fitted with seeking force (projectiles punch through) its great for mob clearance.

Old 2014-01-12, 20:13   Link #350
KBTKaiser

Dakra Prime blade or Sicarus Prime reciever, rising? I got lucky on a T2 for the blade.

And Drake, for some reason I have had an ungodly drop rate for Systems whenever I host T3s for someone...
Old 2014-01-12, 20:48   Link #351
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Dakra Prime blade, yeah. I don't have much to trade with, though, and I still need to farm for another blade with my brother--he's looking for one as well.

In other news...

Got my Djinn and Nekros construction started, my Dera ranked out (decided to supercharge it and mod it up for a viable anti-Grineer weapon), and my Akviper Wraiths and Dual Heat Swords are almost maxed out rank-wise, same with my Dethcube. Started using Tigris and damn near have it halfway ranked.

Today has been very productive.

EDIT: Swords and Dethcube are maxed, and almost rank 29 for the Vipers. Very productive day.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2014-01-12 at 22:06.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 00:17   Link #352
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Personally, my favorite sentinel is Carrier, because it's just so darned useful at collecting pickups. makes missions a lot easier. Plus, that shotgun can be outfitted right to do equivalent damage to a 5th teammate.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-01-13, 00:18   Link #353
KBTKaiser

okay, just throwing this out there? I have an INSANE excess of Void exterminate and survival, so if people want to trade keys or party up, I'm very open to it.

How much excess? at least 80 T1 exterminates and around 35 T3s exterminates off the top of my head as a guesstimate value.
Old 2014-01-13, 00:20   Link #354
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Assuming I can get my brother off of Final Fantasy 8, I'll let him know and we'll join you on some T3 exterminates. ._.

Okay, serious question time: are they phasing out the Stalker encounter entirely? I'd like to get his weapons without spending 800 bloody platinum, but from what I've seen of the game's update notes... they're making it impossible. He had a 5% encounter rate before. Then they halved that to 2.5%. And apparently in the Drakgoon update, they dropped it down to 1.5%. The way they're going, it'll be once in a blue moon before anyone sees Stalker.
Old 2014-01-13, 00:23   Link #355
KBTKaiser

a few excessive runs against some biological assassinations(Alad V counts for Mechanical due to Harvester) should fix that, I think.
Old 2014-01-13, 03:23   Link #356
T-6000

I decided to give Warframe a try FINALLY, hell I had to pry myself away from Warface. And so far.....I like it. It's pretty good. I'll admit I was confused at first when I played the first level, as the tutorial is kinda rubbish. I'm surprised my co-op partners didn't loose their patience with me. But I decided to play through the first level a few more times solo, which wasn't hard for me. In fact, it was really a piece of cake as long as I didn't rush too quickly. I'm gonna see if I can go through the rest of Mercury solo, and maybe some of the other planets too. I imagine that after awhile it'll get too tough to complete solo. Graphics are actually pretty nice for a F2P game. Anyone know what engine Warface is using?

I'm definitely going to play some more Warframe in the future, as I do need a bit of a break from Warface, But between Warface and Warframe, I'm starting to change my mind about Free to Play games. If done right (and not without the "I can make a quck buck" attitude many F2P developers seem to have) Free to Play games can actually be fun. But I guess we'll see what the future holds for F2P.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 04:06   Link #357
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Well, most of the advice to new players was posted earlier, but if you need a leg up, look out for WhiskeyGolf - that's me - or DrakeUK - we'd be more than happy to give you a leg up.

Heck, if you need help for anything, go to the recruiting channel and ask around - people are always hanging around looking for full groups.

Some quick recruiting chat jargon:

lf> = Looking For.
ODA / ODE / ODS / ODD = Orokin Derelict Assasination / Extermination / Survival / Defense.
T1/T2/T3 = Orokin Void, Tower 1/2/3.

Best part of this game: you can make EVERYTHING from farmed resources. Even Rare resources will eventually drop enough. The only things you need platinum for are for warframe and weapon slots - and there are regular 50% plat discounts as a consecutive login reward. (Have gotten 6 50% discounts and two 75% discounts.)

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-01-13, 06:01   Link #358
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Drake Helped me out loads, got back into the game pretty easy. I still suck though Showed me the void which was pretty awesome looking and had some cool traps. Ran a lot of missions to get ember bits and control modules etc.
Old 2014-01-13, 06:52   Link #359
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
okay, just throwing this out there? I have an INSANE excess of Void exterminate and survival, so if people want to trade keys or party up, I'm very open to it.

How much excess? at least 80 T1 exterminates and around 35 T3s exterminates off the top of my head as a guesstimate value.
I'd be game for some T3 extermination, maybe I'll actually fine frost prime systems for a change. =]

Happy to help Ak3mi !

To expand a little on what Wild Goose has said, although the game has "platinum" which is used to buy aesthetic things as well frames/weapons with real world cash (as most free to play models do) platinum itself is also a trade'able commodity.

Meaning that if you find yourself with a bunch of rare mods or void keys you don't need, you can simply sell them to other players for platinum. Which means nothing is truly unobtainable and you can get by without spending any real cash at all.

Old 2014-01-13, 13:53   Link #360
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Keep in mind, though, that without the use of platinum, it's going to take a long time to build things. 12 hours for item upgrades (Orokin Catalysts and Reactors, Forma), 12 to 24 hours for weapons and Warframe components, and 3 freakin' days for a completed Warframe. Each construction can be expedited through the use of platinum.

Tags
cyborg, fps, ninja