1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-15, 01:43   Link #321
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
(...)after noticing Avalon on the radar. (apparently radar's can detect names in Geass, as we saw this episode )
It's called Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) - a real-life radio beacon system that allows military units to locate and distinguish allied units from enemy ones. And if you're in a worldwide cold war situation, it doesn't hurt to give other countries the ship's name/call sign for deterrence and whatnot. Some ships have this large-bandwidth broadcast system allowing other emitters to identify them by name and nationality. So why not here? It's not like they were attempting to hide their presence, were they?

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-03-15 at 02:00.
Renegade334 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 05:42   Link #322
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

In reality, bigger doesn't mean better. The bigger tank you have, the bigger target you are for the enemy. Which is why most prototype tank are designed to have lower profile and lighter and mechs are still a sci-fi thing as it's massive profile isn't practical in modern warfare at all.

Gawain is mostly likely used as a support/command/stealth unit while Lancelot and Guren II are more for assault/interception due to their speed and mobility.
Old 2007-03-15, 06:08   Link #323
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Gawain is mostly likely used as a support/command/stealth unit while Lancelot and Guren II are more for assault/interception due to their speed and mobility.
I really don't quite get it why ppl just automatically "assume" that Lancelot is faster than Gawain. Sure gawain is bigger and everything, but we havn't seen any real speed of gawain. Just because Lulu + CC loves to fly slowly in that god like stance in ep 20 doesn't mean Gawain can't do a barrel roll like Lancelot. We just don't know, have anyone seen the spec of knightmare yet? Their engine are totally different, don't judge speed on size.

For all we know Gawain is able to scrap units as fast as lancelot in ep 20 and it gets to the commander heli at the same time as lancelot in ep 20. (Even with a slight head start from lancelot).
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 07:51   Link #324
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Cause it's natural that you lose speed with more mass
Considering it has a built in Float system and those 2 shoulder beam cannon, it's natural to assume it probably have less maneuverability and speed (acceleration) compare to smaller KF. Unless it has significantly more powerful engine/reactor core.

Then again, it's an anime. It might be another Strike Freedom
Old 2007-03-15, 09:37   Link #325
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
We just don't know, have anyone seen the spec of knightmare yet? Their engine are totally different, don't judge speed on size.
Don't rely on specs to extrapolate mech capabilities from them. It's not like UC Gundam, Macross or Patlabor - we just have weight and height and that is hardly sufficient to establish reliable conclusions...merely throw out wild speculation. Since CG isn't into physics as well as the aforementioned are, we end up treading on uneven and shaky grounds.

As for Gawain, even though the official website hasn't been updated on that matter yet (they seem slower than when GSD was still on...sigh), AmuroNT1 (who often contributes with mahq.net's mecha databases) has 'completed' the KF page on Wikipedia by writing that the Gawain (IFX-V301) is 6.57m tall and 14,570kg heavy.

I have yet to see where he got that piece of information. Animage's latest mech lineart scans certainly don't show it.

So take this with a grain of salt.
Old 2007-03-15, 20:46   Link #326
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asianknight82 View Post
I wonder, was I the only one that grinned when Nina got manhandled? lol
The only thing that was missing was the pimp slap
Old 2007-03-16, 14:54   Link #327
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
He's also famous for writing/composing songs for Scryed and Planet-ES, and slew of other TV shows, anime or non-anime.
Ah, I knew it. His voice is so recognizable. It seems like a pretty good song too...

It's almost a shame that no matter what Nina does, it's impossible to respect her because of 'that scene'. I'm a bit surprised that she is getting any characterization at all... I was sure that she was going to be killed off.

Euphie's confession was kind of lame. "I have self esteem issues. You have self esteem issues. Let's make each other feel less pathetic. <3"

But forget this episode, Viletta makes a return next ep (and she's wearing a pretty dress... o_o)
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 17:43   Link #328
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
But forget this episode, Viletta makes a return next ep (and she's wearing a pretty dress... o_o)
Spoiler:
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 07:10   Link #329
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Hmm..my first time commenting a Code Geass Episode..Found this episode tooooo cheesy. I loved how the show started as such a practical one. Inspite of seeming like a major Death Note rip off in some aspects, i was still ery impressed since I dont watch much of mecha. But now it seems..that the character consistency is losing out, and most of the situations dont even make sense any more to me. I hope the series ends well..because this had the signs of greatness but seems to be just not hitting the right point.
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 03:41   Link #330
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Concerning the Battle and Nina:

Spoiler:
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote