AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-01-29, 11:03   Link #7781
js06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
Thanks js06 and Ynot for the new chapter. Haven't seen js06 post here recently, do you know if he still checked by the forums every so often Ynot?
I check the thread from time to time to see what people are saying.
js06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 11:13   Link #7782
Homura7

A list of characters whose fragment powers were increased after having the Eden Seed implanted in their bodies:

Quote:
Adam Arclight

-Zero: same as Blade -> PF Zero: Every ability he learns exponentially increased

Riru

-Nothing special aside of control people's movements and inanimate objects -> Psychokinesis: Now is the strongest of all fragments

Uten

-Bermuda Arport: Turn non-organic matter invisible -> Turn any type of matter, organic or not, invisible

Saten

-Heat Absorption -> The Fourth Wave

Seth

-Gravitation: Gyro Gravitation, manipulate gravity -> Ultra powered Gyro Gravitation, can control both the direction and the location of the gravity
Now then, Eve also had the Eden Seed injected but so far there hasn't been any significant improvement on her Doppelganger.

Teruyama too received the forbidden fruit, so expect something new from him, kinda like what his deranged clone displayed.

Did I miss anyone?
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 11:17   Link #7783
Soji

Adan@ 666 and maybe Yamada (ma with Yamada we not sure for now)
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 11:22   Link #7784
Homura7

According with Saten, the Eden Seed turns humans into needlesses, it's true, but it also has the capability to awaken already full fleshed needlesses. This info has been extracted from ch. 91.

In both cases, there's the chance that either, the human or the needless, may die.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 11:25   Link #7785
Soji

^ Yeah and if we right yamada survive them two time . One from Eve(if we right) and the second time from the Pfzero. Now if he survive even a the spear ....I really gonna wonder who love him so much from the heaven.
Old 2012-01-29, 12:55   Link #7786
ShadowsAsgard

In any event it seems there are plenty of occasions Cruz has had to develop an ability.

Arclight has nine out of the twelve stigmata, so who could they be? Logic dictates that people with stigmata would probably be powerful Missing Link Needless. Saten and Uten have stigmata for sure - we've seen them, after all. Arca and Riru probably have one as well, so that's four. Strom is apparently with Simeon now, and he was pretty powerful, so he might also have one. As for the rest I have no clue; presumably some are people we've never seen on-panel.

Btw, if someone could send me the most recent chapter that'd be great. Dunno why it took me so long to ask, but it'd be much appreciated.
ShadowsAsgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 14:23   Link #7787
Goge Fox Hound

Hi.

I know it's a little despicable that I still don't create a presentation topic, but given that I'm italian and I'm here only to ask you for a favor I'd really appreciate if you were to do that.

Eventually the chapter would've been released so it's a matter of time before it happens, anyway speaking of the chapter 98 could you please send me the raw or whatever you're holding hidden via pm? é.è
I'd be very grateful. ^^

Last edited by Goge Fox Hound; 2012-01-29 at 14:38.
Goge Fox Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 02:22   Link #7788
pir

Hello everyone, I am new on this forum. I read all ideas about Cruz, in the end i have my theory about power of Cruz. Why everyone forget about chapter 21? If you see situation in this chapter about testament stop before killing Teruyama and chapter 42 where Arca stop before killing Cruz they similar. I believe this show power of Cruz! What is it? Testament and Arca tries moved to kill target. And they can’t. Cruz have fragment that controls movement of objects. He can stop any object and accelerate motion an object. If object moves with too much velocity, that appears friction about atmosphere and object can burn. This did him similar with his sister. Cruz can burn anything! Plus another thing. How everyone I believe Cruz soon show his power. Maybe because one good person will use Eden Seed spear on him? But only bad writer give his hero super power without any foreshadowing. Imai Kami is not bad writer and did many foreshadowing: about clones, Setsuna try to kill Cruz. Maybe this is one? I reread chapter 21 and see two unknown persons, one have light hand. Maybe this is true saver of Cruz? Sorry for bad English.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-01-31 at 01:53.
pir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 02:58   Link #7789
erapath

I just wonder if it end at capture 100, how will it end?
Do Cruz have a needless?
Why do Blade going to die?
Who is AnN and, how is she formed?
erapath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 03:02   Link #7790
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

i hope they dont kill off too many of the characters in finishing this part of the story

The girl squad MUST live!!!!!! they just got to!!!
Old 2012-01-30, 11:54   Link #7791
Skieth

So this is a question that I wanted to address to everyone. There's been a lot of discussion recently about how and when Cruz is going to become a Needless, and that got me thinking about something.

Do you think Cruz would have been a more interesting character if would have had a Needles power right from the start of the series, regardless of what it would have been or (might) be?

I have my own thoughts on this, but I'l hold off till I see what the rest of you say.
Skieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 11:57   Link #7792
Soji

Honestly no. It's better this way. See him to develop a person and becoming emotionally stronger and courageous and then get Needless power (as I think it will happen soon).
Old 2012-01-30, 12:01   Link #7793
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Personaly I think the first part of Needless as a strory about a boy who grew into a man (who crossdreses).
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 13:25   Link #7794
ShadowsAsgard

Cruz having a fragment to begin with would change his character so radically as to make him an entirely different person.

Cruz's entire development over the course of the manga is about him learning to stand up for himself. We see him grow from a frightened child who always hid behind his sister, to someone who still lags in terms of power but uses his mind to help out as best he can, to a man who is willing to run headlong into danger in order to help his friends. The Cruz from the first half of the story would never have run in after Blade and co. in the current arc.

It's interesting that Cruz himself seems to have noticed this; he recognises that the past him would never do what he's doing right now, and in the Memories arc he comes to the conclusion that he was destined to go back in time to help Blade in order to find out what true strength is. Having him develop a power now would be symbolic and tie in with his growing self-confidence.
ShadowsAsgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 13:30   Link #7795
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

I wish I had better internet access. A maximum two hours a day at the public library really isn't enough... By the time I've come here and read through the day's posts, I've no time left to write a proper response. And the last time I did manage to compose something, the out of date browser (IE6) threw up an error message and lost everything I had typed. Of course, there wasn't time to do it again...

So, anyway, please excuse this random collection of responses to out of date topics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
I still don't think it's Arclight is because of a few reasons. First, Aruka knows who did it, even saying "あのお方が". If it was Arclight who did it, wouldn't Aruka have used his name?
Ah, but that would have blown Arclight's big dramatic entrance, wouldn't it? It all falls a bit flat if it's announced beforehand.
About that expression on Arca's face when she says that... I dunno, you see it as fear, but to me it looks pretty much the same as the one she's been wearing for the past three pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowsAsgard View Post
It's good to finally find a place to discuss Needless.

Also I have a theory about Cruz. It's probably already been put forward but I'll throw it out there anyway.

It seems fairly clear that Cruz is not entirely human...
Welcome to the battle discussion. As you may have gathered, there are a lot of people here who agree with your theory. I don't, as it happens. Or didn't. Though if Cruz really did survive blows that should have broken his neck, I might have to revise my opinion.
But I think I'll wait for the full translation to appear before making my mind up.

My thoughts on Setsuna and Kuchinashi trying to kill Yamada:

I just can't believe that they would decide to do that of their own accord. After all, they parted on reasonably friendly terms, considering they're mortal enemies. (And they even sent Rin to help Cruz out at Black Market. Well, to help Mio out. But she wouldn't have needed that help if she wasn't siding with Cruz.) Anyway, if it had been their idea, they wouldn't need to ask Mio if she'd "heard" about it. Where else would she hear it from? No, it's got to be an order from higher up.

The real mystery here is why anyone would give that order. There are very few people in Simeon who know that Yamada is really Cruz, and last we heard they didn't want to kill him in any case. So maybe the order comes from someone who doesn't know who "she" is. Ishiyama could have reported that there was a rogue Girls Squad member associating with Blade & co, and the decision could have been made to eliminate the "traitor". But then again, Mio doesn't seem to be in any trouble, so that doesn't make much sense either...

By the way, while I was writing the original version of that, I saw an old bloke at the information desk who was a dead ringer for Ishiyama. Spooky.

Now, about Arca's attitude towards Cruz. I don't think her (apparently) inconsistent behaviour is that hard to understand, if we recognise the fact that it reflects an inner conflict. Basically, she both loves Cruz because he's her brother, and hates him because he's weak. So she's being pulled in two different directions, and may go either way depending on the circumstances.

When the Resistance are being slaughtered, Arca can't bring herself to kill Cruz in cold blood. But later, in the Third Shelter, she's angry (at herself, for what she would see as her "weakness" in previously failing to dispose of Cruz in person, and possibly at him for surviving, therefore exposing that weakness) and that anger is enough to overcome her reluctance. I don't know how many of you have little brothers, but I do, and believe me, I've been there... Finally, at Black Market, Arca is surprised to discover that Cruz is still alive. She'd probably be in the "Cruz is becoming a Needless" camp if she were posting here. Well, anyhow, it gives her reason to hope that he's become stronger - perhaps strong enough to be worthy of being her brother after all. Hence she provides him with an escape route - but one that can only be used if he first overcomes a significant obstacle in the person of a powerful Needless (namely Hatfield).

Looks like I actually have time to respond to today's posts now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by erapath View Post
I just wonder if it end at capture 100, how will it end?
Do Cruz have a needless?
Why do Blade going to die?
Who is AnN and, how is she formed?
Part I won't end at chapter 100. There's too much to fit in, and it can't end only two chapters into volume 15.
Blade isn't going to die.
ANn is created from the fusion of Blade and Eve.

Warning: The above statements reflect this poster's opinions only, and should not be regarded as official.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skieth View Post
Do you think Cruz would have been a more interesting character if would have had a Needles power right from the start of the series, regardless of what it would have been or (might) be?
Of course not. If Cruz had a fragment, he would be relegated to making up the numbers and providing comic relief. We already have Teruyama for that. The whole reason for Cruz's existence is to provide a contrast with all the characters who do have powers. And to dress up as a girl, obviously.
Old 2012-01-30, 18:18   Link #7796
yuzen003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayo A. View Post
Part I won't end at chapter 100. There's too much to fit in, and it can't end only two chapters into volume 15.
Blade isn't going to die.
ANn is created from the fusion of Blade and Eve.
Random guess, but could ANn be a fusion of Blade, Eve, and Cruz? ANn seems to be linked with all of them and it would provide a reason for the Black Madam to take care of ANn as she knows and seems to have a good opinion of Cruz.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 18:23   Link #7797
Soji

yuzen003@ Well she does seem have something from all of them. And both AnN and Cruz call themself * true Needless* or something like this.
Old 2012-01-30, 19:45   Link #7798
yuzen003

It might be how Imai Kami incorporates the idea of the holy trinity, there have been hints such as the cross of the second Christ with the 3 winged Byakugou that the trinity may be significant.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 03:38   Link #7799
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzen003 View Post
Random guess, but could ANn be a fusion of Blade, Eve, and Cruz? ANn seems to be linked with all of them and it would provide a reason for the Black Madam to take care of ANn as she knows and seems to have a good opinion of Cruz.
hmm..quite possible.
Should Blade in grave danger and Cruz want to help, Doppelganger can act as glue for both individual

...like Sandwich.....lol....remind me of three some...with eve between Cruz and Blade
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 07:05   Link #7800
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skieth View Post
Absolutely not. One of my favorite (if not my favorite) things about Needless is that Cruz does not have any powers, yet he's the main character. Had Cruz had a power from the start that grew with his character, it would've been like any run-of-the-mill shounen fight series. But one of the charms of Needless is that Cruz has to deal with all these problems and overcome them without any sort of power and that's unique to Needless. He's the weakest character in the entire series yet he does everything to help the strongest. Plus the fact that he has no power has led characters to treat him differently compared to other Needlesses. It has impacted his development in a way you don't see in most other manga/anime. Plus, it gives us a different perspective seeing the world and battles through his eyes. I know most of the time I spend my time talking about the Girls Squad or coming up with random ass theories but Cruz w/o a power is one of my favorite things about Needless. I've also come to the point where I am okay with him having a power now (after watching him rush in and save Blade from Strom), so don't expect me to go on a rampage if/when he does get one.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen