Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-04, 12:11   Link #21
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
That's fine, I meant rating the chapter prematurely is silly. I've seen people change their mind completely when the actual chapter comes out.
You may say that, but you know how the latest chapters have been...ever since the antagonist I feel like I've been reading a totally different manga, much more slow-paced and one-sided than bleach.
Anyway, I find it hard that Ulquiorra could hide something from Aizen...also, he can't be stronger than the top 3,or their fights would be overshadowed, but on the other hand he can't be weak, he's on a second uber-secret release! Thing is, if Ichigo takes his time to die/chat with Inoue/get rescued by a dying Ishida/realize his full potential, this fight will have taken 3 months or more until we're back to karakura town, and that would be too big a gap to fill.
Old 2009-03-04, 12:26   Link #22
Fran~
floating away...

This fight is reaching the level of the "5 minutes fight between Goku and Freeza"...
Old 2009-03-04, 12:50   Link #23
saravis

Its becoming more and more apparent what KT is going to do. With Ulq he is establishing a gap too large to overcome for Ichigo, fighting as he is is not going to cover it. In typical action shounen, (which Bleach is) when you have a gap like that there is only one way to win, transformation. There's probably going to be an appearance by either or both Zangetsu and Hichigo coming soon, perhaps the next chapter or the one after that.
Old 2009-03-04, 12:55   Link #24
Fran~
floating away...

I'm expecting something like that for 2 months!
Old 2009-03-04, 13:26   Link #25
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I'm expecting something like that for 2 months!
While I always believed it was a possibility, it wasn't until Ulq's second form that I believed it was a probability. The gap between Ichigo and Ulq's first form wasn't all that big, so a transformation wouldn't be significant enough, but now that the gap has become much larger the transformation will be all the more significant. With Ichigo getting stabbed, I wouldn't be surprised if this transpired like with what happened with Zangetsu in the fight with Kenpachi.
Old 2009-03-04, 13:38   Link #26
christinemarie
Crazy One

Longest battle ever !? if we include the Pendulum Chapters and other battles

Ok who is going to be Krillin/Kuwabara in this battle that would trigger Ichigo's ultimate form?

A) Ishida B) Nel C) Orihime D) Grimmjow

You know like Freiza/Toguro Jr., Ulquiorra is afraid of Ichigo that's why he keeps on doing everything he can and telling Ichigo that there is a huge difference in their power.

If he is like Toguro Jr. He tries to awaken Ichigo's true form and seems everything he do doesn't make Ichigo to take him seriously. Where Grimmjow will reappear and mention to Ulquiorra how to awaken Ichigo's true form. He will choose someone of Ichigo's friends to die or gravely injured. Currently around is Orihime and Ishida.Of course, that won't be Orihime since she's the only one aside from the Support Shinigamis to heal.

Just remembered maybe Ulquiorra will ask Orihime to heal Ichigo and restart their battle and defeat him again and again and Orihime keeps on healing him until Ichigo becomes powerful than before.

Similar to Vegeta asking Dende to heal him and he makes Krillin (I forgot who he ask to beat him up) to beat him up and make Dende heal Vegeta. Freiza figure it out and killed Dende later.. (Although this won't happen in Bleach)
Old 2009-03-04, 13:39   Link #27
Kafriel
Senior Guest

With Orihime getting on board, I expect Ichigo to kill Ulquiorra with that invincible resolve of his.
In response to the post above, C!
Old 2009-03-04, 14:14   Link #28
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that Ulquiorra is actually loyal to Stark and in the Vasto Lorde community, Stark was king and Ulquiorra was the Knght of One and only went along with Aizen to continue to serve under Stark until the top 4 Espada actually plan a coup d'etat to overule Aizen later but ride off his plan to destroy Soul Society.

Personally I believe that Ichigo won't win and none of Soul Society wins, I won't be surprised if even Yamamoto falls before Stark, because I'll think that Bleach is actually very 2-D if it is just someone has a god complex and starts a war with a certain group that the character accidently got involved with. Code Geass could pull it off cos they were awesome but I don't think Kubo can. There isn't enough of a backstory in Bleach.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2009-03-04, 14:16   Link #29
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
With Orihime getting on board, I expect Ichigo to kill Ulquiorra with that invincible resolve of his.
Ohnoes... i can predict a lot of "kurosaki-kun" *facepalm*
Old 2009-03-04, 14:28   Link #30
saravis

Quote:
In response to the post above, C!
I really hope that KT is not that stupid to use that. For one, the gap has already been established to be way too large for just some resolve to overcome and two it was already used with Grim. If he does it again, KT's imagination sucks, to put it bluntly.
Old 2009-03-04, 14:41   Link #31
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
You may say that, but you know how the latest chapters have been...ever since the antagonist I feel like I've been reading a totally different manga, much more slow-paced and one-sided than bleach.
It's not slow paced when you consider how long we had to wait for the VC fights to finish. In my mind Kubo has always been a slow paced writer, heavy on the art. This manga tells half it's story through imagery, and Kubo wants you to make inferences.

The one-sidedness is perfectly in line with what's to be expected, Ulq killed Ichigo a few hours ago; sure Ichigo has gotten stronger, but not drastically so. Without a new form he has no way of winning, resolve won't help him here. The reason he had Ulq released a second time is simply because he plans to make Ichigo's next power up so damn powerful that it puts him in league with the likes of Aizen, which Ulq himself could be relatively close to right now in terms of sheer strength.
Old 2009-03-04, 15:11   Link #32
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
if there is any logical way to end this fight is for kenpachi or byakuya or both to show up and fight uliq while ordering ichigo and the rest to run for it (and probably die in the process)
ichigo doesnt have a chance in terms of sheer power level right now
and i still dont get why uliq feels the need to use his strongest weapon when ichigo is getting overwhelmed by his weaker one (uliq needs to read more shonen manga's )
Old 2009-03-04, 15:17   Link #33
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Yeh i agree Ulquiorra is going a little "OVERKILL" on ichigo at this point although him having a second release sorta like bankai only makes me like him more even though it is kinda weird considering his rank.
Old 2009-03-04, 15:25   Link #34
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
It's not slow paced when you consider how long we had to wait for the VC fights to finish. In my mind Kubo has always been a slow paced writer, heavy on the art. This manga tells half it's story through imagery, and Kubo wants you to make inferences.

The one-sidedness is perfectly in line with what's to be expected, Ulq killed Ichigo a few hours ago; sure Ichigo has gotten stronger, but not drastically so. Without a new form he has no way of winning, resolve won't help him here. The reason he had Ulq released a second time is simply because he plans to make Ichigo's next power up so damn powerful that it puts him in league with the likes of Aizen, which Ulq himself could be relatively close to right now in terms of sheer strength.
God is this the only member in here with understanding? Good post my man.
Lol, at those saying Bleach is "slow-paced" Have any of you ever read One Piece [AKA "Wait Please"]? They have arcs that have nothing to do with plot.

We are in a heavy battle of importance right now and Kubo is developing his characters [Ulqui and Ichigo]. Ulqui not showing Aizen that he can go a second form IS called character development and a possiblity for a plot twist. All of you crying for smoke screen panels of irrelevant dialogue seriosuly don't understand this manga. We are in a battle right now and heavy dialogue is not needed at the moment. This is a character FIRST manga [Just like all the other shonens].
Old 2009-03-04, 15:28   Link #35
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
if there is any logical way to end this fight is for kenpachi or byakuya or both to show up and fight uliq while ordering ichigo and the rest to run for it (and probably die in the process)
ichigo doesnt have a chance in terms of sheer power level right now
and i still dont get why uliq feels the need to use his strongest weapon when ichigo is getting overwhelmed by his weaker one (uliq needs to read more shonen manga's )
For over-coolness factor i suppose, or maybe he really wants to do the "dirty work" quick. |DD;

Seriously, pretty much what saravis stated, about transformation. There has to be a need for a serious upgrade at some point, and this particular arc, sets this bar.
Old 2009-03-04, 15:47   Link #36
X_Danny_X

so, I was right that he had a second release form. the time is coming for Ichigo to do some new power up on his own. the battle between him and Ulq is personal.

power ups coming from his sword and hollow side if Orihime gets hurt which would most likely be the case since she is a main focus in this arc.
Old 2009-03-04, 16:02   Link #37
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
so, I was right that he had a second release form. the time is coming for Ichigo to do some new power up on his own. the battle between him and Ulq is personal.

power ups coming from his sword and hollow side if Orihime gets hurt which would most likely be the case since she is a main focus in this arc.
I'm expecting it to be a transformation of his hollow side, that has been the focus of this arc, so it only seems natural. I expect the upgrade to his Shinigami side to come sometime after the Royal Guards (or perhaps the royalty themselves) are introduced, they'll introduce the next form beyond bankai and as to be expected Ichigo will eventually gain it.
Old 2009-03-04, 16:23   Link #38
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
We are in a heavy battle of importance right now and Kubo is developing his characters [Ulqui and Ichigo].
For the past 3 chapters they've been doing the exact same things, ulquiorra trash-talking/attacking Ichigo, and Ichigo being too surprised/taking hits all the freaking time! Not a single counter attack, not even a mere evasion.That's not character development, it's just pushing your luck.
Also, seeing how this battle interrupted a series of far more interesting fights, I highly doubt its "importance".
Old 2009-03-04, 16:41   Link #39
Calca
Expressionless

Ichigo's holow's last words to Ichigo were:

"If you really want to control my power, make sure you don't die before I show up again!"

We'll probably find out whether it is deep anger or near death injury that'll bring him back out pretty soon.
Old 2009-03-04, 16:51   Link #40
StevOmaru
Thats So CA$H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
You're going to be mad if Ichigo beats Ulq without help? I guess I don't understand that. How would that be any different then him beating Kenpachi or Grim? Why would a power up in this condition be that much more unbelievable? Just curious.
I am only saying that because ulq is just far more powerful than Ichigo is at this point, the difference is an infinite gap by the look of it. I could understand how he was able to defeat Kenpachi way back when, and
I could understand how he was able to defeat Grim. The gap of power in those fights were not nearly as huge. Anyway he was only able to defeat Grim, espada 6, BARELY and he couldn't even touch number 5 so how in the hell is he suppose to beat ulq who is number 4? That is just my opinion that Ichigo should not be able to beat ulq in this point in time.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion