AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Monster

Notices

Old 2004-05-01, 16:33   Link #261
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
About the manga... how can you wait, Spooky-san? I can't, really. I read 15 volumes of Monster in one single day or so.

I know what you mean....last week i bought volumes 1-6, then i noticed that i ran out of money...now i have to live on water & bread and wait for the next paycheck so that i can continue reading^^
The thing is, that the manga is only translated up to volume 9 around here and i can't really decide if i should go for the scanlations..well, probably not, that way i can save some pleasant anticipation for the next volumes^^

I can't wait for the next episode...my fav female lead character will appear in that one..waaaiiiii waaaaiiii^^
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 16:41   Link #262
Spooky-Electric

Quote:
About the manga... how can you wait, Spooky-san? I can't, really. I read 15 volumes of Monster in one single day or so.
Well to be honest I have a lot on my HD that I'm trying to read and watch, and I hate being involved in too many different series at one time.

Once I finish up some other series I will get back to Monster and will probably break down and read the whole thing.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 12:21   Link #263
BigFire

Quote:
Episode 4 covers chapters 7 and 8, which are the last two chapters of the 1st volume of the manga.
Monster covers exactly two chapters per episode (at least so far), so it's probably safe to say they'll animate it all, since the series will be about 75 episodes or so. Some episodes will probably cover more than two chapters; since the manga has 162 chapters, and that would give Monster 81 episodes. It has already been announced that it'll be 75 or so, so maybe they will cut something (please God, no) or animate more than two chapters in any episode. Also, it would be cool to have the last episode as an 1-hour episode, which would cover about 4 chapters

The episode count is 70. At the debute press conference, the producer indicated that about 2 1/3 volume of story will have to be cut to fit this schedule. Most likely, some of the early side stories will be sacrificed. Hopefully they don't do that to Grimmer, one of my favorite character.
BigFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 16:11   Link #264
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFire
The episode count is 70. At the debute press conference, the producer indicated that about 2 1/3 volume of story will have to be cut to fit this schedule. Most likely, some of the early side stories will be sacrificed. Hopefully they don't do that to Grimmer, one of my favorite character.

I don't think this necessarily means that entire side stories will be cut out, but rather condensed...so far there has been the "2 chapters=1 episode" rule, but there are multiple chapters that can be shortened down while still remaining true to the detailed story flow of Monster.
What about special episodes? Aside from those 70 regular episodes, there's still a possibility for several "over-lenght" specials. While the Monster manga is officially completed, i think i read somewhere that there's still a lot of unpublished, in-depth story material that never found its way into the manga, but is supposed to flow into the Monster novel/s...these extra elements could be implemented into certain specials as a compensation for missing story material that people know from the manga.
That would be quite neat by the way^^
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 09:41   Link #265
Wednesday

Glad a friend introduced me to this series. It's a great change of pace from my usual anime fare.

Anyone out there know who the best fansubbers are for this series? I think Anime-Keep's doing a great job, but I would like to know what other people suggest.
Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 13:50   Link #266
stpehen
kisses for all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday
Glad a friend introduced me to this series. It's a great change of pace from my usual anime fare.

Anyone out there know who the best fansubbers are for this series? I think Anime-Keep's doing a great job, but I would like to know what other people suggest.
I recommend Soldats or Anime-Kraze. Keep is doing an fine job but there's no reason to stick with them when two other groups are basically doing it perfectly.
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 13:56   Link #267
futago

I screwed up my midterm exam coz i was reading the manga the night b4, from this u can tell how good the manga was, so the anime should do better!!!! Cutting out some stories will suck a lot...
futago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 21:17   Link #268
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday

Personally, I'm sticking with Totan. I think they've been doing a great job with the series, they're fast, and I think their knowledge of Czech will come in very handy later on. Plus I wouldn't be sticking with them if I knew they weren't commited to the series. It's the only series they're working on, so I feel like I can count on them to be prompt and put their all into it.

This is not to knock the other groups, mind you. From what I've seen, they're doing good jobs as well. Totan just fits all my requirements very nicely, and I feel I have no reason to look to another group.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 22:04   Link #269
mirichan

I agree with Musouka... I've checked the Soldats version and it's really extra nice... but they are not known for their speed and they do other series... Anime-Kraze sometimes slow down a lot on one series for whatever reason and I'm just not in the mood to wait forever in the case of Monster...

ToTan is putting all their efforts on one anime only which is always a good thing AND they have Czech staff... BIG plus in my book.

But I must say the 3 groups are all damn good (ToTan, Soldats & A-Kraze)...
mirichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 20:44   Link #270
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Hmmm, I'm not sure how this would be taken...

I'm just curious if anyone would agree with me that Monster would have been a better show if it was all the conversations were carried out in German rather than Japanese. I know this is a Japanese production and primary market is at Japan but consider that the whole story is in Europe (Germany mainly). The entire cast except for Tenma and a few one-off characters are Europeans. I think the atmosphere would be greatly enhanced if they spoke in the European languages.

Personally I think if Monster's DVD were released in Germany dubbed in German (& Czech), I would be greatly intrigued to buy it instead of the original R2 Japanese DVD.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 22:11   Link #271
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Yes, the Germany version will be very nice, since everything will be very nature then.
lavarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 04:50   Link #272
Spaceghost

I don't think it would make any difference, I can't understand either. I think the Japanese voices suit the characters though.
Spaceghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 06:19   Link #273
weyoun6
Romanji is evil

Send a message via ICQ to weyoun6
I agree a German version would be better, since "Heirr" et al, sound better without all the japanese, but since im not a fan of dubbing at all, I would not buy a german dub unless its drastically better.
weyoun6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 07:15   Link #274
schoko

Quote:
Originally Posted by weyoun6
I agree a German version would be better, since "Heirr" et al, sound better without all the japanese, but since im not a fan of dubbing at all, I would not buy a german dub unless its drastically better.
I think you mean Herr . Cuz Heirr ist not a german word^^ (I must know, I am German^^)

And I don't think that a european language would fit better. The producers are japanese. What good would it be to watch a show you don't understand?

schoko

P.S.: Yes, I know I'm confusing
schoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 14:31   Link #275
BigFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh

I'm just curious if anyone would agree with me that Monster would have been a better show if it was all the conversations were carried out in German rather than Japanese. I know this is a Japanese production and primary market is at Japan but consider that the whole story is in Europe (Germany mainly). The entire cast except for Tenma and a few one-off characters are Europeans. I think the atmosphere would be greatly enhanced if they spoke in the European languages.

Personally I think if Monster's DVD were released in Germany dubbed in German (& Czech), I would be greatly intrigued to buy it instead of the original R2 Japanese DVD.
Not really. While the vast majority of the dialogue are in German, some of the dialogue are in Czech.
BigFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 16:58   Link #276
mirichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh

I'm just curious if anyone would agree with me that Monster would have been a better show if it was all the conversations were carried out in German rather than Japanese.
Euh... NO?

So if the story is in Italy, bring on the Italian? And the story is in France, etc.?

The show is a Japanese show for Japanese people. The fact we Westerners can see the fansubs is totally irrelevant to the language the show should be done in, notwitstanding where it's taking place.
mirichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 17:26   Link #277
walter clamans
I have a cunning plan

In German, huh... Could be a funny idea, since anime is apparently getting a bit of a foothold in europe. I grew up watching anime dubbed in french ( Dragon Ball, Captain tsubasa (Olive et Tom), saint saiya (les chevaliers du zodiac, love the french name , ...).

On that note,I think the French language is better suited for dubbing than English...Seeing Dragonball in American English makes me wanna pluck my hair out (" heeyyy, Gowkuu, throw meee a senzuuu beeeean")
Their coice actors aren't that good... but : 'Their curse words , like whiping your ass with silk'.

Hmm, I'm drifting off, but as long as they only show old, cheap series such as crayon chin chan, dragon ball Z (5th rerun, through with it) , like in Belgium, no Japanese producer will ever even think of your idea.

Animesuki & co stays my only 'lifeline', for sure.
walter clamans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 18:19   Link #278
musouka

Quote:
So if the story is in Italy, bring on the Italian? And the story is in France, etc.?
...Um, I see nothing wrong with that.

Personally, if it was good, I'd love to hear dubs in the langage from where the action is supposed to take place. There's nothing wrong with the Japanese version of Monster, mind you, but it would be cool to have an awesome German/Czech dub.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 02:15   Link #279
Vertix

What is this Anime about?

A couple of friends says that I should check this out because I love Thrillers/Mystery movie/animes and that this Anime was similar to Death Note. I Checked Animenfo and the genre of this Anime says that it's a drama??? wtf??. So what genre is this, and if it's a mystery, is it as good as Death Note (for those that read the manga/watching the anime).

Thanks.
Vertix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 14:43   Link #280
Shabazza
transcendental

I am at Episode 19 atm and I have to say that I'm quite impressed how Germany is presented.

I am German myself and the "Frankfurter Hauptbahnhof" at Ep. 18 20:57 is exactly as the original one. That was really impressive.
Although I don't like the usual clichées, i.e. that all turks have that beard inbetween the mouth and the nose (don't know the english word).

So far the anime is pretty good, except that there surely will be some boring episodes ahead since the following 50 episodes won't just be about Johann.
Shabazza is offline   Reply With Quote