AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-21, 15:22   Link #241
Darthtabby

It might just be a coincidence, but did anyone notice that the JAXA director that appeared in the latest episode has the same surname (Nasuda) as the director of the Solomon Space Association in Rocket Girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
By the way, why weren't they having a real-time conversation with their parents using the 2025 equivalent of Skype? The NASA folks could have watched a few impressions of Japanese personalities that the Americans wouldn't recognize. Including the download lets the director build some anticipation and drama into the scene, but it still feels phony. This is another technological anachronism like last week's radio that just bothers me about this series. The best near-future science fiction shows an enormous attention to detail and tries to project a realistic extrapolation of current technologies a decade or two into the future. That's not an easy task, but Space Brothers could do a better job of it. I suggest they watch Dennou Coil or Planetes one more time and see how this sort of near-future sci-fi is done.
Just to be clear here, we're talking about the same Planetes that had a character using a floppy disk to get info on the debris collected that day, right? :P

Video mail seems fine to me. The old radio is strange, but maybe Hibito likes old electronics.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 19:43   Link #242
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I must say, I actually liked Mutta trying to be all honorable, but decided otherwise because he saw boobies. Typical.

And Serika is back next episode! Whoopeee!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 10:15   Link #243
klare

funny to see Mutta doing his own celebrations dance

agreed sometimes luck is as important as knowing when to grab the opportunity, oh Apo is the real hero
Old 2012-05-27, 10:22   Link #244
ookamigirl

Mutta sure had an interesting dream on the plane home.
He was pretty out of it since he found his brother's will.
Pretty much obsessing over space related accidents.
The reunion with his fellow applicants was nice.
Just one more exam to go!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 11:37   Link #245
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Simple, yet very powerful reminders of family, and what astronauts sacrifice in their service to humanity.

Please note - the "Brian" that Hibito was talking to was obviously Brian Jay, who died in the 2023 accident. The astronaut on the ISS speaking to Hibito was Eddie Jay- his brother, presumably - providing a nice parallel (but hopefully not foreshadowing) for the main pair.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 10:41   Link #246
klare

a funny eps, good that they show more about Kenji's family too

bring on the the third exam
Old 2012-05-31, 13:32   Link #247
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I wondered a little whether Kenji is going to make it. His indecision about what being an astronaut would mean for his family gives the writers a nice out if for some reason one of the other two guys gets selected. Other than bitch about Mutta's being advantaged because of Hibito, I don't really have much sense about them as personalities. Certainly all the tendencies suggest that Kenji will join Mutta and Serika as the final three-some, but that seems so cut-and-dried that I started thinking maybe Kenji won't move forward.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 07:52   Link #248
Kitsu Breaker

I bet this will be the best anime from 2012. And please, tell me this series is the who live of TV rankings!

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 08:04   Link #249
ditn

They seem to hint some trouble thoughts for Kenji
He might indeed not make it
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 09:27   Link #250
ookamigirl

The third exam.
Mutta totally has a crush on Serika.
The bus was really weird and so was their little trip.
This was an interesting episode, can't wait to see what's ahead.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 09:36   Link #251
HandofFate

I think the bus is just driving in circles around town and they end up back where they started, and they just wanted to moniter everyone's behavior in a closed off sealed environment.
Old 2012-06-03, 11:42   Link #252
sikvod00

^ Someone didn't watch the preview.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 12:01   Link #253
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
^ Someone didn't watch the preview.
That could very well be a basement in a Jaxa building. Who knows.

Man I love the ED, I watch it every episode, haven't done that with an anime in a long time.
Old 2012-06-03, 12:06   Link #254
word sux

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I think the bus is just driving in circles around town and they end up back where they started, and they just wanted to moniter everyone's behavior in a closed off sealed environment.

thats what I think too.

great show so far
Old 2012-06-03, 12:16   Link #255
sikvod00

Red face Whoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
That could very well be a basement in a Jaxa building. Who knows.

Man I love the ED, I watch it every episode, haven't done that with an anime in a long time.
I didn't even read HandofFate's post properly. I misread "monitor everyone's behavior in a closed off sealed environment" as "moniter everyone's behavior on the bus". Please excuse my fail...
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 12:56   Link #256
Kirarakim

This episode reminded me how much I hate ice breakers.

Serika continues to be my favorite character. Her talking about all the foods she loves and being excited about her a meal...she's a girl after my own heart.

Kenji possibly not passing does make sense, although that will make me sad because I like Kenji and I don't want him to leave the story (unless he will have another role to play).
Old 2012-06-03, 13:02   Link #257
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

All things considered, that ended up being a lot more like Hunter X Hunter than I thought...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 15:23   Link #258
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Not only that, but I'll bet the extra seven applicants are actually ringers put there to monitor the situation and possibly stir things up to see how the real applicants react.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
All things considered, that ended up being a lot more like Hunter X Hunter than I thought...
Yeah, I had the same feeling.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 17:29   Link #259
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice Sharon was right about Serika's ringtone. Also of course Kenji and Mutta notice 2 different things when boarding the bus.
Old 2012-06-03, 21:22   Link #260
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I am a bit worried about Kenji. Do wonder if in the end he'll end up giving up on going on this so he can see his daughter grow up. I would like him to stay around since his friendship with Mutta is something I'd like to see continue. Regardless do think he'll have to really make a tough call.

Can really feel how they are putting the pressure on the examinees. First force them to interact with each other and then have them do something like ranking each other. I doubt those rankings mean anything to the examiners and was just there to create some antagonism before continuing with the exam.

This should be fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Not only that, but I'll bet the extra seven applicants are actually ringers put there to monitor the situation and possibly stir things up to see how the real applicants react.
I agree with you on this. If they were going to have extra applicants then it shouldn't have been such a big battle to get Mutta into this third exam. If they are going to separate people then it would make sense to have examiners in the closed environment. Sure, they can just monitor with cameras, but having real people there might give certain information.

Tags
science fiction, seinen