AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-19, 01:45   Link #1201
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
He simply feels that the fans can lack objectivity and are blind to weaknesses and possible failings in the products. A lot of this is legacy from the early days of Haruhi when it was hype-central. I hope we don't have to re-kindle that whole discussion all over again for the nth time.

---

Regarding the exit survey, I would suspect that the ratings would be rather high because the opening weekend crowd will consist of a lot of novel readers and franchise fans, and it seems the movie was quite faithful to the novel overall. But that also fits the sort of movie this is with its limited release -- it's not really exactly a movie for "everyone" anyway, given that it picks up in the middle of a pre-established story. So in a sense these sort of rankings are probably more useful as an indicator of whether existing fans of the series will like it -- and, suffice it to say, signs point to yes. Don't know if it was ever meant to pull in new fans anyway; it's not that sort of movie.
I don't buy it. Is it necessary to nitpick at weaknesses and failings in works of art? Sure, do that for cars, computer products, cellphones etc. But when it comes to things like music and anime it's is a purely personal choice. I can hate rap all I want but it can be everything to someone else. And I won't attack rap in a rap forum just because I hate it. One man's meat is another man's poison, as they say.

Since you are a mod, delete this post if you feel that it's off topic. I just don't think that it's justified that he comes and posts unnecessary negative comments in here.
Old 2010-02-19, 04:34   Link #1202
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
I don't buy it. Is it necessary to nitpick at weaknesses and failings in works of art? Sure, do that for cars, computer products, cellphones etc. But when it comes to things like music and anime it's is a purely personal choice. I can hate rap all I want but it can be everything to someone else. And I won't attack rap in a rap forum just because I hate it. One man's meat is another man's poison, as they say.
I don't buy it. Is it necessary to laud at strengths and successes in works of art? Sure, do that for cars, computer products, cellphones etc. But when it comes to things like music and anime it's a purely personal choice. I can love rap all I want but it can be nothing to someone else. And I won't praise rap in a rap forum just because I love it. One man's meat is another man's poison, as they say.

See what I just did there?
Old 2010-02-19, 05:27   Link #1203
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I don't buy it. Is it necessary to laud at strengths and successes in works of art? Sure, do that for cars, computer products, cellphones etc. But when it comes to things like music and anime it's a purely personal choice. I can love rap all I want but it can be nothing to someone else. And I won't praise rap in a rap forum just because I love it. One man's meat is another man's poison, as they say.

See what I just did there?
Yes I do. Essentially my post had no point huh?

I get it you are telling me to just ignore Kaioshin's post?
Old 2010-02-19, 14:29   Link #1204
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
Kaioshin, once upon a time (2 weeks ago to be exact), I thought you were just playing devil's advocate or doubting Thomas.

Now you are become just too obvious in your dislike of Haruhi. Why am I not surprised that your posts are full of anti-Haruhi rhetoric?

You don't like it, fine. But don't pour water on our parade.
You just have to accept the fact that not everyone is a huge fan of the series. Kaioshin Sama has made a number of valid points in this thread; they just got sorta redundant and irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

The second reairing of Haruhi just simply didn't impress some that much, and for those that thought the first season of Haruhi was good but not the most outstanding show, it certainly leads to skepticism. It doesn't mean they hate the show; it just means that it'll take a lot to impress them. If they hated Haruhi, they wouldn't even be interested in this at all.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-02-20, 17:15   Link #1205
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This was mostly my own fault, but I let the tangent get too far out of hand. I created a new thread called Speculation on the future of the Haruhi anime franchise, post-Disappearance, so that discussion can continue over there. I reserve the right to maybe merge into some other thread later if there's a better spot for it.

This thread is more specifically to discuss the movie, not what comes next.
Old 2010-02-21, 02:49   Link #1206
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
You just have to accept the fact that not everyone is a huge fan of the series. Kaioshin Sama has made a number of valid points in this thread; they just got sorta redundant and irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

The second reairing of Haruhi just simply didn't impress some that much, and for those that thought the first season of Haruhi was good but not the most outstanding show, it certainly leads to skepticism. It doesn't mean they hate the show; it just means that it'll take a lot to impress them. If they hated Haruhi, they wouldn't even be interested in this at all.
You'd think that, but as Howard Stern proved. The most loyal of all his listeners were those that were critics of his show.

Doesn't make sense on paper, but it's true.
Old 2010-02-21, 05:31   Link #1207
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
You'd think that, but as Howard Stern proved. The most loyal of all his listeners were those that were critics of his show.

Doesn't make sense on paper, but it's true.
So he's tsundere?

Heh.
Old 2010-02-21, 05:33   Link #1208
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I won't outright scream that it is the best movie ever without seeing it, but I'm greatly anticipating this film. The fact that it clocks in at a whopping 162 minutes just fuels my appetite. I have faith in KyoAni, and I think this will probably be a good movie.
Old 2010-02-21, 07:30   Link #1209
Leo Keichi

I've read the novel and the story is very good, so there's no way the movie will be bad. I'm only concerned about the quality of the animation. I've got the feeling the guys of KyoAni got lazy recently and will never do anything with the visual quality of Clannad and Haruhi 1st season anymore. But they really should here, since this is a movie.
Old 2010-02-21, 08:38   Link #1210
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Keichi View Post
I'm only concerned about the quality of the animation. I've got the feeling the guys of KyoAni got lazy recently and will never do anything with the visual quality of Clannad and Haruhi 1st season anymore.
Did you see the trailer? Did you read the reviews praising its top-notch animation quality? Genius.
Old 2010-02-21, 08:40   Link #1211
darksassin
Is this dangerous??

Well, according to the screenshot given, the quality is superb. The soundtrack is great. Idk about the framerate of the movie. does anyone now the fps of the movie?
Old 2010-02-21, 09:03   Link #1212
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

How is it, that ANIMATED movies, come out in maybe a year with only a year or so of production, while live action movies take 3 years? ><
Old 2010-02-21, 09:19   Link #1213
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
How is it, that ANIMATED movies, come out in maybe a year with only a year or so of production, while live action movies take 3 years? ><
It's funny you say that, because in the US it is the other way around. I think US animators, especially in the 2-D department, demand too much money, so it is often more feasible to produce a live-action film.

Japan's animators, on the other hand, receive slave wages. There needs to be a balance in pay.
Old 2010-02-21, 09:53   Link #1214
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Stage greetings are starting to be the norm now. Just a few moments ago on the official webpage, there is an announcement that on March 6th at the Keisei Rosa theatre there is yet another stage greeting following a showing of the Haruhi movie. The people that will come out after the movie:

Minori Chihara-san (Yuki Nagato)
Yuko Gotou-san (Mikuru Asahina)
Natsuko Kuwatani-san (Ryoko Asakura)
Yuki Matsuoka (Tsuruya-san)

This also confirms that the movie will likely be in the original 24 theatres until the begining of March (barring a decrease in sales of course). There's also a transcript of the stage greeting on the webpage as well, and I'll see if there's any new information that wasn't posted before.

Edit:It's different than the one on dengeki, so this could be the other theatre's report.
Great quote from Sayaka Aoki (Kyon's sister) "I was so happy to see a continuation of Haruhi after Endless Eight'. During the summer I kept having to say 'Kyon-kun denwa' repeatedly, now I get to say "Kyon-kun wake up! Good morning!"

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-02-21 at 10:10.
Old 2010-02-21, 10:22   Link #1215
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Stage greetings are starting to be the norm now. Just a few moments ago on the official webpage, there is an announcement that on March 6th at the Keisei Rosa theatre there is yet another stage greeting following a showing of the Haruhi movie. The people that will come out after the movie:

Minori Chihara-san (Yuki Nagato)
Yuko Gotou-san (Mikuru Asahina)
Natsuko Kuwatani-san (Ryoko Asakura)
Yuki Matsuoka (Tsuruya-san)

This also confirms that the movie will likely be in the original 24 theatres until the begining of March (barring a decrease in sales of course). There's also a transcript of the stage greeting on the webpage as well, and I'll see if there's any new information that wasn't posted before.
Very interesting... Any idea if other anime movies use this method to promote the movie, or is it just Haruhi thus far?

While I personally think Minorin is a good enough draw (), it'll be great to see the seiyuus of two pairs of great friends; Mikuru and Tsuruya, along with Yuki and Ryoko. Well, not sure if Ryoko and Yuki are great friends, but... you catch my drift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Edit:It's different than the one on dengeki, so this could be the other theatre's report.
Great quote from Sayaka Aoki (Kyon's sister) "I was so happy to see a continuation of Haruhi after Endless Eight'. During the summer I kept having to say 'Kyon-kun denwa' repeatedly, now I get to say "Kyon-kun wake up! Good morning!"
Endless Eight: Even the seiyuus get sick of it.
Old 2010-02-21, 11:45   Link #1216
darksassin
Is this dangerous??

Luckily each e8 ep made by diff animators.
Btw, how does the disappearance movie performed compared to other anime movie for 3 weeks?
Anyone knows?
Old 2010-02-21, 12:24   Link #1217
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksassin View Post
Btw, how does the disappearance movie performed compared to other anime movie for 3 weeks?
Anyone knows?
if you are comparing to other anime movies that came recently with it...it blew them out of them water in terms of sales (and maybe quality?) since it debuted at #7 in the box offices while the other movies (Nanoha and Fate) were not even listed.
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2010-02-21, 15:07   Link #1218
thirdlc

Quote:
Well, according to the screenshot given, the quality is superb. The soundtrack is great. Idk about the framerate of the movie. does anyone now the fps of the movie?
I heard it's a barrage of on-twos animation. But it's not special for this is a movie. I, for one, don't like throughout on-twos animation, so I hope they made good use of it.

Quote:
Not really. Especially in the first and eighth episodes of E8, the same animators animated the both episodes, and at the eighth episodes, each animators was assigned the same shots they had animated previously at the first episode. On top of that, unlike VAs, it takes weeks or months for animators to deal with one episode.
Old 2010-02-21, 15:17   Link #1219
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
I heard it's a barrage of on-twos animation. But it's not special for this is a movie. I, for one, don't like throughout on-twos animation, so I hope they made good use of it.
Please explain for those not experienced in animation terminology.

Not me, of course... ¬_¬
Old 2010-02-21, 16:28   Link #1220
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Please explain for those not experienced in animation terminology.
Agreed, please?
Closed Thread

Tags
science fiction, shounen