AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-20, 11:44   Link #61
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Ok, a question for anyone here who unlocked everything in D.C.P.C. I myself nearly got everything cleared (at least I unlocked the interview section, which I think gets unlocked when all the CG images are cleared).

Spoiler for only those who finished 100% of D.C.P.C.:
Old 2006-06-20, 12:53   Link #62
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Ah, well, I haven't unlocked it myself, but I did (cheat and) consult the code files and can tell you what it is...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-20, 13:27   Link #63
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

I've always wondered, who is that secret route, Red-Haired Girl anyways?
Old 2006-06-20, 14:52   Link #64
shadowlord_756

can someone help me? I keep getting this error message:

Happened before I patched the game and it still happens after...

PS-the disk in the drive too...

Edit: Oh yea and if someone knows a way to play this game without a dvd drive can you let me know? right now I'm borrowing an external one from my friend (to play oblivion XD), might have to return it soon though...

Last edited by shadowlord_756; 2006-06-20 at 15:07.
Old 2006-06-20, 15:34   Link #65
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlord_756
can someone help me? I keep getting this error message:
That's not an error, it's asking you to enter the Serial Number. You can find it on a white card that came in your D.C.P.C. box; it's an 11-character series of letters and numbers. Once you enter the serial number and click OK, you should be all set.

As for the no-CD thing, I imagine there's probably a crack out there somewhere, but the other thing you can do is take an image of the disc (using CloneCD or some other program) and then use Daemon Tools (or something similar) to mount it as a virtual drive. Although, that being said, I've never actually tried to do that with D.C.P.C... it usually works though. I don't think the game employs any sort of really advanced copy protection or anything.
Old 2006-06-20, 15:51   Link #66
shadowlord_756

thx for the reply, but taking an image is... well lets just say I have a lil bit too much anime on my computer to have a dvd image...

Sigh, I wish I could read japanese. Then I wouldn't have to wait for translations...

Edit: Phew, when I entered the cd key, at first it didn't work and I couldn't click the ok button. Was about to freak out and then I discovered that there was a period in between the characters. Stupid me lol
Old 2006-06-20, 18:44   Link #67
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Ah, well, I haven't unlocked it myself, but I did (cheat and) consult the code files and can tell you what it is...
Spoiler:
Hmm, maybe you're right. After all the walkthrough states that
Spoiler:
to get to Nemu's path. I'll try different settings.
Old 2006-06-20, 19:57   Link #68
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
I've always wondered, who is that secret route, Red-Haired Girl anyways?
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-20, 21:26   Link #69
shadowlord_756

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~iaia/ih/....c/d.c.p.c.htm <- Walkthrough for D.C.P.C

*nods* I think so too. In a way, it feels fresh and funny at the same time, I also like how they sometime use words that combine engrish with japanese like "バカップル!" I always smile when I hear the seiyuu try to pronounce it right ^^
Would someone mind translating that walkthrough? or at least the ones for the routes that have been translated in alpha patch? Thanks in advance XD
Old 2006-06-21, 01:57   Link #70
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Would someone mind translating that walkthrough? or at least the ones for the routes that have been translated in alpha patch? Thanks in advance XD
Actually it's more of a matter of common sense. For the most part, just go to the location of the girl whose path you want to go. A hint is the voice you hear when you hover the mouse cursor over the icon (without clicking) of the location to go to at lunchtime or after school (eg you want Nemu? Hover the mouse over each icon until you hear someone say "Niisan"; or if Nemu and Miharu are at the same place, you'll hear Miharu say "Nemu-sempai"; if you want Kudou, do the same until you hear someone who sounds like Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club ). As for any decision that needs to be made, get the one that gets a favorable reaction, whereas with the alarm clock settings, set it so you'll run into the favored girl (save your game before the attempt so you can try each option; hint: Nemu is with the Discipline Commitee and thus is always up early, while Moe being the sleepy type takes time, and also drags Mako with her). It's much easier on those with English words in the Alpha patch (Kotori and Kudou were a real breeze; I finished them first and didn't use the walkthrough for them that time).
Old 2006-06-21, 02:14   Link #71
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

During the choices, just choose according to the voices, and during the 'Flag Events', just choose the one that makes sense for the character you're pursuing.
Old 2006-06-21, 05:22   Link #72
roguenoir
Rogue Member

I got the game, patched it, and started playing..

A tidbit about Sakura I found kinda odd that wasn't mentioned in the Anime

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-21, 07:24   Link #73
KBTKaiser

That was only stated near the beginning of the game, IIRC. Although the issue did come up during the DCSS topic regard birthdates and partially helped to sort out when the heck Junichi's birthday is.
Old 2006-06-21, 09:44   Link #74
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Spoiler:
Hey thanks man! It worked! Setting the alarm clock to "late" every night did it. In fact
Spoiler:

So now I've finally completed 100% of D.C.P.C.
Old 2006-06-21, 16:10   Link #75
shadowlord_756

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil
Actually it's more of a matter of common sense. For the most part, just go to the location of the girl whose path you want to go. A hint is the voice you hear when you hover the mouse cursor over the icon (without clicking) of the location to go to at lunchtime or after school (eg you want Nemu? Hover the mouse over each icon until you hear someone say "Niisan"; or if Nemu and Miharu are at the same place, you'll hear Miharu say "Nemu-sempai"; if you want Kudou, do the same until you hear someone who sounds like Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club ). As for any decision that needs to be made, get the one that gets a favorable reaction, whereas with the alarm clock settings, set it so you'll run into the favored girl (save your game before the attempt so you can try each option; hint: Nemu is with the Discipline Commitee and thus is always up early, while Moe being the sleepy type takes time, and also drags Mako with her). It's much easier on those with English words in the Alpha patch (Kotori and Kudou were a real breeze; I finished them first and didn't use the walkthrough for them that time).
Yea, after I posted I tried going through the game and got Kotori's ending XD. I thought it would be harder...

Edit: After checking extras, I'm still missing some cg/scenes. Guess I will need a walkthrough after all lol.
As to guess and test, when I set my alarm I still can't always get the same person even when I try all 3 different choices.

Last edited by shadowlord_756; 2006-06-21 at 19:40.
Old 2006-06-22, 04:08   Link #76
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Yea, after I posted I tried going through the game and got Kotori's ending XD. I thought it would be harder...

Edit: After checking extras, I'm still missing some cg/scenes. Guess I will need a walkthrough after all lol.
As to guess and test, when I set my alarm I still can't always get the same person even when I try all 3 different choices.
Yeah, basically the purpose of the walkthrough is to complete 100% of the CG's, by taking an "optimal" path. Unlocking the scenes/events though is a different matter - to complete them requires trying each and every choice/path possible (a very exhausting process admittedly), which means also going to the bad endings, or going to locations where you won't bump into any of the girls (though sometimes you'll meet someone else, like Koyomi sensei). After completing a girl's route and replaying, you know you just unlocked a new scene/event if, when going through the scene, it doesn't get summarized (if summarizing is enabled), as long as you complete the scene (but you don't have to complete the girl's entire route again as in play until the good ending).
Old 2006-06-22, 22:17   Link #77
Sundae
Nightmare 'rings

Umm a little off topic here...

Does anyone have a DC Summer Vacation walkthrough ?
Old 2006-06-25, 16:18   Link #78
problemedchild
ô_ô

Anyone know how to unlock Sagisawa Yoriko's path?
Old 2006-06-25, 16:19   Link #79
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild
Anyone know how to unlock Sagisawa Yoriko's path?
IIRC, in the original Da Capo, you gotta finish all the other character's first.

Not sure if the same applies to Plus Communication though. Your best bet would be to finish all the non-PC girls routes to check.
Old 2006-06-25, 16:58   Link #80
Ryuu-Odjn
Lost...maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae
Umm a little off topic here...

Does anyone have a DC Summer Vacation walkthrough ?
From the link posted earlier: http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~iaia/ih/...ervacation.htm

Also kind of OT but: What is D.C. Four Seasons? Is it another expansion for Da Capo?
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, circus, ero-game, game patch, translation