AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-14, 07:46   Link #201
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Chapter 8 eh? Hmm...tempting to look at the manga guessing it'll be fanservice episode.
Old 2009-10-14, 09:03   Link #202
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Chapter 8 eh? Hmm...tempting to look at the manga guessing it'll be fanservice episode.
it is some kind of fanservice but not the type you are thinking. It has a very sweet moment between Kanako and junpei.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 09:12   Link #203
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wait a minute, I thought you didn't read the manga Golthin? Succumbed to the temptation, no?

But yeah, chp 8 was awesome. But then again, that's just me being me.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 09:16   Link #204
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Iam keeping my eyes free from any manga chapters on 2 animes. Iam resisting the temptation to read them. Hmm...sweet scenes from Junpei and Kanako, it must be aired!!!!
Old 2009-10-14, 11:14   Link #205
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I personally only read the manga up to chp 8 because the first episode took so long to get subbed. But now that it seems that subs are up in timely order weekly (juding by how eps 2 got subbed), I think I'll avoid the manga. It's not as if the manga is going to end anytime soon, so there really is no reason for me to read it when I'm going to watch the anime anyways.
Old 2009-10-14, 12:29   Link #206
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Wait a minute, I thought you didn't read the manga Golthin? Succumbed to the temptation, no?

But yeah, chp 8 was awesome. But then again, that's just me being me.
yeah, i read all the scanlated chapters and i am downloading the raws available right now.
the raws kind of take time because the files are huge for a single chapter. Yeah, the anime made me read the manga and the anime is doing an awesome job. The mangaka is getting kind of lazy in the drawing a lot , but still the story is nice.
Old 2009-10-14, 13:19   Link #207
OkamiNoKaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
He couldn't hear cats before the incident. He wakes up one morning and can hear the family cat for the first time. Then he has a flashback to the day before when he kicked the shrine. The two scenes are not in chronological order.
Oh that makes more sense then, thank you.
Old 2009-10-14, 23:18   Link #208
juventas

I think Kanako's the only reason I'm watching this show; tsundere + childhood friend = win. But how much do you want to bet that Junpei doesn't end up with anyone at the end? And even if he does, it won't be Kanako, I'll bet.
juventas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 00:20   Link #209
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Even Kanako said it herself in episode 2, Kaede is better off with Junpei, I feel she threw away everything and lets just be friends. Not looking at the manga development that is what the anime is saying for now.
Old 2009-10-15, 01:28   Link #210
golthin

Quote:
Even Kanako said it herself in episode 2, Kaede is better off with Junpei, I feel she threw away everything and lets just be friends. Not looking at the manga development that is what the anime is saying for now.
She might just be trying to convince herself about it. I think this manga has the chances of ending like Toradara. Actually, the relationship between Junpei and Kanako reminds me a lot of the one between Ryu and Taiga. Junpei right now only has a crush on Keade and his attraction to her is directly due to the trauma that Kanako caused him. I find it interesting that he kept the doll that the girl that tormented him for so long gave him.
Old 2009-10-15, 02:22   Link #211
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

If it wasn't for the misunderstanding in their childhood days they might have been a couple now. But I'll wait for the other girls, I wanna see how Junpei's harem is.
Old 2009-10-15, 02:28   Link #212
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
If it wasn't for the misunderstanding in their childhood days they might have been a couple now. But I'll wait for the other girls, I wanna see how Junpei's harem is.
Yeah! Like, my favorite one is the upcoming "girl" =)

I also wonder if that girl in his childhood days who got the doll was Kaede? If not, probably a girl who will show up later in the manga...
Old 2009-10-15, 02:32   Link #213
kalbron

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I find it interesting that he kept the doll that the girl that tormented him for so long gave him.
Not really. I mean he himself acknowledged that their fighting was due to the misunderstanding over the doll, he just probably felt uncomfortable with talking about it at the time and it escalated from there. There was no real reason for him to throw it away because he knew why she was acting like she was.

As for the relationships, the manga has made a pretty interesting web, though its interesting how parts of it play out from what I've read of the scanlated version. Particularly:
Spoiler:
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 04:38   Link #214
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Yeah! Like, my favorite one is the upcoming "girl" =)

I also wonder if that girl in his childhood days who got the doll was Kaede? If not, probably a girl who will show up later in the manga...
No, she was not Kaede, but wait for a very interesting twist in the upcoming episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
As for the relationships, the manga has made a pretty interesting web, though its interesting how parts of it play out from what I've read of the scanlated version. Particularly:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for about Kaede denseness:

I am already prepared for another loss of the childhood friend. Too bad it was for such silly misunderstanding early in their life. By the way, Kanako making the doll because Junpei could not hang around cats because of his allergy is what separated them.

Last edited by golthin; 2009-10-15 at 05:08. Reason: merged posts
Old 2009-10-15, 04:51   Link #215
StrawHatLuffy23

Liking this show so far. I like the characters.
StrawHatLuffy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 05:50   Link #216
idont

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post

I am already prepared for another loss of the childhood friend. Too bad it was for such silly misunderstanding early in their life. By the way, Kanako making the doll because Junpei could not hang around cats because of his allergy is what separated them.
i think it's going to be another one of those vague endings where nothing gets solved and they continue on as before.
idont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 06:19   Link #217
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by idont View Post
i think it's going to be another one of those vague endings where nothing gets solved and they continue on as before.
there is a good chance that will happen. the manga is not over yet and being monthly they have up to 3 or 6 more chapters depending of how many episodes they plan to make. They have been doing one episode per chapter and there is 24 chapters out so i think this will be a 26 episodes series.
Old 2009-10-15, 10:10   Link #218
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

This is harem and the manga is still ongoing. Near 0% chance of seeing a concrete ending here in the anime. Wouldn't also be the first time where the 'cover girl' of a harem series doesn't win either in the end, because of changes done mid-way through the manga.

As such, I don't see any reason to be pessimistic about Kanako's chances. So no need to go Lego on us, Golthin.

Also...

Spoiler for really minor:
Old 2009-10-15, 14:03   Link #219
zibi88

by looking on 2ch pictures.... it looks like next episode "4" will be a filler[like] episode.... since it was not in the manga... (arent kanakos breats tooooo big there... they look like 2 big melons [like heads].... hope this is just a joke [seriously] like omake or something like that)

about Mizuno.... well she is a total air-head.... she rather wonders if kanako goes out with jumpei (since they are together since childhood)... so she rather doenst want to jump in their relanionship.... yet she alone is sooo total clueless... if someone else wont tell fer streight she wont notice at all...

Spoiler for little spiler.... better dont look ^^ for your own good...:

well I wont say what was going on since it would be too big of a spoiler... but still I cheer for kanako ^^ she was with jumpei way longer... their parents know each other for long too.... kanako and jumpei spend most time together (all school levels elementar-middle-ow high school).... both act natural around each other.... and still kanako has feelings for jumpei [very strong one's]...... well kanako acts brutally towards jumpei becouse this is the only way to get his attention...[the same she is not a person to show her soft side so easyly... she acts like tsudare ^^]

seriously I would love to have Kanako win at the end.... like break the stereotype of the main char. ending up with the girl on the front line on posters..... so it would be damn good if jumpei ended up with kanako (a 2nd female line lead) and not with mizuno... (she is cute so she wont have any problems to find a boyfriend in future.... while kanako is a tsudare which might be a problem for boys [since mostly they are more into shy ones...] )
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 18:12   Link #220
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well I was totally loving ep 3, Rina Satou as Chizuru is awesome!

They managed to stick with the manga stuff pretty well, even tho this is abit outta order but that doesn't bother me.

Altho kinda wish they stuck with the manga with the part with Kana-chan showing up with the bin was slightly funnier there

I'm still rooting for Kana-chan tho!

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, supernatural