AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-05-07, 12:21   Link #21
Karala

I love Daa! Daa! Daa! At first I thought 78 episodes would be to much, but after awhile I just wanted to watch more and more of it!

How does the series end? I really can't find anything about the series no matter how hard I try -_-
Karala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 00:46   Link #22
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karala
I love Daa! Daa! Daa! At first I thought 78 episodes would be to much, but after awhile I just wanted to watch more and more of it!

How does the series end? I really can't find anything about the series no matter how hard I try -_-
Aw, c'mon. You don't want to know how it ends before you watch it do you?

I love this anime too... it's an amazing credit to the people who made the anime that it has stayed interesting this long. I mean, it's one long "baby episode" for an anime!

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 11:28   Link #23
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

A long baby episode?? I find it a very enjoyable "cutesie" level anime. It has some great comedy in it too. I'm seriously dying waiting for the rest of this anime to be subbed. I'd go buy the region 2 dvd's except I am out of money for a while. Between several things going wrong/breaking lately and a couple of my credit card companies effectively bending me over I'm out of anime money for a while. Like till Christmas at this point. So I'm kinda stuck waiting on other anime subbing groups to either finish releasing some older series they haven't finished, or for new episodes of the current series to come out.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 22:25   Link #24
FeiFongWong

Finally, episode 40 is out, at the end of episode 39, it made it seem like it was the end of the anime, even I knew the series goes to 78. Maybe it was the end of the season or something, anyways, downloading episode 40 right now, I hope I don't have to wait a month for 41

Oh, anyone notice how much Ruu's parents look like Kanata and Miyu? Sine the wormholes allow you to travel in time, what if Ruu-kun came from the future where humans had colonized Ruu's planet and Kanata and Miyu lived there and had Ruu! Maybe thats why Ruu called Miyu and Kanata "Mama" and "Papa" as soon as he saw them. Maybe not...
FeiFongWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 22:55   Link #25
Itlandm
Porcupine

Yes! Oh yes! Episode 40 is here! Yayayayay! *Happy Porcupine Dance* Finally, like a dream come true, more 3(Daa!) goodness!

I'm sorry, but I really don't think Miyu and Kanata are Ruu's parents, although almost anything is possible in this weird universe. But notice that there are already lots of planets with intelligent life and space travel, evidently Earth is more like a natural preserve in cosmos. So I doubt time travel is involved. Perhaps the saucer was programmed to home in on his parents in an emergency, and these two were the closest in that sector of the galaxy?
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 04:36   Link #26
Sledeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeiFongWong
Finally, episode 40 is out, at the end of episode 39, it made it seem like it was the end of the anime, even I knew the series goes to 78. Maybe it was the end of the season or something, anyways, downloading episode 40 right now, I hope I don't have to wait a month for 41

Oh, anyone notice how much Ruu's parents look like Kanata and Miyu? Sine the wormholes allow you to travel in time, what if Ruu-kun came from the future where humans had colonized Ruu's planet and Kanata and Miyu lived there and had Ruu! Maybe thats why Ruu called Miyu and Kanata "Mama" and "Papa" as soon as he saw them. Maybe not...
Seems very likely to me that they are really Ruu's real parents, just the past versions, though my theory is that they travelled into a wormhole and got stranded on Ruu's planet in the past...or something like that. :P Its also very suspicious how they darken the real parent's faces. :P

Glad ep40 came out, keep it up Aone. <3 you very much.
Sledeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 18:04   Link #27
Itlandm
Porcupine

1) Planet Otto is famous for its floating babies (as mentioned by several space visitors). Earth is not. Generally, Otto people have psychic powers; Miyu and Kanata do not.

2) Wanya doesn't recognize them as the parents, andhe has seen the parent's faces; we have not.

3) Ruu gets the 100 multiplication, I think Miyu and Kanata would have known if they had it when they were babies.

4) Ruu's parents are searching for him. Miyu and Kanata would know where he was. They would also know that he was quite safe.
Old 2004-05-21, 18:38   Link #28
Karala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm
1) Planet Otto is famous for its floating babies (as mentioned by several space visitors). Earth is not. Generally, Otto people have psychic powers; Miyu and Kanata do not.

2) Wanya doesn't recognize them as the parents, andhe has seen the parent's faces; we have not.

3) Ruu gets the 100 multiplication, I think Miyu and Kanata would have known if they had it when they were babies.

4) Ruu's parents are searching for him. Miyu and Kanata would know where he was. They would also know that he was quite safe.
Yeah those are some ideas that sort of get in the way of the idea, but I still think it's a good possibilty that they are his parents... who knows, maybe they adopted him? lol...
Karala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 20:58   Link #29
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I'm going to throw my thoughts in on this argument. It's entirely possible that they're searching for him because "searching" doesn't imply actually looking. I could be searching for someone and know what area they are in, but not know exactly where they are. His parents could be making a beeline towards Earth to pick him up, but not remembering exactly where he's at, they'll still have to hunt for him once they get there. That's the part where the true searching kicks in.
Old 2004-05-22, 01:26   Link #30
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Downloading ep 41 now--new To Heart and Daa!Daa!Daa! in the same night, it's like winning the lottery

I remember hearing there was a sequel to Daa!Daa!Daa! where Ruu-kun is a high school or college student and goes to study on Earth--does anyone know if this is manga-only and if it's started running yet? Hopefully it'll do well and be turned into an anime series as well, although Momoka is plenty scary at four years old, she's going to as bad as Christine when she's older....
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 04:34   Link #31
Itlandm
Porcupine

Ruu in high school? That would be awesome. Does anyone know what the series is called? I want to keep my eyes open for it.
Old 2004-05-22, 17:06   Link #32
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm
Ruu in high school? That would be awesome. Does anyone know what the series is called? I want to keep my eyes open for it.
Found it--it's "Shin Daa!Daa!Daa!" (New Daa!Daa!Daa!) and volume 2 of the manga (and possibly more) is out in Japan.

There's a little more info about it here, but THIS LINK HAS SPOILERS FOR THE END OF DAA!DAA!DAA! so don't click unless you don't mind being spoiled on how things wind up:

http://yukkuri.unladylike.org/faq.html

I can't find much about this new series other than that Ruu is "grown up" in it--hopefully it'll get scanlated or licensed and it'll get turned into an anime eventually too. I agree, seeing a grown up Ruu-kun would be awesome--I think he studies abroad on Earth in the new series but I can't find where I read that.

EDIT: There are scans from Shin Daa!Daa!Daa! (just a couple, and not translated) here--they probably are spoilers though, so again beware:

http://yukkuri.unladylike.org/gallery.html

The main page of the Daa!Daa!Daa! fansite I found these on is here, it's much better than I could produce:

http://yukkuri.unladylike.org/main.html
Old 2004-05-23, 09:27   Link #33
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Woohoo!! Sequel!! Man, now I'm phyqued for this one too. I hope that AonE keeps right on after they finish this one and then subs the sequel. That'd be cool.
Old 2004-05-23, 15:35   Link #34
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Woohoo!! Sequel!! Man, now I'm phyqued for this one too. I hope that AonE keeps right on after they finish this one and then subs the sequel. That'd be cool.
Not sure if the sequel's being made into an anime series yet though--all I can find is that the sequel's manga is definitely released through volume 2. I hope that since Daa!Daa!Daa! the original made it to anime, the sequel will too, although nothing on Anime Daisuki about it yet
Old 2004-05-24, 01:32   Link #35
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru
Not sure if the sequel's being made into an anime series yet though--all I can find is that the sequel's manga is definitely released through volume 2. I hope that since Daa!Daa!Daa! the original made it to anime, the sequel will too, although nothing on Anime Daisuki about it yet
Well, by the time the series gets subbed, it may be an anime. We can only hope or groan - whatever your preference for DaaDaaDaa is.
________
Buell Xb12S

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:12.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-08, 03:29   Link #36
Itlandm
Porcupine

So far, I actually like the second half of the series better than the first. The baby part is toned down a bit if favor of the relationship between Miyu and Kanata. And Chris! After watching Midori no Hibi I realize that I sympathize more with girls who do something when they like a boy, even if they never succeed, rather than those who just happen to get close to the boy by divine intervention. Like Midori in MnH, and Miyu in DDD. Really, Miyu knows that she likes Kanata but she continues to act as if he was a nuisance. Meanwhile Chris-chan is making a fool of herself trying to get attention from Kanata. That's just so unfair. I hope we will see more of Christine.
Old 2004-07-08, 21:02   Link #37
suguru
京都 ikitai~

The second half seems to be focusing more on Miyu and Kanata starting to realize they like each other--the last episode that came out was classic, although I was disappointed Christine didn't go into WMD mode at the ball, I expected her to level the whole castle when she saw Miyu/Cinderella and Kanata/Prince dancing together. I'm definitely looking forward to the rest, this is a great series.
Old 2004-09-13, 19:31   Link #38
Itlandm
Porcupine

Just got Ep. 51 of Daa Daa Daa. I really appreciate animeone fansubbing these, but I guess the anime doesn't cause much discussing since it is not very controversial. I look forward to each episode though.

One thing, I wish they would ease up on the "demolition Chris" gag. We got it already! I really like Chris except for her jealousy, and I wish she could get a little more respect. It's a strange thing, because I love to watch the growing friendship between Kanata and Miyu also.
Old 2004-09-14, 07:21   Link #39
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Just a note to the FAN's i have ordered the DVD's now so hopefully vid quality will be better for somewhere around 53-54+ ^_^

And btw its fun when Chris wreck havoc, and this time it was extra fun cause she dident need to clean up the mess :P

Take Care
Sakaki-Dash
Sakaki- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 18:34   Link #40
generalmx
Shoujo Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to generalmx Send a message via AIM to generalmx Send a message via MSN to generalmx
I'm glad AnimeOne has is still working on Daa! Daa! Daa!, as it is currently high up on my list of favorite anime. Yeah, I'm a shoujo fanboy

I think the group has done a brilliant job of releasing episodes to this 70+ long series, far quicker then I would have anticipated. I'm hoping fansublation will end at least around early 2005, though I honestly don't want to wait ^^;
generalmx is offline   Reply With Quote