Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-26, 01:08   Link #3001
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
If Hinagiku can't beat Yui, I don't see how two supporting characters will beat two series leads.
Take a look at what Saki has done. Being the main character is an advantage, but just because you're a side character doesn't mean you can't be incredibly strong. I know Maria used to be considered stronger than Nagi. Nagi did directly beat Maria in the preliminaries so it might not be true any more but Maria is still very close to Nagi in power despite being a side character. Maria and Ayumu defintely have the ability to challenge Taiga and Kushieda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
Yui > Hinagiku - Epic duel is epic. Realistically though, Yui had the upper hand because every Saki fan and his mother would've been anti-voting Hina.
I can't see why that would be the case. It's not even certain Yui is weaker than Hinagiku. Even if Yui is weaker, it's not like it would be by very much. Tactical voting is already fairly limited. It'll be even less effective because there'll be a fair number of tactical voters voting for Hinagiku because they think Yui is the bigger threat.
Old 2009-09-26, 01:09   Link #3002
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmmm. Makes one wonder who was considered the bigger threat, Hina or Yui? If one considers the preliminaries...Yui is the biggest threat to Nodoka. If one goes by total votes (pre-Round 3), Nokoka's threats where Yui (1st), Taiga (2nd), and Hina (3rd). Nokoda was 4th. Nagi was 5th. Maria was 6th. Mihoko was 7th, and Koromo was 8th.

So of the top 8, four would fight each other, and none of those were Saki characters. Thus at least two major threats have been (or will be) eliiminated before the Round of 16(+).
Old 2009-09-26, 09:06   Link #3003
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

Minori and Taiga won.
http://mig380.chez-alice.fr/up0/file/u1_003288.txt

E3-2
1位 866票 [56.90%] 櫛枝実乃梨@とらドラ!
2位 656票 [43.10%] 西沢歩@ハヤテのごとく!!
Spoiler for graph:

F3-1
1位 850票 [53.97%] 逢坂大河@とらドラ!
2位 725票 [46.03%] マリア@ハヤテのごとく!!
Spoiler for graph:

Spoiler for manga saimoe results:

Last edited by frustra; 2009-09-26 at 09:31. Reason: it can't be helped, etc.
Old 2009-09-26, 09:14   Link #3004
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Taiga and Minori win in the end. While I'm not precisely glad of Ayumu losing, Minorin~ isn't a bad alternative. Toradora 2-0 Hayate and set up for Toradora vs K-ON next round. It's like I'm really am in a series tournament~

Never forget
Old 2009-09-26, 09:16   Link #3005
Darth Atma
Rookie Member

Strange...
Every competitors from the same series at the same day won both for 3 times consecutively

The next matches.
G1
Haruhi-chan
Yuki-tan
Eruruu
Eruruu won't beat Yuki for sure...

H2
Haramura Nodoka
Miyamura Miyako
NO MORE SAKI!!!
Though I'm quite sure Miyamiya cannot resist the tides of Saki seires.
Old 2009-09-26, 09:20   Link #3006
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

Spoiler for saimoe material:

Spoiler for today's Manga Saimoe matches:

Last edited by frustra; 2009-09-26 at 12:58. Reason: updated voting thread
Old 2009-09-26, 09:45   Link #3007
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well I'd hoped Maria could pull this one, but couldn't...outside of fake votes at least.

Today I hope for Yuki.
Old 2009-09-26, 10:02   Link #3008
Umandsf
Fanboy of Ai Haibara
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Umandsf Send a message via MSN to Umandsf
Honestly surprised at the outcome of these matches.
Picks: 2-0
Predictions: 8-4

Yuki Nagato @ The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
–VS–
Haruhi Suzumiya @ The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
–VS–
Eruruu @ The One Being Sung* OVA

If you missed it last week, we had a Round 2 tie for the first time in Saimoe history. If only Eruruu wasn’t there. It would have been fun (but probably too predictable). Eruruu has the distinction of winning the first Saimoe match I ever witnessed back in 2007. Since then, I thought the whole tournament was an interesting idea (then again, I feel kind of addicted to all tournaments. I wonder what you would call that. Tourneyphilia?) As for winner…bah, I have to go with Haruhi, even if I don’t want to. Actually, for some strange reason, I want Eruruu to win.

* Utawarerumono, for those who are utterly confused.

Nodoka Haramura @ Saki
–VS–
Miyako Miyamura @ ef -a tale of memories-

Oh, Nodoka. Your Round 1 win will always be a memorable one to me. A little recap for those who don’t know. Back in the middle of Round 1, I went back to school and got my own printer. I got the crazy idea of printing out all the winners’ posters and hanging them up on my one blank wall until all 96 were up. It was fun (and a total waste of ink), until this match. Like Momoko’s mystery poster, her poster ended up also being a bit of a funny joke. Apparently, they figured that while other posters show the most important identifying feature of a character, this one would show a close-up of…her arm over her boobs. When I saw that, I had the biggest facepalm I have ever had in my entire life. So much so that I was actually feeling angry for the next few days because of it. Rather silly, yes, but by this point, I had already established that for me, that kind of fanservice was just stupid and unnecessary, which is also why I tend to pick-and-choose my shows today. I don’t care about it, I don’t like it when it’s used, but I know others are going to go all over it. Anyway, things didn’t get any better when another poster came out, but it was the same one only zoomed out so you actually have a face. To this day, it’s the only poster of the 96 that I absolutely refused to put on my wall (ended up with a quick and cruddy alternative). A bit of research unearth that the show was full of fanservice, too much for my liking, so even though I was intrigued by this powerhouse show dominating the tournament, I know I’ll never end up seeing it. I’m…sorry. I’m rambling again. Although I would like Miyako to win, I know Nodoka will easily cruise to victory.
Old 2009-09-26, 10:07   Link #3009
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustra View Post
[SPOILER="saimoe material"]Match posters
Haha, the 2nd poster makes it hilariously clear how little chance Miyamiya has, even if it weren't already clear by Nodoka being a Saki lead. I'll be voting for Miyamiya anyway, but I'm not going to fool myself.

Likewise, everyone in the first match is low tear, but at least Yuki leads the stats there, for what it's worth. Damn tie, marring what was going to be a 2006 rematch. Following the usual pattern, Eruruu trumps both. Voting Yuki.

For the disappeared Vanishment!
Old 2009-09-26, 11:05   Link #3010
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Haha, the 2nd poster makes it hilariously clear how little chance Miyamiya has, even if it weren't already clear by Nodoka being a Saki lead.
Yup. That just all shows you how powerful Nodocchi's tits are. My goodness...
Old 2009-09-26, 11:18   Link #3011
chaosprophet

English results:

Group E2:
1st 866 votes (56.90%) | Kushieda Minori @ Toradora!
2nd 656 votes (43.10%) | Nishizawa Ayumu @ Hayate no Gotoku!!

Group F1:
1st 850 votes (53.97%) | Aisaka Taiga @ Toradora!
2nd 725 votes (46.03%) | Maria @ Hayate no Gotoku!!

Spoiler for Manga results:
Old 2009-09-26, 11:29   Link #3012
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Congrats to Taiga for winning.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-09-26, 11:35   Link #3013
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

So it was true in the end Minori had even more votes than Taiga. Congratulations to both and a good job to Hamster and Meido.

Today, the first match goes Yuki>Eruru>Haruhi. But counting in the split, Eruru may very likely win this. I would be pretty damned amused if Miyako somehow manages to top Nodocchi, but, we'll see.

Even the girls want her...
Old 2009-09-26, 12:32   Link #3014
OverFunk
It will never be the year

A new day, a surprisingly low tension day for Saimoe duties, unless you do follow manga saimoe.

AS votes: Eruruu and Miyako.
MS votes: Haruka, Tama-chan and Yami (a tournament with 2 Eves)

Never forget
Old 2009-09-26, 12:58   Link #3015
00andz00
-.-'

v (0-2) [6-6]
p (0-2) [10-2]

aw, oh well.. grats to the two Tora

the next match is pretty straight-
votes: Yuki
predictions: Yuki, Nodoka
Old 2009-09-26, 13:24   Link #3016
Team Rocket Elite

Yesterday's Results:

Nishizawa Ayumu - 656
Kushieda Minori - 866

Maria - 725
Aisaka Taiga - 850

These just might be the results Kushieda and Taiga wanted to show they can compete with Yui and Azusa. Ayumu didn't even get close to Kusheida. Taiga vs Maria wasn't as bad but there was still a fair margin between the two. Azusa only did a little better against Nagisa than Taiga did against Maria. The E block and F Block finals are going to be interesting.

Today's matches:

Nagato Yuki vs Suzumiya Haruhi vs Eruruu
Haramura Nodoka vs Miyamura Miyako

The top half of G Block was pretty weak when you look at the characters that are aiming to come out of it. Of the three characters, Yuki is the strongest and Haruhi is the weakest. Yuki would be Eruruu without much trouble if it wasn't for the fact that Haruhi is dragging her down. Eruruu was being held back by split votes when she tied Haruhi and now she's benefiting from Haruhi split votes. I'm still going with Yuki to win the 3-way match. Nodocchi vs Miyamiya is a complete stomp by Nodocchi. I still think Nodocchi is the strongest character and Miyamiya is one of the weakest remaining characters.

My votes:

Nagato Yuki
Miyamura Miyako
Old 2009-09-26, 15:07   Link #3017
enxel
>_<

Well, I lost a Hamster but I won a Tiger
I'll wait for Yui to take care of Minorin (I hope she can) and I'm glad with Maria's performance, farewell brave meido...

Today my picks are:

Nagato Yuki @ Suzumiya Haruhi-chan no Yuutsu
Just hoping she can survive the split vote, if Eruruu wins I'll be happy too, Haruhi is the one that has to stay here

Miyamura Miyako @ ef - a tale of melodies
Just fooling myself as well, but this surely belongs to the twin blobfish

~Fuwa Fuwa Time~
Old 2009-09-26, 15:49   Link #3018
Eater of All
NOM

Aw, Ayumu. At least it was Minori and not someone else.
Vote record: 1-1 (R3: 6-6) (Tot: 76-64)

Today's picks:
Group G3-1 --> Nagato Yuki
Group H3-2 --> Miyamura Miyako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post
Actually, from what I understood, there was a big rush at the end for Hina from Saki fans. Sure, it doesn't represent everybody, but it's kind of harsh to say that everybody does the same thing.
I was avoiding the use of the explicit "every Saki faction tactical voter and his..." because it sounds crude and would be insulting to people's intelligence. Of course my statement was not trying to encompass everyone; hell I'm a half-Saki fan myself if you look at my votes. I was merely expressing how the match was a golden opportunity for the Saki faction to get rid of Hina once and for all. I'm sorry if I offended you with my wording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
I can't see why that would be the case. It's not even certain Yui is weaker than Hinagiku. Even if Yui is weaker, it's not like it would be by very much. Tactical voting is already fairly limited. It'll be even less effective because there'll be a fair number of tactical voters voting for Hinagiku because they think Yui is the bigger threat.
The most basic tactical voting strategy is to anti-vote who one considers the most threatening to one's cause. Considering the evident existence of the HnG faction, which is the Saki faction's rival this year, the Yui vs Hina match was perfect for dealing HnG the critical blow. I agree there is still a sizable K-On fanbase supporting Yui, but I highly doubt they can match Hinagiku's strength by themselves. Tell me, why would the Saki faction suddenly go support their rival against someone who probably won't beat Hina anyway? And don't tell me the Saki faction wasn't participating; that match day had the highest vote total this year if I recall correctly.
Old 2009-09-26, 16:18   Link #3019
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
The most basic tactical voting strategy is to anti-vote who one considers the most threatening to one's cause. Considering the evident existence of the HnG faction, which is the Saki faction's rival this year, the Yui vs Hina match was perfect for dealing HnG the critical blow. I agree there is still a sizable K-On fanbase supporting Yui, but I highly doubt they can match Hinagiku's strength by themselves. Tell me, why would the Saki faction suddenly go support their rival against someone who probably won't beat Hina anyway? And don't tell me the Saki faction wasn't participating; that match day had the highest vote total this year if I recall correctly.
The Saki faction is not a unified coordinated force. Personally, I agree that Hinagiku is the bigger threat. However, this is not a unanimous opinion. Within the Saki faction you'll find people who legtimately think Yui is stronger than Hinagiku. They will tactical vote for Hinagiku to get rid of Yui who they see as the bigger threat. You'll also find lots of people who aren't quite sure who is stronger. They want to tactical vote for the weaker character, but they have no idea which one is the weaker character. I just can't see tactical voting as a significant factor when it's not absolutely clear who the target is. Even if 60% think Hinagiku is stronger and 40% think Yui is stronger, the effect of tectical voting is reduced to 20% due to votes canceling each other out.
Old 2009-09-26, 16:40   Link #3020
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
The Saki faction is not a unified coordinated force. Personally, I agree that Hinagiku is the bigger threat. However, this is not a unanimous opinion. Within the Saki faction you'll find people who legtimately think Yui is stronger than Hinagiku. They will tactical vote for Hinagiku to get rid of Yui who they see as the bigger threat. You'll also find lots of people who aren't quite sure who is stronger. They want to tactical vote for the weaker character, but they have no idea which one is the weaker character. I just can't see tactical voting as a significant factor when it's not absolutely clear who the target is. Even if 60% think Hinagiku is stronger and 40% think Yui is stronger, the effect of tectical voting is reduced to 20% due to votes canceling each other out.
I guess in the end it's just a difference of opinion regarding how dangerous Yui may be seen in people's eyes. I personally think Hina's threat to the Saki girls pretty much overshadows Yui's by miles, and so should they tactical vote, it'll likely be 80-20 against Hina. Also, if the Saki faction can pull something as elaborate as "hidden votes", I really can't help but think that they're more of a cohesive whole rather than a loose bunch of fanatics.

Tags
anime, characters, competition, saimoe