AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-02-07, 16:34   Link #401
babohtea

What are the chances of them going to the same college? If they go to separate colleges I guess they could still meet up; it wouldn't be the same though. Even if they go to the same college we might lose out on Sawako and Kazuya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Wonder if they'll keep the jokes....

Cause it won't make sense if they translate it to:

Yui: MOUNTAIN!
Mio: NO!
Mugi: RIVER!
Mio: NO!

they can live it as is....
Yui: YAMA!
Mio: YADA!
Mugi: KAWA!
Mio: YADA!
They can probably use something else that rhymes.
I don't know what context this is in, but something like
Yui: SUGAR!
Mio: NEVER!
Mugi: FLOUR!
Mio: NEVER!
Or.. something.

Last edited by babohtea; 2010-02-07 at 17:08.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 20:19   Link #402
BakaRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
What are the chances of them going to the same college? If they go to separate colleges I guess they could still meet up; it wouldn't be the same though. Even if they go to the same college we might lose out on Sawako and Kazuya.
Read chapter 33 where we discover that Mugi was recommended by her father to go to Japan Women's University (it obviously matches her perference as well). You can thank Mio for the rest deciding to go there in ch.43. So the band wont break up, unless one of them fails the entrance exam. The only question is Azusa as she is a year behind them and still has a year to decide where she wants to go.
BakaRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 20:51   Link #403
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaRanger View Post
Read chapter 33 where we discover that Mugi was recommended by her father to go to Japan Women's University (it obviously matches her perference as well). You can thank Mio for the rest deciding to go there in ch.43. So the band wont break up, unless one of them fails the entrance exam. The only question is Azusa as she is a year behind them and still has a year to decide where she wants to go.
They already attend an all-girls' highschool, right?
Heh it seems we won't be getting any significant male cast members for a while then. (I thought we would at least see some of their fathers...) Not that it's such a bad thing though.
Old 2010-02-08, 15:50   Link #404
Kak Worm

Meh, I was actually hoping that they would choose to enter a mixed gender college. Having significant male cast members enter the picture would be a nice change of pace.

Romance development FTW!
Kak Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 15:54   Link #405
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

MugiVision covers romantic development.
Old 2010-02-08, 18:30   Link #406
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
MugiVision covers romantic development.
I assume you're joking. Her orientation is used more as a humor device than anything. She could be bi, too.
Old 2010-02-08, 18:41   Link #407
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It is enough to keep one amused. It is a comedy series, not a romance or harem series.
Old 2010-02-08, 21:29   Link #408
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
I assume you're joking. Her orientation is used more as a humor device than anything. She could be bi, too.
girl-crushes are a pretty common occurrence, especially in girl's schools. it may or may not translate to any life choices. Mugi is obviously personally struggling with the thoughts in her head but that's part of the entertainment of watching.
Old 2010-02-08, 22:34   Link #409
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
It is enough to keep one amused. It is a comedy series, not a romance or harem series.
I'm pretty sure it's more slice of life than anything. That being said, even if it is comedy, it could still include romantic elements. I do not in any way want a harem situation.
Old 2010-02-12, 08:55   Link #410
Kak Worm

Chapter 45 scans are out!
Kak Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 09:03   Link #411
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Mugi's resistance is over 9000... has she been with girls most of the time?
Old 2010-02-12, 09:14   Link #412
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Kakifly has been using Mugi as a punchline a little more in the last couple chapters...
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 13:47   Link #413
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Read through the manga recently, then rewatched the series to make sure I wasn't imagining my impressions of the manga.

The two have a very different feel. The manga wins out in the first round.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 09:45   Link #414
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Hm these girls are plowing through the years quickly!

What do you think is going to happen after they graduate? End of K-on?
The main 4 will attend the same school, so the main core of the band will stay intact.

What happens to Azusa is the real question. She's a year behind the rest and unless they all flunk their finals and don't graduate, she will have to leave the band till she gets to college as well (and that's assuming she decides to go to the same one the others plan on going to).

A likely scenario is that she'll have to recruit 3 new members for the club for it to stay afloat, possibly forming her own band (and I'm not ruling out that she'll convince Ui to join if so, considering they're very good friends and Ui has even better perfect pitch than Yui), but that all depends on how much Azusa wants to stay in After-School Tea Time and if there aren't any other methods Azusa can utilize to stick with this band.
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 18:31   Link #415
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Ui has even better perfect pitch than Yui
Where is it revealed that Ui has better perfect pitch (can they even be "better"?)? I know Ui is talented in music and that they're siblings, but perfect pitch isn't your typical genetic trait (if it's related to genetics at all).

Unless it was revealed in a future manga chapter that I have not read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Read through the manga recently, then rewatched the series to make sure I wasn't imagining my impressions of the manga.

The two have a very different feel. The manga wins out in the first round.
How so?
Old 2010-02-17, 05:26   Link #416
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Where is it revealed that Ui has better perfect pitch (can they even be "better"?)? I know Ui is talented in music and that they're siblings, but perfect pitch isn't your typical genetic trait (if it's related to genetics at all).

Unless it was revealed in a future manga chapter that I have not read.
Volume 2, chapter 11. Ui takes Yui's place when she gets a cold and plays the guitar even better than Yui does. After she gets exposed, when Azusa asks her if she could play the guitar, Ui answers by saying she only practiced a few days (and there's no indication that she could already play it before that). So, whatever skill Yui has, Ui seems to have it too and better (or at least, is better at using it to her advantage).
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 21:36   Link #417
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Volume 2, chapter 11. Ui takes Yui's place when she gets a cold and plays the guitar even better than Yui does. After she gets exposed, when Azusa asks her if she could play the guitar, Ui answers by saying she only practiced a few days (and there's no indication that she could already play it before that). So, whatever skill Yui has, Ui seems to have it too and better (or at least, is better at using it to her advantage).
Having a knack at guitar is not the same as having a good music sense or perfect pitch. Azusa is better at Yui at guitar, but she doesn't have perfect pitch. Ui has proven that she's skilled, but if that's where you're drawing your conclusions from it's not conclusively perfect pitch in any way.

Also, Ui has played "a little", but she could just be being modest. If she watches her sister play and learns the chords along with her sister, having dextrous fingers and a good tempo would be enough to play a song well.

Not saying that Ui isn't talented, but we aren't sure that Ui could completely replace Yui (music wise). Ui hasn't shown the perfect pitch or the knack at writing songs that Yui has yet.
Old 2010-02-18, 17:53   Link #418
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Not saying that Ui isn't talented, but we aren't sure that Ui could completely replace Yui (music wise). Ui hasn't shown the perfect pitch or the knack at writing songs that Yui has yet.
I beg to differ, from what I recall Ui>Yui when it comes to writing song lyrics.
Seems to me overall Ui is the better musican but obviously she would never be a real replacement for Yui.
Old 2010-02-18, 20:08   Link #419
babohtea

What, really? I thought for sure it was that Yui was a talented songwriter, and when she first presented her new song idea the club immediately assumed that it was Ui who did it for her because they were so good. In actuality, Yui was the one who wrote it. Am I missing something?

Have they actually explicitly compared the two's lyrics? I didn't know Ui contributed at all.
Old 2010-02-20, 14:56   Link #420
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Wasn't that Yui claiming she wrote the songs with a little help from Ui, when really Ui did most, if not all of, the writing? I think that was the gag the manga was using.

In the manga Yui feels like a regular lazy girl and in the anime she feels like she's always spacing out and has her head in the clouds. The manga is funnier, and all the characters have a playful, mischievous air to them. Yui, Eyebrows, and a basically everyone that isn't Ritsu loses that aspect of their personalities. The manga is obviously about the gags, while the anime has a more laid back approach to it.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life