AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-25, 15:26   Link #1
Trudinh

Cute romance anime

I want a cute romance anime between a girl and a guy falling in love through out the anime. no harem like shuffle hate shuffle too many girls in it.
something like habun no tsuki, shakugan no shana, familair of zero, clannad, kanon(well kanon is a harem but i think it ok since we all known he going to love ayu from the start.)

EDIT:
oh ya hidan no aria is another good anime i watch, well it does has 3 girl loving him but Aria is the main girl and everyone know that.
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi is also one.

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi and shakugan no shana, i love those 2 anime it both has romance and action and it not like those anime where it too serious about action or it too serious about romance.. it kinda balance out.

Last edited by Trudinh; 2011-09-25 at 16:44.
Old 2011-09-25, 15:49   Link #2
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

It seems that you have no problems with some action. For the first, I'll recommend Gunparade March. Have you seen it? It's actually a romance anime between a boy and a girl but disguise itself as a mecha anime. The love story is good, believe me.

Sure there are A LOT others to recommend which (I believe) you will get soon enough. ^_^
Old 2011-09-25, 16:10   Link #3
Trudinh

well i should mention i dont like mecha kind of anime.
Old 2011-09-25, 16:20   Link #4
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Toradora, it has 3 lead girls but I wouldn't call it a harem, it's a very good romance series.

Kobato it's a bit slow on the romance, but it's an enjoyably series with a good ending.

If you're ok with omnibus instead of harem[ie each girl gets an "arc"/"route"], then Amagami SS is worth checking out.

Also maybe Otome Youkai Zakuro and Spice and Wolf.
MAL
Old 2011-09-25, 16:29   Link #5
Trudinh

already watch toradora, and spice and wolf. might try amagami ss, dont know about kobato.
Old 2011-09-25, 16:32   Link #6
Trudinh

well i like some harem, but the main thing i hate about is harem is there like 5 girls liking the same guy leading to him picking 1 at then end like shuffle.

also i just mention no horror or mystery.

And when i say cute romance anime "CUTE"
Old 2011-09-25, 16:36   Link #7
Trudinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Toradora, it has 3 lead girls but I wouldn't call it a harem, it's a very good romance series.

Kobato it's a bit slow on the romance, but it's an enjoyably series with a good ending.

If you're ok with omnibus instead of harem[ie each girl gets an "arc"/"route"], then Amagami SS is worth checking out.

Also maybe Otome Youkai Zakuro and Spice and Wolf.
what you mean by each girl get an arc?
Old 2011-09-25, 17:36   Link #8
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudinh View Post
what you mean by each girl get an arc?
The girls get 4 episodes where they are the "main" heroine and it follows them and the MC. Then it "resets" so to speak and focuses on a different girl.

Also Otome Youkai Zakuro has some supernatural elements to it, but it's not far from shakugan no Shana really in terms of balancing them with romance.
MAL
Old 2011-09-25, 18:35   Link #9
Undertaker

Think Amagami SS as a collection of 4-episodes OVAs that sets in different parallel world.

As for other suggestions try Mayo Chiki for similar romance structure as Hidan no Aria.

If you are looking for pure romance that develops over time. As I suggested in another thread, you can't go wrong with Kimi ni Todoke, Lovely Complex, and Kaicho wa Maid-sama.
Old 2011-09-25, 18:56   Link #10
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
As for other suggestions try Mayo Chiki for similar romance structure as Hidan no Aria.
Yea if HnA was fine, they it should be too .
MAL
Old 2011-09-25, 19:02   Link #11
Trudinh

ok, i might try Kimi ni Todoke, but mayo chiki, i read the preview of it and it about a girl suppose to be a guy but got found out that she a girl. lol kind of a lame story. that why i didnt watch it when it first came out.

....i kinda do my research on the newest anime i kinda know all the new anime that is going to come out.

OHHHHH shakugan no shana season 3 YA cant wait.
Old 2011-09-25, 19:07   Link #12
Trudinh

man i watch so many anime that is romance-comedy that are good. from clannad to this ugly but yet beautiful world.

guess i should watch some Korean drama..... until some good new anime come out.
Old 2011-09-25, 19:31   Link #13
Undertaker

Mayo Chiki is a weird title in that if you just read the synopsis, it sounds like another harem LN adaption and I did peg it before the season as my go to harem comedy, but it didn't quite end up what I though it would be.

The series is actually very developed as far as romance comedy go and didn't really quite fell into the harem genre. It goes from force encounter to mutual attraction to potential triangle all the dealing with a cross-dressing butler who had her own reason for presenting herself that way. It anything the romance flow is feeling more like Toradora and as I mentioned HoA. It's also similar to BakaTest where there aare many female but only 3 or so and interested in the main character with one particularly stands out. Although Mayo Chiki is much more developed romantically.
Old 2011-09-25, 20:29   Link #14
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudinh View Post
well i should mention i dont like mecha kind of anime.
Well, It's a pity that you don't open to mecha genre. Gunparade March is not that serious about the mecha battle (though one of the main characters do dies) and the romance can be very cute too. It's okay though, I understand your indifference toward mecha.

Told you you'll get your fair share of suggestions, fast . If you like Korean drama, there's always Winter Sonata anime if you haven't seen it already.
Old 2011-09-27, 12:43   Link #15
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

For cuteness, nothing beats Midori no Hibi for me. Main girl is obvious. Midori is so cute, you may end up hating the guy for not being nice to her enough
Old 2011-09-27, 19:21   Link #16
Kyloix
Meister

i would suggest as a general "cute romance" elemental gelade, eureka seven(slightly mecha but awesome), elfen lied, ranma 1/2, soul eater(although i wish it played off the romance more), ah my godess, fate/stay night, clover and honey, clannad, and last but certainly not least angel beats.
Old 2011-09-27, 21:28   Link #17
Seiryuu

Since I don't see it suggested, I'll mention Aishiteruze Baby. It doesn't have the sort of comic side you'll get from stuff like HnA and ZnT, but it is definitely cute and sweet, and very much focused on one pair.
Old 2011-09-30, 07:28   Link #18
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
The girls get 4 episodes where they are the "main" heroine and it follows them and the MC. Then it "resets" so to speak and focuses on a different girl.
Isn't that pretty much what Shuffle! did? If Trudinh hated Shuffle, I don't see him enjoying this much.