AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-07, 19:24   Link #241
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

I think this has been denied before and it's pretty late in the game for something like this, but can we get some sort of fan-works thread? I see plenty of subforums with a whole thread dedicated to fanfictions, so why can't Umineko have one? But perhaps not solely directed to literature either, even games like that Umineko Action game, the Mugen characters, or the Rosa Musou one. (I'm not really talking about some sort of roleplaying game though.) There's just a whole lot of fan stuff that would be fun to discuss that's neither a video or an image.
Old 2011-09-10, 16:50   Link #242
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

There's still a few things that don't really fit for discussion in the current threads, and some things are in the Images and OMK threads that probably shouldn't be but don't really work elsewhere.

I think it'd be appropriate.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Old 2011-09-10, 17:03   Link #243
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

You know, I wouldn't mind either having such a thread, as Golden Dream said, there are fanfic threads in other boards, for example Fate/stay Night, and it's not like there's a lack of materials to discuss about.

Old 2011-09-10, 17:24   Link #244
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Not to mention that having like, a Forgery/Fanfiction thread is practically mandatory considering how Umineko's canon and expanded universe is set up.

Shit, is there even an Extra TIPS thread?
Old 2011-09-10, 17:42   Link #245
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Shit, is there even an Extra TIPS thread?
No but it was requested:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...53#post3281253

Now that you mention it though... since they are all collected in Tsubasa now, how come there isn't a tsubasa thread?

Old 2011-09-10, 18:42   Link #246
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Well, they're not ALL collected in Tsubasa...
Old 2011-10-05, 16:30   Link #247
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

I'd like to voice my vote towards a general fanworks thread as well, since there are many things that have discussion potential, but just plain don't fit into any of the existing threads (things that aren't fanart, or videos, or cosplay pretty much have nowhere to go).
Old 2011-11-19, 10:11   Link #248
Kylon99

Can we split off the spoilers, theories, interpretation threads into a new 'Criticism' thread? It seems like any time any discussion starts about theories or interpretations, it gets drowned out by lengthy discussions on the merits of Umineko.

It would be nice to discuss any final theories before the Confessions booklet comes out. And criticism or review of Umineko is a valid topic of discussion, but I'm not sure that the two topics go together at all.
Old 2011-11-19, 10:29   Link #249
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
Can we split off the spoilers, theories, interpretation threads into a new 'Criticism' thread? It seems like any time any discussion starts about theories or interpretations, it gets drowned out by lengthy discussions on the merits of Umineko.

It would be nice to discuss any final theories before the Confessions booklet comes out. And criticism or review of Umineko is a valid topic of discussion, but I'm not sure that the two topics go together at all.
Can't that go into overall game impressions? Since the last bullet point is, "what the author could have done better."
Old 2011-11-19, 10:50   Link #250
Kylon99

That would be good too. The main point here is I'd like it to go somewhere else, other than drowning out all the talk about, well... spoilers, theories and interpretations. 8) Maybe we need a moderator to do something...

EDIT: I made the suggestion in the Spoilers, Theories, Interpretations thread. Maybe this will sort itself out.
Old 2011-11-20, 04:45   Link #251
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

In fairness, a lot of that is because discussion of a theory is usually going to bring up the merits of the theory, which immediately requires contrasting it with the build of the work.

Not to mention that a lot of theories nowadays are about plugging up unanswered holes in the narrative or trying to excuse away perceived problems.
Old 2011-12-15, 03:04   Link #252
tantei okuoku
Mystery Otaku

I was hoping to make a thread about a finding a voice actor for beatrice, I am working on a abridged series for Detective Academy Q, and in it I am making god a charter, who will beatrice. it works for the script since I have quite a few umineko jokes in there, and she is criticizing the main character's truth. I was hoping on posting a call for someone to do the role, and thought this would be a great forum to do it on. this would be a somewhat small recurring charcter through out the series. here is an example of one of her scenes
ASSISTANT/angela lansberry
Not until I explain your motive, amber alert.

GOD
Now see kyu pay attention her truth actually has a point to it outside it being a reference to her name starting with A, and being an assistant

KYU
yes lady

God
Lady how dare you assign your gender distinctions to me the almighty god,One day when you wake up you'll find yourself traped in a different reality as punishment for that.

KYU
I'm sorry your allmightyness

God
will if I did it before ryu becomes a regular in the series his army of fangirls and the manga translator would complain to me about it to no end so I guess I should wait until after then.

Assistant starts speaking again with what she says in amber subtitles
Old 2011-12-23, 20:35   Link #253
WitchOfDoubt

Yet another request for a fanworks/fanfic thread link. A place to swap fanfic recommendations and advertise our fanworks would be welcome.

Let the message bottles fall like rain!
Old 2012-02-12, 11:29   Link #254
Mormel

Could maybe a thread named "Umineko PC and PS3 differences" be opened?
A real comparsion is nowhere available on the internet let alone personal opinions.
Old 2012-02-12, 13:12   Link #255
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
Could maybe a thread named "Umineko PC and PS3 differences" be opened?
A real comparsion is nowhere available on the internet let alone personal opinions.
You mean, like, any changes and additions to the dialogue, as well as new character designs, expressions, and unique effects?

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2012-02-12, 13:26   Link #256
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

PS3 threads are enough for this kind of content.
Old 2012-02-12, 18:53   Link #257
Mormel

Yeah I meant that and personal "PC vs PS3" impressions.
Objective und subjective opinions on the changes.
But of course asking for a summary in the latest thread is also a possibility.
Old 2012-07-31, 06:26   Link #258
RandomAvatarFan

Quote:
Discussion about the license can be found in the "[THREAD=]Umineko licensed by NIS America[/THREAD]" thread, please use it to discuss aspects of the license.
Instead we've been discussing it across EVERY OTHER thread on here. Please add this, or at least unlock that annoucement thread and turn it into a discussion thread.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
Old 2012-09-07, 09:15   Link #259
tantei okuoku
Mystery Otaku

I am planing and working on an english dub for rondo (novels 1-4) at least. could I please have a thread to talk about it and request some people audition for various characters. (this is project is contingent on being able to find strong actors for eva and beatrice (and also battler to a point).
Old 2012-09-07, 10:01   Link #260
RandomAvatarFan

tantei, you could probably talk about that on the fanworks discussion page.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
Closed Thread