Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-22, 17:38   Link #1881
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Just get the jeweler quest-- by the time the loss of the ruby becomes an issue you'll have it. You're close to it by now, I'd think.

Also, have you tried just dropping the item w/o the trade screen?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-05-22 at 18:28.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 18:44   Link #1882
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lol, got peer pressured into playing more Diablo 3 by my friends. And while a whole lot has not changed, those random events got me hooked. Kinda had a falling out with the friends I was grouping with though, as they wanted to finish the acts ASAP while I wanted to explore every nook and cranny for random quests/unique monster fights et all.

But looks like it's all for naught though, as my character has no equipment anymore for some reason. I dunno if something glitched, or someone had access to my account and duped the items to their accounts. Not sure if it is the latter though, as I'm only lvl 19 with trash gear lol.

Hmm.... wonder what really happened.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 18:50   Link #1883
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ugh... they better fix it and return people's items if they've been affected. :S The later needs to be done.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 19:05   Link #1884
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I think its a glitch, unlikely to have account hacking already, I may be wrong though.
I just found a 2hn axe which has better stats then my main hand and off hand I look like a idiot running around with a axe now. So much more intellect and vitality I guess I cant complain.
Old 2012-05-22, 20:29   Link #1885
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Still can't get my gemmed helmet back. I'm seriously angry about it at this point. I can only get (very rare) chipped gem drops at this point, and that was a full ruby, not a chipped, and it's lost to me forever. Combine that with my absolutely horrid luck with item drops regardless of my magic find equips...
Luck does not matter, gems drops by the droves.
Chipped ones are completely wothless, as combining them costs more than its value.
Even flawless and perfects are pretty worthless, you only get radiant and above to drop in later stages anyways.

I have dozens of gems way higher quality than a full that has no value to me.
If you're playing in the American server I can just give you some.
I seriouly doubt that helm you lost is worth much more than 1000g at the rate of AH deflation.

Last edited by aohige; 2012-05-22 at 21:49. Reason: spelling horrors
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 20:59   Link #1886
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

My stupid Athenticator is screwed up, so i gotta get it removed... so far its been 2 hours since i asked.
Old 2012-05-22, 21:20   Link #1887
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I seriouly doubt that helm you lost is worth much more than 1000g at the rate of AH deflation.
This seems to be balanced by the Blacksmith. If inflation happens, I just craft a few rares and get my gold that way. It would mean I can finally afford to expand my stash. (The gold sinks in this game are INSANE.) I find it interesting that gems are so looked down on, I guess this is what happens when people rush through to Inferno. I haven't even finished normal yet since I restarted by changing servers.

p.s. I now am starting a habit of keeping at least 5 rares at the auction house at all times. And to make sure I have something for sale every night when I log off. More exciting to see bids happen the next day when I log in again.
Old 2012-05-22, 21:28   Link #1888
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Perfect squares drop often enough in inferno (sometimes it drops in Hell Act3/4). Anything below that would be vendor trash. It is not worth the gold to combine any lower level gems. You will need a ton of perfect squares if you are looking into making star gems (the last one I made costed me >300k iirc).
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 21:41   Link #1889
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
This seems to be balanced by the Blacksmith. If inflation happens, I just craft a few rares and get my gold that way. It would mean I can finally afford to expand my stash. (The gold sinks in this game are INSANE.) I find it interesting that gems are so looked down on, I guess this is what happens when people rush through to Inferno. I haven't even finished normal yet since I restarted by changing servers.

p.s. I now am starting a habit of keeping at least 5 rares at the auction house at all times. And to make sure I have something for sale every night when I log off. More exciting to see bids happen the next day when I log in again.
Oh, I agree with you on the blacksmithing part. I never intended to mean the deflation was actually a problem.

As for the gems though, due to the ridiculous frequency of its drops, and the high price the NPC charges to combine them, the lower-tier gems, basically anything radiant and lower, are worth nothing... it's so expensive to "build" a square gem, when they drop like nothing in Hell/Inferno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
My stupid Athenticator is screwed up, so i gotta get it removed... so far its been 2 hours since i asked.
Before you get it removed... did you make sure and hit the "synch" button?
Old 2012-05-22, 22:29   Link #1890
FateAnomaly

All throughout normal and nightmare i didn't know about the wonders of smokescreen. I thought it work like stealth in other games. Now it is really saving my hide in hell.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 23:11   Link #1891
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Oh, I agree with you on the blacksmithing part. I never intended to mean the deflation was actually a problem.

As for the gems though, due to the ridiculous frequency of its drops, and the high price the NPC charges to combine them, the lower-tier gems, basically anything radiant and lower, are worth nothing... it's so expensive to "build" a square gem, when they drop like nothing in Hell/Inferno.

Before you get it removed... did you make sure and hit the "synch" button?
about a thousand times and did the recover thing maybe 100... Just got the email that "its done" .. yet i still get the Authendicator crap...
Old 2012-05-22, 23:42   Link #1892
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
All throughout normal and nightmare i didn't know about the wonders of smokescreen. I thought it work like stealth in other games. Now it is really saving my hide in hell.
Smokescreen is rather amazing as is, definitely worth the slot.

I do not know why it never hit me that you could use it offensively.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 00:01   Link #1893
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Perfect squares drop often enough in inferno (sometimes it drops in Hell Act3/4). Anything below that would be vendor trash. It is not worth the gold to combine any lower level gems. You will need a ton of perfect squares if you are looking into making star gems (the last one I made costed me >300k iirc).
Blizzard mentioned that they left a few ideas in reserve until the meta game balances out. One of them is the idea of using gem/gem dust in crafting recipes. They are just watching the world wide trends for now, and will make changes when they decided something need fixing. One such thing is what happens when there are too many gems.
Old 2012-05-23, 01:04   Link #1894
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Try to get an authenticator either via mobile app/dongle and have it set to authenticate everytime you log in. It's an extra hassle but well worth the effort considering the popularity of blizzard games makes it an enticing target to attack.

Been working a bit more on my Monk, NM Hell now @ lvl 51 hasn't really pose much of a challenge to me with my tank set up. I noticed once my dodge is high enough, i can tank most of the champions easily.

Currently using
Crippling Wave (Mangle)
Fist of Thunder (Thunderclap)
Cyclone Strike (Wall of Wind) = dodge buff and vortex
Sweeping Wind (Blade Storm) = pbaoe dmg
Serenity (Peaceful Repose) = invunerablity + heal + cc breaker
Mantra of Evasion (Hard Target) = dodge + armor aura
Resolve, Seize the initiative and Transcendence.

The only thing that it's lacking is single burst dmg for getting those damn goblins.
Old 2012-05-23, 01:17   Link #1895
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

On Monk attacks:
On Inferno (w/o quickening bug), I like Way of Hundred fists. While it does not have debuffs built into them, the AoE Knockback associaated with the 3rd strike (and each is made rapidly) is one form of damage mitigation in inferno mode while your range dps kill things.

A friend of mine tanks with tempest rush and runs in circles .

@Gems:
The gold cost for combining low level gem, or even crafting things from BSing atm does not truly justify their creation. Inferno recipes cost 130k gold alone just for the craft + ~50-80k worth of mats. You are better off just spending 500k on something on the AH rather than gambling 2.5 times.

Right now there are some specs that are completely broken. Monk's Healing Mentra just got nerfed. Mage's armor nerf is rumored. Demon hunter can stealth through Inferno cow level wearing full MF and loot all the chests and pinata while stealthed yielding act 4 lvl loot... It is rather discouraging knowing those who "exploit" are ahead of me in the game already. As a barbarian (who play with a DH and a mage) we work really hard to progress through acts and killing each elite pack "properly". If it wasn't because the support of my friends I might have given up on my barbarian a long time ago.

Even after the nerfs they can keep the millions that they have made. As soon as RMAH rolls out (I don't think the game is prepared for it yet) they will be the ones who will flood the AH with various items they have farmed so far....

PS:
Want to buy stormshield @>27% block and "decent" stats, will pay 2.5mil.

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2012-05-23 at 01:28.
Old 2012-05-23, 02:00   Link #1896
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I just had an illusionist elite. With minions. Who were all illusionist.
And the mob type for all of them were "fly away and shoot missles".

Result?

Like a bazillion enemies all over the screen, except next to me.

Yeeeaaaah I don't think melee can handle this
Old 2012-05-23, 02:14   Link #1897
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Solo melee is fine, because the illusion provide targets for revenge (or quickening bug for monk). The "real" mob will always have more hp/seem more durable. Mobs who fly away though, is another story... monk can attempt to spam cyclone strike, barbs... well... should prob just fight another pack.

Illusionist really hurt range dps if they are not in an AoE spec because the clone will soak attacks intended for the real target.
Old 2012-05-23, 02:21   Link #1898
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Solo melee is fine, because the illusion provide targets for revenge (or quickening bug for monk). The "real" mob will always have more hp/seem more durable. Mobs who fly away though, is another story... monk can attempt to spam cyclone strike, barbs... well... should prob just fight another pack.

Illusionist really hurt range dps if they are not in an AoE spec because the clone will soak attacks intended for the real target.
There's TWENTY FIVE targets on the screen all RUNNING AWAY from you.
Normally this is not an issue, but when there's that many? The time you spend chasing illusions, they simply cast more.

It's an endless chase.

Last edited by aohige; 2012-05-23 at 02:57.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 03:22   Link #1899
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

... and this would be the first time curse words flowed from my mouth like honey trying to kill an Elite mob in Hell difficulty.

That had Invulnerable Minions, Molten, and Extra Health.

And they were inside the Warrior's Rest, where kiting is very difficult to do. It took me like the better part of half an hour to kill him

At least I got some good loot out of him though when I finally got smashed by my Comet

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 03:34   Link #1900
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
... and this would be the first time curse words flowed from my mouth like honey trying to kill an Elite mob in Hell difficulty.

That had Invulnerable Minions, Molten, and Extra Health.

And they were inside the Warrior's Rest, where kiting is very difficult to do. It took me like the better part of half an hour to kill him
I tried running past some tough Elites in Act II Hell once. Ended up pulling a Champion group too. Jailer/Molten/Something and Jailer/Fire Chains/Nightmarish. Then I managed to pull another Champion group, Wallers.

Damn bees.

Managed to separate the wallers and take them out. Then slowly chip away at the bees with Blizzard from as far away as possible.

I'm going to pretend Inferno doesn't exist. I can't even imagine the insanity...
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler