AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-05, 14:17   Link #21
Fukiri
Lazy ass

Send a message via MSN to Fukiri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuongfantasy View Post
how do I play this game? can u give me the control buttons and how do u use their special move?? and use teh child special move??
Eto... let's see. The arrows are the directions. The (;,) (.: )(-_) buttons are used to attack; the (~^) button usually does the special attack. Now to call the child or to do the special child attack I don't know. I know that with Nao I keep pressing the attack buttons and sometimes she does it . Now Mai and Mikoto are really a pain to do it... -_-''

BTW, does anyone know for what is Mikoto's special "attack" (with the (~^) button)? She just does one of those sayan thigies and doesn't attack at all...

And yeah... Natsuki is a pain on the neck to beat (she also annoys me, when I'm fighting against her that is XD).
Old 2007-01-05, 17:27   Link #22
JPNK

we need more people running the torrent. i really wanna play the game but i'm getting between 0-2 kb/s.
Old 2007-01-05, 19:14   Link #23
Chuongfantasy

so u mean the (,) button the (.) button and the (/) button are use for attack?? and the (~) button is use for special attack?? I don't get it
Old 2007-01-05, 19:35   Link #24
gashunum

if you remember old street fighter youll can use some weird moves :P

anyway for the keys (natsuki) :
, : punch (weak)
. : kick (med)
/ : shoot (strong)
\ : dhuran (child) (only when child bar is full or not red for nao's case)

when you use for example down, forward, \, you'll use dhuran load silver cartridge (thus freezing the opponent), for akane's case, you'll use her special (thus reducing the hime bar counter) which is harry's roar attack.

I don't know how to use mikoto's "child" and you can control julia when nao uses her child (including julia's web attack).

man I love this game, even better than senretsu (if they create better graphic, it make this game excellent)

The "animation" is very detailed, such as miroku can be dropped down, nao's claw attack and many more

Last edited by gashunum; 2007-01-05 at 19:51.
Old 2007-01-05, 21:57   Link #25
Fukiri
Lazy ass

@Chuongfantasy: Yeah, it's like gashunum said. (Though I don't use Natsuki many times to know XD). I'm sorry if I got some buttons wrong, but since I'm not American nor English, my keyboard can be a little different from your's. XD

Agreed, Gashunum. For a doujin game I wasn't expecting this level of details O_O I was thinking that it would be just one of those crappy games that we see sometimes but boy, was I suprised! Can't wait to play the completed version. Too bad that there aren't any Otome characters... I would want to kick some Otome butts... *coughstomoeandarikacoughs* (Sorry the fans, but I couldn't help it...)
Old 2007-01-05, 22:23   Link #26
Arcj
Materialise!

Send a message via MSN to Arcj
How do I reload the Gun with Natsuki?
Old 2007-01-06, 06:33   Link #27
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
If you have trouble to play on this Trial Version
Here's button Location... I agree... The Child Button is VERY FAR...
This is a perfect Configuration for those who play with Left hand :/
I'm with those who play with Right Hand, so... The Direction Button can't help me a lot

On red : A Bouton
On yellox : B Bouton
On blue : C Bouton
On green : Child Unleash
On violet : Control Button

With This
Before

After
Old 2007-01-06, 07:45   Link #28
Arcj
Materialise!

Ah, thx IchiKyo!

But, I never succes with any of the characters special moves. I havnt even figured out the combination to reload Natsukis gun, shoot Ice things, making Duran go big etc....Guess I'll get it soon.

And I freakin hate Mai's and Nao's special move....those is a pain in the ass
Old 2007-01-06, 08:17   Link #29
OtomeYuna

to reload Natsukis gun you have to press down,down then the child button
Old 2007-01-06, 09:27   Link #30
Arcj
Materialise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtomeYuna View Post
to reload Natsukis gun you have to press down,down then the child button
Thx alot! Think it will be a little easier in long fights now ^_^
Old 2007-01-06, 19:33   Link #31
JPNK

i think its kinda dumb that you have to reload natsuki's gun, even though in the anime it has unlimited bullets. but from a game standpoint, just sitting there firing away would be pretty cheap...
Old 2007-01-06, 19:59   Link #32
Fukiri
Lazy ass

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that it was because of that problem that they made the bullets limited. It's hard to move while Natsuki keeps shooting at us... if it was unlimited... well... we would be in serious troubles...
Old 2007-01-07, 12:51   Link #33
JPNK

why would the put in a two player mode but not put any keys set to the secondary player? There's no way to set it to two player because if you press A again it goes to CPU. I was trying to set it to 2P so that i could possibly figure out moves, but I cant because of the frikkin cpu.
Old 2007-01-07, 13:25   Link #34
Fukiri
Lazy ass

Ehehe! Same problem here XD They're lacking the training mode. But you can't set it to 2p probably because this is only a trial and they didn't put that opition yet... At least this is what I think since I can't manage to set it either...
Old 2007-01-07, 14:09   Link #35
PiccoloUE

Location: 1/3 down the road to life 2/3 twords the grave, where the meet who knows.
You can set it to 2p so you can train if you want. When you select your character and hit A, Hit A again and it will go to cpu 2nd player. Just hit the up key to set it to an actual second player. You can use the other 1/2 of the keyboard to control the 2nd player too so you can train on both of em.

I do to the english language... What Chuck Norris does to your face. Creates it and then destorys it!
Old 2007-01-07, 14:13   Link #36
JPNK

Oh, so thats how you do it.

I was able to figure out most (if not all) of Akane's moves. She uses tonfa, and those are awesome. the [,] will be called the A button, [.] will be B, and [/] will be C. [\] will just be Child.
Quote:
Directional Keys : Move
Forward - Forward : Dash
Back - Back : Dodge Backwards
Up : Jump
Up - Up : Swing tonfa horizontally, hovering in mid-air. Releasing Up and pressing Up again while still in the air will continue the hover.
After being knocked down, as soon as you hit the ground, pressing A+(Left or Right) will result in a quick recover.

A : Punch. This can be repeated, and the move does not change
B : Swing. A horizontal swing of the tonfa.
B - B : Pressing it twice with do a horizontal swing and then a vertical swing.
C : Upward swing.
Down - A : Low Punch. Just like the regular
Down - B : Low Kick.
Down - C : Low Swing
Up - A : Kick (in the air)
Up - B : Horizontal Swing (in the air)
Up - C : Downward Swing (in the air)

A+B : Dodge. You will dodge toward your opponent, so if you are right next to them you will end up behind them. They can hit you still, so its basically only for movement.
A+C: Nothing. You will just do the basic punch.
B+C: Jump Strike. After a low jump you will hit them with the tonfa
Down - Forward - A (or B or C) : A circular swing of the tonfa. Pressing A (or B or C) again will do another circular swing with the opposite hand, and pressing A (or B or C) for a third time will do a swing with both hands at the same time.

Hold Forward - Down - Forward - A (or B or C) : A jumping circular swing (my favorite move). Hold down forward so you are moving, and then Down - Forward - A (or B or C) in quick succession.

Down - Back - A : A circular swing of the tonfa resulting in a short whirlwind, sending the opponent upwards.
Down - Back - B : A circular swing of the tonfa resulting in a medium whirlwind, sending the opponent upwards.
Down - Back - C : A circular swing of the tonfa resulting in a long whirlwind, sending the opponent upwards.

Child : Call Harry to roar at the opponent, sending them backwards, but doing no damage.
Down - Forward - Child : Call Harry to roar at the opponent, stunning them in place for a short period of time, doing a small amount of damage. While they are stunned, you can get off a short combo.
That should be it, but there might be more. Also, I have seen the computer use something I can only describe as a grab/throw. When they do it, you are temporarily immobile, blue sparks appear from your location, and they do a short 2-3 hit combo and then you are sent flying. Has anyone been able to do this?
Old 2007-01-07, 14:21   Link #37
JPNK

i was able to get into the two player mode, and i got the keys for it

on american keyboards, [A] is the A button, [S] is the B button, and [Z] is the C button. [X] is the Child button. [F] is left, [G] is right, [T] is up, and [V] is down.

I like first player keys much better.

oh, and in two player mode, I let the time run out, and I got an error that caused the program to close. The text that appears when the character wins didn't appear, and then the error closed the game.
Old 2007-01-07, 19:20   Link #38
JPNK

yay for triple posts!! seems like i'm the only one playing the game.

^ i found a glitch. I KO'd Natsuki, but right before that happened she sent out Duran, so I got knocked down at the same time, but not KO'd. So then I get a Mashiro. Looks like the program makes a Mashiro appear based off of the position of the character, not the status of their health.

Also, If any of you are still wondering about the special moves, there is a manual in the CD image. Just go to My Documents, right click on the drive where the game is mounted, and click Explore. Then go into the MANUAL folder and click on manual.htm. It has all the character special moves in it. If you can read katakana, you should be fine. If you can't google translate works pretty well. I still haven't figured out how to do Mikoto's child attack yet tho...

And, I answered my own question. To do the grab/throw, you go right next to them, hold down Forward, and press C.
Old 2007-01-07, 20:03   Link #39
cpxmay
Gensokyo Adventurer

Selecting the characters using different keys gives you different colours.

Golden Duran.

btw, Mashiro can appears as long you have a bar in the round red special bar(the hime sign).
Old 2007-01-07, 22:15   Link #40
JPNK

i wish i could show you guys my screen. I found a major glitch. I was playing as Mai, and facing Miyu. While Mai is in the air, if you press Down Down [Attack], you will perform a flaming dive. At the same time as that, Miyu did her move where she dashes forward with the Drill attachment. I was sent back, but Miyu is trapped within the attack routine, standing still. If I touch the drill I am hurt, but she doesn't move. The wind that appears when you dash backwards is appearing perpetually, and two beams of light are going vertically from her location. Alyssa is unaffected. She just stands there, looking left and right. I used the same attack again, and she was sent flying, thus ending the glitch. If I knew how to write that in japanese, I would submit that as a bug report.

EDIT: I found another glitch, in the same fight! I KO'd Miyu, and she was resurrected. As soon as she was up, she did her special attack, and at that time I was dashing forward, so I was KO'd. The weird thing was, I wasn't knocked down, and Mashiro did not appear. My health did recover though, and the "Mashiro Resurrection" text appeared, just like normal. I was not able to move, and when the resurrection ended I stood up just like normal, even though I was already standing.

Last edited by JPNK; 2007-01-07 at 22:23. Reason: another glitch
Closed Thread