AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Kanon - 2006 - Characters Poll II (Multiple Choice!)
Yuuichi 219 42.28%
Ayu 235 45.37%
Nayuki 219 42.28%
Shiori 168 32.43%
Makoto 159 30.69%
Mai 263 50.77%
Akiko 71 13.71%
Akiko's Jam 101 19.50%
Kaori 49 9.46%
Jun 33 6.37%
Mishio 29 5.60%
Sayuri 157 30.31%
Piro 53 10.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 518. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-20, 00:10   Link #21
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

1st poll:
Yuichi
Ayu
Shiori
Akiko
Akiko's jam
Mishio
Piro

Then, came the limit to 4....

2nd poll:
Yuichi
Ayu
Shiori
Mai

Yuichi: He's human in this version and actually not whiny and likeable. I could actually sympathize with him instead of wondering what they saw in him.

Ayu: She's likeable. She was considerate of others. She stuck to her guns. She pulled the ultimate sacrifice maneuver and still made it out alive. That shows that this chick's smart too.

Shiori: She's likeable and very forgiving of Kaori. She was so parallel to Ayu's situation that it's almost easy to see how she could come up with the deux ex machina explanation. Her breakdown in ep. 24 was so touching.

Mai: Her story was touching and she was a linchpin in Ayu's path. Very dependable person. I liked her a lot.

Last edited by orion; 2007-03-20 at 05:37. Reason: too tired to do it right the first time
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 01:46   Link #22
Sai the Dreamer
Dead Sexy
*Graphic Designer

To be honest, pretty much all of the main girls are tied for me. If I had to choose based on anything other than their sole characteristics, I'd go for Mai and Nayuki, but those choices come about from their stories alone, not particularly as a result of who they are.
Sai the Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 01:47   Link #23
phelan_kell
loves Mai :D

Nayuki, Shiori, Mai. I forgot to put Sayuri T_T

I'd explain, but I'll leave it for a day when I'm not rushed to get back to work XD
phelan_kell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 01:59   Link #24
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
How could Yuuichi start getting left behind like this. Poor guy is the best male lead we've ever gotten and he's starting to get creamed.
Old 2007-03-20, 03:07   Link #25
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Left behind ? He is 2 votes behind Mai, and 1 vote behind Shiori/Sayuri... which is hardly "left behind".

On a side note - both Shiori and Sayuri are doing much better than i expected Which makes me a happy bunny ^__^ *hop hop* ... ok, i am starting to scare myself 0_o *goes to hide in a corner*
Old 2007-03-20, 03:34   Link #26
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It only really works if you wear the ears....
Old 2007-03-20, 05:33   Link #27
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

But that could be scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
How could Yuuichi start getting left behind like this. Poor guy is the best male lead we've ever gotten and he's starting to get creamed.
I do agree that Yuichi 2k6 version is the most balanced and responsible male lead we've seen in a while.

More anime should take note amd give us balanced male leads.
Old 2007-03-20, 06:56   Link #28
Storm-and-Fire

Previously...

1) Mai
2) Ayu
3) Akiko's jam
4) Makoto

Now...

1) Mai: She is the number one girl in Kanon no matter how I look at it. Her arc was one that touched me. (Still, Makoto's arc was the one that totally wrecked me.)
2) Nayuki/Ayu: I've always liked Ayu, but emo Nayuki is almost as good. I got to sympathise with Nayuki a lot during her "arc".
3) Akiko's jam/Makoto: Makoto's arc was indeed tear-jerking, so I came to like her as much as I like Akiko's jam. XD
4) Kaori: I loved how she tried to not get near Shiori so as not to be hurt. It showed that this "cool" woman has feelings.
5) Jun: Self-explanatory. "Kaori! I'm waiting~!"
Old 2007-03-20, 07:51   Link #29
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Still unchanged from
5. Ayu
4. Yuuichi
3. Jun
2. Kaori
1. Nayuki

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 09:47   Link #30
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Yuuichi, Nayuki, Shiori, and Sayuri. I'll go into full detail on those four in my Final Critique once I get it up, but for a little summary:

1) Yuuichi: Hell, EVERYBODY'S said why he's such a freakin' great male lead. Do I really have to say more?

2) Nayuki: To be honest, I think I actually like KyoAni Nayuki more than I ever liked game Nayuki (not to mention Toei or manga Nayuki). And that's quite a feat in itself; to make me like her for her moe traits is one thing, but to truly wound my heart with her "re-mixed" story for the first time is another thing altogether. Quite a feat. Hidden depths, hidden strengths behind gentleness; that's the kind of girl I dig.

3) Shiori: Although her archetype is all over the place in Japanese (and ever since the K-wave, Korean) dramas, the fact is that the archetype for her character works; I'll always have a soft spot for characters like Shiori, yet the fact that she's always kept up a smiling face despite the impending footsteps of darkness seals my love for her.

4) Sayuri: Her rendering of Kazuya's life is easily one of the more tear-jerking portions of the entire Kanon series as a whole, and makes her the most developed of the side characters.

Other than that, still very much first choice for a waifu; Nayuki comes close, but really, the only way that 'Nyuu~' falls short of 'Ahaha~' is that if I really had 'Nyuu~' as my waifu, I'll have to fix breakfast for myself every morning; can't trust her to wake up in time to make anything for me.

Not that I particularly care for the fact that 'Ahaha~' is loaded, nor that she's essentially a two-for-one deal. As far as you know.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 10:36   Link #31
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Left behind ? He is 2 votes behind Mai, and 1 vote behind Shiori/Sayuri... which is hardly "left behind".

On a side note - both Shiori and Sayuri are doing much better than i expected Which makes me a happy bunny ^__^ *hop hop* ... ok, i am starting to scare myself 0_o *goes to hide in a corner*
Considering he was leading everyone when this poll started, those three girls are pulling ahead each day by more votes bit by bit. It's slow, but steady.

When secondary characters are passing the main character(especially one as great as his), that's sad.
Old 2007-03-20, 10:40   Link #32
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ I would hardly call Shiori or Mai "secondary characters" Sayuri... maybe. But in all honesty i consider her the 6th Kanon girl anyway
Old 2007-03-20, 10:43   Link #33
rooboy
Umeboshi!

LOL, I'm the deciding vote for Mai, but I voted for her on accident.

My intended vote was:

Sayuri
Yuuichi
Ayu
Akiko
the jam-mu

Unfortunately Akiko's box was a little too close to Mai's.
Old 2007-03-20, 11:43   Link #34
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Granted these polls are anomolous collations of the nutcases who post here (with a sprinkling of goblins who don't post here) rather than any kind of statistical "truth" ... but it is interesting to see that the 3 core characters (Yuuichi, Ayu, Nayuki) are behind the lead pack.
Old 2007-03-20, 11:50   Link #35
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I've actually noticed that that's pretty prevalent in polls of this nature.
Old 2007-03-20, 12:15   Link #36
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Kanon is just one of those rare titles where it's difficult to dislike any character for me, even the supposedly annoying Makoto got my vote.

It's a pity Akiko-san's not getting enough love. She's easily one of the best bishoujo game MILFs, if not the best.

(Note to Ama fans, I've deliberately emphasized "one of the best" in the most unambiguous ways possible, so don't go around and sue me for blasphemy. )
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 12:28   Link #37
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
... but it is interesting to see that the 3 core characters (Yuuichi, Ayu, Nayuki) are behind the lead pack.
Ultimately, i can't see why that should matter. Personally, i couldn't care less whether the character i like the most is "the main character" or not. Nor do i think they deserve extra credit simply by being the "core" characters.

A character can be the main one ten times over, but that still is not going to make me like him the most if i don't feel like it. For example, Minagi was my favorite from Air, but she is anything but the main one.

From the latest posts i get the feeling that some people consider the "main" characters not dominating the poll a bad thing (or at least weird)... while i have no idea why it should be the case.
Old 2007-03-20, 12:36   Link #38
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
(Note to Ama fans, I've deliberately emphasized "one of the best" in the most unambiguous ways possible, so don't go around and sue me for blasphemy. )
I'm not really offended because I'm a fan of both. :3
Btw, for a moment I thought you double posted, then I realise it's Skyfall. : O
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 12:40   Link #39
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Personally I think it's somewhat normal to like a not main character more than the main character. One of the things that differentiates a main character is that the author/director/whatever usually spends more time on that character's flaws. Whereas less important characters are frequently less well-defined, allowing you to fill in details to bring them more in line with our own view of perfection.

So, in short, I wasn't saying it was bad, just that it was rather common. My favorite character is almost never the main character in a show. In Kanon my favorite is the jam-mu, followed by Sayuri ("ah-ha-ha-ha").
Old 2007-03-20, 12:41   Link #40
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Btw, for a moment I thought you double posted, then I realise it's Skyfall. : O
Oh, i myself have confused my posts with his for brief moments a few times The avatars are certainly similar