What about?
Singally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 20:12   Link #10243
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singally View Post
What about?
Let's just hope that the spoilers here are fake.

Okay, begin translating in 3, 2, 1...begin.
Old 2014-09-19, 20:20   Link #10244
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
Let's just hope that the spoilers here are fake.

Okay, begin translating in 3, 2, 1...begin.
Probably not, but one can have hope. (It might back fire)
Ap1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 20:28   Link #10245
Riki
ランダム王

I seriously hoped that Origami would overcome this trial. Not get killed off and replaced with another more mild Origami just for the convenience of it. I mean, what the F was Vol 9,10 build up all about when all i am getting is just, "Oh, well those things didn't happen but hey, she grows long hair, isnt emotionless, and no longer a stalker(YOU KILLED OFF THE FUNNY CHARACTERS TRAIT).......oh i am taking the long hair back since i have too many characters with that(Confirmed, she cut her hair)". ROAAARRRR
Old 2014-09-19, 20:30   Link #10246
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap1001 View Post
Nope, everyone with spirit powers remembered at the end of the novel.
Well, that's good news because if all spirits remember then everthing that happened in vol 1-10 really did happen.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 20:53   Link #10247
Jonas Down

Guys! I've found out why the author made this volume like this. Here, this will take a looooong time to explain so read. Obviously this is something I've come up with so perhaps it's not 100% legit. Ok, do you guys remember in volume 1 the title of prologue?: Chance meeting-(Restart) Why do you guys think there is a "restart" there?.......I'll go deeper into this issue. If you remember not long ago I posted a comment where I stated how things might have turned out. Thinking more about my comment I reached this conclussion (which is loooong). First, there are two type of time travelling: 1. Is to come back to past and you are your own young-self. 2:The other one is that you time travel to past and you're your present-self while your past-self is there as well. According to the "spoilers" this time travelling is the type 2,meaning that Shidou's younger-self and Shidou's present-self are there. Now, time travelling and chaging the past will automatically create another timeline. Let's say: I time travel from timeline A. Then I go to past 5 years ago and change the past. Then automatically it creates anothe timeline (B) since I changed the past. When I come back into the future, I'm in the future, but not in the timeline A but in the timeline B. So I've left timeline A to be in timeline B by mistake. Even if I time travel I'll only be travelling in the timeline B, so it's impossible to go back. In date a live there are three differents timelines. I name them as: Timeline A (Before Volume 1. Volume 1 proloue "restart"), timeline B the main plot where all the events happen (from Volume 1-10) and timeline C (Starts off from Volume 11). Let's say in timeline A shidou and the spirits don't have a good ending and end up all dying. Bad ending. Since the timelines are unlimited the author took timeline B as a "restart" from zero, this timeline may have differences with the previous one but anyway the main story takes place in this timeline. Everything that happened have been in this timeline B since the restarting. But looks like this timeline B was going to end with a bad ending again. If you guys remember, we all know Kotori is dead and the whole fraxinus crew and inverse origami is destroying the city, so it's like westcott won ans Shidou lost that's why it ended bad. But this time the author decided to let Shidou time travel without dying and pass to another timeline (C) so he could keep all the "archivements". All the sex spirits were already there without problem so it was a "restarting". Since the timeline C is completely different, all the spirits are actually different from what they used to be (yoshino's bust) (Tohka is less childlish), another thing is that the spirits never met origami but Shidou sealed them anyway. As I wrote before, tohka never fought origami, shidou never got shoot. Origami never attended to Raizen school and her parents were saved etc becuase this timeline is different, Mana never met Origami becuase in the timeline C nightmare didn't kill the people, westcott didn't meet Origami either. The events are different. So basically timelines A and B are done with bad endings but Shidou from timeline B managed to get in the timeline C and restart everthing again. But this time not from zero. Shidou, Kurumi and Origami from timeline B have still their memories and remember what happened. And after that, at the end of the novel evryone remembers
Jonas Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 21:23   Link #10248
Death Usagi
Banned

Couldn't you make them as paragraphs because it's such a long wall of text to read D:....
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 21:28   Link #10249
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
I seriously hoped that Origami would overcome this trial. Not get killed off and replaced with another more mild Origami just for the convenience of it. I mean, what the F was Vol 9,10 build up all about when all i am getting is just, "Oh, well those things didn't happen but hey, she grows long hair, isnt emotionless, and no longer a stalker(YOU KILLED OFF THE FUNNY CHARACTERS TRAIT).......oh i am taking the long hair back since i have too many characters with that(Confirmed, she cut her hair)". ROAAARRRR
Cutting the hair aside, I kind of agree with what you said.

But judging by the spoilers if they're true, I think the author wanted to show us how would be an Origami that did not live only for revenge, how she would be had her parents not been killed by a spirit. It was said that the inverse Origami was the original one and, if it's true, she kind of did overcome the fact that she almost killed her parents and this time truly fell in love with Shidou. After being sealed, I would assume that the 2 personalities fused.

Spoiler for Origami:

Judging by this pic, if it happens after being sealed, she still has her funny traits but now she has common sense too, which makes her struggling with herself even funnier.

PS: Since I'm basing myself on spoilers, what I said could turn out to be all nonsense though.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 21:31   Link #10250
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Cutting the hair aside, I kind of agree with what you said.

But judging by the spoilers if they're true, I think the author wanted to show us how would be an Origami that did not live only for revenge, how she would be had her parents not been killed by a spirit. It was said that the inverse Origami was the original one and, if it's true, she kind of did overcome the fact that she almost killed her parents and this time truly fell in love with Shidou. After being sealed, I would assume that the 2 personalities fused.

Spoiler for Origami:

Judging by this pic, if it happens after being sealed, she still has her funny traits but now she has common sense too, which makes her struggling with herself even funnier.

PS: Since I'm basing myself on spoilers, what I said could turn out to be all nonsense though.
when you consider that the spoilers suggestion is utter nonsense who knows. I mean second volumes for the spirits have been mixed either good or bad. IMO Miku's second part was nonsense Natsumi's was meh but this sounds like nonsense also
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 21:36   Link #10251
Singally

Quote:
While I agree with some of what you said, my preferred Origami is one who keeps her cute emotions like in this volume but remains a lewd stalker. Best of both worlds/timelines imo.
Singally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 21:37   Link #10252
crimsonflair
Support Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Couldn't you make them as paragraphs because it's such a long wall of text to read D:....
Use this (Hopefully this will help) :

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
crimsonflair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 21:48   Link #10253
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonflair View Post
Use this (Hopefully this will help) :

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
lol thanks
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 21:59   Link #10254
digitalak27

So they all remember the original time line?! WTF how does that work!? I actually didn't like the emotionless part of Origami and looked forward to the emotional stalker! Screw the chair, I'm throwing a couch out!
digitalak27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 22:02   Link #10255
crimsonflair
Support Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalak27 View Post
So they all remember the original time line?! WTF how does that work!? I actually didn't like the emotionless part of Origami and looked forward to the emotional stalker! Screw the chair, I'm throwing a couch out!
Make sure you don't throw the kitchen sink.
Old 2014-09-19, 22:07   Link #10256
digitalak27

Everyone remembering at the end..... I just hate that premise. Everything that happened before is now insignificant and this BS deus ex machina ruined Origami's arc! This was the best arc in my opinion and now became the steaming pile of sh*t of DAL!
Old 2014-09-19, 22:12   Link #10257
crimsonflair
Support Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalak27 View Post
Everyone remembering at the end..... I just hate that premise.
So you think it's like a cheap cop-out? "Hey let's pretend that all the events prior never happened...even though we still remember it."

These are summaries keep in mind. More context is needed to understand it.

I worry that the end of this series will be like the ending of The World God Only Knows.
Old 2014-09-19, 22:12   Link #10258
Riki
ランダム王

The time travel card really should have been avoided. Now just imagine Kurumi's conquering arc makes me tired....Siggggghhhh
Old 2014-09-19, 22:23   Link #10259
digitalak27

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonflair View Post
So you think it's like a cheap cop-out? "Hey let's pretend that all the events prior never happened...even though we still remember it."

These are summaries keep in mind. More context is needed to understand it.

I worry that the end of this series will be like the ending of The World God Only Knows.
OK then, even with context it doesn't change the fact that this was a poorly done deus ex machina. We expected something more than everyone is ok and it's all back to normal with Origami as our good friend =)
Oh and let's also leave out the part where she went ballistic and killed thousands of people. Let's not continue on from death and destruction. Also for the hell of it let's have everyone remember the previous route, but not the first since it's going to be surprise . Let's just forget all the ninth volume and continue with a short hair Origami with a new personality. Let's not change anything and milk the fans with a sexier Yoshino >8D
We the fans got shitted on.
Old 2014-09-19, 22:24   Link #10260
Yye1
Wide Right

The new volume sounds complex but awesome at the same time, I wonder just how involved Kurumi is in this new timeline

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy