Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-09, 13:04   Link #1
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

I need an mmorpg...

I've played many already, like: d2 on bnet, wow on wowscape, ragnarok atlantis / gaia, lineage and atlantica online. Stopped playing some of them cause server died and some others simply got boring cause of the "donation benefits". My personal favorites from that list were d2 and ragnarok.

So i would like to ask for some fresh suggestions on mmorpg games and a good server to play. It must be free and the donation benefits musnt affect the gameplay. And it must be able to run on a AMD 3000+ / 1GB ram / GF 7300 GT.

Thanks
Old 2010-01-09, 15:31   Link #2
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Grand Fantasia?

http://grandfantasia.aeriagames.com/

It's what I'm playing, about lvl 45 now, max lvl is 60 currently. It's pretty fun, but can get frustrating at times when crafting and upgrading.
Old 2010-01-10, 07:23   Link #3
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Grand Fantasia?

http://grandfantasia.aeriagames.com/

It's what I'm playing, about lvl 45 now, max lvl is 60 currently. It's pretty fun, but can get frustrating at times when crafting and upgrading.
Seems interesting =D thx

EDIT: what server are u in?

Last edited by incube; 2010-01-10 at 08:12.
Old 2010-01-12, 08:47   Link #4
othera

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
Seems interesting =D thx

EDIT: what server are u in?
I'm playing this to

Compared to ragnarok, this game is half better half worse

Less grindy(then a 1x) and more quests to do
PvP is well... you can't even compare them ragnarok just has this beat
Stat system downgrade
Item system upgrade
Graphics upgrade(Though I like the ragnarok graphics)

The donations seem a bit much but nothing game breaking

Also Alice server is less populated, I forgot its name but you're probably better off going to the other unless you like it quiet(Theres like 5 channels though, so you can go to a quiest channel on the other server)

Here's a list of games I've played, some are quite old and I havn't checked up on them in awhile but they should meet your requirements still
-Priston Tale 2(Not sure what the system reqs are or if its free as it was in beta when I played)
-Silk Road(A bit like RO, got boring fast for me)
-Fly for fun
Old 2010-01-12, 15:21   Link #5
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Guild Wars is the only game without a monthly fee that doesn't suck balls and doesn't have "paid item shops." Nobody can pay boatloads of money to overpower their characters, but there's no monthly fee. The actual game chapters themselves do cost, however.
Old 2010-01-13, 13:31   Link #6
micheut

A while ago Dungeons and Dragons became free to play. Never tried it though
Old 2010-01-14, 01:14   Link #7
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿

I've played pretty much every Pay 2 play and Free 2 play MMORPG.

Pay: WoW

Free: Atlantica

Problem with Atlantica is that you couldn't really be competitive without the cash shop bonuses... BUT you can farm in game gold to buy them so it wasn't really a big deal. The bigger problem was post 110 there wasn't really any end game content. Raids were kinda lame and the indi dungeons got boring fast. Still the PvP was amazing.
Old 2010-01-14, 12:05   Link #8
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'm currently playing Maplestory Europe (accessible from south America as well), and although the game's not that great it's addictive for a year...for good MMOs, I suggest CABAL-it's been running long enough to have highly advanced gameplay and the perfect quest/grind ratio...although hackers are always a problem. If you don't like either, and happen to be a fan of MegaTen, try out Shin Megami Tensei:Imagine.
Old 2010-02-09, 09:40   Link #9
JayCee
Enigma

Hi guys. I just like to recommend a new server if you want to join. Although community is still small due to being a fresh server I'm sure things will pick up once people starting inviting each other's friends. But yeah I currently play on HellCat RO.

In a nutshell it has working 3rd classes and is a non PK server (yes you can level in peace without people trying to kill you! lol).

Although it is quiet atm I'm sure population will pick up in time. Custom items are pretty balanced too so nothing too overpowered.

If you're interested let me know via pm and I'll help you get started with some equips and help you level

(oh btw you'll need to download the client from the forums as given below)

http://www.hellcat-ro.com/H-RO/frms/...139d2d0b6d2e10

Hope to see some new faces!
Old 2010-02-09, 13:10   Link #10
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The nice thing about F2P is that you can have accounts on many MMOs and if one starts to bore you, just dance over to another.

Grand Fantasia, Perfect World, Neosteam, Dungeons&DragonsOnline, DOMO, ROSE Online are ones I keep returning to. The thing that annoys me though is often there's little variation in the gear or appearance (get a bunch of lvl 40 mages together and they all look alike).
Old 2010-02-09, 21:36   Link #11
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
Here are a few sites that have free to play MMORPGS or MMORTS

Acclaim: http://www.acclaim.com/ Some good games I have played here 9Dragons which is a Martial Arts based game, and 2Moons which is a fantasy based game..

Nexon: http://www.nexon.net/ Some good games I have played here maple story, and Combat Arm which is a FPS..

Here is a old game made by Nexon and now owned by Kru: sgalaxy.com

And finally anything made by Blizzard.. So StarCraft..

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2010-02-10, 15:59   Link #12
Knyghtblade
Hooked on Catgirls

Send a message via ICQ to Knyghtblade Send a message via AIM to Knyghtblade
free ones i really dig are perfect world, atlantica, and rose

i will mess around on tales of pirates and ethereal saga

pay games i really love Everquest 2, I have an endgame character on WoW I go back to every once in a while. Aion i'm waiting for a price drop then i'll play it because the character models are gorgeous

i'm currently playing Age of Conan because they begged me to try it again. it is ALOT better than it used to be, i'm having fun, though your machine has to be pretty beefy to handle it in high graphics.
Old 2010-02-10, 22:04   Link #13
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Age of Conan is a game where I loved the mechanics, the classes, the atmosphere, the lore, the quests.... and absolutely loathed the dysfunctional insanity of the "community" (even after the addition of the consequences rep). Find a good guild and turn off world chat, always travel in packs.