AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 7 11.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 16.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 50.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-10, 22:35   Link #701
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
That kinda begs the question: What exactly is Fried? A familiar, a summon?
I'm inclined to believe he's a summon.

Broke the 700!
Old 2007-05-10, 22:42   Link #702
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
I'm inclined to believe he's a summon.
I was thinking that at first, but you'd kinda expect a summon to only be there when they're actually summoned, you know? Fried is always there(although in chibi-form most of the time), so I'm thinking it's more of a familiar or simply a pet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Broke the 700!
*celebrates*

Now we need a thread to break 1000…
Old 2007-05-10, 22:52   Link #703
Skane
Anime Snark

Freidliche is a summoned familiar.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-10, 22:53   Link #704
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
I was thinking that at first, but you'd kinda expect a summon to only be there when they're actually summoned, you know? Fried is always there(although in chibi-form most of the time), so I'm thinking it's more of a familiar or simply a pet.*celebrates*

Now we need a thread to break 1000…
Good thinking, but I don't think you can modify a pet or a familiar by including them in a summon.

And you lack sense of humor.
Old 2007-05-10, 22:58   Link #705
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Everyone seems to forget those monsters Wolkenrietter fought in A's.

In terms of size and threat, those monsters seem way more powerful than Friedich. The Knights didn't exactly cake-walk those monsters even if they can solo one alone, and they're WAY bigger than Friedich.

Besides, Friedich's true power can't even beat a single Type-3.

Now, I'd like to see those as familiars/summons.
None of those monster wimps in A's could fly, breath fire and look cool doing it.

Also, while Fred's range attack was blunted by the hardened AMF, any other appendage of the type 3 got burned off. As yet, his performance in melee [which appears to be the best was to defeat a drone] is unknown. My money is on Fred pwning that drone really hard.

Fred is a familiar BTW. I believe in ep 2 Caro mentioned as much [need to recheck]. Like Arf, he does have a compressed format, it likely goes wild when he's big if Caro botches the control spell >_< . I wonder if he has a humanoid form. Any bets it'll be a blond, blue eyed bishie?
Old 2007-05-10, 23:09   Link #706
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
Fred is a familiar BTW. I believe in ep 2 Caro mentioned as much [need to recheck]. Like Arf, he does have a compressed format, it likely goes wild when he's big if Caro botches the control spell >_< . I wonder if he has a humanoid form. Any bets it'll be a blond, blue eyed bishie?
I can't answer the last question since I don't have the time to watch the episode, but I'm tempted to put my bet on bishie Friedrich.
Old 2007-05-10, 23:11   Link #707
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
None of those monster wimps in A's could fly, breath fire and look cool doing it.

Also, while Fred's range attack was blunted by the hardened AMF, any other appendage of the type 3 got burned off. As yet, his performance in melee [which appears to be the best was to defeat a drone] is unknown. My money is on Fred pwning that drone really hard.

Unless Freidliche is classified as Rank-AA or higher, he IS weaker than those monsters that Signum and Vita fought. Additionally, in reference to the A's manga, Signum has fought against a Dragon-summoner before and she defeated the Dragon (Rank-AA) in one move.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-10, 23:13   Link #708
Ratler

Location: Currently Recovering in the TSAB Rehabilitation wing.
Quote:
Me: "Officer, Can I change my seat?"

Officer: "Really, Where to?"

Me: "Anywhere but next to that girl"

Officer: "Don't worry, She say's it's toilet trained"

Me: "Officer, My concerns are a little more serious than Dragon Poo"

Officer: "Just pretend you didn't see that then"

Secretly, I know for certain Caro will NEVER have any problems with molesters using public transport.
Ya I would almost feel sorry them... almost. On second thought no, I don't feel sorry for them at all in fact I encourage there complete and total annihilation.
Old 2007-05-11, 00:17   Link #709
Erio
Hiromi

Wink

*Looks at this thread...* The subs are not even out yet and there's over 700 replies... If I'm not mistaken, only a couple of you guys actually understand most of the dialog, so 700 replies based solely on speculation and ship wars? You guys are crazy, I tell you, CRAZY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
I can't answer the last question since I don't have the time to watch the episode, but I'm tempted to put my bet on bishie Friedrich.
I sure hope its not a bishie. I would suspect a boy around the same age as Erio too, but a normal, modest one (much like Erio).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Unless Freidliche is classified as Rank-AA or higher, he IS weaker than those monsters that Signum and Vita fought. Additionally, in reference to the A's manga, Signum has fought against a Dragon-summoner before and she defeated the Dragon (Rank-AA) in one move.

Cheers.
I'm pretty sure monsters would be ranked differently than humans. As an example, a Rank-AA dragon would be ranked according to its attack power but not its fighting prowess overall. So technically, a Military-Rank-AA mage should be able to own a Rank-AA dragon without problems. (Something like dodging its fireball and one-hit killing it)

Oh another topic: You know what's most intriguing about Lutecia? Her gloves. Lutecia could be a summon, a summoner, even a Caro's clone... But why is her device similar to Caro's?

Because we saw the broken capsules in Dr. S's laboratory, she must be some clone or a genetically modified human. There's probably no doubt about that. What's really fishy is her device, which links her to Caro.

So my bet is that she's Caro's sister (explaining why she has the device), who was also expelled from her village and taken in as a test subject for Project F, or who had died (maybe Fried got out of control?) and was cloned in a similar way to Fate.
Old 2007-05-11, 00:24   Link #710
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
*Looks at this thread...* The subs are not even out yet and there's over 700 replies... If I'm not mistaken, only a couple of you guys actually understand most of the dialog, so 700 replies based solely on speculation and ship wars? You guys are crazy, I tell you, CRAZY.
Indeed we are crazy, we all are...

Quote:
Oh another topic: You know what's most intriguing about Lutecia? Her gloves. Lutecia could be a summon, a summoner, even a Caro's clone... But why is her device similar to Caro's?

Because we saw the broken capsules in Dr. S's laboratory, she must be some clone or a genetically modified human. There's probably no doubt about that. What's really fishy is her device, which links her to Caro.

So my bet is that she's Caro's sister (explaining why she has the device), who was also expelled from her village and taken in as a test subject for Project F, or who had died (maybe Fried got out of control?) and was cloned in a similar way to Fate.
We are all assuming that Lutecia is comes from the Doc's lab of lolis, Even if its unlikely maybe Lutecia is modfied to be a Relic weapon by someone else.... and was picked up by the so called *Client*...
Old 2007-05-11, 00:27   Link #711
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
Don't know why anime usually seem to avoid highlighting characters with disabilities.The only notable one that i can remember is Hinoto from X-1999.It could add some more cool mysterious vibe to Lutecia ^.^
Forgetting Hayate so soon?

Quote:
We try.

Quote:

Hmm I don't know.... I'm still placing my bets on a genetic creation.
Old 2007-05-11, 00:30   Link #712
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Aww... Well, I tried to contribute (1/7 of it...)

Quote:
I sure hope its not a bishie. I would suspect a boy around the same age as Erio too, but a normal, modest one (much like Erio).
By right, she only has him for 4 years , so that'll make him a baby in human years ...

... Carol and Erio could play 'family'

Quote:
I'm pretty sure monsters would be ranked differently than humans. As an example, a Rank-AA dragon would be ranked according to its attack power but not its fighting prowess overall. So technically, a Military-Rank-AA mage should be able to own a Rank-AA dragon without problems. (Something like dodging its fireball and one-hit killing it)
I would think the rank would be more like it's 'Level' or 'difficulty'

Think MORPG

Quote:
She's nobody's clone, their eyes are different.

Quote:
Nah, the elders would have commented on that if a second sister was kicked out...
Old 2007-05-11, 00:52   Link #713
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
... Carol and Erio could play 'family'
LOL

Quote:
I would think the rank would be more like it's 'Level' or 'difficulty'

Think MORPG
That sounds good. Good point. Then that would mean Signum was at least rank AAA, or even S, by the time she instant-killed the AA dragon, I guess.

Quote:
She's nobody's clone, their eyes are different.
Fair enough. I dont think she is a clone, either. I guess I could have just said, "Lutecia could be whatever."

Quote:
Nah, the elders would have commented on that if a second sister was kicked out...
What if they didnt want to recall any tragedies, or something?

You guys missed the point of my comment, though. What I was trying to say is that, no matter what Lutecia is, its weird that she has a device similar to Caro's! Why do the writers want to link her to Caro? She's definitely someone related to Caro.

Well, be back in 20 hours.
Old 2007-05-11, 00:54   Link #714
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post

Cheers.
Signum should be S+ ranked looking at how she and Fate are about equal in power. Whacking anything under that should be considered acceptable.

There's still a lot that is unknown about the dragon and it's mistress. Caro's a lot younger than Fate or Nanoha when they achieved something BIG, so her powers are still in development. From ep2, Fred is hinted to be rather special himself. If he should turn out to be an S+ package without the limiters then that's still a lot of power in one bird.

In the mean time, he's rather overpowered/underpowered against the team's current opposition depending on what form he's in

As for how old he really is? Caro bonded to him 4 years ago, before that no one knows . It may be that his current size mirrors that of where Caro is at the moment [with the self confidence issue and youth] so it'll be fun to see where both develop as the series progresses
Old 2007-05-11, 00:57   Link #715
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Okay, give it up people. No matter how much you try to pimp her up, Signum is, and most likely will remain, a S- rank...

The knights don't seem to upgrade...
Old 2007-05-11, 01:07   Link #716
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Signum should be S+ ranked looking at how she and Fate are about equal in power. Whacking anything under that should be considered acceptable.

There's still a lot that is unknown about the dragon and it's mistress. Caro's a lot younger than Fate or Nanoha when they achieved something BIG, so her powers are still in development. From ep2, Fred is hinted to be rather special himself. If he should turn out to be an S+ package without the limiters then that's still a lot of power in one bird.

In the mean time, he's rather overpowered/underpowered against the team's current opposition depending on what form he's in

As for how old he really is? Caro bonded to him 4 years ago, before that no one knows . It may be that his current size mirrors that of where Caro is at the moment [with the self confidence issue and youth] so it'll be fun to see where both develop as the series progresses
The thing is, Signum had difficulty against those "Sandworms", which strongly implies that the Sandworms were higher than Rank-AA. So to state that Freidliche is stronger than them, is to state that he is Rank-AAA or higher; which is highly doubtful.

None of his attacks thus far justifies such a high ranking. Especially since he is fighting against automatons, and not real Mages (or sentient beings for that matter).

Furthermore, Caro is Rank-C. It is highly unlikely for such a huge gulf in power levels if she is to control Freidliche (lest he goes berserk).

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-11, 01:09   Link #717
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Forgetting Hayate so soon?
Hayate is not really disabled and it was addressed in the show what caused em and such.
I am talking about main character that really have some kind of permanent disabilities without it being linked much with the storyline.Check out Hinoto/Ohri

As for Lutecia she could be anything like C2F said -_- there is like nothing shown about her so far except those 20 sec scene in EP6 and preview.Lets just wait for Ep7 , should be much more hint ^.^

Edit:On Fried case,in my opinion he acted as some kind of device for Caro. How powerful he is all depend on the user.By himself, he might either go berserk or pretty much useless, remember that in "bahamut" form his consciousness is dependent on Caro.The sandworms that Signum fight are independent by themselves so they can be considered more powerful.
Quote:
You should consider that attack was boosted by Caro and it still pretty much ineffective
Quote:
There is a chance she is not one of the clone itself but the original.The capsules were not broken if you look at them carefully.In fact there is only 1 girl in those capsules that actually resemble her (no.XI)

Last edited by raidou; 2007-05-11 at 01:29.
Old 2007-05-11, 01:22   Link #718
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
As for Lutecia she could be anything like C2F said -_- there is like nothing shown about her so far except those 20 sec scene in EP6 and preview.Lets just wait for Ep7 , should be much more hint ^.^
No no, all I said was she's not a clone

As for what I hope she'll be to Carol?

A Rival.
Old 2007-05-11, 01:27   Link #719
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:

A Rival.
Ahh ok my bad i didn't read some of the post properly.

Rival eh...wonder whether he can just get both and hopefully able to handle the situation properly ^.^

Anyone notice those blades on Zest's boots , expecting some great kicking action from that
Old 2007-05-11, 01:29   Link #720
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

A Rival.
A Rival for what? Elio's feelings?

*RUNS*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Closed Thread